Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 1, 2017 2:56 PM

Jan 2012

● ◯ ☾ The Theater ☽ ◯●

Hi there! Welcome to The Theater!

Here in the theater, you can talk about any new movie that has been or is going to be released, or any TV shows that you're currently watching, be it Comedy shows, K-drama, or your typical British Soap. This is for NON-Anime related shows/movies only. To discuss new anime episodes or movies, please head on over to the Anime/Manga thread.

Do you have your ticket?

If You're discussing a recently released movie or show/episode, please put any related spoilers inside a spoiler tag. Please be mindful of your language in this section. I don't mind the occasional strong language (ie. swearing), however, I will not tolerate directing abusive or offensive comments at other users. Anyone caught doing this will be removed from the club. Please remember the MAL guidelines.

Thank you! Have a nice day :)

Erg_OrgyJun 1, 2017 11:51 AM
Club Aerosol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 1, 2017 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
So, has anyone watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 yet? :3

Club Aerosol
May 1, 2017 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
minaeshi said:
So, has anyone watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 yet? :3

Baby Groot ♥

Sadly I haven't seen it. The last movie me and my family watched in the theater was Beauty and the Beast; that was last month and I don't think we have the budget right now to watch another (⌣_⌣”)
May 2, 2017 4:53 AM

Aug 2012
Watched Transcendence yesterday. Even with those crappy reviews I thought it was well done and basically underrated.
May 6, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2012
Rasheed said:
Watched Transcendence yesterday. Even with those crappy reviews I thought it was well done and basically underrated.

I've never heard of Transcendence before, need to look that one up~
*googles* OH is this the one that was considered one of Johnny Depp's flopped films?

Have you guys seen Kingsman: The Secret Service? They're making a sequel for it and i'm so excited lol. The first one was so horribly lame that i loved it for the sheer banta ^o^
Club Aerosol
May 6, 2017 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
@minaeshi Well, it's not a flop, mostly. It might be boring, yes, but it's entertaining to anyone who likes sci-fi and futuristic AI.

Didn't see Kingsman. Is it any good?

Btw, go watch Moon Light.
May 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Sep 2016
@minaeshi
Oh! I went and saw that on my birthday (may 6) its a great movie!
Although i love the first one more! ;3
Jun 2, 2017 6:29 AM

Oct 2008
@minaeshi
been meaning to go see it for four weeks now and sadly things keep coming up. so I probably won't see it till it's on Blu-ray especially now that pirates is in theaters
✫ Delivery ✫
✫ click a dragon ✫

Jun 2, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
@InsomnaicEntity
Kingsman in my opion is very good for its intent. It's not a amazingly epic spy movie but one that makes light of all the classic cliche. I personally cant wait for the sequel
✫ Delivery ✫
✫ click a dragon ✫

Jun 16, 2017 2:46 AM
Mar 2015
So I was able to see a movie called Logan last week. At first, I had no idea what the film was about (didn't watch any trailers), I then decided to read its Wikipedia page and found out it was a new Wolverine movie! A reboot one at that. Even though I'm more of a Spidey fan, I just couldn't let the opportunity to see a superhero movie pass me by; I had to watch it! And when I did, I thought it was good. Personally, I still think Days of Future Past was better, but I guess it's unfair to compare that with a solo film like Logan. Also, when they said the film was R-rated, they really meant it :/

Anyway, I'm going to share some of my thoughts about the film, so the section below is literally full of spoilers. If you haven't watched it, please do not click the button:

Jun 30, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
Putting the Logan response in spoiler

Is anyone excited for the new Spiderman Homecoming film? I met the actor Tom Holland at work lol, he was pretty cool! I missed Zendaya tho, which hurt my soul welp. Marvel's been on a role with their MCU and Tom did a great job as Spidey in Civil War, so i'm soooo excited for this film!

