Forums

Game v3: Final Fantasy Crossover | Game Thread | Game ends - ??? Won

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (54) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2016 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
Holocaster said:
Tacking on a vote and being flippant with it seems like a terrible idea, like "Oh hey guys we can vote cause maybe we'll get lucky but if they flip town oh well better luck next time lel".

Why do people think that this isn't scummy? I don't know why so many people are okay with doing this tbh. I understand the need to want to do something and get something done, but doing it just to do something does not seem like a good reason to me.

Because it gives information and information is what we need. How do you expect to win this without information??'
Well except if you are scum of course.
Sep 25, 2016 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
aa-dono said:
che~ I have 8 minutes. I'll backread later. Who's the leading vote now?
Don't sheep last minute. That is how things go terribly for the town.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 25, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
coromandel said:
Lord_Sithis said:
So, I finished reading. It's not much. First, I think @DenjaX is being scary, he even has a lynching plan. But that's probably him being weird.
There are some players who really haven't done anything to progress the game, like @Lamby.
@coromandel's thinking is not so town to me. He basically thinks that we should lynch someone random. If it flips town, well, bad luck my friend! Nope.
@Suzune-chan seems townie, trying to get some conversation to reveal some scum. Good.
And the thing that worries me the most is the HIGH number of inactive people. In the last couple of games I played, some mafia were inactive and only appeared once in a while to ensure they weren't mod killed. That way they could avoid conversation, but stay in the game. Not a good thing, we should encourage those players to come here and discuss.

So I'm your main/only suspect? Why are you not voting for me, then?
Yep, you're my only real suspect. Besides the inactive players but I'm not voting for someone we know nothing about. But you could also be a town with a different way of playing. Idk really.

May 2014
Suzune-chan said:
aa-dono said:

+1

Only 5 minutes left. It's probably best to leave the votes as they are to avoid a tie - unless reiynii claims his role/character.

Apr 2015
aa-dono said:

Reiynii with 5 votes.

CorruptedPurity said:
_Claire_ said:

What do you mean a lot of time? The phase change is in 9 minutes.

You underestimate time. 7 minutes left but I now know more than 2x what I knew when I still had 13 mins

Well lets see how much you will get.
Also I mean hammer to ensure a lynch. I hate a no-lynch the most.
Sep 25, 2016 8:56 AM

Dec 2014
Due to the hammer, I don't think a vote change from me would impact much anymore. I'll just go back and properly read on Sithis for a clearer image so that I can be of more use in day 2 then.
Sep 25, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2015
Sorry guys that I didn't get to this game earlier I was busier than I thought I'd be anyways I did read the thread carefully and here are my thoughts at the moment.

I have a town lean on Lord_Sithis because he felt genuine to me at the times he said he was annoyed at not being able to find reads in the gamestate which makes a lot of sense given how he is relatively new to the game. He is also like the lowest hanging fruit ever so I'd rather keep him around so the scum can trip all over themselves trying to lynch him later on.

The one scum read that I do have is Holocaster, it is a lean scum read due mostly to the fluffy nature of her posts and how her comments have mostly been on D1 voting in general rather than specific people. There is also the following:

Holocaster said:
We don't know everyone's alliance. I think trains are ridiculous first day because of this. The likelihood of voting for a fellow townie is extremely high and very counter-productive. Which is why I don't ever serious vote on first day because there's just nothing to be voted for.

Holocaster said:
Someone said earlier that there might be 5 mafia? 6? (too lazy to go and find quote) Either way, it's a really low chance of finding scum and extremely high chance of killing townies. I just don't think it's good to be jumping that quickly so early in-game.

Holocaster said:
I understand what you're getting at, but it sucks when you know you're town. And I just don't like the high risk of lynching other townies on the first day, it doesn't sit right with me.

The lady doth protest too much I think, these posts feel a bit over the top with the "Hey look I'm town !" tells.

unvote

vote: Holocaster
Sep 25, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
5 minutes left... OK. I guess I have to change my RVS.

vote: coromandel Not sure if you're mafia, but your "let's lynch someone and see what happens!" thing I don't like.
Sep 25, 2016 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
reiynii said:
I see. It could be troublesome if it's a closed set up then because the mafia could claim any random Final Fantasy character and make up any abilities to paint themselves as townies.
Thank you anyway ^^
Never played Final Fantasy in my life so :)
This was the first thing that made me warry.

Afterwards he continiously showed his concern to lynch a townie DAY1, but didn't come of as honest as Holo.

I honestly don't have the time myself to backread and point out everything, I'm sorry. But that's the big picture.

