Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 21, 2018 2:47 AM
Apr 2018

Add this to the list of words people use in lieu of an actual arguement.

I don't even know why people still argue.
The fact that Kokoro was wrong is a part of the story.
Kokoro said she was wrong.
It's literally in the script.
Get over it, maybe?
No?
Okay...
May 21, 2018 2:49 AM

Feb 2015
@MatCap I was talking about people here and not the characters.
People should get over this already.
She was wrong but she is not a bitch or whatever else people are calling her.
She was forced to make that promise by the circumstances as to not break their parasite relationship so they both can still pilot mecha and be useful.
It wasn't love confession. They weren't a pair. No one got cucked.
It was meant to happen.
End of story.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
May 21, 2018 3:04 AM
Jan 2014
Well, I strongly believe that if the boys and girls are well organized, they could all catch up and be very happy before they die... or not? xD

May 21, 2018 3:26 AM
Jun 2015
Hakaminah said:
MatCap said:

Yeah well, Kokoro is still wrong for what she did and people still won't admit it so...

Some people are still acting like incels that also live in fantasy world so...

I only had a problem with the way she dealt with the problem. She still has denied Futoshi of a basic conversation.
May 21, 2018 3:43 AM

Oct 2015
cantankerous said:
Naxrrhid said:
Keep Brown Knighting that Whore-koro boyz!

This shit is comedy gold!

Jesus, you're 32 years old?

A lonely 32-year-old.
Dec 28, 2018 2:55 AM
Sep 2018
1.its funny how ppl react and act like this shitshow is a big deal to arguing about even tho if all of u realize that without this character so called "drama" bullshit this show have nothing to look for.
2.kokoro is a bitch,am i a kokoro hater? nah,or a fatso fan? nah,but why? simple,and in fact this is the real reason,all of u defending kokoro and talk shit to ppl "HATE" her is like all of this ppl just pitying fat guy,nah,most of them hate kokoro for 1 reason,not because she choose mitsuru,but "HOW" she did it,which is obvious,tell me ur reason to depend "kokoro act breaking her promise" is right,because she just stand up and be honest with her feeling? so what she did is right? no my friend,what she did is wrong,inexcusable,and what worse,she doesnt even talk about it later to the fat guy,THE PROBLEM NOT HER DECISION TO BE WITH MITSURU << read it carefully.
3.so do u get it how meaningless all of this bullshit? because the writer/director clearly doing it on purpose so this show look like deep and have meaning,when in fact,ITS NOT.nuff said.
Sep 6, 2019 9:37 AM
Sep 2019
I know that I came too late, but I'll let my comment anyway:...

Futoshi always made clear how much he like her and Kokoro ever knew what Futoshi felt about her (it was impossible for her not to notice), even so, she broke a promise she made knowing how important this promise was to Futoshi, even she admitted and her human thing talk doesn't soften anything, so, under no context what she did is justifiable (Nothing in reality justifies or make this behavior right). Her relationship with Mitsuru wouldn't bother or be a "problem" since it wasn't built on the disregard of Futoshi's feelings, as much as Kokoro didn't clearly respond to it, it wasn't right that she wasn't honest with him during or after the exchange of partners, and, she was always emotionally able to tell Futoshi how she really felt since she was "brave"(or "courageous") enough to make an important promise and break it in the same day(a time record), so, under no circumstances what she did is justifiable.

Explaining in another way: We know that they were never a couple, but, even though they haven't been a couple, Yes, this is betrayal (not a relationship betrayal, but, a trust betrayal), and, again, NOTHING justifies this betrayal, The argument that "Futoshi pressured Kokoro to make the promise but she didn't refuse to make it because she was sweet and didn't want to hurt Futoshi's feelings" isn't valid since she showed no sign of discomfort during or after the promise, and didn't consider his feelings when he broke it, if she was "strong" enough to break such an important promise, she could also be strong enough to refuse to make it. You Kokoro defenders have to understand that it is hypocritical for her to consider Mitsuru's feelings, and, while despising the feelings of Futoshi, it's not so hard to perceive.
RenjyamchaSep 6, 2019 9:47 AM
Sep 7, 2019 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
I'll go ahead and be late to the party too.

