Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
All-Out!!
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 21, 2016 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
I am a former rugby player and I love myself some anime. I love sports anime that are grounded. Is this show grounded? What do I mean by that? No superpower bullshit and just pure rugby? I played rugby so I know how it works. I am kind of piss that the PVs show me that it is 7s and not 15s. (I just mean 7 on 7 and 15 on 15).
MasterHavikOct 21, 2016 12:54 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Oct 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2016
MasterHavik said:
I am a former rugby player and I love myself some anime. I love sports anime that are grounded. Is this show grounded? What do I mean by that? No superpower bullshit and just pure rugby? I played rugby so I know how it works. I am kind of piss that the PVs show me that it is 7s and not 14s. (I just mean 7 on 7 and 14 on 14).

14? You mean 15, right?
Oct 21, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
LockSpeedster said:
MasterHavik said:
I am a former rugby player and I love myself some anime. I love sports anime that are grounded. Is this show grounded? What do I mean by that? No superpower bullshit and just pure rugby? I played rugby so I know how it works. I am kind of piss that the PVs show me that it is 7s and not 14s. (I just mean 7 on 7 and 14 on 14).

14? You mean 15, right?
Yeah my bad dude. Got a little confuse. We rarely played 15 on 15.
Oct 21, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
MasterHavik said:
I am a former rugby player and I love myself some anime. I love sports anime that are grounded. Is this show grounded? What do I mean by that? No superpower bullshit and just pure rugby? I played rugby so I know how it works. I am kind of piss that the PVs show me that it is 7s and not 15s. (I just mean 7 on 7 and 15 on 15).

yeah its pretty grounded (they overexxagerate the impacts when they tackle a little bit). also its 15 on 15.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Oct 21, 2016 1:17 PM

Jan 2011
Galaxy__ said:
MasterHavik said:

yeah its pretty grounded (they overexxagerate the impacts when they tackle a little bit). also its 15 on 15.
Oh fuck yes!! Well getting tackle in rugby can hurt like shit depending on the situation.
Oct 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
@MasterHavik

theres no superpowers but the story doesnt make rugby look fun. i dont know anything about rugby, but this anime shows me that its about a group of cute guys grabbing each others asses and piling on each other

something that annoys me is their facial expressions. some of the characters keep blushing and they make a creepy look on their face like their sexually aroused from talking about rugby. even in the latest episode, one of their opponents expressed their sexual appetite for the captain. i assume this is a normal thing for you rugby players?

its like a sport anime for girls. if you like Free!!! you will L-O-V-E this

Oct 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
muscles said:
@MasterHavik

theres no superpowers but the story doesnt make rugby look fun. i dont know anything about rugby, but this anime shows me that its about a group of cute guys grabbing each others asses and piling on each other

something that annoys me is their facial expressions. some of the characters keep blushing and they make a creepy look on their face like their sexually aroused from talking about rugby. even in the latest episode, one of their opponents expressed their sexual appetite for the captain. i assume this is a normal thing for you rugby players?

its like a sport anime for girls. if you like Free!!! you will L-O-V-E this

Well.....Rugby is a very rough and aggressive sport. It can be very physical unlike American football you don't get much protection besides those helmets that are only for the prop(biggest guys on your team). Some also tape their ears back but they wear those to prevent their ears from being ripped off in the scrum. That is what is going on in the second picture. That is basically you and the other ramming your shoulders as you fight for control of the ball with your feets.

But yeah no...Rugby players don't act like that AT ALL. These guys can beat you up usually. I am a little turn off that this is just another sports anime that is male dominated(where the creator director is most likely a woman) where they just oversexualize the sport...and not actually just stick to the sport. I'll give it a shot still but I am a little dishearten it making Rugby look gay...when it is far from gay.
Oct 22, 2016 1:35 AM

Oct 2016
I don't think only props wear head guards. I've seen plenty of locks wearing them. I wore one when I played as a lock. Certain thing is not everyone in the team. In fact, only a few actually. But I agree that it's used as a protection for your ears, together with some tape sometimes.

Actually, in my opinion the dialogues up until now made a good starter representation for rugby. And I'm not considering the guy who fell in love with the eyes of Sezikan.

I'm not sure where @muscles got this "cute guys grabbing each others asses", since nobody has ever grabbed any ass in the three episodes aired.

I think you're being too literal with the wording and also that both of you guys are reading too much into it. There's no need to label gay anything just because it doesn't fit your standards of male bonding.

Rugby is not a gay sport but neither is a straight sport. It's a sport. Period. "Rugby guys don't act like that AT ALL". I don't think you can speak for every single player, since everyone has a different personality. But I can say that in three teams that I've been nobody ever acted like the guy in love with the other guy's eyes. But I've seen some weird stuff, on the level of idiot stuff that frat boys are rumored to do.

MasterHavik said:

Well, rugby union is 15 vs 15, rugby league is 13 vs 13. There is also rugby 7 and you can imagine how many are the players, basically lacking the scrum (which sucks in my opinion). There are also touch rugby and tag rugby, but those are for sissies. They shouldn't even be mentioned. My bad.
TrueDragonPrinceOct 22, 2016 1:39 AM
Oct 22, 2016 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
LockSpeedster said:
I don't think only props wear head guards. I've seen plenty of locks wearing them. I wore one when I played as a lock. Certain thing is not everyone in the team. In fact, only a few actually. But I agree that it's used as a protection for your ears, together with some tape sometimes.

