Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 15, 2016 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
I never understood the whole elitist attitude of some anime fans, look if you don't like Dubs thats fine but know that there are ALOT of fans that do enjoy dubs, some even prefer Dubs over Subs because they like the English language more, its just how things are.

I've watched alot of anime over the span of 3 years, yes I've not really been around the whole anime scene for that long but I have alot of time to kill so I've watched alot of them lol

Anyways I watch anime in Dubbed 99% of the time, with some exceptions to subs like JoJo which is one of the only shows I've watched Subbed honestly, personally I enjoy dubs because its easy to watch and I can multitask while watching aswell if I need to, its just how it is, also I hate having to look down and read all the time, I watch anime to RELAX, not read. My reading abilities aren't that fast, they never were honestly so when I watched JoJo as much as I loved it in subbed I found myself pausing from time to time cause I didn't get to read what they said lol.

I just want Sub watchers and Dub watchers to get along, why get angry about someones preference on what they prefer if it doesn't really affect you in any way.

Subs are great
Dubs are great
people just have a different taste and preference thats all

Now to the main subject yes I too would love to see a Dub for this show as its been on my list to watch ever since it got pretty popular so with the popularity of it alone I'm sure it will get a dub, although it may take a year so just be patient and watch other shows in the meantime :)
Nov 16, 2016 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
xboxgamer969 said:
I never understood the whole elitist attitude of some anime fans, look if you don't like Dubs thats fine but know that there are ALOT of fans that do enjoy dubs, some even prefer Dubs over Subs because they like the English language more, its just how things are.

I've watched alot of anime over the span of 3 years, yes I've not really been around the whole anime scene for that long but I have alot of time to kill so I've watched alot of them lol

Anyways I watch anime in Dubbed 99% of the time, with some exceptions to subs like JoJo which is one of the only shows I've watched Subbed honestly, personally I enjoy dubs because its easy to watch and I can multitask while watching aswell if I need to, its just how it is, also I hate having to look down and read all the time, I watch anime to RELAX, not read. My reading abilities aren't that fast, they never were honestly so when I watched JoJo as much as I loved it in subbed I found myself pausing from time to time cause I didn't get to read what they said lol.

I just want Sub watchers and Dub watchers to get along, why get angry about someones preference on what they prefer if it doesn't really affect you in any way.

Subs are great
Dubs are great
people just have a different taste and preference thats all

Now to the main subject yes I too would love to see a Dub for this show as its been on my list to watch ever since it got pretty popular so with the popularity of it alone I'm sure it will get a dub, although it may take a year so just be patient and watch other shows in the meantime :)

^^^ this guy gets it
Nov 19, 2016 5:25 PM

Aug 2016
Plenty of people only watch dubs.

I have a huge interest in watching Re:zero, but I won't be watching it til it gets a dub. Or if a year or two passes without news of a dub.
Dec 14, 2016 2:08 PM
Aug 2015
I am hoping that this anime series get a English dubbed version
Dec 14, 2016 2:52 PM
Nov 2013
I would assume that this is one of the shows that dubbing companies are fighting over at the moment (mainly due to its popularity).

Since Crunchyroll has a deal with Kadokawa, I hope they license it and leave the dubbing to Funimation (or vice versa). Both the Texas and LA pool of actors have some awesome people who would pull off great performances if this is the case. But who knows, I'm not an expert..
Dec 31, 2016 6:20 PM
Jun 2016
Sorry about all the elitists. To answer your question properly: the new deal between Crunchyroll and Funimation, which includes the dubbing of series that are several months to several years old, as well as the show basically being the defining anime of 2016 (in terms of popularity, NOT quality), makes it very likely there will be a dub. I'm hoping for Micah Solusod as Subaru, Jad Saxton as Emilia, and Bryn Apprill as Rem.
Jan 15, 2017 5:39 AM
Aug 2016
Johnny Yong Bosch would make a perfect Subaru. If you've watched Code Geass you'll see why. But if you don't like Yohnny, many you'll like the new voice actors doing him. And while the Japanese sub version was very good, as a dub watcher myself I can see a dub version being as good as it.
Jan 17, 2017 9:48 AM
Jan 2017
I hink you people who,only watch b and write dub off are foolish lets take a for instance what if anime was an eglish creation then every one will write off sub it's a matter of finding to be honest like with gohst stories they had non so the dub was a joke iteraly but I've seen the intense moments in Tokyo goul both in dub and dub the emotion is there the intense feeling just a different language I don't descriminat imbrace

#100% dub
Jan 24, 2017 1:44 AM

Jun 2016
How has nothing been announced yet!?
Jan 31, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
lol to all the dub watchers, you're missing out on alot of shows just because you're too lazy to read. Keijo got a dub so that says something on what sells, not expecting this trash to get a dub anytime soon.
Jan 31, 2017 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Since people seem to care about this and OP probably wants a quick yes or no answer, I'll try to keep this simple.