I believe that this development was necessary overall, but it only happened in this manner because the writing was so poor.
was important to the narrative they were trying to tell, and it was important that it was a human couple. This means the Hiro and 002 were out. Ichigo and Goro were kind of the pillars of the group, so they were out. Ikuno is...well...Ikuno, so she's out. Miku and Zorome were totally out as they were not mature enough to play that role.

You are now only left with 3 characters, one of which is female. It can be argued that Futoshi is also too immature to play the role, so they had to do something to get Kokoro and Mitsuru together. Unfortunately this is a story written by Trigger, so the universe where Futoshi matures into an amazing character is out the window.

Kokoro was an asshole for what she did, not because that is who she was, but because Trigger wrote themselves into a corner and needed to get Kokoro and Mitsuru together for the sake of the final 5 episodes. This is Trigger's MO. Viewers need to take the beer googles off and take a real critical look at Trigger's past works. Their style can be summarized into one phrase - "over the top". All of their series end as if the writers were all high and tripping balls. The story is always difficult to follow, and nothing is straight forward. This doesn't make the series "intelligent" or "complex". A good story is one that could be understood and enjoyed by all, and Trigger consistently fails to make the story easy to consume. This in turn makes their characters extremely weak since their character can change at the drop of dime to drive their strange plot forward.
Mar 11, 2020 4:09 PM
Mar 2020
Kokoro's behavior is one of the reason more and more guys become MGTOW.
She should be dumped at some point in the future the same way, so she understands.
Mar 29, 2020 3:18 AM
Oct 2019
man if that bitch cockroach had to get pregnant then why dump Futoshi...Was his d long enough to get pregnant... Melodrama
Apr 22, 2020 10:08 PM
Nov 2019
My chief gripe with Kokoro is they were all supposed to be friends, and she did Futoshi downright dirty. All she had to do AT ANY POINT was show even the slightest bit of compassion and sit Futoshi down AS A FRIEND. Instead, she bailed and then ignored the poor kid, who had been her partner and had looked out for her all that time. She was under no obligation whatsoever to reciprocate his feelings, but she could have at least leveled with Futoshi instead of suddenly just being like "peace, I'm out". That's what royally pissed me off the most.
Jun 20, 2020 5:12 PM
Mar 2013
captaingabi said:
Kokoro's behavior is one of the reason more and more guys become MGTOW.
She should be dumped at some point in the future the same way, so she understands.
Yes hypergamy it is real and more people are noticing :) but at least you know so you can act in a way to avoid uneccesary damage.
Jun 20, 2020 5:15 PM
Mar 2013
ElemWiz said:
My chief gripe with Kokoro is they were all supposed to be friends, and she did Futoshi downright dirty. All she had to do AT ANY POINT was show even the slightest bit of compassion and sit Futoshi down AS A FRIEND. Instead, she bailed and then ignored the poor kid, who had been her partner and had looked out for her all that time. She was under no obligation whatsoever to reciprocate his feelings, but she could have at least leveled with Futoshi instead of suddenly just being like "peace, I'm out". That's what royally pissed me off the most.
Understanble but in the end they are kids so they make mistakes. This can also be seen as a lesson never be a "futoshi"
Nov 7, 2020 4:12 PM

Jun 2020
Username23489023 said:
Yeah it does suck that they made the best girl commit to pairing then engage in adultery in the very same day. Ruined her, and now she’s just a meek whore instead of a moral character. Probably has to do with the 3rd wave feminazism that has been spreading.

