Forum Settings
Forums

Manga where a character/the main characters aren't quite right in the head

New
Jul 1, 2016 11:53 PM
Jun 2015
For whatever reason, I love manga where a character is either messed in the head or acts that way. A lot of the time these are psychological manga but they don't need to be. A character could be normal at the start and turn crazy or vice versa. Maybe they have a good reason for being a little whacky. Or maybe they have some sort of mental issue that they need help getting over.
I'd really like some recommendations for manga like this, and to give you a better idea of what I mean, here's the kind of manga I've read and liked:

-Oyasumi Punpun: Punpun develops into a sad and confused individual often unhappy with himself and the world as a result of his upbringing
-Aku no Hana: Main character goes crazy from going through the seemingly never ending hell his classmate puts him through by blackmailing him
-Onanie Master Kurosawa: Kurosawa is a masturbating Light Yagami.
-NHK ni Youkoso!: Satou and the other characters all suffer from some sort of mental illness that they struggle to move through their lives with and has many psychological elements

So if anyone has any suggestions for me to read, I'd be very happy. Assuming I get any, I'll choose some to read and tell you what I think about it :)
Jul 2, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2014
LOL, I love that type of manga too. Perhaps some of these manga fits your requirements:

- Monster
- Panorama of Hell
- Kyou Shashou
- Uzumaki
- Kamisama no Iutoori
- Saiteihen no Otoko
- Ibitsu
Rely on nothing under heaven
Jul 2, 2016 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
Tomodachi Game
Usogui
Akagi
These are some psychological manga that have crazy MCs. IMO it's Usogui>Akagi>Tomodachi Game, but they're all amazing psychological manga, so I highly recommend reading them.
Jul 2, 2016 3:45 AM
Jul 2018
Banana Bread no Pudding. I think that the synopsis speak for itself; the MC live in her own strange world following her own strange logic.

A more serious manga would be A–A'. 3 sci-fi short stories centered on a new race of humans that doesn't think like us.
Jul 2, 2016 4:06 AM

Jun 2015
If you like Aku no Hana you will probably like Sundome.
Jul 2, 2016 4:53 AM

Jun 2015
You should check out I Am a Hero
Jul 2, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 2015
Jul 2, 2016 7:04 AM

Apr 2010
Maybe Cantarella. The main character much more devilish the more the manga continue (+18)

Jul 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
Happy Sugar Life. Almost all characters are crazy.
Jul 2, 2016 6:15 PM

Feb 2016
Excel Saga!
(or more specifically, "Heppoko Jikken Animation Excel♥Saga")

Excel Saga is a totally bonkers anime full of mad characters and a great anime to watch for those who have basically watched too much anime (as only those who have watched too much anime will truly get the anime).
Hail Il Palazzooo!!! ("cough", lol ;P )

The hentai/perverted magical girl equivalent of Excel Saga is Puni Puni☆Poemii...

I think you will be hard pushed to find 2 anime's more insane than these two.

More topics from this board

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - 3 hours ago

3 by Dariat »»
36 minutes ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - 1 hour ago

0 by doomteensy »»
1 hour ago

» Drama/sentimental anime

xSamdavidx - 8 hours ago

7 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - Apr 27

22 by mayoiko »»
7 hours ago

» Romances As Amazing As Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - Yesterday

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.