Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2014
because a lot of shokugeki fans already read the manga.

for me, its hype as fuck
May 21, 2018 1:31 PM

Oct 2017
I am caught up with the manga so it loses that initial oomph, but I'm still really enjoying it being animated and I'm glad it's still being produced.
May 22, 2018 3:37 AM
Apr 2018
Nope im still so hyped i love this show
May 24, 2018 4:51 PM
Jul 2014
I binged the first season and enjoyed it, because it gave me a unique feel. I was excited when season 2 was announced. But immediately lost the hype. Just didn't give me that same feeling. Then now we're on season 3. It's still pretty much the same. Not only this. This happens with every series for me now.
May 24, 2018 4:56 PM
Dec 2016
Unleashed_SM said:
I binged the first season and enjoyed it, because it gave me a unique feel. I was excited when season 2 was announced. But immediately lost the hype. Just didn't give me that same feeling. Then now we're on season 3. It's still pretty much the same. Not only this. This happens with every series for me now.

Maybe you should take a few month break from anime.
May 27, 2018 11:42 PM
Mar 2016
I think it's because this show is quite different from the norm. So season 1 generated so much hype on the fact it wasn't a generic moe or Isekai series that has been drowning out everything else and dominating the industry in the past few years.

Season 1 was good, unpredictable and all the characters are great. Season 2 was training and tournament arc and those 2 things are done almost to perfection in this series. Again it was unpredictable, our main character didn't win even though they made it look like he was actually going to.

This season has been pretty slow in comparison and somewhat predictable. Also with the Elite 10 and Director Nakiri being the bulk standard villain and crew of the series kinda drags this show down to a typical Shonen series. At least in my eyes. It was great when there wasn't an over hanging antagonist but the battles were just students trying to secure their places and be the best they can be. At the moment it's our band of hated by the top brass protagonists against the comically cartoonish villain and his band of elites.

I love the show, it's easily one of my top 5 but this season, especially the second half, has lost some of the spark that made it amazing in the first place by having a generic antagonist with stupid views. Also the way he operates isn't the best. The underhanded tricks that even the staff are apart of just make them less compelling antagonists overall. I mean the things they have been doing like giving bad/no ingredients, changing times and just being annoying to the protags is really stupid and makes them sound like kiddy show bad guys. At least this is why the hype died down for me. I think it's because I just dislike the director and not in the way I'm supposed to. I dislike him because the things he does to try to get rid of Souma and crew are stunts you'd see in a dumb kids show. At least that's how I see him. Hopefully I get the hype back when he's dealt with and we get back to the students using their wits and skills to win and not dumb underhanded tactics set up by a spoilt brat of a director.
AyElCeeMay 27, 2018 11:46 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.