To him being gay, most likely. Koko just plays on his fantasy with 16 to get him to pilot. It’s innuendo to sex not sexual attraction or preference. Gay dudes can still fuck women. They are equipped, like all men, to do it. That’s why he was paired with lesbo, they are both homosexuals. Probably still the most compatible mentally with her, just that koko knows how to talk dirty to him.

just found the dumbest thing ever written lol "adultery" , "meek whore"
I can understand being fustrated if a character you like gets rejected/betrayed, and you have every right to dislike Kokoro, but how did she engage in adultery? She just switched partners, but first of all she wasn't married to Futoshi nor did she have sex with Mitsuru (or not right away lol). Also what does this have to do with feminisim? lol so many questions
Nov 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Jul 2014
You guys are acting like you've never made a mistake (specifically: break a promise) before...

One mistake by Kokoro doesn't make her a bad person. She's human. Humans have flaws. Humans make mistakes. Humans hurt others. Humans are selfish. Humans are imperfect. Humans follow their emotions, just as you guys did to bash her.
It could've been handled better, yes, I agree. But..those kids don't know things we do...

If you forgot, she apologized right after she broke her promise. She's even guilty for it and admit it to Futoshi (Drama CD vol.3) and he moved on, he didn't dwell on it and I hope you guys too.

Also, she didn't "cucked" him. They were never in a romantic relationship, and she promised to be his FRANXX partner, not his lover (though maybe at that time he meant that, but she didn't think of his promise the same way. Their feelings aren't mutual).

I hope now that everything is cooled down you can see Kokoro from a different perspective, and look at her as a character beyond "breaking a promise".

In my opinion, the most hated characters in this show (e.g. Kokoro, and Ichigo) are the most human. They are hated because they made a mistake, selfish and following their feelings and those are the things humans do.
Dec 7, 2020 3:20 PM

Feb 2015
nazunaa said:
You guys are acting like you've never made a mistake (specifically: break a promise) before...

One mistake by Kokoro doesn't make her a bad person. She's human. Humans have flaws. Humans make mistakes. Humans hurt others. Humans are selfish. Humans are imperfect. Humans follow their emotions, just as you guys did to bash her.
It could've been handled better, yes, I agree. But..those kids don't know things we do...

If you forgot, she apologized right after she broke her promise. She's even guilty for it and admit it to Futoshi (Drama CD vol.3) and he moved on, he didn't dwell on it and I hope you guys too.

Also, she didn't "cucked" him. They were never in a romantic relationship, and she promised to be his FRANXX partner, not his lover (though maybe at that time he meant that, but she didn't think of his promise the same way. Their feelings aren't mutual).

I hope now that everything is cooled down you can see Kokoro from a different perspective, and look at her as a character beyond "breaking a promise".

In my opinion, the most hated characters in this show (e.g. Kokoro, and Ichigo) are the most human. They are hated because they made a mistake, selfish and following their feelings and those are the things humans do.

You pretty much nailed explaining the entire situation :)
But don't get your hopes up, most people who had this extreme hate-reaction to what happened are your typical dudes who self insert into the next best male character (in this case Futoshi) and take stuff like Kokoro switching partners personal. It's pretty obvious once you see the replies here: "Just like real women!11 They just don't want the nice guy, even tho I was only nice because I wanted to get romantically/sexually involved with her! >:(" (Futoshi wasn't like that btw, he was genuinely nice).
It's sadly common for some anime fans to have a temper tantrum when female characters, who never had romantic feelings, don't get with a male character who's interested in them (best example would be Naruto x Sakura or even Tai x Sora in Digimon).
StormxNightmareDec 7, 2020 3:24 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Dec 7, 2020 5:55 PM

Jul 2014
StormxNightmare said:
nazunaa said:

You pretty much nailed explaining the entire situation :)
But don't get your hopes up, most people who had this extreme hate-reaction to what happened are your typical dudes who self insert into the next best male character (in this case Futoshi) and take stuff like Kokoro switching partners personal. It's pretty obvious once you see the replies here: "Just like real women!11 They just don't want the nice guy, even tho I was only nice because I wanted to get romantically/sexually involved with her! >:(" (Futoshi wasn't like that btw, he was genuinely nice).
It's sadly common for some anime fans to have a temper tantrum when female characters, who never had romantic feelings, don't get with a male character who's interested in them (best example would be Naruto x Sakura or even Tai x Sora in Digimon).

