Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2017 4:53 PM

Mar 2015
I just watched the movie and I just have one question, why is this movie even considered good? I know there are other posts discussing how bad the anime is but i really just wanna know why people even find it good. I watched the movie expecting literally nothing (seriously, I didn't even read synopsis or even look at genres) and I got something even worse than what I didn't even expect. I think the only thing that made me continue the movie till the end (aside from it holding such a high rating so i was curious why people feel it's that good) is how amazing it is at black comedy.

The movie also has some questionable logic at 75% of it that I stopped even questioning the actions of all characters as they were all just plain unrealistic, don't make sense, illogical, and are just their to serve plot convenience. I think the only good thing about the movie is the art and the message it is trying to give of all families needing to bond together against all problems but even that point is hard to find during all this mess that was going on. I know this post is gonna get a lot of hate but I really just wanna see other people's opinion over why they find this anime that good (to the point that it holds 8.26 rating on MAL as the time this is being written).
Jul 6, 2017 5:09 PM

Sep 2012
My favorite part is when the grandmother's will or whatever is read and she's talking all sweetly and lovingly about that one guy, saying everybody needs to accept and love him. ...but cut to like, two days ago, and she was literally trying to murder him with a spear.
Jul 6, 2017 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty visuals?

All I remember was a strange card battle.
Jul 9, 2017 8:35 PM

Nov 2007
The movie is pretty good in my opinion if you just throw logic out the window, and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. A lot of superheroes movies are like that too. MCU is probably the biggest offender. Pack it with ton of action, throw logic out of the window, make some jokes here and there, and give it good production value - you are almost guaranteed a decently reviewed film that'll make lots of money. Summer wars is really the same way. It's an entertaining romp, just don't put too much thought into it. I'd give it a 7 or 8 since I like the concept of oz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summer Wars Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Aug 21, 2009

428 by scooterbop »»
May 3, 6:50 AM

» Is it good?

kam1n0 - Nov 13, 2021

20 by domine »»
Oct 31, 2022 5:46 PM

» Metaverse

BeholdTheSkipper - Jan 5, 2022

1 by GabyShimizu »»
Jan 5, 2022 12:05 PM

» By Math Olympics, did they mean Kenji is a possible IMO qualifier?

Uji_Gintoki_Bowl - Aug 23, 2021

1 by DuSK_iKaISeR »»
Aug 23, 2021 1:49 PM

» Man it's been 11 year since it's realise

Sam_Emon - Apr 1, 2020

0 by Sam_Emon »»
Apr 1, 2020 9:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.