Here is the trailer for those who have been living under a rock lol
Club Aerosol
Jul 1, 2017 2:15 PM

Oct 2008
@minaeshi
I'm kind of torn between want to see the new movie and wishing that we would have gotten at least one more sequel out of the amazing spider-man
✫ Delivery ✫
✫ click a dragon ✫

Jul 5, 2017 11:03 AM

Oct 2008
@Reverie
I'm personally not much of a x-men fan but I did get a chance to watch Logan and was surprised, though I thought it was a little slow to begin it wasn't half bad. Definitely graphic

on another note are you, being a spidey fan, excited for the new spider-man movie personally I think I would have rather seen a sequel to The Amazing Spider-man 2
✫ Delivery ✫
✫ click a dragon ✫

Aug 26, 2017 3:26 AM
Mar 2015
First off, let's pretend there's not a one month gap between my reply and your question @bloodyshadowz13 xD

Yeah I'm still excited to see the new Spidey film! Though I feel like I should watch other movies included in the MCU before Homecoming so I can better understand it; specifically Civil War because I have not seen it yet T^T

bloodyshadowz13 said:

[...] I'm kind of torn between want to see the new movie and wishing that we would have gotten at least one more sequel out of the amazing spider-man
and also said:

[...] personally I think I would have rather seen a sequel to The Amazing Spider-man 2

I see someone has a crush on Garfield ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I'm kidding. I know how you feel, I thought TASM2 would get a sequel considering how it ends but nope.

Correct me if I'm wrong shadowz (or anyone). Before Sony agreed to share the rights of Spider-Man to Marvel, they were planning to create a spin-off series called "The Sinister Six"; it was cancelled eventually. I've noticed that since the main antagonist of Homecoming is Vulture — one of the members of Sinister Six — I guess Sony hasn't given up on their previous idea?

By the way, thank you shadowz and bosslady for answering my question about a certain character from Logan. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna need some alone time *sniffles*
Aug 26, 2017 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
@Reverie, from what I understand (or from what i was told from my bossu at work lmao), Marvel (cinematic universe) own Spider-Man alongside Sony, but Sonys "marvel universe" and Marvels Cinematic Universe are two separate things. Sony produced the film, but Marvel own the rights to everything Spiderman (including the actors).

Since they're two separate universes, the actors of characters like spidey and vulture in MCU cannot appear in any Sony Marvel Universe films, therefore, meaning if Sony created The Sinister Six, they would need to have a different actor, and spidey (as tom holland) can't appear in the film.

On the other hand, X-men (+Wolverine films) and Fantastic Four, who's films are produced by Fox, cannot appear in any Marvel Cinematic Universe film because Marvel Studios/Disney have not come to a deal with Fox to share the rights like they have with Sony. So films like Avengers: Infinity War, which is based of the Marvel Infinity War comics, won't include characters from X-men or F4, despite them being very integral to the plot welp.

Hope that helps Rev! ^^

Club Aerosol
Aug 27, 2017 8:39 AM
Mar 2015
Woah, c-can your boss be my boss too when I start working? *^* It feels like he/she is great to have a casual conversation with. And as usual, thanks for taking the time to type all of that explanation despite your busy schedule @minaeshi; I actually saw your bullet journal (which looks awesome by the way) that you posted at your blog, and the amount of things you do every other week surprised me! I'd be so stressed out if we switched places.
Mar 5, 2018 2:50 PM

Jan 2012
*84 YEARS LATER*

Eh, it depends on the boss i guess? i have quiet a few lol, so some know tons about marvel and others about...idk frozen and disney princesses lmao! And thank you! I'm always stressed whelp, but CA is a nice way for me to de-stress //even though i stress about that too ehhhhh

-

Did anyone watch the oscars last night?! I have yet to see Shape of Water, so i was surprised to see it win best picture. Happy for Dunkirk too, and completely devastated for Baby Driver not winner any awards (which ironically lost all 3 of their nominations to dunkirk, which only won 3 awards itself lol) since it was my favorite film of 2017 (plus Logan).

I need to watch a lot more films lol!
Club Aerosol
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ☾ GAME ☽ Count to 18 before the Asteroid strikes! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

minaeshi - May 8, 2017

2360 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 4, 2023 9:16 AM

Sticky: » ● ◯ ☾ STAFF RECRUITMENT - All positions!! ☽ ◯●

minaeshi - Apr 17, 2017

34 by removed-user »»
Dec 10, 2020 10:21 PM

Sticky: » ● ◯ ☾ The Lounge (General Chat) ☽ ◯● ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

minaeshi - Apr 19, 2017

253 by LunaTheSimp »»
Aug 1, 2020 9:11 PM

Sticky: » ● ◯ ☾ Birthday Party Sign Up! ☽ ◯●

minaeshi - Sep 1, 2017

23 by _QQyuellis »»
Aug 3, 2019 3:49 AM

» ☾ GAME ☽ ● Elimination Game! ● ( 1 2 3 )

minaeshi - Apr 25, 2017

105 by minaeshit »»
Aug 2, 2019 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.