Forum Settings
Forums

Sword Art Online's New and (Probably) Last Arc «Unital Ring» Announced [Spoilers]

Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 9, 2017 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
It's been announced on Dengeki Bunko Magazine 59 that SAO new arc is going to be titled "Unital Ring" (ユナイタル・リング).

https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/939375977926455296
https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/939452068695363584

The prologue of said arc was also released and it reveals Kazuto/Kirito's real parent's names

Personally speaking, I think that it was something really unnecessary, but since it means more SAO I won't complain about it. From what I've heard this arc is going to focus more on irl stuff rather than virtual stuff (no confirmation about it though). I really doubt that it'll top the Progressive, Mother's Rosario or Alicization arcs but Kawahara-sensei writting skill have improved a lot since the first volume so only time will tell. And also since it is probably going to be the last arc, I really hope it ends with Kazuto marrying Asuna irl, that's all I care about :3. Thoughts on it?

P.S. I apologize for any grammatical mistake, English is not my native language.
Dec 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
I hope the anime gets more seasons! :)
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Dec 10, 2017 4:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Can't wait to hear more about it and how it turns out.
Dec 12, 2017 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Pandoyo said:
Wait, whatever happened to Alice and the underworld? I haven't been able to read the volumes after 18.

Well, nothing past vol 18 has been translated yet (actually not even vol 18 has been fully translated yet) but if you want some spoilers about what happened

And no one knows how much focus she will have on the next/arc, tough,
Feb 5, 2018 11:42 AM
Oct 2016
Prince said:
I hope the anime gets more seasons! :)

A-1 Picture intent to adapt whole SAO soo you don´t need to hope, you just need to wait :D
May 6, 2018 3:08 AM

Jun 2016
Nick-Knight said:
It's been announced on Dengeki Bunko Magazine 59 that SAO new arc is going to be titled "Unital Ring" (ユナイタル・リング).

The prologue of said arc was also released and it reveals Kazuto/Kirito's real parent's names

Personally speaking, I think that it was something really unnecessary, but since it means more SAO I won't complain about it. From what I've heard this arc is going to focus more on irl stuff rather than virtual stuff (no confirmation about it though). I really doubt that it'll top the Progressive, Mother's Rosario or Alicization arcs but Kawahara-sensei writting skill have improved a lot since the first volume so only time will tell. And also since it is probably going to be the last arc, I really hope it ends with Kazuto marrying Asuna irl, that's all I care about :3. Thoughts on it?

P.S. I apologize for any grammatical mistake, English is not my native language.

Why do you think that it will be the last arc? I don't hope so :/
May 7, 2018 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
TeeRider said:
Nick-Knight said:

It was announced by the author himself, or maybe I might be wrong, like I said the more SAO the merrier. But the title of the arc Unital Ring gave me the hint I needed, you may have noticed but unital ring may or may not be a reference to a marriage ring, and something tells me that I may be 100% right, I just feel it in my bones.
May 7, 2018 12:13 PM

Jun 2016
Nick-Knight said:
TeeRider said:

It was announced by the author himself, or maybe I might be wrong, like I said the more SAO the merrier. But the title of the arc Unital Ring gave me the hint I needed, you may have noticed but unital ring may or may not be a reference to a marriage ring, and something tells me that I may be 100% right, I just feel it in my bones.

Well unital ring is something mathematical like ordinal scale uses to be
May 26, 2018 11:05 AM
Jun 2016
TeeRider said:
Nick-Knight said:

Well unital ring is something mathematical like ordinal scale uses to be

The author said after Alicization arc finished "I will write ONE MORE arc" yes one more so that makes many people believe it will be the last arc

Unital ring is mathematical, but Kirito and Asuna will marry in the end of SAO story, I think that's why he found something for use "ring" as a name of arc
Sep 6, 2018 2:15 PM

Apr 2018
A1 picture gonna probably adapt this arc too and gonna probably addapt the remake of the arcs of season 1 too (sao progressive)
Not complaining tho
Sep 10, 2018 3:55 PM
Jan 2018
Can not wait SAO Unitial Ring. In the previous volume is good especially volume 18-20 and now thera are a new novel, I am very glad.

Ohh if you want to read SAO volume 18-20 I have a site there is:

Vol 18 : https://github.com/AgentMC/Sao18/blob/master/README.md
Vol 19 : https://github.com/AgentMC/Sao19/blob/master/README.md
Vol 20 : https://github.com/AgentMC/Sao20/blob/master/README.md
KuroGami_YoujiSep 10, 2018 4:00 PM
Feb 27, 2019 7:45 PM

Apr 2015
In before the Unital Ring arc lasts more than 8 volumes like Alicization :3
Jan 27, 2020 9:37 PM

Jun 2016
Can smb say please where have Kawahara said that he will right one last arc and end the series? I just want to see or hear it myself
Feb 5, 2020 9:00 AM
Oct 2016
he said it in interviews,JP conventions etc.
Sep 4, 2020 1:51 PM
Jun 2020
Nick-Knight said:
TeeRider said:

I don’t think this will be the last arc SAO always does really well in terms of sales and also the creator said that “pre war of underworld” alicization Was the last arc but then he continued the arc and then said that it was the last one. Now he said that this will be ONE of the last arcs and given his past reputation I would be surprised if we get 2-3 more after this one.
Sep 8, 2020 12:55 AM

Nov 2019
I'm hyped for this arc. I just finished Moon Cradle which was kinda boring. But now I'm interested what happened in the underworld or even what will happen next.

Tshoyo said:
Nick-Knight said:

I don’t think this will be the last arc SAO always does really well in terms of sales and also the creator said that “pre war of underworld” alicization Was the last arc but then he continued the arc and then said that it was the last one. Now he said that this will be ONE of the last arcs and given his past reputation I would be surprised if we get 2-3 more after this one.

I think it'll be good if the author ends SAO with this arc. The setting of this arc is absolutely perfect for bidding good bye to a series.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Sep 8, 2020 1:17 PM
Jun 2020
biswa290701 said:
I'm hyped for this arc. I just finished Moon Cradle which was kinda boring. But now I'm interested what happened in the underworld or even what will happen next.

Tshoyo said:

I think it'll be good if the author ends SAO with this arc. The setting of this arc is absolutely perfect for bidding good bye to a series.
Right now it seems like a good idea however I believe this Arc will throw some major twists in the mix and will most likely end on a cliffhanger. Aswell as this author is known for messing up perfect scenarios and endings, if he were smart he would of ended it with them getting out of SAO and then give a time skip of kirito and asuna getting married IRL.
Sep 8, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2019
Honestly, I'd rather the progressive arc than the next arc, I just miss the aincard vibes.(I want to see Argo)
Sep 19, 2020 11:40 AM
Aug 2013
axelsx said:
Honestly, I'd rather the progressive arc than the next arc, I just miss the aincard vibes.(I want to see Argo)

Seems like we're getting both as of today.
Sep 24, 2020 2:05 AM

Oct 2017
Still waiting for the english translation to come out. January come faster damn it.

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.