Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2016 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
The open ending is still bothering me, especially because of a scene a little earlier in the episode. I'm talking about the scene where Nero recalls the past when they went to Angelo's( Avillio) house to kill his family. Nero chased Angelo outside but there was someone hiding behind a car. And they only showed Nero holding the gun but not shooting it, even though there was the sounds of a shot. This makes me think Nero did shoot that night, but he didn't aim for Angelo. And so when Angelo screams at him and says "Why didn't you shoot me?" it really hits a chord for Nero. Thus, later at the beach, Nero aims the gun once more at Angelo and this time, though he waivers a little, he pulls the trigger taking aim, fulfilling Angelo's wish. ( I would love to believe Angelo is still alive but I really doubt it.)

As he drove away he smiled looking at the pineapple, remembering Angelo for all the good he'd brought Nero instead of the bad. Remembering him as Avillio rather than Angelo, maybe. What do you guys think? Ambiguous endings are the worse...
Oct 1, 2016 10:55 AM
Jan 2013
how about we don't think about it cause it really hurts my head
I just think that nero killed avilio to avenge his family and then the glassias killed nero shortly after.
Oct 1, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
I really like this ambiguous ending because of how it left things up to the viewer without having either case being presented as any more likely
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 1, 2016 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Fred457 said:
I really like this ambiguous ending because of how it left things up to the viewer without having either case being presented as any more likely

Thats also my take on it. I thought it would end up tragically like in Macbeth hence the references but this way is even better.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 1, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
It was beatiful, most of 12 episoded anime series tend to have shitty endings. This was a good one for sure.

My only wish was to see Corteo alive but that's fine...T.T
Oct 1, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
Butterflymansion said:
It was beatiful, most of 12 episoded anime series tend to have shitty endings. This was a good one for sure.

My only wish was to see Corteo alive but that's fine...T.T

Thats probably because many anime are there to lure the viewer into the manga. 91 Days was an original project. Anyway thats not lowering the respect for the staff cause there are ofc original shows/mangas with crappy endings.
SpaghettiSpikeOct 1, 2016 11:53 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 2, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2016
Saf_99 said:
This makes me think Nero did shoot that night, but he didn't aim for Angelo. And so when Angelo screams at him and says "Why didn't you shoot me?" it really hits a chord for Nero. Thus, later at the beach, Nero aims the gun once more at Angelo and this time, though he waivers a little, he pulls the trigger taking aim, fulfilling Angelo's wish. ( I would love to believe Angelo is still alive but I really doubt it.)

As he drove away he smiled looking at the pineapple, remembering Angelo for all the good he'd brought Nero instead of the bad. Remembering him as Avillio rather than Angelo, maybe. What do you guys think? Ambiguous endings are the worse...

Alternatively, Nero missed on purpose this time as well, because he realises that he doesn't want to kill Angelo either, just like that night so many years ago. He has seen first hand that revenge is a hollow reward - it only fuels a cycle of violence and sorrow. That realization is part of the reason why he says that "We don't need a reason to live, we just live."

The footprints (which can actually be footprints heading back) and the lack of any blood/body corroborate with the Angelo being alive theory.

Finally, Nero can smile at the can of pineapples because they serve to trigger a fond memory, instead of something bitter, which it would have been if he had killed Angelo.

So yeah, the ending can be spun whichever way you like, really. If you really want Angelo to live, just choose this! Ambiguous endings can be fun, you can make it play out exactly like you want in your head*! :D

*Until the show's creators say otherwise in some interview. But then that can be ignored too. :P
Oct 3, 2016 5:53 AM

Sep 2015
The ending was fitting. This has many similarities to Shakespearian Tragedy. I will agree with the above statement, Nero did not kill Angelo out of malice or hate. Nero viewed Angelo a friend to the end. He understood the reasons behind Angelo killing his family and forgave him for it due to him realizing it was his mistake seven years ago that caused all this. As a friend to Angelo he put him out of his misery because he believed it was the best thing for Angelo. He waived because he didn't want to but did in the end. The pineapple can is a treasure to Nero due to it being a memory of Angelo. Nero does get hunted down by the Galssias and dies in the end as well. Great ending.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Oct 3, 2016 9:27 PM

Dec 2015
I'm kinda confused having just watched it. Angelo confessed that he still lacks a reason to live after the whole revenge plot so it makes sense for Nero to have killed him.

