Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2016 7:05 PM

May 2016
So I just finished watching the tv show, all 12 episodes. I loved it. Usually with things I love I tend to go out and buy the blu rays.

So I have seen that there are movies as well. It would be considerably cheaper for me to buy the movies rather than the set of tv show blu rays.

My question is, are the movies just as good as the TV show? Better? Worse? Let me know your opinions. Im willingly to buy anything, but might do the movies or the TV show.
Mar 19, 2017 8:39 PM
Jan 2017
Well even though this is old I'll answer anyway. The first two movies are exactly the same as the TV series, with a few of the animations redone better and a few minor scenes cut, like Madoka's dream in episode 1. The third movie is a sequel to the TV series and first two movies, and it's quite good, I'm sure you enjoyed it if you had seen it. For anyone else who has a similar problem, they should get the movies.
Jun 1, 2017 10:34 PM

Oct 2011
Thanks for replying. I was actually going to ask the exact same thing.

Didn't watch either the series nor the movies.

Is it worth it seeing both the serries first, then the movies? Or it's a waste of time and I should go straight for the movies? (or skip movie 1 & 2, watch the series, then watch movie 3)
Dec 16, 2017 10:53 PM

Aug 2017
@Me262
Actually, I watched the series first, than watche the third movie, then the first and second movie beforehand re-watching the third movie.
May be confusing but yeah, watch the series, than watch movie 1&2 if you want (you can’t skip but it adds details and new beautiful soundtracks, and higher quality art, even though some important scenes are not in the movies), THEN watch the third movie, it’s a sequel to the series / previous movies.
Hope that helps you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 1: Hajimari no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Oct 6, 2012

165 by Biisoo »»
Apr 16, 6:43 AM

» Are the movies still watchable even for someone who never enjoyed the main series?

TheRailTracerMAL - May 11, 2019

4 by KaeraNyu »»
Feb 22, 2022 3:33 PM

» Are the movies the same as the TV series, are they worth watching?

smooki91 - Jul 25, 2013

8 by DinoPapiro »»
Aug 2, 2021 3:11 AM

» Can i watch without watching the main series

TiagoKobata - Sep 20, 2020

1 by JomyS »»
Sep 20, 2020 4:15 PM

» Dubs good?

krudtso - Oct 18, 2015

4 by spacebro »»
Nov 10, 2015 6:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.