Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 19, 2017 8:12 AM

Oct 2012
I noticed that I only have these dates on very few titles so I wonder if it's bugged or something I do wrong
Sep 19, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2017
I think you have to set them manually.
Sep 19, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
eLichien said:
Never done it manually, so I think there's a way where it does it automatically

edit: oh, I found out that when you edit anime information you can just click on History next to Episodes Watched and get the dates of every time you added episodes. well, only took me 5 years to figure this out
weissSep 19, 2017 10:31 AM
Sep 19, 2017 12:22 PM

Oct 2014
jayss said:
eLichien said:

edit: oh, I found out that when you edit anime information you can just click on History next to Episodes Watched and get the dates of every time you added episodes. well, only took me 5 years to figure this out
Also, it does work automatically but in some cases only. For example, if you've got a certain anime in your ptw and you click on the plus (+) button on your list which prompts you to move it to the watching list then the starting date gets automatically added.
Similarly, if you keep adding each episode manually the history gets recorded and when you finish it and mark it as done watching then the end date gets added.

As far as I remember these are the only two ways the dates get recorded (not sure) but anyway, I hope you get the gist of it. So some titles that you added manually in other ways don't have the dates recorded.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Sep 19, 2017 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
Iizbakaokay said:
jayss said:

Also, it does work automatically but in some cases only. For example, if you've got a certain anime in your ptw and you click on the plus (+) button on your list which prompts you to move it to the watching list then the starting date gets automatically added.
Similarly, if you keep adding each episode manually the history gets recorded and when you finish it and mark it as done watching then the end date gets added.

As far as I remember these are the only two ways the dates get recorded (not sure) but anyway, I hope you get the gist of it. So some titles that you added manually in other ways don't have the dates recorded.
yeah, that makes sense.
Sep 20, 2017 5:14 AM

Apr 2010
Iizbakaokay said:
For example, if you've got a certain anime in your ptw and you click on the plus (+) button on your list which prompts you to move it to the watching list then the starting date gets automatically added.

This one used to work, but since some time ago it doesn't set the starting date anymore. Apparently something broke. (Unless they've fixed it in the last few weeks, as I haven't checked recently.)
(Incrementing the final episode of an anime does work for setting the finish date, though.)
Sep 20, 2017 5:20 AM

Oct 2014
Jhiday said:
Iizbakaokay said:
For example, if you've got a certain anime in your ptw and you click on the plus (+) button on your list which prompts you to move it to the watching list then the starting date gets automatically added.

This one used to work, but since some time ago it doesn't set the starting date anymore. Apparently something broke. (Unless they've fixed it in the last few weeks, as I haven't checked recently.)
(Incrementing the final episode of an anime does work for setting the finish date, though.)
I always set them manually anyway. Thanks for the clarification :D
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3379 by miszastp »»
30 minutes ago

» A list of users who favorited a character

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

0 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago

» Show international names in series discussion section

LoveYourEyes - 8 hours ago

0 by LoveYourEyes »»
8 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

129 by Alexioos95 »»
9 hours ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Apr 25

12 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.