Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (146) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2018 5:34 PM

Apr 2013
I have absolutely no desire of watching S2 of SAO (even tho Sinon is bae). Is it advisable to skip and jump straight into S3 for best looking girl? I'm also aware of all the plot points of S2.
Oct 8, 2018 6:36 PM

Nov 2011
You can. You'll just miss Sinon's back story and what the hell Death Gun is. Only the Death Gun arc from season 2 is all that matter. That's is only half of season 2.

Excalibur arc is meh, Mother Rosario arc is good but skippable, it solely to develop Asuna's character.
Kaiser-chanOct 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Oct 8, 2018 7:05 PM

Apr 2013
Sweet. Straight into S3 it is. Hopefully my opinion of SAO will improve. Didn't like S1. Didn't like the games. Especially don't like the fandom. I blame the fandom mostly.

To be fair, if I were a chuuni teen again I'd definitely love the shit out of SAO.
Oct 8, 2018 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
I feel the same. I am not fan of anything pre-Alicization. This arc is SAO, anything before it just something to build this stage. You won't realize this is SAO if Kirito isn't the MC.
Kaiser-chanOct 8, 2018 7:20 PM

Oct 8, 2018 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
Season 1 wasn't that great, and I read and love the light novels to death. Season 2 is alright tho. Alicization is pretty much Isekai from what I've read. Kinda like No Game No Life or Overlord where the world has game-ish elements, but it's its own world with people living in it.
Oct 8, 2018 8:34 PM
Jan 2015
For me, season 1 was okay(1st half good, 2nd half bad). I thought season 2 was much better overall(1st arc good, 2nd arc okay, 3rd arc great). Alicization should be the best out of all of them by far though.
-MahesvaraOct 8, 2018 8:46 PM
My Queens

Oct 8, 2018 10:12 PM
Jan 2015
Speaking of Isekai, Tensei Shitara is looking like a very good one so far.
My Queens

Oct 9, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2011
The awkward moment when there are good goblins.

Oct 9, 2018 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
astroprogs said:
Yesterday, I binged the first season of Railgun and 12 episodes of the second season.

As for S1, not bad. 6.5/10. Would've given it a 7.5/10, if not for the abundance of worthless filler.
Yes, show, I really wanted to know how that glasses anti-skill officer deals with her work stress. ffs.

For episodes 1-12 of S2, I have to say that the narrative stakes and production values certainly jumped up big time. Everything I see so far is way more entertaining and the fights are choreographed and animated beautifully. It's a real shame that very few shows actually look as good as this and actually, you know, take more than 15 seconds for fights to conclude.

The second season so far is compelling enough for a solid 9/10, but let's see how the other half holds up.
Other half goes straight back to filler land. Took me months to get through it.
Oct 9, 2018 8:08 AM

Nov 2013
ShinsoPriest said:
Something I always wondered about Touma. Sure his Imagine Breaker is strong, but how would it help against foes that can bypass it by speed blitzing him?
Like we see in the very first arc, people like Kanzaki wipe the floor with him.
Oct 9, 2018 9:27 AM

Oct 2008
Yeah Touma would get demolished if he was in the Fate verse.
Oct 9, 2018 9:59 AM
Jan 2015
He'd probably get EX-Rank plot armor tho
My Queens

Oct 9, 2018 11:07 AM

Oct 2008
Shiki could probably kill his Imagine Breaker
Oct 9, 2018 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
Oct 9, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
ShinsoPriest said:
Yeah Touma would get demolished if he was in the Fate verse.
Well, depends.

People who are superhuman like Kirei will rekt him easily. Servants will get oneshot by him.

Others who just enhance themselves with magic it will depend on whether or not his precognition can keep up with it.

And reminder we still don't know much about

NT21 is apparently released already so perfect time for me to finish vol20 while I wait for the translation. There will probably be a ton of reveals.
Oct 9, 2018 2:21 PM

Oct 2008
Oct 9, 2018 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
ShinsoPriest said:
>Servants will get oneshot by him
Lol what
They go *poof* the moment they come in contact with his right hand.
Oct 9, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2008
They would just rematerialize again. His hand would just cancel the magic sustaining their physical forms. In the first place, servants are faster than the human eye can see so they wouldn't even be touched.
Oct 9, 2018 2:43 PM

Jan 2014
Well I mean, with the average physical power a Servant has, they could literally just pick up a nearby car or street pole and smash him into the ground with it without ever coming into contact with him. But then again, that's assuming they know what his ability does.
Oct 9, 2018 3:24 PM

Apr 2013
I remember the day when Accelerator vs Gilgamesh was a big deal that had dozens of pages of discussions.
Oct 9, 2018 3:53 PM

Oct 2008
To be fair Accelerator is pretty hax if you take his powers to the extreme. Like converting the power of the Earth's rotation into an attack or some ridiculous shit.
Oct 9, 2018 5:06 PM

Nov 2013
I am honestly disappointed at how little imagination Kamachi has when it comes to Accelerator's power.

