Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 5, 7:33 AM
Do I need to see all of season 1 and 2 to enjoy this movie?

Jan 5, 10:18 AM

You won't understand alot of it and you'll be confused as to how most of the characters are connected. It uses nostalgia sometimes to so you wouldn't get that either. The movie relies on the viewer having watched the series. Id suggest watching the series first. It'll help you understand alot more.
Modified by CreativeNam3, Jan 5, 10:23 AM
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening.
Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

Jan 5, 10:20 AM

Why would you even watch it in the first place if you did not seen previous seasons ?

Jan 5, 11:01 AM
Swagernator said:
Why would you even watch it in the first place if you did not seen previous seasons ?

I’m just wondering that all
CreativeNam3 said:
You won't understand alot of it and you'll be confused as to how most of the characters are connected. It uses nostalgia sometimes to so you wouldn't get that either. The movie relies on the viewer having watched the series. Id suggest watching the series first. It'll help you understand alot more.
ok thank you I guess I’ll have to watch the 2 seasons right away

Jan 5, 11:30 AM

The real questions is:
Can you watch it without Season 2?
"The blood makes us human, makes us more than human, makes us human no more." -Master Willem from Bloodborne.

Jan 10, 11:49 AM
My sister came with me to see the movie, and though she enjoyed the movie, she didn't really get a good deal of the backstory as she hasn't watched the show or read the light novels. I highly suggest that you watch the show before you watch the movie. It will make it a lot more enjoyable

Jan 10, 11:51 AM
performer_sama said:
My sister came with me to see the movie, and though she enjoyed the movie, she didn't really get a good deal of the backstory as she hasn't watched the show or read the light novels. I highly suggest that you watch the show before you watch the movie. It will make it a lot more enjoyable
Ok thank you, late post but I’ll watch it ASAP as soon as I’m done with season 2

Feb 9, 7:42 AM
Will just saw the first five episodes of Sao season 1. If you are well informed about latest gaming technology in real life, you don't need to see them in order to watch the movie, just remember that you will feel a lot of moe

Feb 18, 12:18 PM
ExTemplar said:
The real questions is:

Sinon does appear in the movie, but the events of SAO 2 are never mentioned (as far as i remember) so i would say yes. But if you haven't watched that, you might wonder who she is.
Modified by Yoshithehero, Feb 18, 12:55 PM

Apr 2, 11:07 PM

ExTemplar said:
The real questions is:

the real real question is:
can we skip everything apart from the first half of the first season?

that would be great