However, Nero said multiple times that he would give Angelo a reason to live which was never fulfilled.

Didn't really like how Galssias won in the end although the town essentially is dead.
~
Oct 5, 2016 4:14 PM

Feb 2016
i just finished watching 91 days in 5 days lol , and i must say reading the comment section prove to me that watching 1 episode per week is the reason why people can't seems to grasp the final moments .
i will explain with proofs , basicaly dialouges and scene from the anime , that angelo lived and nero scarficed himself ( shocking , very shocking i know )

okay , first off all , not a singel soul on mal seems to notice that the guy who entered while nero and angleo eating in the resturant is the same guy who was shown in the car in the last scene, in fact if you go now and watch the resturant scene( episode 12 ) minute 15, you can easily see nero looking with the back of his right eye on the man for seconds , hence he know they are being followed , then nero pay the money and leave ( you can tell the man from his hat )

this is very important , cause the guy work for the glassis family and he saw BOTH OF THEM .
so they start their trip , nero remmeber the day 7 years ago , and we got new scene showing a birthday cake ,they blame each other for not killing each other when they had the chance to
later on , they go to the beach , angelo choose the beach cause he saw a poster of it , in the room he was locked in

before i go on , did anyone ask themself why the guards in angelo's room had NO GUNS ?
think about it for a moment , this guy is important to the glassis family , but they put him in a hotel room with 2 guards without guns ? ( fake hand gun lol )
well , the new don KNEW he (nero) would come for angelo , and that is why that man in the last scene ( and in the resturant ) was able to find them , this also explain the discussion between injured angelo and the new don

now let us go back to the beach thing , the scene of nero shotting angelo is the same as the scene when shoting the littel angelo, the dirffrenece here is that after nero close his eyes , he move his aim a bit then open his eyes . now let's go back to EPISODE 4 , remmeber the giant mexican guy ?
It was forshadowing that nero's aim is so bad that he shot 5 bullets and missed the five / this is important because if he was to shot angelo from the same distance ( the giant was close too ) he would need at least couple of shots ,and it is diffrenet in frate case , since he was sitting in a very small room

but that is not all , if you noticed the look into his eyes when he opened them , the look stayed the same after we saw him in the car , then seconds later ( the glassis guy's car passes by ) the serious look change into smile , with him looking at the same frut can that angelo bought in episode 4 , when they had their adventure .
this is because , the glassis guy saw only one ( and this is why the fruit can was sitting in angelo's place ) meaning that the glassis family think angelo is dead since he is no longer with him . i will prove that now too

go back to episode 11 , nero tell the blond dude ( with the glasses ) that avilio ( angelo ) is a like a dead soul after killing his friend and that HE WILL GIVE HIM A REASON TO LIVE FOR
and he explained it to angelo in this episode " you don't need a reason to live, you just live " , meaning he is setting him free .
.now i know what people are going to say : no dumbass he killed him to set him free , cause he found out he should have killed him 7 years and ended his mesury , and that angelo wanted to die !

ok here :
1_ he did not kill him as a murcy . remmeber the talk between nero and his father in episode 10 ? it was showen that the old man told nero that he did the worng choice and he wished that he did not do that
but in return nero told him : family is everything . in episode 11 , the old man tells nero " it was all for nothing " the same verse angelo use infront of nero at ep 12 . so how the fuck would nero who saw that killing bring nothing would kill his friend after he told him he did not kill him because he didn't want to ?
this would ruin the hole theme in the show that revenge would bring nothing , nero had no reason to kill angelo

2_ he killed him cause angelo wanted to die is not true
have you ever met someone or had a friend who comitted suicide ? if you had ( hopefuly not ) you would know that they would lose all thier intersets in things like eating , joking , wanting to go somewhere etc ( not the wanna be suicide , because those basicaly want a better live )
in the episode we saw angelo no longer had the mental breakdown with him seeing his dead friend body , he also played with nero , when he tried to run the car into the tree , they ate in the resturant after nero cut the ropes , they layed back on the road , not to mention that angelo took a look at the beach poster in the hotel room twice ,, that is something a man with zero intention to live wouldn't do ,
we also noticed that he gave his back to nero and start an endless walk, as if asking him to choose what ever he wants to do .( angelo seems to reach a point where he no longer gives a flying fuck , but not suicidal )
Hence , he is now in a stage where he accepts whatever come to him , and nero can tell that after spending couple of days with him .

