Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2017 8:45 PM
Apr 2015
I'm trying to get into manga more as I've mostly just watched anime. Any good suggestions?

Dec 1, 2017 9:47 PM

Jul 2008
My favorite manga w/o an adaptation is Yotsuba&! - slice of life/comedy about a weird little girl and her adoptive dad.

Other options:
Wish (by CLAMP) - has an adaptation but it's a 5 min. music video. Shoujo fantasy/romance
Sand Land (by Akira Toriyama) - shounen action/adventure
Music of Marie - fantasy/romance with a mysterious feeling
Dec 2, 2017 1:23 AM

Sep 2016
If you feel like bawling your eyes out then Watashtachi no Shiawase na Jikan.

A really good one that i read recently is 20th Century boys. Its written by Naoki Urasawa, the same guy who wrote Monster. Give it a few chapters and you will like it.

I haven't read this Oyasumi Punpun but i have heard that it is good too.

Kaguya sama wa kokurasetai is a funny and intelligent manga.

Last Game if you like romance and comedy.

Annarasumanara. Its not exactly a manga but it is worth a read

1/2 Prince. Typical Shounen type manga and really funny at times

Goth. The MC is a bit like Light Yagami. Overall it gives off a very Death Note type atmosphere

Kakukaku Shikajika. relation between student and teacher.

The stories of those around me. This a manhwa and its about people overcoming their difficulties and moving ahead in life.
BluePinkDec 2, 2017 1:30 AM
Dec 2, 2017 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Vinland Saga is quite good, it takes place in the era of vikings so it's somewhat historical. If you enjoy history and action then I would recommend it. It is also a seinen so it does contain some mature/dark elements and themes, if you like that type of stuff as well then it's a plus https://myanimelist.net/manga/642/Vinland_Saga?q=vinlan

Try Berserk as well if you can relate well with Vinland Saga... much more intricate storyline with some whimsical/occultic elements thrown in there, one of my best reads thus far
BararaqSaiqaDec 2, 2017 1:46 AM
Dec 2, 2017 1:43 AM

Jul 2012
Mai Chan's Daily Life
Dec 2, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
Oyasumi Punpun is not good for me personally, but it's definitely recommended if you're looking for psycho-sociology of insecurity complex which leads to failure in life, the author also doesn't hold back on his perception, it depends to you if you'll hate it or not, I hated it.

+1 for Vinland Saga, it has a lot of elements which is beyond to human understanding which is beyond on redemption, it's like Hacksaw Ridge in the later chapters.

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai - this one is filled with deep symbolism while the story itself was light and easy to enjoy, so it's a manga for newbies and veterans, the Core of it was Creative Romance.

Helck - This one truly stands out if you're looking for Fantasy Comedy, it's like One Punch Man, a truly enjoyable Story.

Grand Blue - one of the mangas you can find when it comes to Comedy and Slice of Life

The Breaker - it's not a manga, it's a manwha, the korean version of manga, it's definitely must read if you're looking to expand your horizon, this one has epic art as well as great characters

Song of the Long March - it's not a manga or a manwha, it's a mahua, the chinese version of manga, This one is truly one of the best story, the art was too artistic and the characters are well written

You can just take a look on My Manga List if you want to look for more mangas.
Dec 2, 2017 5:44 AM

Feb 2017
Wanko ni Kuchizuke
Undercurrent
Transfer Student Storm Bringer
Spirit Circle
sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga
Shishunki no Iron Maiden

checkout my list for more, its filled with good short mangas with no adapts.

Dec 2, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2017
To get into manga i'd recommend;
Tomodachi Game; Unique genre, you will find very few of this theme, it's far from finished tho;
God Of Highschool; Something that many anime die hards thrive to find;
Tensei Shitara Slime Data Ken; Take my word for it, if you take the bus or want to read something marvelous with your limited 3/4G, read the Web Novel, which is basically a book, so no image and very very long story. It'll hook you on Web Novels too;

Dec 3, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
If you feel like having short touchy anime: Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Tokyo Crazy Paradise

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

5 by MeguSae38 »»
13 minutes ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 9 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
5 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.