Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 13, 2017 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
Since I am Chinese, I tried to like this show. The story was good enough for me to watch till episode 6, but that action and animation is so horrid. The comedy is the worst. I don't think I have ever laughed when watching a Chinese animation.

Story - 5
Action -2
Animation - 1
Characters - 5
Comedy - 0

How does this show garner a 7.72 average rating?
I am just very curious
Oct 15, 2017 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
everything is good except voice acting...i cant handle listening to their voices i need english dub...
I never liked chinese voice acting i always liked japanese more
Nov 2, 2017 5:32 PM
Sep 2016
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't very good. I am just a sucker for magic-themed anime, if I wasn't I would probably hate the show. To be quite honest, I am not sure why it has that high a rating either, and the reviews look pretty good too.

Very strange considering how low quality it is.
Nov 2, 2017 5:34 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
You don't have to like a show made by your country.
Nov 3, 2017 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
StrangerMist said:
You don't have to like a show made by your country.

What I was trying to express is that I am not bias against this anime. It is plain crap
Nov 4, 2017 4:57 PM
Oct 2017
lol whats very unfortunate is, all this animes like quanzhi fashi and cupid chocolate storyline, characters, animation, but its the voice acting that i dont like
Nov 4, 2017 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
everything was shit
Feb 18, 2018 4:29 AM
Nov 2017
but i really think the storyline is so perfect. its just about the voice :(
Feb 27, 2018 7:17 PM
May 2011
eh this seemed interesting, but my god i've never wished for an english dub so much before, the korean dubs are just terrible.
Oct 20, 2018 2:08 PM
Aug 2007
It isn't really good. I'm only watching this because it had an OP protagonist in it and magic.

If you wanted to watch actually good Chinese anime, then there's Quan Zhi Gao Shou (aka The King's Avatar), which is an esports anime. There's also Modao Zushi (aka Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation), an epic wuxia (i.e. xianxia) fantasy with a plot that (for the 1st season at least) rides pretty close to Game of Thrones-like depths (but it does need to find its footing the first episodes, though, due to the weird/confusing construction of the giant flashback).
SonnyGotenDec 22, 2018 9:26 AM
Dec 21, 2018 9:02 PM

Jun 2017
I watched it just cuz I read the webnovel of it. I'll be honest, this adaptation isnt that great but it was still a decent time killer.

But please don't downplay the story. I mean, I can understand since most people may have only watched this anime without ever hearing of the web novel but its an intriguing story. Mixing dark and comedic elements together is something this author does very well. Try it out sometime!
Feb 10, 2019 11:00 AM

May 2012
It is garbage. China does not know how to make good anime

Story 5 ?! I would say like 2 or max

Characters are also trash
Mar 31, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2017
Get over it Chinese anime is going to become even more popular. This also means that Chinese anime will get dubbed in more languages than Chinese, it will start with Japanese. Please look at Hitori no shita it did get a japaneese dub. Also its producers are haloliners, tencent animation both of them are big names in Chinese animation. Btw please don't be a hypocrite because you believe any form of anime should only be in japaneese the world does not work that way anymore its changing, different countries are starting to make their own form of anime. This will help lead to anime becoming more mainstream.please don't discriminate a show because of petty reasons. Btw I welcome Chinese animation at least they give more than 2 seasons.
Apr 3, 2019 10:14 PM

Jan 2019
Bored_as_a_Tree said:
Get over it Chinese anime is going to become even more popular. This also means that Chinese anime will get dubbed in more languages than Chinese, it will start with Japanese. Please look at Hitori no shita it did get a japaneese dub. Also its producers are haloliners, tencent animation both of them are big names in Chinese animation. Btw please don't be a hypocrite because you believe any form of anime should only be in japaneese the world does not work that way anymore its changing, different countries are starting to make their own form of anime. This will help lead to anime becoming more mainstream.please don't discriminate a show because of petty reasons. Btw I welcome Chinese animation at least they give more than 2 seasons.

But op actually said that characters, animation, comedy and action were pretty bad, so I don't think it were "petty reasons".
Apr 4, 2019 5:25 PM
Apr 2017
RottenOrange said:
Bored_as_a_Tree said:

But op actually said that characters, animation, comedy and action were pretty bad, so I don't think it were "petty reasons".