Actually, in my opinion the dialogues up until now made a good starter representation for rugby. And I'm not considering the guy who fell in love with the eyes of Sezikan.

I'm not sure where @muscles got this "cute guys grabbing each others asses", since nobody has ever grabbed any ass in the three episodes aired.

I think you're being too literal with the wording and also that both of you guys are reading too much into it. There's no need to label gay anything just because it doesn't fit your standards of male bonding.

Rugby is not a gay sport but neither is a straight sport. It's a sport. Period. "Rugby guys don't act like that AT ALL". I don't think you can speak for every single player, since everyone has a different personality. But I can say that in three teams that I've been nobody ever acted like the guy in love with the other guy's eyes. But I've seen some weird stuff, on the level of idiot stuff that frat boys are rumored to do.

MasterHavik said:

Well, rugby union is 15 vs 15, rugby league is 13 vs 13. There is also rugby 7 and you can imagine how many are the players, basically lacking the scrum (which sucks in my opinion). There are also touch rugby and tag rugby, but those are for sissies. They shouldn't even be mentioned. My bad.
I was a flanker and never had to wear it myself. also yeah nah dude I played the real shit back in high school and my first year of college. We were hitting my dude. Anyway thank you for clearing up the air with the homosexual overtones I got from what he showed. I don't mind a gay character in these type of shows but I want the focus to be on the sport. I'll give it a watch when I get a chance.
Oct 22, 2016 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
MasterHavik said:
I was a flanker and never had to wear it myself. also yeah nah dude I played the real shit back in high school and my first year of college. We were hitting my dude. Anyway thank you for clearing up the air with the homosexual overtones I got from what he showed. I don't mind a gay character in these type of shows but I want the focus to be on the sport. I'll give it a watch when I get a chance.

Nice. Flanker was my favourite position when I first read the rules before seeking for a team. They signed me up as a lock though: it turns out that I liked it even more. I didn't play much though, since in my country rugby is a niche sport and most people who play it at amateur level (at least those I've met and seen) are stuck in soccer mindsets, which I personally don't like and feel foreign to my idea of rugby.

Anyway, I don't know your tastes, but I think giving it a shot could be nice. Then judge for yourself. I tell you, though, that episode one feels a little off in my opinion. Enjoy
Oct 22, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2011
LockSpeedster said:
MasterHavik said:

Nice. Flanker was my favourite position when I first read the rules before seeking for a team. They signed me up as a lock though: it turns out that I liked it even more. I didn't play much though, since in my country rugby is a niche sport and most people who play it at amateur level (at least those I've met and seen) are stuck in soccer mindsets, which I personally don't like and feel foreign to my idea of rugby.

Anyway, I don't know your tastes, but I think giving it a shot could be nice. Then judge for yourself. I tell you, though, that episode one feels a little off in my opinion. Enjoy
Okay man and thanks. And if I can ask..where are you from? The problem I had with my team in high school is people were trying to t like American football.
Oct 28, 2016 3:08 AM
Aug 2016
I think its a good representation of the sport but one thing springs to mind, why aren't they wearing gum shields?
I'm pretty sure they're required to play, or do the players want their teeth knocked out?
Oct 28, 2016 3:23 AM

Jan 2011
CuttlerMott said:
I think its a good representation of the sport but one thing springs to mind, why aren't they wearing gum shields?
I'm pretty sure they're required to play, or do the players want their teeth knocked out?
No mouthpieces? That is odd...and yes they do if you don't wear one.
Oct 28, 2016 5:03 AM
Aug 2016
MasterHavik said:
CuttlerMott said:
Either that or they will bite through their tongue during a tackle, something I have seen happen
Oct 28, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
CuttlerMott said:
MasterHavik said:
Either that or they will bite through their tongue during a tackle, something I have seen happen
I haven't seen that before actually!
Oct 28, 2016 3:10 PM
Aug 2016
MasterHavik said:
CuttlerMott said:
I haven't seen that before actually!
Well think about it as two hard, edged things slamming together with something soft in between.
It happens when their tongue gets caught between their teeth and their jaw is slammed shut e.g. in a tackle.
Oct 28, 2016 3:49 PM
Oct 2016
I play rugby, I'm a loose head prop. gumshields are optional. kind of stupid not to use one though with the cost of dental work. I think the show is a perfect blend of anime and rugby, there is just a certain style to most anime which I live and this blends it with my favourite sport, it's fun not too serious but it portrays the ideologies of rugby absolutely perfectly.
Oct 28, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Jcb411 said:
I play rugby, I'm a loose head prop. gumshields are optional. kind of stupid not to use one though with the cost of dental work. I think the show is a perfect blend of anime and rugby, there is just a certain style to most anime which I live and this blends it with my favourite sport, it's fun not too serious but it portrays the ideologies of rugby absolutely perfectly.
that is great to hear. Also lol at your second comment. LOL

More topics from this board

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:26 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

22 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 9:11 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

17 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:51 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

18 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 8:29 AM

Poll: » All Out!! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

19 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 13, 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.