Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2017 10:42 PM

Nov 2009
Disclaimer: I have currently completed only 7 episodes out of 12. It is okay to spoil me about what comes next.

I do know it is not easy to make a school for overpowered teenagers. There are bound to be clashes of forceful personalities and stuff.

But Genetics West seems to fail entirely. Just compare it to similar schools in Seiken Tsukai, Hundred, Kuusen Madoushi or Masou Gakuen HxH. (I am comparing to schools focused on fighting monsters on purpose. Sport schools of superpowered fighting do not face the same problems.)
1) They have all this talk about discipline, but what they have is total breakdown of social order, with people carrying out random vendettas, swordfights in the middle of the street, assassinations and stuff. And neither the teachers nor the student council do anything about it.
Well, the student council president got drunk last episode and actually showed some guts by trying to subtly influence a leader of one of the fractions. Instead of, you know, expelling them all.

2) Now, it might be a good idea to promote competition to make students train harder. But why is it that all the training and competition is on personal level?
Even a schoolgirl should know that the best way to defeat alien invaders is teamwork!
But these people have none of that. They can't even make proper relationships with their partners.
Like they are now, they are only good as cannon fodder.

3) These people are going to save humanity? Don't make me laugh. They have lost their humanity long ago. Just compare 1st year students to 3rd year students.
MC is probably the only guy on the whole campus who remembers what's the purpose of the school.
I'd say their propaganda efforts failed badly, and they risk the entire 3rd year betraying humanity and joining its enemies.

Why this happened?
Is it somebody higher up who wants humanity (or just Japan) destroyed?
Is Genetics West actually a test lab for researching using Pandoras to fight other countries?
flannanApr 20, 2017 12:02 PM
Apr 20, 2017 8:23 AM
Jun 2016
A theme of the series is that Humanity is selfish and often screws itself over due to fear, ignorance, and sadism. The school is an example of this.
Apr 20, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2009
Blacksight said:
A theme of the series is that Humanity is selfish and often screws itself over due to fear, ignorance, and sadism. The school is an example of this.

If that school is an example of humanity, I say we should just let the Novas destroy it all. A species this dumb should not live.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.