Also, I'm not here to flame you for not wanting to watch the almighty subbed anime, however by being dub only you miss a lot of really great shows, so if you ever desire to get your feet wet in the act of reading translations at the bottom of screens I'd recommend it.

Anyway, SHORT VERSION:
Re:Zero needs a licensor to get a dub, which it lacks.
Does Re:Zero have a licensor who hasn't said anything yet? Probably.
If it is licensed, is Re:Zero getting a dub? Definitely.
How long are you going to have to wait for the said dub? Probably a while.

LONG VERSION:
To get a dub Re:Zero needs a licensor, which it currently does not have, unless it's the rare case where Netflix has the streaming rights and they dubbed it under their "Netflix original" blanket. Crunchyroll has Re:Zero's streaming rights, so that answers that...

Rumors have been circulating that it's been licensed, though. I'm willing to bet that it got swept up somewhere in the Crunchy/Funi partnership especially considering after it was announced Funimation went back and dubbed stuff from both seasons Re:Zero aired during. Kadokawa, Re:Zero's publisher, also has a deal with Crunchyroll so this is probably the case. Granted there's no way Japan's letting this cash cow go for cheap. There's always the possibility that they're charging an absurd amount of money for it or that Re:Zero's stuck in some licensing war like the one Viz had with HxH 2011 for what, two years?

If it is licensed then someone's sitting on said license and not saying anything, maybe cause they want broadcasting rights (gotta milk Re:Zero too if you have such a massive title) and Toonami likes all of their shows to be secrets until reveal, so...

Anyway, if it's licensed I'm 100% promising you it's getting a dub. As previously mentioned Re:Zero is going to make whoever has it a lot of money considering how popular it already is in the Western community and slapping on a dub onto the title to drive up the price would make a lot of sense. I mean, people are going to buy it anyway, may as well drain the fans of their money cause the word "dub" is on it.

Though this is all speculation and there's no news, so you're going to be waiting months, if not years, for that dub of yours. Is it worth it? Up to you. Honestly, if you're willing to try out subs Re:Zero's a good starter show -- easy to understand dialogue and plot, pretty good Japanese voice cast -- no harm in rewatching a show in dub if that's what you really want to do.
게임을 하면 이겨야지.
Feb 24, 2017 1:05 PM
May 2016
I always root for a good dub. That increases the anime's popularity in the west. Would FMA have gotten a 2nd anime and now a live action film if the dub wasn't so popular overseas? Maybe, maybe not. But it helps. It sells more DVDs, more manga. More eyeballs on the product. Always a good thing.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of good dubs. I think it's because anime does not get the best actors America has to offer. They're doing movies & TV, or at least when it comes to voice actors they're doing American cartoons or video games. Also anime does not air on TV as much... so maybe there's "less effort" involved.

But I'm gonna root that Re:Zero get licensed by someone that shows it a lot of love. It's a perfect fit for Adult Swim. I feel like it could be as popular as FMA was if the dub is just as good.
Feb 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
Zero. Only Japan and weebs like bad anime.
Feb 24, 2017 1:25 PM

Jun 2016
I think it will definitely get a dub soon since it's so popular right now. Funimation dubs so many anime these days, so I wouldn't be surprised if they licensed Re:zero.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Feb 24, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2016
moodie said:
MasterHavik said:
Any quote to back this up? Most studios are fine with their work being dub into other languages.
Lmfao studios don't care if their work is dubbed or not its not up to them to decide and they don't even care. All they do is give in a finished project weekly because thats what they are paid to do.

If I remember right, Madhouse was strict about the Hellsing Ultimate dub (For stupid things, such as Alucard's name)
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Mar 17, 2017 9:59 PM
Mar 2017
My 2 cents on this is, I hate dub. But I want it to be dubbed so a DvD can be released since most BD/Dvds include the original japanese and sub on it.
Apr 7, 2017 6:10 AM
Apr 2017
There are Anime fans that have disabilities that make watching a sub very difficult, and will only watch a dubbed anime. I have 2 friends that have Macular Degeneration and they cannot watch a subbed anime and keep up.

