Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2017 4:59 AM
Feb 2017
Just wanted to put this out there, but after reading through the manga, it looks like the old fisherman in chapter 81 could be Blast? I couldn't find that theory out there so I just wanted to submit it for discussion. We know he's at least 18 years older than his original depiction in Tatsumaki's flashback and reacts to Saitama's insta-kill with ease.

He looks like an older version of blast and also pulls a giant fish out of the water with ease (Not before it gets eaten of course...
May 19, 2017 4:56 PM
Sep 2015
I just wanted make my theory so i'll write it here.
In web manga by ONE blast suit is very similar to Caped Baldy. King is the strongest man because Blast can't be considered as a human. Saitama in "Road to Hero" liked the suit at first sight. He started hero hobby 15 years ago (Saitama 3 years ago).
To the point Blast might be Saitama's older brother (father eventually) that's why Saitama decided to become a hero out of nowhere (he had example). It would fit well and would mean it's something in their genes.

I can't stand ONE's "art" skills so I'm not sure how much aligned are manga and web comics.

And another one Blast is a Monster King. Most of monsters have some ultimate form so maybe "normal form" of Monster King looks like human. It would be perfect final opponent.

Those two might be also connected. For exampl Saitama is half human half monter or a monster who doesn't know about it.

Well many combinations but "summarizing to 10 words or less" I think Saitama, Blast and/= Monster King are family.
Jun 14, 2017 1:53 AM

Dec 2009
My theory for now is similar to yours. It's that the Monster King might be Blast who monsterfied himself. He was a hero just for fun who grew bored because of his overwhelming powers and changed paths. That way, he's like Saitama's counterpart.
I got that feeling when I was reading those panels with the Monster King. And if the Monster King is the last boss, then it can be like a fight regarding morals and different viewpoints of what power really is.

...idk, it's mostly a random thought I got after reading Chapter 76.

Big Vers.
Jun 14, 2017 7:16 AM
May 2017
but didn't it get explained that saitama and garou broke their human power limits or something? (At least in web manga)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your girl

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

21 by TheHonouredOne12 »»
Apr 20, 10:49 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 247 Discussion

deg - Feb 21

24 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:38 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 246 Discussion

deg - Feb 7

17 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 245 Discussion

deg - Jan 24

26 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:26 AM

Poll: » One Punch-Man Chapter 244 Discussion

deg - Dec 27, 2023

16 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.