anyway , the reson why nero couldn't kill angelo when he was young is not because the case is speical , he told angelo in episode 4 that he couldn't kill ANYONE at that time , which made him work hard to gain his father respect
but now the second time, him opening his eyes is meant to show that this time he won't shoot because he is positive that he doesn't want to ( same as angelo )
and this would also be the answer to angelo's question in episode 9 " but you can kill that kid now ! "

in short :

1-tiger hinted how nero and him both gonna end in the beg of episode 12
2- the reason why angelo was easy to being captured , and had guards with no guns is because the glassis don knew nero is coming
3- nero knew he was being follwed by the guy in the resturant all along ( he was looking at him with his right eye )
4- nero wanted to make the glassis think that angelo died
5- nero already mentioned that " i will give angelo a reason to live "
6- the whole " murcy " killing , and that nero thought he should have ended angelo life 7 years ago , go againt his father death speach and everything he saw during the 3 monthes
7- angelo aim is terribel as we saw in episode 4 when shot 5 bullits that couldn't hit the mexican guy.
8- nero's friend ( the blond with the galsses ) knew that nero can't kill angelo that is why when captured him he told tiger " NO DON'T call nero he would not kill him "
9- nero closed his eyes like he did 7 years ago , but later opend it and took his decision , later on he was smiling at the same frute can that angelo bought in episode 4 , after the glassis guy passed him
10 - this was said before but the footsteps hint that angelo never touched the ground
11 - the footsteps means that angelo understood what nero told him ,if we took revenge as his footsteps ( his old reasons to live ) , them vanishing means he was freed from them .

also there was something weired in today's episode , the scene when angelo open his eyes after being beaten by nero , he hears the occens waves !
feel free to discuss
hisokathebutcherOct 10, 2016 4:00 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Oct 5, 2016 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
Nero was still hungry and knew Avilio had that pineapple can. Probably left open-ended for that reason.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Oct 8, 2016 6:33 PM
Sep 2016
I think that in the end Nero may not be able to forgive Angelo, but I do not think he could keep completely hating him after understanding what Angelo's family death did to him. I think that he could smile after seeing the can of pineapples( thinking of Angelo), because he hope 1) if he let him live, maybe now Angelo could move on with his life. 2) If he killed him, hoped that Angelo was finally at peace.

On a funny note the spooky/eerie tune that played as the waves crashed on the shore reminded me a little of the "Dark Shadows " theme song(opening and ending) that also had waves crashing on the shore, too.

One last thing. I find the fact that people ship Angelo and Nero messed up and disturbing. Nero was present when Angeo family was killed and is the son of the man who was responsible for the hit. Angelo: killed two of Nero's close friends, destroyed Nero relationship with his siblings, forced Nero to kill his brother and caused his father to die of shock. Angelo was a false friend to Nero. The fact that he may of felt or develop some feeling of friendship for Nero before or after malicious things he did in episode 7 is disturbing. I think that is something a psychopath would do.
OpalCatOct 8, 2016 7:02 PM
Oct 9, 2016 8:03 PM

May 2015
hisokathebutcher said:
i just finished watching 91 days in 5 days lol , and i must say reading the comment section prove to me that watching 1 episode per week is the reason why people can't seems to grasp the final moments .
i will explain with proofs , basicaly dialouges and scene from the anime , that angelo lived and nero scarficed himself ( shocking , very shocking i know )

okay , first off all , not a singel soul on mal seems to notice that the guy who entered while nero and angleo eating in the resturant is the same guy who was shown in the car in the last scene, in fact if you go now and watch the resturant scene( episode 12 ) minute 15, you can easily see nero looking with the back of his right eye on the man for seconds , hence he know they are being followed , then nero pay the money and leave ( you can tell the man from his hat )

this is very important , cause the guy work for the glassis family and he saw BOTH OF THEM .
so they start their trip , nero remmeber the day 7 years ago , and we got new scene showing a birthday cake ,they blame each other for not killing each other when they had the chance to
later on , they go to the beach , angelo choose the beach cause he saw a poster of it , in the room he was locked in

before i go on , did anyone ask themself why the guards in angelo's room had NO GUNS ?
think about it for a moment , this guy is important to the glassis family , but they put him in a hotel room with 2 guards without guns ? ( fake hand gun lol )
well , the new don KNEW he (nero) would come for angelo , and that is why that man in the last scene ( and in the resturant ) was able to find them , this also explain the discussion between injured angelo and the new don