It is Pompous and asinine to think that just because you do not like dubbed that is should never happen. I personally prefer the subbed,a nd feel a dub looses a lot of the intended voice over inflections, but that is my personal opinion and I will not try to force my beliefs and/or opinions on anyone else.

I believe dubbed anime play a pivotal role in bringing people into anime that otherwise would never even think about watching it. Or people that cannot read the words ont he screen because of a personal disability.

And yes, I would love to see Re:Zero Dubbed, along with Gate as well.
Apr 17, 2017 4:56 AM
Mar 2016
I know this is an older thread but I just wanna throw my opinion out there on this anime getting a dub.

I would love to see it dubbed, however I think they need to be very careful with who they cast. It's not your average anime and it definitely requires very good and very believe voice acting. Not saying dubbed voice acting is bad, I mainly watch dubbed but the most popular voice actors I don't think would cut it. I've not seen it subbed yet but my friends said it's basically torture of Subaru so he's going to need a voice actor who's not only believable but can pull off the screams, the anguish and the emotion. It's like any tv show/movie. If you cast the wrong people, regardless of the story, the whole thing is a disaster. I honestly don't know who'd pull it off from the VA's I know. Maybe they'll cast brand new people, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially if they find someone who is believable enough.

I know the anime looks pretty from clips I've seen but I think the voice acting will be the deciding factor if it does get a dub. I don't care for the argument between subbed and dubbed. Most of the elitest idiots don't speak a word of Japanese anyway so they can't even comment on the Japanese voice acting being better because they don't even understand the language. I just ignore them, no point in arguing with a brick wall, you're only just wasting your time. I'm hoping for dub and I prefer dubbed in most cases, but that's just me :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2017 7:38 AM

Jun 2016
AyElCee said:
I know this is an older thread but I just wanna throw my opinion out there on this anime getting a dub.

I would love to see it dubbed, however I think they need to be very careful with who they cast. It's not your average anime and it definitely requires very good and very believe voice acting. Not saying dubbed voice acting is bad, I mainly watch dubbed but the most popular voice actors I don't think would cut it. I've not seen it subbed yet but my friends said it's basically torture of Subaru so he's going to need a voice actor who's not only believable but can pull off the screams, the anguish and the emotion. It's like any tv show/movie. If you cast the wrong people, regardless of the story, the whole thing is a disaster. I honestly don't know who'd pull it off from the VA's I know. Maybe they'll cast brand new people, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially if they find someone who is believable enough.

I know the anime looks pretty from clips I've seen but I think the voice acting will be the deciding factor if it does get a dub. I don't care for the argument between subbed and dubbed. Most of the elitest idiots don't speak a word of Japanese anyway so they can't even comment on the Japanese voice acting being better because they don't even understand the language. I just ignore them, no point in arguing with a brick wall, you're only just wasting your time. I'm hoping for dub and I prefer dubbed in most cases, but that's just me :)

It's a shame MAL doesnt have a "like" feature, because I would give you a nice thumbs up.
Apr 20, 2017 8:43 PM
Apr 2016
nobody in america has licensed the show yet and when or if it gets licensed, it then depends on the licensor to do a dub or not like for example, funimation dubs 99.99% of all anime they license while for example sentai filmworks has a 1/6 chance of getting dubbed, there's also licensors who almost never release dubs like NIS America and viz media
May 6, 2017 4:09 AM
May 2017
Considering it's a popular anime and the studio gets revenue for licensing it to be dubbed it'll most probably happen. it may even take 2 years but probability is still high
May 10, 2017 10:52 PM
Apr 2017
moodie said:
TheDersEffect19 said:

I'm not looking for your elitist opinion on dubs vs subs, I personally prefer a dub if done right and am looking for insight in to how that process moves forward.
Its not getting a dub thats final.

