Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2017 6:18 PM
May 2010
Guys if you want to know the rest of the story (and think there won't be/don't want to wait for another season) the books are on amazon.jp and they're still coming out as of now!! Newest is book 16 published 25 July 2017 - Link below for anyone interested:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B074PT24TR/ref=series_rw_dp_sw
Sep 26, 2017 6:22 PM
May 2010
Oh and! The anime did the mysteries of the first 3 books with inserts from book 7 (Lauren's story) aaaan Ryouta's story tho idk which book exactly cause I'm not that far in haha.
Sep 4, 2019 4:07 PM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Willowspell said:
Guys if you want to know the rest of the story (and think there won't be/don't want to wait for another season) the books are on amazon.jp and they're still coming out as of now!! Newest is book 16 published 25 July 2017 - Link below for anyone interested:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B074PT24TR/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't even know about it. Thank u very much.
I'm wondering tho why there's no LN in MAL database.
Oct 5, 2021 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
I know I 'm late, but I still love this anime!!
Btw, is there no English licensed novel volumes?? T^T for non-jap fans, no season 2 and not even a novel....
Jan 16, 2022 6:01 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
ReimiChan said:
I know I 'm late, but I still love this anime!!
Btw, is there no English licensed novel volumes?? T^T for non-jap fans, no season 2 and not even a novel....

There is nothing for us lol. I constantly ask Seven Seas for it since they send out a survey every month for new licenses (follow them on social media if you're interested in participating)––but for now, we starve.

Jan 22, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2020
ertiis said:
There is nothing for us lol. I constantly ask Seven Seas for it since they send out a survey every month for new licenses (follow them on social media if you're interested in participating)––but for now, we starve.
Yup... it's all about the bottom line. And christian-themed stories are unfortunately not received well amongst western audiences, in 2022.

Funny that non-christian Japanese people have more appreciation and write good stories with this kind of theme instead of actual people who's ancestors used to practice this religion up until 60 years ago.
They could translate it, but few people would pay to read.
Jan 22, 2022 9:36 AM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
Alex796 said:
ertiis said:
Yup... it's all about the bottom line. And christian-themed stories are unfortunately not received well amongst western audiences, in 2022.

Funny that non-christian Japanese people have more appreciation and write good stories with this kind of theme instead of actual people who's ancestors used to practice this religion up until 60 years ago.
They could translate it, but few people would pay to read.

Thisss; coupled with the fact that the characters are bishounen, the demographic shrinks that much more. The interest in localizing couldn't be anymore smaller, sadly.

That's actually an interesting point. I think it might be because biases don't get in the way when a writer's not directly involved; it sure would be a lot less preachy, at least.

Jan 22, 2022 11:10 AM

Feb 2020
ertiis said:
Thisss; coupled with the fact that the characters are bishounen, the demographic shrinks that much more. The interest in localizing couldn't be anymore smaller, sadly.
Both priests' relationship actually looked really adequate, to me. I really got the feeling that they have just a pure brotherly love for each other. No sexuality whatsoever involved.

It is unsettling that without explicit homoerotic scenery stories like that just don't sell. It's a miracle (pun intended) that a Japanese studio has adapted it into anime in the first place, if you ask me.
ertiis said:
That's actually an interesting point. I think it might be because biases don't get in the way when a writer's not directly involved; it sure would be a lot less preachy, at least.
Good writers can overcome biases, if you ask me. The last really good christian-themed animated media that was produced in the west is Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dam. Overwhelming christian imagery, but not preachy at all. Just a marvelous portrayal of the timeframe.
Jan 22, 2022 6:43 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
Alex796 said:
Both priests' relationship actually looked really adequate, to me. I really got the feeling that they have just a pure brotherly love for each other. No sexuality whatsoever involved.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, that it would have had a much better chance if it was riddled with smut lol. It really is a miracle, and it was done with care (and money) considering the consistent quality of each episode and soundtrack.

Alex796 said:
Good writers can overcome biases, if you ask me. The last really good christian-themed animated media that was produced in the west is Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dam. Overwhelming christian imagery, but not preachy at all. Just a marvelous portrayal of the timeframe.

Oof, it's been YEARS since I've seen that one (I was a kiddo), so I can't even comment explicitly, but I agree on good writers just plain being good. Do you know if the writers behind it have Christian backgrounds?

Jan 23, 2022 2:09 PM

Feb 2020
ertiis said:
Oof, it's been YEARS since I've seen that one (I was a kiddo), so I can't even comment explicitly...
Millennial generation FTW :D
ertiis said:
Do you know if the writers behind it have Christian backgrounds?
I would guess that they're not - the people who worked at Disney, at the time. They did a hell of a job, nonetheless.

I'll write to you in private, so as not to hijack this thread on top of what we already did.
Feb 9, 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
So no translations of the LN? Not even fan-made?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

70 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 20, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

42 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

73 by little_raven »»
Feb 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

23 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 26, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Vatican Kiseki Chousakan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

33 by TheColonel76 »»
Dec 21, 2023 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.