Misaka does so much cool shit with hers but with accelerator it's just a variation of shoot this thing very fast or reflect this thing back at the attacker. And then for some reason makes him use tornado wings to fly around wut.

ShinsoPriest said:
In the first place, servants are faster than the human eye can see so they wouldn't even be touched.
You know, I keep making this argument but iunno.

@ssjokg what do you think

Oct 9, 2018 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
In another news, Tokyo Ghoul:re season 2 is hot mess. Trying to cramp over 150+ chapters into 12 episodes is bound to be a failure. If you don't read the manga, you won't understand shit.

At least the OP is good.

Oct 10, 2018 2:20 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
I am honestly disappointed at how little imagination Kamachi has when it comes to Accelerator's power.

Misaka does so much cool shit with hers but with accelerator it's just a variation of shoot this thing very fast or reflect this thing back at the attacker. And then for some reason makes him use tornado wings to fly around wut.

ShinsoPriest said:
In the first place, servants are faster than the human eye can see so they wouldn't even be touched.
You know, I keep making this argument but iunno.

@ssjokg what do you think

People seem to think that Servants would work like Innocentius but that is false.

Servants are kept in this world by an anchor and are supplied with mana to do stuff, including to exist.
Coming in touch wit IB would destroy the link to the mana supply, the anchor AND teh Servant itself. There is no rematerializing.

As for Touma vs Servants, there is no clear answer.
His feats with beings equal to Servants(or stronger) are inconsistent. Against some of them he cant react at all and against others he can survive long enough to turn the tables. With enough info he can even win against something like Enuma Elish or other layer/dimension/world breaking abilities.

VS Servants it is whatever the fuck the writer wants.Honestly just make Touma cut his right arm and release the dragons.Then see how fun that would be for Servants.

Against humans with special abilities is where it gets interesting.
Shirou,Rin,Sakura(any) will be easily beaten. Based on multiple feats he can easily counter anything they throw at him.

Tohno Shiki depends on whether he can use Nanaya blood mode or not.

R.Shiki can be KO.ed

Ciel.Will IB destroy her connection to Roa before she kills him?

Kuzuki,Kirei,Bazett have him easily.

Kiritusgu has him very easily.With the exception of Saints and the first time he fought a god, Touma always lost when guns were involved.

The real fun is Aleister vs Gilgamesh or Solomon or Full Arc.
lol
Oct 10, 2018 3:39 AM

Nov 2013
Was totally expecting you to mention that he reacts to shit moving at the speed of light.

I disagree about the Shikis. The magic is in their eyes so he would need to constantly have his hand on theirs. In a simple fight I'd put my money on Shiki. Reminder that

But yeah against super humans that don't rely on magic he gets rekt 10 times out of 10.
Oct 10, 2018 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
Was totally expecting you to mention that he reacts to shit moving at the speed of light.

I disagree about the Shikis. The magic is in their eyes so he would need to constantly have his hand on theirs. In a simple fight I'd put my money on Shiki. Reminder that

But yeah against super humans that don't rely on magic he gets rekt 10 times out of 10.

Never said that he does tho?:feelsthinkingman:

And i didnt say that he would negate MEoDP.
I dont take counter-trained characters, like Amata or her, to counter specific people, into account.
I mean if we stretch things enough Touma did beat
Oct 10, 2018 4:11 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Lightning

I dont take counter-trained characters, like Amata or her, to counter specific people, into account.

No wait, what are you referring to :blobthonkang:
Oct 10, 2018 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
Lightning

No wait, what are you referring to :blobthonkang:
He reacts fast enough to people about to shoot lighting fast attacks.I just believe that you still need really fast and precise reactions to do that, in so little time.

I would agree about Shiki or any other trained in martial arts if Touma didnt have all those experiences(especially after NT9) behind him.

And the other girl is still a special case since Touma didnt have full control of his body.

Oct 10, 2018 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
We're really going to count that?

@_@
Oct 10, 2018 4:43 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, what I'm reading about the Index LNs is pretty intriguing. Is it worth the hassle of finding and reading it, compared to just watching the anime?
I mean, I already got that the anime suffers from the DEEN F/SN adaptation issue, but is the source actually as good as the F/SN VN?
Oct 10, 2018 4:57 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
We're really going to count that?