@corruptedpurity
Sep 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2012
I like how only at the last few minutes, people start to give out reads.
Sep 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
Suzune-chan said:
aa-dono said:
No I'm not gonna sheep. Just istead of reading from where I last stopped. I'm gonna read from most recent.
Seems like reiynii still leading.

And people on train:
me: for info
Vlad & Denja - still random?
Suzune - for info, right?
Claire - she thinks reiynii could be scum.

Sep 25, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
Ugh we only have like 1 minute.
Sep 25, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2014
Karote said:

+1

Can we just all agree to "meet" here at least an hour before phase change next time? >.>

Sep 25, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2015
Time!

Thanks to vanitystar for making it

Dec 2014
@_Claire_
Sure, I agree that a lynch is more impt than no lynch but I hoped that you could leave it to like literally the last minute to hammer. I honestly believe that alot can happen in that time. I'm not blaming you for anything even if the lynch went south, but I'm just saying that I wish I had more time.

Jun 2013
coromandel said:
Karote said:

+1

Can we just all agree to "meet" here at least an hour before phase change next time? >.>
+1

Jun 2009
aa-dono said:
Suzune-chan said:
No I'm not gonna sheep. Just istead of reading from where I last stopped. I'm gonna read from most recent.

And people on train:

Do not be silly, I do not lynch for info. I gave a reason.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 25, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2009
Tingle said:
coromandel said:

+1

+1
I will not ever be here during next phase change. I will be at work...

Dec 2013
Togs said:
Sorry guys that I didn't get to this game earlier I was busier than I thought I'd be anyways I did read the thread carefully and here are my thoughts at the moment.

I have a town lean on Lord_Sithis because he felt genuine to me at the times he said he was annoyed at not being able to find reads in the gamestate which makes a lot of sense given how he is relatively new to the game. He is also like the lowest hanging fruit ever so I'd rather keep him around so the scum can trip all over themselves trying to lynch him later on.

The one scum read that I do have is Holocaster, it is a lean scum read due mostly to the fluffy nature of her posts and how her comments have mostly been on D1 voting in general rather than specific people. There is also the following:

Holocaster said:
We don't know everyone's alliance. I think trains are ridiculous first day because of this. The likelihood of voting for a fellow townie is extremely high and very counter-productive. Which is why I don't ever serious vote on first day because there's just nothing to be voted for.

Holocaster said:
Someone said earlier that there might be 5 mafia? 6? (too lazy to go and find quote) Either way, it's a really low chance of finding scum and extremely high chance of killing townies. I just don't think it's good to be jumping that quickly so early in-game.

Holocaster said:
I understand what you're getting at, but it sucks when you know you're town. And I just don't like the high risk of lynching other townies on the first day, it doesn't sit right with me.

The lady doth protest too much I think, these posts feel a bit over the top with the "Hey look I'm town !" tells.

unvote

vote: Holocaster

Hmm i see your point with this as this is also what i do as scum. Drop intentional 'unintentional' "hey look i'm town" tells. That said it's kinda what i do as town as well because that's what you should be doing irregardless of allignment.

BTW, can we talk during the night or not?

Apr 2015
aa-dono said:
Suzune-chan said:

And people on train:

I dont have even 50% read he could be scum, its just the way lupadim worded his read and vote for you. I thought this might be an attempt to save a scum buddy, also I need to choose between either you/reiynii as it seems you two are the only viable lynch, and nobody wants to do it, rather than a no vote, then I did it myself.
Sep 25, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2009
Togs said:

I thinkith the lady wants some action instead of whining. That just be this lady, opinionth.

Sep 25, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2015
Fuck I was too late. If reiynii is town and Holo is scum sorry guys that one's on me.
Sep 25, 2016 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
CorruptedPurity said:
@_Claire_
Sure, I agree that a lynch is more impt than no lynch but I hoped that you could leave it to like literally the last minute to hammer. I honestly believe that alot can happen in that time. I'm not blaming you for anything even if the lynch went south, but I'm just saying that I wish I had more time.

What do you mean? I am not going to wait until someone ninja-vote it and screw the whole thing up. It happened before, and I always try to ensure a lynch.

What can possibly happened within 10 minutes in Day 1?
Well, even if we had more time, most people are always active hours before phase change.
Sep 25, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2012
Suzune-chan said:
aa-dono said:

And people on train:

Do not be silly, I do not lynch for info. I gave a reason.
I'm sorry. Haven't read all of ém since I was late. Only skimmed through. I'll find it later.