now let us go back to the beach thing , the scene of nero shotting angelo is the same as the scene when shoting the littel angelo, the dirffrenece here is that after nero close his eyes , he move his aim a bit then open his eyes . now let's go back to EPISODE 4 , remmeber the giant mexican guy ?
It was forshadowing that nero's aim is so bad that he shot 5 bullets and missed the five / this is important because if he was to shot angelo from the same distance ( the giant was close too ) he would need at least couple of shots ,and it is diffrenet in frate case , since he was sitting in a very small room

but that is not all , if you noticed the look into his eyes when he opened them , the look stayed the same after we saw him in the car , then seconds later ( the glassis guy's car passes by ) the serious look change into smile , with him looking at the same frut can that angelo bought in episode 4 , when they had their adventure .
this is because , the glassis guy saw only one ( and this is why the fruit can was sitting in angelo's place ) meaning that the glassis family think angelo is dead since he is no longer with him . i will prove that now too

go back to episode 11 , nero tell the blond dude ( with the glasses ) that avilio ( angelo ) is a like a dead soul after killing his friend and that HE WILL GIVE HIM A REASON TO LIVE FOR
and he explained it to angelo in this episode " you don't need a reason to live, you just live " , meaning he is setting him free .
.now i know what people are going to say : no dumbass he killed him to set him free , cause he found out he should have killed him 7 years and ended his mesury , and that angelo wanted to die !

ok here :
1_ he did not kill him as a murcy . remmeber the talk between nero and his father in episode 10 ? it was showen that the old man told nero that he did the worng choice and he wished that he did not do that
but in return nero told him : family is everything . in episode 11 , the old man tells nero " it was all for nothing " the same verse angelo use infront of nero at ep 12 . so how the fuck would nero who saw that killing bring nothing would kill his friend after he told him he did not kill him because he didn't want to ?
this would ruin the hole theme in the show that revenge would bring nothing , nero had no reason to kill angelo

have you ever met someone or had a friend who comitted suicide ? if you had ( hopefuly not ) you would know that they would lose all thier intersets in things like eating , joking , wanting to go somewhere etc ( not the wanna be suicide , because those basicaly want a better live )
in the episode we saw angelo no longer had the mental breakdown with him seeing his dead friend body , he also played with nero , when he tried to run the car into the tree , that is something a man with zero intention to live wouldn't do
we also noticed that he gave his back to nero and start an endless walk, as if asking him to choose what ever he wants to do .( angelo seems to reach a point where he no longer gives a flying fuck , but not suicidal )
Hence , he is now in a stage where he accepts whatever come to him , and nero can tell that after spending couple of days with him .

anyway , the reson why nero couldn't kill angelo when he was young is not because the case is speical , he told angelo in episode 4 that he couldn't kill ANYONE at that time , which made him work hard to gain his father respect
but now the second time, him opening his eyes is meant to show that this time he won't shoot because he is positive that he doesn't want to ( same as angelo )
and this would also be the answer to angelo's question in episode 9 " but you can kill that kid now ! "

in short :

2- the reason why angelo was easy to being captured , and had guards with no guns is because the glassis don knew nero is coming
3- nero knew he was being follwed by the guy in the resturant all along ( he was looking at him with his right eye )
6- the whole " murcy " killing , and that nero thought he should have ended angelo life 7 years ago , go againt his father death speach and everything he saw during the 3 monthes
7- angelo aim is terribel as we saw in episode 4 when shot 5 bullits that couldn't hit the mexican guy.
8- nero's friend ( the blond with the galsses ) knew that nero can't kill angelo that is why when captured him he told tiger " NO DON'T call nero he would not kill him "
9- nero closed his eyes like he did 7 years ago , but later opend it and took his decision , later on he was smiling at the same frute can that angelo bought in episode 4 , after the glassis guy passed him
10 - this was said before but the footsteps hint that angelo never touched the ground
11 - the footsteps means that angelo understood what nero told him ,if we took revenge as his footsteps ( his old reasons to live ) , them vanishing means he was freed from them .

also there was something weired in today's episode , the scene when angelo open his eyes after being beaten by nero , he hears the occens waves !
feel free to discuss

Wow best explanation I have seen so far... thanks!
Oct 10, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
Quetzaly said:

No problem mato , glad you found it helpful ..
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Oct 10, 2016 10:27 PM

Mar 2013
hisokathebutcher said:
Quetzaly said:

No problem mato , glad you found it helpful ..