@_@

>I mean if we stretch things enough

astroprogs said:
Okay, what I'm reading about the Index LNs is pretty intriguing. Is it worth the hassle of finding and reading it, compared to just watching the anime?
I mean, I already got that the anime suffers from the DEEN F/SN adaptation issue, but is the source actually as good as the F/SN VN?

The Index anime isnt as bad as the FSN anime, adaptation wise. Index also doesnt suffer from bad timed comedy like FSN 2006 did.

Some events,notably, the big fight in Sisters arc and all of Angel Fall arc, are changed but that is all. Index anime is very enjoyable for source readers unlike Deennight which lets be honest isnt that enjoyable except for specific scenes.

As a joke I could say Touma is a Shirou that survived a Fuyuki fire which had 0 victims, and decided to stop such bad events(or people) from ruining others as well.No PTSDs, no hero ideals,no martyr complex. He just wants a happy ending where all go home happy.

His best development comes very late in the LNs(like 33+ volumes) but all of them are still a very enjoyable read.Except one volume which was painful to both watch AND read.

As for world building, I prefer the magic system of Index lot more than Nasuverse's magic system.

Also some plot twists caught you unprepared that you cant help but feel joy even if shit REALLY hit the fan.

Like, what if i told you the BIG Villain was on screen since season 1 of Index?And we only found out 3 LN volumes ago.Not that it means anything if you havent watched it at all....
ssjokgOct 10, 2018 5:07 AM
Oct 10, 2018 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
astroprogs said:
There's a torrent on Nyaa that has literally all that exists for the LN part of the franchise, including parodies with the author's other works like Heavy Object (if you can't find it or just too lazy to sniff around shoot me a message on discord).

I would say it is worth the hassle, depending on how much fanservice you can tolerate.

As for the FSN comparison, the anime for Index is actually better imo than FSN 2006. That early in the series the selling point was the comedy, world building and fanservice. Sometimes cool characters. The anime got 2-3 of those right for the most part (hint: it's not world building). So while it's still a terrible adaptation it was entertaining to watch.

Is the source better than FSN? Ehh for me probably not. Without the fanservice, I would consider New Testament as good as FSN. But don't forget that there's a difference in medium and goal, so it's not really a good comparison. But in general Fate fans should feel right at home with To Aru.
BotatoOct 10, 2018 5:04 AM
Oct 10, 2018 5:06 AM

Aug 2009
Toaru also uses a lot of history in both magic and science so yeah Fate fans tend to like it.

Oct 10, 2018 5:10 AM

Aug 2009
Although not a good indicator, what did you think of Railgun?

Oh nvm, so you have seen Index 1 and 2.

I thought you didnt.
Oct 11, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2011
By the third time I heard this song, I completely love it.

Oct 11, 2018 8:38 AM
Jan 2015
Seishun might be my favorite non sequel this season. The 2 leads are awesome so far and I really dig their chemistry. Nice mix of comedy and drama, a long with interesting supernatural and mystery subplots.
My Queens

Oct 11, 2018 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
Zombiememe is probably my AOTS.
Oct 11, 2018 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
Oh snap is ep2 out already? :naruhodo:

Oct 11, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Goblin Slayer and Slime anime is really opposing each other in the concept of goblins.
In Goblin Slayer, the goblins are evil and wicked.
In the slime anime, the goblins are nice and weak monsters.
Oct 11, 2018 11:55 PM

Aug 2009
ShibuyaHero said:
Goblin Slayer and Slime anime is really opposing each other in the concept of goblins.
In Goblin Slayer, the goblins are evil and wicked.
In the slime anime, the goblins are nice and weak monsters.
one is a fantasy action amd the other fantasy comedy.

Oct 12, 2018 12:21 AM
Jan 2015
Well they're both fantasy action, one is just an edgelord series while the other isn't.
My Queens

Oct 12, 2018 12:37 AM

Jun 2015
One is a man who kills hentai monsters.

The other is a hentai monster.

Oct 12, 2018 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
-Mahesvara said:
Well they're both fantasy action, one is just an edgelord series while the other isn't.
Well one uses the more "traditional" version of goblins and the other uses EEVRYTHING as a joke.
Oct 12, 2018 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
SherouCreationEX said:
One is a man who kills hentai monsters.

The other is a hentai monster.

