Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that look awfully similar in appearance.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 18, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2017
Lucy from Fairy Tail

Shiraishi from Seven Witches
Dec 18, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2016
Instead of looking at the characters' face, let's look at a different aspect.

I noticed that a LOT of female characters have this kind of hairstyle where their hair color is blond tinged with pink.

There are actually more characters that have this kind of hair but these are all that I can recall from my head at the moment. I understand that the color goes well but I believe that it was supposed to be unique for Chitoge only.
At least justify your opinions instead of just saying "it's my opinion". It would've been more polite.

Dec 18, 2017 6:14 AM

Nov 2016
Nothing against getting inspired by others,but there's a limit for everything.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
You see this stereotypical protagonist of early 2000s? I member

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Dec 19, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Every harem protagonist

Every hentai protagonist

Every angsty light novel protagonist

Average height, boring brown/black hair and maybe glasses. Cause y'know... Teen boys like projecting themselves on them I guess. "Wow he's painfully average and boring in every way too! And look at all that pussy he's getting! Maybe that can be me someday..."

Dec 20, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 2016
Shun from Food Wars and Leonardo from Kekkai Sensen. Must be the hair.
Dec 21, 2017 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
Design similarity is not uncommon across the board. There are only so many designs before you start dipping into uncanny valley territory, so even across different studios, assets are constantly reused. Studios that produce series that have a distinct “style”, ie, Kyoto Animation, have similar designs in many of their series due to there being a smaller amount of character designers. Either way, you end up with similar looking characters under completely different art styles, studios, and art directors, because frankly, it’s easier to replicate and refine an already existing design with some tweaks here and there. You could say that it’s either ingenious or lazy, but it’s the industry. Nothing is really 100% original anymore, that’s what my graphics teacher said, you can definitely retouch things but almost everything has been done already, even the arthouse shit.

removed-userDec 21, 2017 6:14 AM
Dec 21, 2017 6:20 AM
Oct 2015
Well im gonna tell ya again....
First it is that feminists feel offended by the stories of famous manga, ecchi genre
Second people start to bitch about stories being cliche and same, shounen genre
Now third people thinks characters looking same

My point is if you try to find a mistake you will, you can call it criticising but i think criticising is something that you should elobrate and debate when something is visibly wrong when you watch anime like you getting dragged by a strong stream. Δ° hope you understood me. Δ°t is like not finding any oppposite gender interesting because a girl is brunnette and b girl is brunette too, a girl is petite and c girl is petite too.

Edit: Just to prevent a misunderstanding, i am not saying you have rights to criticise women or men while there is nothing wrong he or she did according to customs and morals.
Dec 21, 2017 9:28 AM

May 2017
noticed these recently:

Lindel from Mahou Tsukai no Yome and Mikaela from Owari no Seraph
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

96 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
2 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Today

58 by Tropisch »»
4 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 6 hours ago

20 by Calabre006 »»
14 minutes ago

» Every anime viewer has gone through this phase:

9765 - 9 hours ago

26 by Mishiia »»
29 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - Yesterday

25 by Zedlin »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.