The first season of the show focuses a lot more on Mo Fan who gets transferred to a elemental academy wear he gets laughed at for only having one weak element but he actually has two. He has to train secretly to get this hidden element that no one else know about stronger this leads him to joining an elite monster extermination group. He was also separated from his childhood friend that he deeply admired Mu Ning Xue because of talent and status. This helps motivate him. I would say Yue Tang is a badass teacher that has good intuition. Quanzhi Fashi actually has capable females.

Animation didn't seem much different than your typical Japanese anime. FYI Chinese animation actually has many different forms of art style, Quanzhi Fashi fits in to the modern style. You won't get Bones level of animation but it still a thrilling show where people fear for their life.

Comedy as i just mentioned it is not a happy sunshine show. How would you incorporate comedy when your about to get eaten. Btw the show isn't labeled a comedy.

I thought the action was cool, nerve racking, I loved the way Mo Fan had an audacious way to train instead of relying on somebody else. When he finally revealed his secret element to everyone it was so full filling knowing what he went through to get better. I also also thought it nice finding a show that wasn't very well known and enjoy it. It always gives me even more satisfaction, when a show leaves me exuberant after watching it.
Apr 7, 2019 2:53 PM

Jun 2014
Bored_as_a_Tree said:
RottenOrange said:

The first season of the show focuses a lot more on Mo Fan who gets transferred to a elemental academy wear he gets laughed at for only having one weak element but he actually has two. He has to train secretly to get this hidden element that no one else know about stronger this leads him to joining an elite monster extermination group. He was also separated from his childhood friend that he deeply admired Mu Ning Xue because of talent and status. This helps motivate him. I would say Yue Tang is a badass teacher that has good intuition. Quanzhi Fashi actually has capable females.

Animation didn't seem much different than your typical Japanese anime. FYI Chinese animation actually has many different forms of art style, Quanzhi Fashi fits in to the modern style. You won't get Bones level of animation but it still a thrilling show where people fear for their life.

Comedy as i just mentioned it is not a happy sunshine show. How would you incorporate comedy when your about to get eaten. Btw the show isn't labeled a comedy.

I thought the action was cool, nerve racking, I loved the way Mo Fan had an audacious way to train instead of relying on somebody else. When he finally revealed his secret element to everyone it was so full filling knowing what he went through to get better. I also also thought it nice finding a show that wasn't very well known and enjoy it. It always gives me even more satisfaction, when a show leaves me exuberant after watching it.

Even if it is not labeled comedy, the show did attempt humor at least a couple times. Example: the fat kid falls down. Every attempt was not even close to funny
Apr 7, 2019 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
Bored_as_a_Tree said:

I am Chinese... how do I discriminate?
I was praying for this show to succeed and I was looking for any little thing to give this show some credit.... but nothing IMO.
Apr 7, 2019 11:40 PM
Aug 2007
GrimorumInvoke said:
I am Chinese... how do I discriminate?
I was praying for this show to succeed and I was looking for any little thing to give this show some credit.... but nothing IMO.

I don't think that was directed at you, but @thepath instead?
May 11, 2019 7:33 AM
May 2019
the series is great but the animation is dog shit
Jul 11, 2019 8:57 PM
Jan 2018
I liked most of the show, though the animation wasn’t so great. I really liked the person who did the fan sub for this show, Mizure, as they always had some funny references in every episode lol
Sep 5, 2019 7:58 PM
Jul 2015
i want to make a dub version anyone intrested
Dec 9, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2014
I even don't know myself why I liked this Chinese cartoon, I enjoyed it.
May 19, 2020 11:25 PM
Aug 2017
If you don't like to see the anime read the manga or novel series many people was liked it
Jul 28, 2020 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
Likewise, like you, I have not found the distinguishing factor(s) from the show. It's just a list of compiling negative points as I progressed through the episodes.

More topics from this board

» Any news on an eng dub for the anime? :)

Xboxgamer222 - Jul 8, 2021

6 by amlg »»
Mar 1, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 12 Discussion

Tyrel - Jun 18, 2017

24 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 10:04 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 9 Discussion

Hinata-chi - Aug 25, 2017

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 9:12 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 5 Discussion

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:59 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Fashi Episode 4 Discussion

2 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 27, 2022 6:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.