Thank you, and yes I think the people who hate on her projected into Futoshi too much , they're also putting her on a pedestal as a 'kind girl who can do no wrong' and when she did, their 'nice guy syndrome' is showing and the reactions are ugly.

(But if they want to throw a tantrum about broken promise, why not relate with Mitsuru? Why Futoshi? Makes me wonder.)

I know, I find the hate on Sakura ridiculous too. Y'know, there are many cases like this when "the girl has to get with the nice™ boy who's crushing on her. If she choose the "eDgY aSsHoLe" she's a bi t ch/th ot/ wh o re", like, wow the entitlement is real here.
Jan 23, 2021 8:34 PM
Jan 2015
nazunaa said:

(But if they want to throw a tantrum about broken promise, why not relate with Mitsuru? Why Futoshi? Makes me wonder.)

For full transparency, I want to quickly state a few things:
1. I am a nearly 20yo male.
2. Yes, I really enjoyed Futoshi's moments throughout the show and was always rooting for him because I don't often see chubby (somewhat like myself) characters in anime that actually get decent screentime AND have an important role in the center of the action (as opposed to being the I.T. brainiac).
3. Though I hated Kokoro for a good portion of the series for switching partners, I actually ended up liking her role in the story and

I'm certain that I can't speak for everyone who hated Kokoro and I know that there were probably plenty of toxic individuals who - as StormxNightmare rightfully pointed out - projected onto Futoshi way too hard. As such, I speak for myself and no one else, though others might also have the same reasoning.

When Kokoro made the choice to switch partners, it was rather sudden to me (except that I saw it coming from a mile away because of foreshadowing and from having watched enough anime to know where most stories will go, but let's forget about that). From Futoshi's perspective, the girl he (at least) liked in one way or another and whom he had just made an important promise with, betrayed him without any prompting. Yeah, a promise is just a promise and such things get broken, but she could have done so in a more considerate way.

Kokoro's decision to leave Futoshi as a FranXX partner really wasn't the cause of my hatred towards her. The issue was really just how she chose to do it. It seemed like she had barely taken his emotions into consideration. Though I might have missed it, it never even seemed that she tried to make proper reparations with him as a friend aside from something like an "oops! err... Sorry! I don't think anyone is in the bathroom right now if you want to go cry".

You also ask 'why not relate to Mitsuru's promise with Hiro?'. Well, that is completely different. The viewer is guided through the show primarily by the main character and since we are not dealing with an unreliable narrator issue, they are expected to trust that when the narrator (A.K.A. Hiro) says or implies that he has no memories of a promise, that he genuinely doesn't.

A promise forgotten - in Hiro's case - is not equivalent to a promise broken outright. That's why I was unable to relate to the Mitsuru/Hiro promise.

But anyway, admittedly, the whole Kokoro issue is probably best this way. I think it would be rather odd for not-even-really-pubescent children to be thinking about other's feelings and making completely rational decisions. That's just my take, though.

PEACE!
Jan 23, 2021 10:19 PM

Jul 2014

Thank you for your insight! I know and I agree, how she handled the broken promise isn't the best, and there are better ways to resolve it. Then again, she is but a 14-15 year old girl, who makes mistakes. To bash her and calling her names is kinda too much in my opinion. Especially since she is not a bad person at heart. I'm glad you didn't dwell on your hate, because really, she is more than a "promise-breaker".
Feb 3, 2021 9:57 AM
Jan 2015
Most people forget to realise that they are just kid, and they dont even understand LOVE.
You can see most of the anime focus on them trying to understand their feelings.

The fact Futoshi was always on top of Korone all the time, it just overwhelmed, you dont go to your crush and say that, it is just wrong.
Plus what she said was because she didnt want to hurt him and didnt have the courage to do different, that is why she took action afterwards.

And the fact she has SEX with Mitsuru doesnt make her a bitch, why? BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS.

The logic behind would be they found the baby book in the old city and said "wanna try it together" dot, nothing else. gosh people complicate stuff.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.