Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2017 12:35 AM

May 2015

I just saw this meme on my Facebook feed, and I don't know if this is true that this anime is based of both Kimi no Na Wa and Koe no Katachi. The comments says that this is the mixture between the two, arguably, hottest anime movies to date. But I think that's not the case, maybe for me it's just the Title of the movie that mix the words "Kimi no" and "Koe" from two different movies respectively. Maybe that's why it was lead to confusion if this was inpired or it's just the title of the anime.

Also, I don't think that this movie is based nor inspired by these two animes as I judged the synopsis of this movie. And also, it was made exclusive by another different anime studio, Madhouse.

But I'm very confused though, because there's still a lot of speculation regarding that this two was somewhat "polymerization-ed" and turned it into this anime. But if that was true, then I'm so excited if it is. But if not, I'm still looking forward to watch it.
If God exists, then he should try extending my deadline right now!
~ Kobayashi, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon - Episode 12
Jun 1, 2017 3:41 AM
Oct 2016
Looks kinda interesting
Jun 1, 2017 4:00 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty sure this is not the only anime with Kimi + Koe in the title.

Visually looks nice except that the girls look weird as hell.
Jun 4, 2017 7:22 AM

Aug 2014
It is just a joke. Both Kimi no na wa and Koe no katachi were highly successful and for a 3rd movie coming out this soon after makes it look like an attempt to use their names in an attempt to bring more awareness to this movie. If that is the case is unknown, but it is something people will make fun of for the time being.
Jun 4, 2017 5:57 PM
Aug 2015
Kimi no Koe wo Todoketai.
Jul 1, 2017 3:19 AM
Jan 2017
idk about the name but the pv doesn't even look like romance anime
Jul 1, 2017 3:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Are you implying the word "kimi" is in any way unusual in Japanese? lol
Jul 1, 2017 3:47 AM

Sep 2009

Great meme, the dream
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jul 1, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
Kimi no Koe = Your Voice
WOW! MUST BE INSPIRED FROM KIMI NO NA WA AND KOE NO KATACHI!

Yeah right. And Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho was inspired by Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. Lel
Jul 4, 2017 2:42 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
the heck how could someone compare "kimi no na wa" to "koe no katachi"

they are DIFFERENT setting.

PRIOR to Koe no katachi, there's is kokoro ga sakebigatterunda. yea it's a copy setting. SPEECH IMPAIRED

this movie isn't even related to the other two unless foreigner who doesn't understand Japanese get it.

kimi = you/your, no = of 'something', na(mae) = name, wa = is

Koe = voice, no = of 'something', katachi = shape

kimi = you/your, no = of 'something', koe = you/your, wo = 'action particle', todoketai = want to reach

Get it right ...

Jul 4, 2017 2:54 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Nostalgik said:
Kimi no Koe = Your Voice

Yeah right. And Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho was inspired by Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu. Lel

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho and Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu are literal done by the SAME studio called White Fox, not thing wrong with that.

if YOU learn JP for once and translate it, it should be different title even if they both have similar reading.

IF you ignore MAL english name, and learn Japanese, you will know. English name from MAL/crunchroll/etcs just gonna SHORTEN it through rephrasing.

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho = Starting from the Book of ZERO

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu = Repeat, starting life in another world from zero
(the only odd translation for this one is "re" since they use it with the intention for redo/repeat)

Jul 4, 2017 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
xkazutox said:
Nostalgik said:
Kimi no Koe = Your Voice

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho and Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu are literal done by the SAME studio called White Fox, not thing wrong with that.

if YOU learn JP for once and translate it, it should be different title even if they both have similar reading.

IF you ignore MAL english name, and learn Japanese, you will know. English name from MAL/crunchroll/etcs just gonna SHORTEN it through rephrasing.

Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho = Starting from the Book of ZERO

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu = Repeat, starting life in another world from zero
(the only odd translation for this one is "re" since they use it with the intention for redo/repeat)

What the hell are you even talking about?? Do you know what "sarcasm" is? My god...
Jul 10, 2017 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
This may very well take the cake for the most pointless and dumb thread I've seen on MAL. And that's saying A LOT.
Sep 10, 2017 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
well well well they made a big mistake in making fun of two masterpieces of this year
but yes their name may be similar and maybe they tried to use that name because we always judge the book by its cover when i said cover it does have a title in it right so if we see something like very romantic or inspiring title we easily get excited about it but not always though
never give up
Feb 6, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2017
Lol you're not alone, when I first saw the title my first thought was Kimi no na wa and Koe no katachi then I immediately check it out here on MAL to see if there's a connection

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koe wo Todoketai Episode 1 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Sep 24, 2017

17 by stormstg »»
Jul 4, 2023 11:38 PM

» Otoha's VA passed away December 2022 

masterjisamsu - Jan 1, 2023

0 by masterjisamsu »»
Jan 1, 2023 4:43 AM

» Blu ray? Theaters? Licensing?

NG_Chloe - Feb 11, 2018

1 by jeepracer98 »»
Mar 6, 2018 11:31 PM

» I feel uneasy about this...

Takamura-sama - Mar 25, 2017

3 by Helynlia »»
Jun 11, 2017 4:17 AM

» I want to deliver your voice...

esofdiamon - May 26, 2017

0 by esofdiamon »»
May 26, 2017 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.