Mod Edit: Modified post

the funny thing is, its been announced that its getting a dub, poor little elitist, some of us have difficulty with sub for two different reasons, either a we dont like trying to read while a fight is going on, or b (currently me) we have problems that make it difficult to read (mine is a newly formed medical condition that a cure has yet to be found for, i work around it currently by zooming in to 225% on the computer, donest work for videos though) theres also been times where the dub turns out better than the sub as far as voices go, sorry you think you're better because you only watch anime in one way
As someone who isn't new to anime i know this.
May 10, 2017 10:55 PM
Apr 2017
idontknowwhat said:

I have a huge interest in watching Re:zero, but I won't be watching it til it gets a dub. Or if a year or two passes without news of a dub.

personally i do recommend watching both versions, why, because stuff gets lost in translation, there are somethings i find in subs that i dont find in dubs and vice versa, its never anything massively important, but it adds to the story and i can appreciate it more
May 21, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2016
blaster56745 said:
idontknowwhat said:

personally i do recommend watching both versions, why, because stuff gets lost in translation, there are somethings i find in subs that i dont find in dubs and vice versa, its never anything massively important, but it adds to the story and i can appreciate it more

At this point I might watch it just because there still isnt a dub. It's been quite a while since I made that post.
May 23, 2017 10:08 AM

Feb 2016
I hope there isn't a dub.
Re zero just wont work without the amazing jp VAs and you can not top beetlejuice and subaru VAs with shitty dubs who have no emotion in their voice. You can feel in Subaru's voice he is suffering.
A dub cant pull it off.

May 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Aug 2016
Yourlolm said:
I hope there isn't a dub.
Re zero just wont work without the amazing jp VAs and you can not top beetlejuice and subaru VAs with shitty dubs who have no emotion in their voice. You can feel in Subaru's voice he is suffering.
A dub cant pull it off.

I'm really sick of your kind of people.

I mean, god damn it, I know some people don't like dubs. But some people only watch dubs.

If you don't like dubs, then don't watch them.

Also: There are dubs that have surpassed the original (Cowboy Bebop, Baccano). Not common, but there are.

May 28, 2017 11:55 PM
Apr 2017
idontknowwhat said:
blaster56745 said:

At this point I might watch it just because there still isnt a dub. It's been quite a while since I made that post.

as someone who does prefer the dubs, i would still recommend watching the subbed, its pretty well done, also this show kinda needs to be watched twice it feels like, watched it a second time with a friend and caught a lot of things i missed the first run thru
May 29, 2017 2:15 AM
Jan 2017
in coments of dub vs sub id rather listen to a broken translation than play beat the clock with guess what abroken translation as for the dub probobly the anmaton style is modern and frome what i know it was well receved in japan wich mns it may do well overseas bty i watch both depending on avalability and wheni decide to learn to fluently speak and read japaneese ill be better than all of you and watch it raw at least thats how sub fans see it dont descriinate ebrace
Jun 29, 2017 3:44 AM
Dec 2016
Fitts said:
Lol the dub would suck.

For week eyes People It would be useful (dub)
Jul 14, 2017 5:02 AM
Jul 2017
I'm fairly certain that it will get a dub
and I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I'M NOT NEW TO ANIME just a little quote i found

honestly i don't really care either way but i would like to see how they dub some of the characters

one last thing for you guys that are saying hopefully it never gets a dub... why? does it affect the sub version? does it get rid of it forever or even at all? sure i know "subs over dubs" right? but i just never saw the reason in complaining about it if there's already a sub but, anyways back to my question so if any of you could tell me why it affects you please do and i don't want the classic it's an insult to the show deal i want a ligament reason.

i only posted this because my blind son doesn't know Japanese so he can't understand what's going on unless it's dubbed English.
Jul 14, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2016
Sukamo said:
I'm fairly certain that it will get a dub
and I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I'M NOT NEW TO ANIME just a little quote i found

honestly i don't really care either way but i would like to see how they dub some of the characters

one last thing for you guys that are saying hopefully it never gets a dub... why? does it affect the sub version? does it get rid of it forever or even at all? sure i know "subs over dubs" right? but i just never saw the reason in complaining about it if there's already a sub but, anyways back to my question so if any of you could tell me why it affects you please do and i don't want the classic it's an insult to the show deal i want a ligament reason.

i only posted this because my blind son doesn't know Japanese so he can't understand what's going on unless it's dubbed English.

