Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 16, 2018 8:29 AM

Oct 2016
Why is the original Stardust Crusaders anime rated so low at a 7.22 for Adventure? Newer one is arguably better but this isn't terrible, I feel there's room for both. I found the style very unique plus overall pretty solid as a horror anime.
Apr 18, 2018 8:15 AM

Oct 2016
Started watching more Stardust Crusaders remake, I suppose it does explain the rating for this since it's far superior. I like the pacing more and am happy I get to watch 48 episodes.

I'm thinking I might lower my rating for them since I'm probably going to give the new one a 9 or perhaps 10 and the new one highlights possibly the biggest issue with the originals which is that they're too short(I wish there was more of Battle Tendency too tbh). TBH part 3 remake & part 4 are some shows that kind of make me wish they had in between x.5 ratings as I'd probably give both a 9.5.

Average rating felt low given what else there is at barely a 7 average.
May 21, 2020 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Apart from the YouTube clips I've watched (of the modern Jojo) -- and as of mid-May 2020 -- I've only seen the 90's OVA's. Nevertheless, I SEE the stark contrast between the two versions, with this one being a LOT more serious with minuscule comedy. In the initial forum post, though, I AGREE -- THERE'S A PLACE FOR BOTH! I think this VERY MUCH deserves a high-rating in its own right!

Also, not that this is the place to share, but I really like this version Joseph Joestar. His modern reincarnation is very quirky, which is to love as well. But I also find it sad that this is the only place we'll ever see a version of him like this. He's like an actual grandfather here. He almost feels like a straight-man -- a completely normal character who the other characters, as well as the audience, can sort of morally rely on.

That's just a blind assumption I'm making based on the few YT clips I've seen of the modern JoJo. But I'm pretty sure, again, the OVA's are the only place we'll see this kind of version of JoJo. The "blonde" one I guess I should be calling him, haha.

Wasn't really sure where else to leave that opinion, though, aside from this thread.

I'm on Episode 5 as of now and I'm really enjoying it. It feels good to watch something a bit more "masculine". After Sword Art Online, per se. Pokemon, Konosuba, One Piece. This is a breath of fresh air. šŸ™ƒ
Oct 2, 2020 6:15 AM

Jan 2020
The JoJo OVA series is sadly overshadowed by the newer adaptation. New fans simply go straight to the modern anime, and ignore the original.

It's a shame, because the OVA is really good on its own. The darker tone, the horror elements and the eerie soundtrack give it a very unique feel. It's well directed too, the Dio fight especially. Seeing him teleport around with no sound is a great way to represent his Stand. Other fights such as D'Arby are also well done, and some of the changes, like the Enya fight, were for the better in my opinion.

I think every JoJo fan should give the OVA a watch. It's a nice and unique take on the series that, despite being short and changing stuff from the manga, is still pretty enjoyable. It won't appeal to the people that only care about the memes, though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 7 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 13, 2009

21 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 3:18 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 6 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

7 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 5 Discussion

Yangbojian - Apr 9, 2013

11 by Rob »»
Nov 19, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 4 Discussion

glenn177 - Dec 22, 2012

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2000) Episode 3 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jun 15, 2013

9 by Rob »»
Nov 18, 2023 4:41 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.