This seems about right. XD
Oct 12, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2014
8 episodes into Railgun and honestly so far, it's been a lesser experience to me than Index was at this same episode count. While I didn't think the 1st season of Index was particularly rich in it's narrative, the main cast and plot focus were considerably more enjoyable to sit through. I enjoy Saten and Misaka, but Uihara incites nothing but indifference and Kuroko can be considerably annoying at times, which is a bit of an issue considering she's a main character in this instance.

Even Misaka herself is considerably more endearing in her interactions/dynamics with Touma than any of the new female co-protags, which is further enhanced in my mind with Touma's few appearances throughout the show. Couldn't help smiling every time he'd appear, honestly, because every scene he was in tended to be considerably more entertaining than any scene Misaka had with Kuroko or Uihara, let's say.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying Railgun. I definitely am and it's still a good show over-all, but I feel like it hasn't managed to really reach the entertainment value that Index did with it's cast, plot or comedy dynamics and narrative-wise, it's more of the same as Index except bit more of a snorefest. That said, I have only completed 8 episodes which is about only a third of the show so it might be a bit too soon to compare them at this level.
AirConditionerOct 12, 2018 5:42 AM
Oct 12, 2018 5:41 AM

Nov 2011
The only good thing about Railgun to me is that update animation fight between Touma and Accelerator. I wonder why I watched it in the first place.

Oct 12, 2018 5:55 AM

Aug 2009
AirConditioner said:
8 episodes into Railgun and honestly so far, it's been a lesser experience to me than Index was at this same episode count. While I didn't think the 1st season of Index was particularly rich in it's narrative, the main cast and plot focus were considerably more enjoyable to sit through. I enjoy Saten and Misaka, but Uihara incites nothing but indifference and Kuroko can be considerably annoying at times, which is a bit of an issue considering she's a main character in this instance.

Even Misaka herself is considerably more endearing in her interactions/dynamics with Touma than any of the new female co-protags, which is further enhanced in my mind with Touma's few appearances throughout the show. Couldn't help smiling every time he'd appear, honestly, because every scene he was in tended to be considerably more entertaining than any scene Misaka had with Kuroko or Uihara, let's say.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying Railgun. I definitely am and it's still a good show over-all, but I feel like it hasn't managed to really reach the entertainment value that Index did with it's cast, plot or comedy dynamics and narrative-wise, it's more of the same as Index except bit more of a snorefest.

It makes sense since Railgun was made for fans of Misaka and Kuroko from Index.Saten and Uiharu,the latter actually existing in Index, were the extras.

The anime goes out of its way to remove continuity with Index anime(and novel and even Railgun manga).

Where is Touma when he should have been there in ep8?Why remove him and add some who-the-fuck-is-she neechan thug?

Oh yeah Railgun sucks because of fillers and bs like that.

Sisters arc in Railgun S is the only thing that is great and even better than Index so dont expect much.
Oct 12, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2016
Is this still a seasonal discussion ?
Oct 12, 2018 6:07 AM

Jan 2014
I definitely understand what the appeal of Railgun is supposed to be, but since it's generally considered better than Index, I'd have thought that the reason for it wouldn't be as asinine as ''there's no dumbass harem male MC, CUTE GIRLS with some yuri bait is better''. Part of me always assumed that was going to be the reason since that's the case for most of these things, but well, it's whatever.

It's not really much of an issue and it's still a good show to sit through. Just a tad bit disappointing compared to Index, that's all.
Oct 12, 2018 6:11 AM

Jan 2014
Swagernator said:
Is this still a seasonal discussion ?

No, but Index-related discussions have been going on here for the last couple of days so there was no real reason to move it to the other thread. Especially since the purpose this and the other thread serve are practically the same thing.

Also the same exact 5~10 people ever post on these threads and club in general so thread management at a level this specific is essentially pointless.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (146) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [Fate/Grand Order] All-around Discussions v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Aug 6, 2021

1309 by -Sherou- »»
38 minutes ago

» [Non-Type-Moon] All-around Discussions v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShinsoPriest - Aug 10, 2021

8808 by astroprogs »»
50 minutes ago

Sticky: » Fate/Type-Moon - Anime & Manga Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Dec 31, 2016

8108 by -Sherou- »»
Mar 26, 7:30 AM

» [Fate/Gaming] All-around Discussions [Non-Tagged Spoilers Are Bad Civilization] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

astroprogs - Dec 10, 2015

614 by belatkuro »»
Mar 22, 7:38 PM

» [Fate/Grand Order] You've got a User ID? Share that sexy number with us ( 1 2 3 4 )

astroprogs - Aug 3, 2015

176 by Diaz1998 »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.