Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
May 18, 2018 6:07 AM
Mar 2016
Hi,

I just finished watching this show less than an hour ago, and although I think I understand the plot, there are 2 things that I can't seem to get a handle on. Also, this is going to contain spoilers, so be warned.

1. This one is insignificant, but in the episode with the Chinese Assassin who uses coins as bullets, at the end of the episode, Togasa (I think that is how its spelled) goes home to his wife after ruminating over the rich dude dying alone but surrounded with money and his automated program running on standby. The wife mentioned that she trades stocks on her free time, and when they leave the room, the computer turns back on and transactions are made on their own. Was there supposed to be a deeper meaning to this? I understand what its implying but I'm sure its never brought up again.

2. This is the bigger one, and it involves the greater Laughing Man case. So I get the story of it all, corporate blackmail, red herrings, the coverups, and whatnot, but what I don't seem to understand is how or more importantly why the Laughing Man reveals himself after being dormant for 6 years after the Police Interceptors case is brought before the public. I suppose I may have failed to connect a few characters together or missed something, or it could have all been coincidence being that the fake Laughing Man (I think his name was nanau?) brought the real Laughing Man back to public conscious and accidentally lead to the real Laughing Man being revealed by by chance? Does anyone have a greater understanding or fill me in on what I'm missing?
I am new to the anime community, please feel free to suggest any anime for me to watch and review. List is currently in my Bio.

Currently watching: Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex

"Some people get kicks, stomping on a dream. But I don't let it, let it get me down, 'cause this fine o'l world keeps spinning around." -That's Life, Frank Sinatra

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

153 by MineFord_gurme »»
Apr 5, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 8, 2008

84 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 28, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

88 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

50 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

77 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 17, 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.