Forum Settings
Forums

Have insane writer's block and need someone to bounce ideas off of

New
Aug 29, 2017 6:44 AM

Feb 2016
Remember when I was advertising a Harem series I was writing on the forum...well I would say that I reworked it, but I am insanely stressed about how messy the direction has gotten into due to the point where while most of the outline's in my head I haven't even so much has written as much as a proper outline. The closest I've gotten is a prologue I wrote as part of what's called a "Senior Exit Project" at my school that I made for my demonstration by reading it out loud.

However, I am getting close. It's still about otaku culture, but it's more of a Magical Girlfriend series with Supporting Harem elements. And before you ask, yes there's influence from The World God Only Knows and Date A Live, but it's mainly just the basic premise.

The biggest problem is I don't know what I want the series to be anymore; is it a comedy, an edgy deconstruction, magic, mundane, etc.?

I got so emotionally drunk in fact that I told my YOUNGER sister about it despite telling her multiple times that she doesn't care (at least she offered to draw some concept art, so that's nice though).

So any help I can get here?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 15, 2017 5:09 AM

Feb 2016
Hi, I'm new.

I've been writing for about three years, creatively, and you defiantly don't have writer's block. Going off of your criteria, it's your method of organization that's the problem.

How do you organize your writing? Do you use style sheets, do you plot script, do you follow the basic steps of pre-writing? Do you use templates to place all your ideas in?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» My Poems :Eureka Renton here

eureka_renton - Aug 8, 2009

43 by eureka_renton »»
Aug 31, 2013 7:50 AM

» Mine

Princess_Spoon - Apr 19, 2012

0 by Princess_Spoon »»
Apr 19, 2012 9:00 PM

» My Poem: The City

z4chr13 - Aug 12, 2011

0 by z4chr13 »»
Aug 12, 2011 7:16 AM

Sticky: » Member Cards ( 1 2 3 )

XzaR - Sep 22, 2009

106 by hikarikei »»
Nov 1, 2010 10:00 AM

» My Poetry

Cloud4126 - Dec 19, 2009

3 by Cloud4126 »»
Jul 19, 2010 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.