Amen bro. I would think that any way to increase revenue in the anime industry would be a good thing. Why would someone not want that?
Jul 15, 2017 4:44 AM
Jul 2017
ya and it really helps with those people who can't read for any reason at all
Jul 16, 2017 8:30 AM
Jul 2017
Ok this is my first time on stuff like this but i just wanted to say this i love dub and i the reason is because i cant read that good and I get confused on who's talking if it's subbed. I would love to watch subbed anime and I've tried so many times but I don't understand what's going on and there's words I can't read and I don't know the meaning of so even if people out there hate dub put other people down because they watch dub and not sub and they never ask why that is people should consider other people out there that can't do things most people can I'm sorry if you took offence to this I didn't mean it in a bad way or to offend you guys I'm just saying it from my perspective I have troubles finding dub and I'm trying my hardest to read to watch sub so it'd be nice if I could make more dub even if you do say there's not going to be a dub and that's final I'm sorry and thank you for reading
Jul 16, 2017 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
GodSlayer_98 said:
Ok this is my first time on stuff like this but i just wanted to say this i love dub and i the reason is because i cant read that good and I get confused on who's talking if it's subbed. I would love to watch subbed anime and I've tried so many times but I don't understand what's going on and there's words I can't read and I don't know the meaning of so even if people out there hate dub put other people down because they watch dub and not sub and they never ask why that is people should consider other people out there that can't do things most people can I'm sorry if you took offence to this I didn't mean it in a bad way or to offend you guys I'm just saying it from my perspective I have troubles finding dub and I'm trying my hardest to read to watch sub so it'd be nice if I could make more dub even if you do say there's not going to be a dub and that's final I'm sorry and thank you for reading

Reconsider the change of entertainment medium then dude.
Jul 16, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
GodSlayer_98 said:

Reconsider the change of entertainment medium then dude.

I have lots of different entertainment but i love anime the most :). Im hoping i understood what you were trying to say they're the entertainment that I do is gaming
Jul 16, 2017 9:57 AM

Mar 2010
GodSlayer_98 said:

No need to apologize about anything. Lots of people have different reason for wanting dubs, some of being medical related is absolutely fair.
Jul 18, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2017
Honestly they will come out with a dub it's too popular to not, it's like have naruto or some other anime that's popular not getting dubbed like naruto has so many episodes it was hard to dub but it's a yes for them coming out with a dubbed version, there out 4 money that's it.
Oct 29, 2017 10:34 AM
Oct 2017
Okay i'm sorry about this but to all you stupid fuckwads that don't understand Japanese and watch the Japanese over the the one in your language because "the voice acting is better" no its fucking not you won't know what the hell they are saying without fucking subtitles. I mean sure it probably is better if you understand the other fucking language. Thank you for your time now go watch anime in your language or in subtiles and have a good whatever the time is now.
Nov 5, 2017 10:11 PM

Aug 2016
Here's some of who I'd try to cast:

Mark Hamill for Betelgeuse
Crispin Freeman for Roswaal
Brina Palencia for Ram or Rem
Shelley Calene-Black for Elza

Maybe, Bryce Papenbrook for Subaru?

ProZD and Hank Azaria for everyone else.
There is a deepness in the sky. So high, so low, so many things to know.
Nov 8, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
I don't really care if we get a dub or not I just want some sort of english subtitle release. Currently the japanese released blu-rays don't have any subtitles at all, but are region free. Would be nice to add to home collection.
Jan 8, 2018 6:09 PM
Jan 2018
Apparently, it's been announced in 2018 (no announced month/day from what I've seen). This is for people that haven't heard, so don't reply to me saying "We know".
Jan 8, 2018 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
I'm surprised it doesn't have one yet
Mar 18, 2018 7:54 PM
Jun 2017
FUNimation has officially announced the English dub this year!
Mar 19, 2018 4:26 PM
Jul 2017
I just pre ordered my limited edition, I’ve already seen it but I want to show it to my sisters who only watch dub
Mar 20, 2018 10:04 PM

May 2016
The English dub of Re: Zero will be shown for the first time at Sakura-con on March 30th.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Mar 21, 2018 7:26 PM

Mar 2010
Warsloth said:

You check out out the actually VA and see what you think:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-04/funimation-announces-re-zero-anime-english-dub-cast/.128497
Mar 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Aug 2016
Jagd84 said:
Warsloth said:

You check out out the actually VA and see what you think:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-04/funimation-announces-re-zero-anime-english-dub-cast/.128497

I saw that an I was really surprised to see a lot of names I'm not familiar with.

I think they are trying to diversify VA casts so it's not the same 5 VA's over and over.
There is a deepness in the sky. So high, so low, so many things to know.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.