Sep 25, 2016 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
Final votes:
💎 reiynii (5) 💎 | |💎 aa-dono, VladWolfsbane, DenjaX, Suzune-chan, _Claire_ 💎
💎Holocaster (3) 💎 | |💎 wen294, CorruptedPurity,Togs 💎
💎 aa-dono (2) 💎 | |💎 Lamby, , Lupadim 💎
💎 Lord_Sithis (2) 💎 | |💎 Tingle, coromandel 💎
💎 Tingle (2) 💎 | |💎 Gwendolly, Karote 💎
💎 Coromandel (2) 💎 | |💎 ZombieWolf2508, LordSithis 💎
💎Gwendolly (1) 💎 | |💎 reiynii 💎
💎 wen294 (1) 💎 | |💎 Holocaster 💎
💎 SightlessReality (1) 💎 | |💎 SightlessReality 💎

💎 Not Voting 💎:| | 💎 Sodalicious_, TheConquerer, thegoliath 💎

reiynii
was lynched!

He was.....?

› Time until Day 2 ‹

Remember to send night actions to me !

Sep 25, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2012
Holocaster said:
Karote said:

How do you expect to find the evidence?

On the first day I don't expect to find anything unless someone outright says something incriminating.
But you have to actually probe them to find anything.

Sep 25, 2016 9:09 AM

May 2014
@shadroxx2810
Nighttalk is allowed?

Dec 2014
Tingle said:
coromandel said:

+1

+1

+1

Also, I liked the arguement from Togs regarding Holo, I dont feel as bad about my vote now.

@_Claire_
What can possibly happened within 10 minutes in Day 1? Alot of things. And even if someone ninjas in and screw things up, its only day 1 and we have a scum read on said ninja. Look, I'm not going to argue over this. What's done is done, we'll just use whatever info we got today to help with our future lynches.

Dec 2013
@Shadroxx2810
Night talk allowed or not? Can't find it in the rules.
Sep 25, 2016 9:10 AM

Oct 2015
wen294 said:
@Shadroxx2810
Night talk allowed or not? Can't find it in the rules.

Night talking is allowed.

Sep 25, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2015
coromandel said:
@shadroxx2810
Nighttalk is allowed?

Night talking is allowed

Sep 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Dec 2013
Sweet in that case:

Good thing we didn't lose an important power role.
Tbh redirector is often as big a liability for town as it is an asset. The only thing is that it's town alligned so that's a shame but still, could be a lot worse.

Tbh i'm still not entirely sure why that train was a thing to begin with, maybe i missed a page somewhere while doing backreading?
Sep 25, 2016 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
wen294 said:
Sweet in that case:

Tbh redirector is often as big a liability for town as it is an asset. The only thing is that it's town alligned so that's a shame but still, could be a lot worse.

Tbh i'm still not entirely sure why that train was a thing to begin with, maybe i missed a page somewhere while doing backreading?
Actually, his ability could've been very useful for town.
Sep 25, 2016 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
wen294 said:
Sweet in that case:

yeah i know, COULD'VE been.
It can redirect night kills from scum to scum. It can also redirect it to the most important Power Role. It can redirect a vigilante shot on mafia to the doctor. It can prevent doctors from healing properly. It can screw up with a cop and his investigate ability. Just to give an example for the most common town PRs.
Sep 25, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
wen294 said:
Lord_Sithis said:

It can redirect night kills from scum to scum. It can also redirect it to the most important Power Role. It can redirect a vigilante shot on mafia to the doctor. It can prevent doctors from healing properly. It can screw up with a cop and his investigate ability. Just to give an example for the most common town PRs.
He was supposed to use it only on people he suspects are mafia, not on people he suspects are town.
Sep 25, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2016
Togs said:

You voted for me because I'm "too town"?

u srs m8

I was against going on lynch trains precisely because of what just happened.

Delivery â—‹
Portfolio â—‹
Sep 25, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2015
Holocaster said:
Togs said:

You voted for me because I'm "too town"?

u srs m8

I was against going on lynch trains precisely because of what just happened.

Actually I voted you for the exact opposite reason.
Sep 25, 2016 9:39 AM

May 2014
Lord_Sithis said:
wen294 said:

He was supposed to use it only on people he suspects are mafia, not on people he suspects are town.

As if. x3
Do you really assume people are going to use their abilities exactly the way you would? There are about a hundred different strategies when it comes to redirection. Redirectors often hurt town without realizing it.

Sep 25, 2016 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
Can I still post? I'll make this one last post but the host is free to delete it obviously.
I am extremely sad I got lynched during day one but then there's a first to everything, eh.

