Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2017 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
After several years of macOS not having a library tracker for MyAnimeList and only a scrobbler, it's finally being made. At the moment, search, season and viewing anime information. I have yet implemented saving login information and viewing the user's list. This will be done next.

This program is coded in Objective C. I have created a C# version with Xamarin, but I wasn't satisfied by how it ran.

With that, here are some questions and answers.

Will MAL Library be Open Source and Free?

Yes, MAL Library will be open source. However, only anime list management will be free since most people use MyAnimeList for Anime. Manga and other features like forum browsing will be features that will require a donation key. A donation key from MAL Updater OS X will work in MAL Library.

However, you will be able to build your own version since it's open source. However, no support will be given to it and you must use your own Atarashii-API server or a different one. Note that developers still can charge money for open source software and still provide the source.

Will MAL Library will be on the App Store?

Yes, MAL Library will eventually be on the App Store once it's out of beta in late Spring. It will cost $4.99 (minimal donation amount to get a key) and all the features will be unlocked. The revenue will help keep the Atarashii-API server running and also development costs (Apple Developer Program). MAL Library does not have anything that will break the App Store guidelines, so it should be approved.

The App Store version is entitled for all future updates, including major versions. The App Store version is the full version like you will get with a donation key.

Will my Donation Keys will work in future versions?

Yes, existing donation keys will work in all versions.

Will I be able to get a Donation Key if I bought MAL Library from the App Store?
Yes, please send a proof of purchase to ateliershiori at chikorita157.com.

You can download latest versions at the official website:
https://malupdaterosx.ateliershiori.moe/mallibrary/
chikorita157Dec 11, 2017 3:47 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 27, 2017 1:14 AM

May 2014
Keep up the great work. Have been using your MAL and Hachidori apps for some time now, and they serve me very well :)
Feb 28, 2017 5:33 PM

Jan 2009
The first alpha build is now out. There are some known bugs, but they will be fixed in the next build.

https://github.com/Atelier-Shiori/MALLibrary/releases/tag/2.0a1

MAL Library starts at 2.0 since it's the successor of MAL Client OS X, which stopped at version 1.5b2.
Mar 27, 2017 3:24 PM

Jan 2009
I am currently rewritten MAL Library to Objective C, which isn't hard since most of the work was done with some development of Nekomata. The reason I decided to abandon Xamarin and C# is that the application size is is huge and some functionality cannot be done in Xamarin.mac

With this change, the program should launch quickly. The new version should be out later this week.
chikorita157Mar 27, 2017 4:37 PM
Mar 28, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
MAL Library 2.0 Alpha 4 is now out completely rewritten in Objective C. There shouldn't be many differences with the new version since the UI and functionality is the same.

https://github.com/Atelier-Shiori/MALLibrary/releases/tag/2.0a4
Apr 13, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2009
All the unit testing and UI testing has passed, MAL Library is being submitted to the App Store. Once available and approved by Apple, the final release will be released outside the App Store as well. The App Store version will cost $4.99 and the revenue will help with the development of MAL Library and MAL Updater OS X.

App Store purchases will be eligible for a donation key that can be used in MAL Updater OS X. See first post.
Apr 14, 2017 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
MAL Library 2.0 is now gold and available on the Mac App Store... More features are coming soon.

To update to the final version, check for updates.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Hachidori 3.2 and Shukofukurou for iOS/iPadOS 2.0 Beta and macOS is now Available

chikorita157 - Oct 1, 2019

4 by chikorita157 »»
Jan 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Sticky: » RE: Return of MyAnimeList and future of MAL Updater OS X and Shukofukurou

chikorita157 - Jul 30, 2019

1 by chikorita157 »»
Aug 23, 2019 11:01 AM

» RE: MAL Updater OS X and Shukofukurou functionality

chikorita157 - May 24, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
May 24, 2018 10:46 AM

» MAL Updater OS X 2.5 Alpha Now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Apr 26, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Apr 26, 2018 11:22 AM

» MAL Library 3.0 now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Mar 19, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Mar 19, 2018 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.