Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Feb 1, 2018 5:49 PM
What is with this lack of popularity? I know Conan is not particularly popular in western communities, but 57k is just too little for a decent series released in 2014! I can't see anything in this anime that would drive people away, the art is quite decent, OP is outstanding, and the plot is predictable but nonetheless entertaining. So why?

Sep 24, 2018 5:12 PM

XXXXXXXXXIII said:
What is with this lack of popularity? I know Conan is not particularly popular in western communities, but 57k is just too little for a decent series released in 2014! I can't see anything in this anime that would drive people away, the art is quite decent, OP is outstanding, and the plot is predictable but nonetheless entertaining. So why?

IKR? I necessarily don't think it's that it's driving people away, but the fact that Conan is so much more popular, so MK1412 remains a lot more hidden. I also wouldn't say that it's predictable, as every episode has something new and entertaining. Everyone always thinks that it's a spin off/side story of Detective Conan, when the MK manga actually came first. I love everything both MK and DC, but MK is just an anime that's underrated, which it shouldn't be. MK1412 is absolutely amazing!
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Feb 21, 8:17 PM

Yes, Magic Kaito is one of those hidden gems. As a spin-off of a larger franchise, I imagine that scares people off. I for one haven't actually watched Detective Canon, mostly due to its length, but I adore Magic Kaito 1412.
Signature is too edgy for me.