I live in Canada BC and it's 9am right now, so I went to sleep last night when nobody was making posts thinking that I will wake up to plenty of posts to catch up and reply to but then I made my coffee as I was reading through the comments from my phone on page 5 and then when I checked the countdown, it was over ONLY 24 MINUTES AGO!!!! I could have saved myself somehow by voting to the second most voted or helped you guys by removing the night phase but I guess I also didn't expect for RVS to actually kill me.
I was looking forward to this game too ;-;

Nonetheless, good luck guys ^ ^ )b
♡ I will be watching over you alongside Celes from the heavens ♡

EDIT: Ever since starting to play mafia, I always wanted to be able to say "pardon me friends, I meant not to do it." referring to getting executed (innocently) without being of much help. The were that were also uttered by Marie Antoinette, who is my idol.
reiyniiSep 25, 2016 9:45 AM
Sep 25, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2015
reiynii said:
Can I still post? I'll make this one last post but the host is free to delete it obviously.
I am extremely sad I got lynched during day one but then there's a first to everything, eh.

I live in Canada BC and it's 9am right now, so I went to sleep last night when nobody was making posts thinking that I will wake up to plenty of posts to catch up and reply to but then I made my coffee as I was reading through the comments from my phone on page 5 and then when I checked the countdown, it was over ONLY 24 MINUTES AGO!!!! I could have saved myself somehow by voting to the second most voted or helped you guys by removing the night phase but I guess I also didn't expect for RVS to actually kill me.
I was looking forward to this game too ;-;

Nonetheless, good luck guys ^ ^ )b
♡ I will be watching over you alongside Celes from the heavens ♡

EDIT: Ever since starting to play mafia, I always wanted to be able to say "pardon me friends, I meant not to do it." referring to getting executed (innocently) without being of much help. The were that were also uttered by Marie Antoinette, who is my idol.

I usually allow for one more post after death for something like this as long as its not gameplay related..

Sep 25, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2013
coromandel said:
Karote said:

+1

That's not something I can do as I'll be at work during all Day/Night Phase Changes this week.
Sep 25, 2016 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
Considering that night time talk is allowed it got pretty quiet now lets say this first half. Maybe we should look into this pattern, who strongly was active in the first half and second half during night phase. Well maybe its just the timezone too but it was pretty active within the last lets say 5 hours, so why the change?
<3
Sep 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
wen294 was the only one trying to keep on track after the lynch. So I'll view her/him as neutral for now.
<3
Sep 25, 2016 11:56 AM

Oct 2015
Yo le ho

A new quest has appear :

Your quest is : Write a poem about your favorite Final fantasy character. You will earn 15 exp, 10 gil .

Sep 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2016
shadroxx2810 said:
Yo le ho

A new quest has appear :

Your quest is : Write a poem about your favorite Final fantasy character. You will earn 15 exp, 10 gil .

Does everyone get it, or just the first person to do it?

Delivery â—‹
Portfolio â—‹
Sep 25, 2016 12:00 PM

Oct 2015
Everyone who does it. I will however sleep as well though so ill be counting them when i wake up (class starts at 7am, its 3am here xD)

Holocaster said:
shadroxx2810 said:
Yo le ho

A new quest has appear :

Does everyone get it, or just the first person to do it?

@Holocaster, sorry if you see my name in the edited box. I accidentally press it, too sleepy

Sep 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
I'll be writing an American cinquain, because I suck at poetry.

Tidus
Upbeat, carefree
Loves playing Blitzball
Got my heart aching
Crush
Sep 25, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2014
Gwendolly said:
Considering that night time talk is allowed it got pretty quiet now lets say this first half. Maybe we should look into this pattern, who strongly was active in the first half and second half during night phase. Well maybe its just the timezone too but it was pretty active within the last lets say 5 hours, so why the change?

People usually don't talk much during night phases.

One reason for this is that the mafia has a nightkill. And if people continue the discussion from the day, the mafia may use the information to frame someone.
For example, if you start talking about how you suspect player X (who's actually town), the mafia might try to frame X - by killing you.

So most people stay quiet during the night. ^^

Sep 25, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2014
Tingle said:
I'll be writing an American cinquain, because I suck at poetry.

Tidus
Upbeat, carefree
Loves playing Blitzball
Got my heart aching
Crush

Oh, that's cute. :3

Sep 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
eh, making a poem for final fantasy chars? I hardly know any FF cars. Gonna do one for Sazh from FF XIII as that is the only FF game i've played for more than an hour. (like, 4 in total or so)

The best character is Sazh
because he has lots of Sass
a little birdie in his hair
who used it as a little lair
he had a little boy
who was his life and joy
but all ends in tears and hate
alas, such is fate

Heck that turned out pretty well. Gotta say tho, a poem has to rhyme. It's just not the same when it doesn't rhyme.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (54) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.