Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2018 9:13 AM

May 2015
They do ruin the element of surprise, but I'm not sure how important it is now.

A lot of great thrillers like Se7en are still amazing now even though I know all the answers, and surprising the audience IS a big deal in thrillers. A good story is one we can re-experience a few times, one that we'll keep in our heads. Surprise is a momentary feeling.

So spoilers ruin a bit of fun, but if a show is ruined because of spoilers then it means it had nothing but the element of surprise.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 10, 2018 9:15 PM

Nov 2016
I always spoil myself because I'm too curious, anxious, sometimes spoilers give me the motivation to keep watching the show (or reasons to stop watching it)
Feb 10, 2018 9:19 PM

Feb 2010
Nope never has i don't think it ever will.

i especially laugh at the its ruined now i can't watch it people. because i highly doubt they never re-watch a show in their entire life.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 10, 2018 9:26 PM

May 2015
Yes, it does... stories that had been "spoiled" to me are less moving, less thought provoking, and less successful at drawing me (the reader/viewer) into a narrative world thus ruining my immersive experience. In fact, the effects of story spoilers for me are consistently negative… that is why I do not like to do what I do not like to be done to me and always avoid telling a spoiler when ask questions about the media or if I was requested by the one asking the question I message her/him or if the social network doesn’t have a message system I use the spoiler tools provided by the site.
Feb 10, 2018 9:32 PM
Aug 2013
I really hate spoilers, and i try as best as i can to avoid spoilers cuz when i know the spoiler, then the story won't be good anymor (for me)

Like i was trying to follow Tokyo Ghoul and Shingeki no Kyojin Manga, and then some of my friends spoiler the stories, A LOT. And then i stopped reading

well, for me story is the main reason i watch Anime or read the manga, when i already know the story even it's not a lot, especially from spoilers, it won't be as good as i expected, that's it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 4 hours ago

21 by mentalmondai »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

13 by Maou_heika »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 6 hours ago

28 by Shirayukin »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

8 by Vendicator »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

236 by StyxParadise »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.