Gotta say, you bring up some good points. I think your case is stronger than mine even if there are points for both sides.

OpalCat said:

One last thing. I find the fact that people ship Angelo and Nero messed up and disturbing. Nero was present when Angeo family was killed and is the son of the man who was responsible for the hit. Angelo: killed two of Nero's close friends, destroyed Nero relationship with his siblings, forced Nero to kill his brother and caused his father to die of shock. Angelo was a false friend to Nero. The fact that he may of felt or develop some feeling of friendship for Nero before or after malicious things he did in episode 7 is disturbing. I think that is something a psychopath would do.

I agree that Nero most likely did not think of Avillio as a friend, but he also could no longer think of him as an enemy or with any spite. Nero realized the pain he brought to Avillio and after going through that same pain and watching how Avillio is so miserable, nero realised how pointless all of it was.

Now I think that killing Avillio out of mercy is something that is maybe kind of a reach given all the allusions made by hisokathebutcher , so perhaps he did let Avillio live. If Nero himself died or not is something we can't ever really know.
Oct 11, 2016 5:28 AM

Nov 2014
I still believe that angelo did die in the end though. the last scene of ep 12 after the credits show the footsteps that angelo took and the thing about the footsteps was that it was inconsistent(wide footsteps alternating with short footsteps) which leads me to believe those were the last steps angelo took because he got shot. some might say that there isnt blood but blood doesnt always have to spurt out whenever you get shot
Aug 29, 2023 6:45 AM
Jun 2015
hisokathebutcher said:

okay , first off all , not a singel soul on mal  seems to notice that the guy who entered while nero and angleo eating in the resturant is the same guy who was shown in the car in the last scene, in fact if you go now and watch the resturant scene( episode 12 ) minute 15, you can easily see nero looking with the back of his right eye on the man for seconds , hence he know they are being followed , then nero pay the money and leave ( you can tell the man from his hat )

well , the new don  KNEW he (nero) would come for angelo , and that is why that man in the last scene ( and in the resturant ) was able to find them , this also explain the discussion between injured angelo and the new don

but that is not all , if you noticed the look into his eyes when he opened them , the look stayed the same after we saw him in the car , then seconds later ( the glassis  guy's car passes by ) the serious look change into smile , with him looking at the same frut can that angelo bought in episode 4 , when they had their adventure .
this is because , the glassis guy saw only one ( and this is why the fruit can was sitting in angelo's place  ) meaning that the glassis  family think angelo is dead since he is no longer with him . i will prove that now too

and he explained it to angelo in this episode " you don't need a reason to live,  you just live " , meaning he is setting him free .

ok here :

in the episode we saw angelo no longer had the mental breakdown with him seeing his dead friend body , he also played with nero , when he tried to run the car into the tree , they ate in the resturant after nero cut the ropes , they layed back on the road , not to mention that angelo took a look at the beach poster in the hotel room twice ,, that is something a man with zero intention to live wouldn't do ,

in short :

feel free to discuss

This was very hard to read
Sep 7, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to HollowsPw
hisokathebutcher said:

okay , first off all , not a singel soul on mal  seems to notice that the guy who entered while nero and angleo eating in the resturant is the same guy who was shown in the car in the last scene, in fact if you go now and watch the resturant scene( episode 12 ) minute 15, you can easily see nero looking with the back of his right eye on the man for seconds , hence he know they are being followed , then nero pay the money and leave ( you can tell the man from his hat )

well , the new don  KNEW he (nero) would come for angelo , and that is why that man in the last scene ( and in the resturant ) was able to find them , this also explain the discussion between injured angelo and the new don

but that is not all , if you noticed the look into his eyes when he opened them , the look stayed the same after we saw him in the car , then seconds later ( the glassis  guy's car passes by ) the serious look change into smile , with him looking at the same frut can that angelo bought in episode 4 , when they had their adventure .
this is because , the glassis guy saw only one ( and this is why the fruit can was sitting in angelo's place  ) meaning that the glassis  family think angelo is dead since he is no longer with him . i will prove that now too

and he explained it to angelo in this episode " you don't need a reason to live,  you just live " , meaning he is setting him free .

ok here :

in short :

feel free to discuss

This was very hard to read
@HollowsPw why did you read it then lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.