Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2016 6:16 PM

Dec 2015
Any series where the MC knows that he/she is an anime character inside an anime.
Preferably comedy but it could be any genre.
"Move as swiftly as the wind"
"Stay as silent as the forest"
"Strike as fierce as the fire"
"Undefeated like the mountain"
Aug 28, 2016 6:18 PM
Apr 2016
FLCL or bakemonogatari they don't ACTUALLY KNOWS but they usually sometimes says things like they're in one (in bakemonogatari is just a sec of 2 or 1 ep)
Aug 28, 2016 6:37 PM

May 2016
Definitely Gintama - fits both criteria
Aug 28, 2016 6:53 PM
Apr 2014
Gintama is the master of the fourth wall in anime. Even so I would call it the Deadpool counterpart for japanese audience.
SalivosaAug 28, 2016 7:18 PM
Aug 28, 2016 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Sounds like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei might be right up your alley.
Aug 28, 2016 7:12 PM

Jun 2015
Seitokai no Ichizon breaks the fourth wall too much, or rather, has no wall to break.
Aug 28, 2016 8:45 PM

May 2015
Gintama and Hayate no Gotoku is what you're looking for I think.
Aug 28, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2016
Gintama, obviously
numerous characters broke the 4th wall numerous times, it even had an arc about character popularity

D-Frag! and Binbougami ga!! did that sometimes, but not as much as Gintama

Aug 28, 2016 9:24 PM

May 2012
It crops up in Oh! Edo Rocket from time to time. Episode 15 has the whole cast talking to the audience about things like how scenes will be translated for foreign audiences. Watch until the OP begins, then quit if you think you might watch the whole show someday. There aren't any spoilers in the part I'm suggesting.

SeijiSenseiAug 28, 2016 9:28 PM
Aug 29, 2016 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out Seitokai, Excel and D-frag.I Might get back to gintama too, didn't watch much of it.
"Move as swiftly as the wind"
"Stay as silent as the forest"
"Strike as fierce as the fire"
"Undefeated like the mountain"
Aug 29, 2016 7:18 AM

Oct 2015
Maybe it happens just once (am not finished with the show myself), but since it is an outstanding comedy-SoL anyways, I'll mention Azumanga Daioh.

For what it's worth, it happens in episode 10 : "Class Shuffle", and of course it is by Tomo being her usual insensitive self.
Ep.10 is generally among my favourite episodes so far (what with Chiyo's "senpai allure attack" alone :D), but of course I recommend watching the whole thing from the beginning.

-------------------------
Maybe someone else can explain how much of this really happens in Excel Saga - I myself had to put it "on hold" very early in, since it is much too fast* for me to properly follow.
Iirc. already in the first episode Excel either kills the mangaka herself or she fails to keep him from being killed, the show then has to be "reset", and ... I don't really know, it was all so fast, and really absurd.

*I refer to Excel's talking - I admire the English-dub voice actress's achievement, but it is beyond my ability to follow; and any subs I found were not in congruence with the (English) dub, so for me they more confused than helped.

----------------------
ShinobiKai said:
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out Seitokai, Excel and D-frag.I Might get back to gintama too, didn't watch much of it.

huh? did not see anyone mentioning Excel Saga.
bah, so what if I mentioned it again. can't hurt. :p

SeijiSensei said:

[-yt]9xV6wr3uRCc[/yt]

Funimation youtube videos are region-blocked - though maybe not for Brazil.
:(
BannoBunka_snorkAug 29, 2016 7:29 AM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
18 minutes ago

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 3 hours ago

1 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
43 minutes ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
1 hour ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.