Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

So I'm planning to start Monogatari Series but not sure what order to choose.

Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Monogatari Series Chronological Order or Airing Order?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2017 6:34 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
Well I don't really care about age and I don't think it matters too much. Id say the same thing to someone in their 40s to watch Star Wars in chrono now that its possible. Especially since we have The Clone Wars, Rebels and Rouge One now which adds scope to the universe of the movies for those who don't want to read Legends
no.. I'm saying that older people who have seen StarWars would probably never want somebody else to watch it that way
oh
well those are probably the same people who complain about mediclorians so I don't care for them
Aug 26, 2017 6:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
no.. I'm saying that older people who have seen StarWars would probably never want somebody else to watch it that way
oh
well those are probably the same people who complain about mediclorians so I don't care for them

LMAO i don't know that much about StarWars so i don't even really know what those are... only StarWars movies i've seen 100% through are the 2 most recent ones :X
Aug 26, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
oh
LMAO i don't know that much about StarWars so i don't even really know what those are... only StarWars movies i've seen 100% through are the 2 most recent ones :X
Weird you would just watch those 2 honestly but ok
granted Ive watched the Hobbit part 2 because my friend cant go to the movies alone for some weird reason
Aug 26, 2017 6:39 AM
Aug 2017
xIbuki-kun44 said:
I personally think I should watch it in airing order but I was wondering now that there are a lot of seasons out would it make more sense or be easier to understand if I watch it in chronological order?

Btw I've already arranged the series in airing order in case you guys vote for airing order. It's correct Right?

Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari: Kuro
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Hanamonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Nisekoimonogatari
Owarimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen
Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen
Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen
Owarimonogatari 2nd Season

Watch kizu between nise and neko kuro, and follow the novel order
Aug 26, 2017 7:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
granted Ive watched the Hobbit part 2 because my friend cant go to the movies alone for some weird reason

lol im extremely OCD about watching order
Aug 26, 2017 7:05 AM
Aug 2016
I m saying this because i watched it in chronological order and yeah i didn't regret it afterwards watch in chronological order and you will understand whole thing.

I don't understand why people say it to watch it in airing order its so confusing that way.
Aug 26, 2017 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
granted Ive watched the Hobbit part 2 because my friend can't go to the movies alone for some weird reason
lol I'm extremely OCD about watching order
Im the same about watching order
If I had known the lead actor of Spartacus blood and sand would get cancer I would of waited with watching the show until after season 2 finished airing so I could watch that before season 1
Aug 26, 2017 7:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
lol I'm extremely OCD about watching order
If I had known the lead actor of Spartacus blood and sand would get cancer I would of waited with watching the show until after season 2 finished airing so I could watch that before season 1

what does that have to do with the way you watched it?
Aug 26, 2017 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
Alciel_Code said:
I m saying this because i watched it in chronological order and yeah i didn't regret it afterwards watch in chronological order and you will understand whole thing.

I don't understand why people say it to watch it in airing order its so confusing that way.
Because people are not stupid and they can understand what is going on. Quite simple actually.
Aug 26, 2017 7:25 AM
Aug 2016
Go by the Airing Dates.

Nisekoimonogatari is an April Fools Day Joke celebrating Shaft's 40th anniversary.
Aug 26, 2017 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
Because do his cancer they had to make season 2 a prequel to season 1 with the lead being constantly in the hospital until he died
Aug 26, 2017 7:26 AM

Feb 2010
always release order if you ask me..
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 26, 2017 7:30 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
Because do his cancer they had to make season 2 a prequel to season 1 with the lead being constantly in the hospital until he died

i don't think i understand how that works, but i see
Aug 26, 2017 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
whats so hard to understand. They wanted to keep the show going but could only do a prequel because the lead was too sick to work
Aug 26, 2017 7:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
whats so hard to understand. They wanted to keep the show going but could only do a prequel because the lead was too sick to work

why couldn't s1 have been the prequel to s2 lol?
Aug 26, 2017 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:
Deknijff said:
why couldn't s1 have been the prequel to s2 lol?
Because the lead didn't have cancer while filming season 1 so they didn't think about that
Aug 26, 2017 7:15 PM
May 2017
While airing order is better than chronological, the best way is light novel order.
Watch the kizu movies after Bakemonogatari but before nisemonogatari. It adds a lot of context and nuance to nise that made it a lot better. After that just resume airing order.
Aug 26, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Also, Cleaned the thread a bit.
Aug 26, 2017 8:05 PM

Jan 2017
Yeah, just start out with the very first and original in the series, Bakemonogatari then go from there
Aug 26, 2017 8:10 PM

May 2015
PSA: If this is your first time watching the series, DON'T WATCH IT IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

Aug 26, 2017 9:38 PM

May 2015
NothingReally said:
Hey, chronological order people! What if a prequel to kizu comes out? You already fucked it up by watching kizu! Your method of watching the show is idiotic for a first run. Airing order is always the way to go first time around. Experiments come later.

Thank you for having common sense.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

5 by hsayal »»
Apr 21, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.