Forum Settings
Forums

Is putting anime pictures as your avatar Weeaboo behavior?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 4, 2016 7:27 AM

Mar 2016
SunnyOWX said:
weebs are ppl who really likes anime but as a NEET

I'd say otaku, NEET, and hikikomori are all similar terms. Weeaboo doesn't fit in.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 4, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
I think it's fine for MAL, YT, and Twitter. I suppose some people find it a little fishy if you keep your face hidden. Since FB and Instagram are more personal, I guess people IRL expect to find pictures of you.

But if people know what you look like irl, who cares. Do what pleases you o:
Aug 4, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2015
I only use personal photos in WhatsApp because I like being in the anonimate. Come on, I don't even have my real name in the account that I use. And if anyone tells me anything about it, I just ignore them. You can put in your avatar everything, and is your account, not of them.
Aug 4, 2016 8:26 AM

Aug 2015
I'm Asian so I don't think I can be considered a weeb. I'm an otaku
Aug 4, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
Just because you have an anime photo you are not a weeaboo. Weeaboo's are generalized more by their personality than just a picture. I don't think it matters what website you use either Facebook, Twitter, MAL, no one can determine you are a weeb just for a picture. Facebook may be more personal but your friends and family should already know what you look like and some people might put an anime picture there just so some people can't find them. A weeb is determined by personality so no one should worry about what others think. If they make fun of you for it then ignore them. You do you.
Aug 4, 2016 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
Well it's better than putting your pp as your 87654567# selfie you know?
Aug 4, 2016 10:49 AM

Feb 2011

this post is meant for triggering...
Aug 4, 2016 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
Well, If you're on MAL then why the fuck not since you're already a filthy weeb. I don't understand the guys on Facebook though.
Aug 4, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2016
Honestly, I disagree with that. I sometimes had my profile picture as anime even before I liked it because I thought it was a cute picture. Putting an anime character as your profile picture absolutely does not make you a weeaboo. Weeaboos are people who think they're asian, when they're really aren't.
Aug 4, 2016 11:35 AM

Nov 2013
If it's for an anime forum, sure. If it's for your facebook account you might be a weeb.
Aug 4, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2015
It's doesn't mean your a weeaboo. It's means your an otaku. A weeabo is the definition who is obsessed with Japanese culture, attempts to act like a Japanese and in result disrespects Japanese culture without even knowing it. Putting an avatar pic for your profile pic doesn't make you a weeaboo. There's nothing wrong with it.
Aug 4, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
On here or a gaming forum it wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't think anything about it. If we're talking Facebook then yeah I'd probably say that's more weeaboo behavior but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't personally do it cause I try to keep my Facebook more professional looking
BigT232Aug 4, 2016 1:02 PM

Add me on League of Legends: BigT - NA Server
Aug 4, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
I don't think it matters. People can have what they want.
I remember setting my profile picture as cars on some places such as YouTube, so i guess that means i'm a transformer or something. ;)
Aug 4, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2015
I don't care I use anime pics on just about every site I am on. I don't care if someone calls me a weeb lol.
Aug 4, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
I use an anime picture on pretty much every forum i use. Last time i checked i don't fake being asian or have an huge obsession with the Japanese culture. So far i haven't been called a weeabo but i still wouldn't give a crap if i was called one.
Aug 4, 2016 2:53 PM

Sep 2015
I can't possibly fathom why people would even care so much in the first place? When I see people with a picture of an animal, a car, a celebrity, a character from a cartoon / anime / game / whatever the fuck it's from, etc I just think to myself that they're simply exhibiting one of their favourite hobbies / things / etc. A friend of mine used to be obsessed with Monster Hunter; he posted OSTs from it, pictures from it, had all his profile pictures of it and the like. Never thought anything of it other than that he was a monster hunter fan.

Personally back in my teen years I mostly used it to share songs I was listening to. If you scrolled down my wall it was a mix of comments from other people and tons of Youtube links. Sometimes I used a profile picture of myself, sometimes I used the logo of one of my favourite bands. What did that do? Well, it gave people a lot of insight into my likes and interests without having to delve too deep. As soon as they loaded up my wall they got a good idea of me. I look at profile pictures being of something other than one's own face simply as an extension of their interests. I don't agree with the arbitrary notion that it has to be a picture of yourself.

Social media's a great thing, in the way that you can use it however the fuck you want to use it. Some people upload 50 baby pictures every day. Some people post pictures of them getting smashed every weekend. Some people use it just to keep in touch with friends. Some use it to share funny pictures and videos. I really couldn't care less about the ways other people use it, nor do I see why I should even care in the first place.

I mean, if people seriously have a problem with you not using your own picture and speak out about it, thank them. Thank them for showing themselves up to be judgemental pieces of shit who aren't worth your time. Thank them because they made it very easy to filter out some of the filth clogging up your so-called 'friend' list. If someone's on your friend list purely because they're the friend of your 3rd sister's ex-boyfriend from 4 years ago who she met through someone else....Well why would you even give a shit in the first place? But aside from that, just remove them. Same for all the other people on your list who're there just because you shared a class with them that one time. You can break your list down into 3 general groups - people you know, your actual friends, and your relatives (this is predicated on the idea that you don't just add fucking every person there is on Facebook and have 1k + 'friends').

People who start giving you shit for such trivial matters are not your friends, so you can safely remove them. I don't see someone's family doing it, but even if they did, just block them too. You're left with just your friends, who, surprise surprise, probably know what you look like and therefore have no need for you to have a profile picture of yourself.

I dunno, I think the entire thing's a load of bollocks. I do not understand why people should be crucified for expressing their hobbies. Bunch of cunts, really. You shouldn't care, period.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 4, 2016 6:31 PM

Jun 2016
Not really, just don't expect people to take you seriously

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 4, 2016 7:29 PM

Jun 2016
no. on some sites i think it would be better not to, since youre meant to use photos of yourself but otherwise who cares
Scream!
Aug 4, 2016 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
Short answer: nope.

Long answer: Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously though, you will be confused with one and called with a weeaboo, but by definition, a person is only a weeaboo when they consider Japan to be better than paradise and are infatuated with Japanese culture.
Aug 4, 2016 9:00 PM
May 2014
In a social media account of you, I don't reccomend you to use anime profile pict. unless its an japan / Anime or similar page.

people saying that "who cares about other?" are basically what weabs do. they dont care about other. we are a social creature so WE DO have to care about other. hikki wont even survive a day without other people

and mostly my friends who has a anime profile pict. are not really socials with people or just keep silent and wear those headset when we were gathering and should be chit chat instead!

I also like anime, I watched a lot. but that doesn't mean you have to bring that outside. you hated it if people talks to you in scientific words that you dont understand a bit? thats how people sees you if you let out all your "anime-fever".

Every people should have a personal hobby , be it a idol , k-pop , drama , anime , sport etc. but keep it "personal" or maybe share it to people who actually have similar hobby. if you want to share it , share something more "neutral" that can be accepeted by everyone. you remember the time that everybody knows and accept DBZ despite its an anime material?

dont be like , posting lewd , harem , loli a bit of NSFW pict. and those are flying around your friend timeline. and most of the time , the one that shared this is the one with "anime" profile pict. MAN! remember you're a social creature!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

10 by Ten »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
20 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.