Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2014
So is Sinbad becoming the antagonist now? I mean, I'm currently up to date with Sinbad no Bouken, and I have to say, I really do like Sinbad as a character. It's quite painful to see him slowly turn into the villain.
I'm fully aware that he is half fallen, and has some connections with David... But Sinbad isn't that kind of person who would loose himself to David? Right?...

In all honesty, I'm rather confused as to what it currently going on. Just what exactly is it that he wants right now? What is his goal? Has he joined Al Thamen?
He just doesn't seem like that kind of person to be led astray so easily...
Jun 1, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
@Toothie he want to rule for eternity , but Aladdin gonna stop him like his Father Solomon did with David.

Jun 1, 2016 1:04 PM

Nov 2014
AllenVonStein said:
@Toothie he want to rule for eternity , but Aladdin gonna stop him like his Father Solomon did with David.

I know that. But is that really Sinbad making that decision to rule for eternity?
I'm just wondering if he will become the antagonist
Jun 6, 2016 4:19 AM
Jan 2016
If you are up-to-date with Sinbad's spin-off, the arc where he became Madaura's slave is actually consistent with his current actions. He allowed KIDS to die so that he could escape. He USED innocent lives for his own goals. When he mopes about this to Jafar later, feeling very guilty, Jafar gets angry saying that Sinbad's too naive. IIRC, Jafar tells Sinbad that it's impossible to avoid using underhanded measures if Sinbad wants to achieve his goals.

Throughout that spin-off, Sinbad also keeps saying that what he's fighting for isn't necessarily what is "good" for the world - but he is fighting for what he believes in. And everyone's so convinced! (Seriously, this only sounds good if you agree with Sinbad's beliefs.)

So, if anything, Sinbad no Bokuen sort of actually EXPLAINS Sinbad's current actions rather than contradicts it. Sinbad is still fighting for what he believes in and he's not afraid of using uderhanded measures.

Moreover, he stated that he won't be controlled by Arba. I trust him on this so I doubt he joined Al Thamen. He might have joined them but is only planning on using them. We, the viewers, don't know what he's got up his sleeve. The best for the world might still be his primary goal. I mean the current world is already amazing under his leadership, isn't it? A few characters have already acknowledged that. If he wants to be like a God to sustain this peace, is that necessarily bad? In our world, the Jewish/Christian God killed civilizations in the Old Testament but is still worshipped by hundred million followers today as an all-loving God who will let bad things happen because he has greater plans.

But to answer your question: An antagonist is someone who opposes the protagonists.So yeah, he IS an antagonist as he already disagrees with Aladdin.
Jun 9, 2016 3:13 PM
Jun 2016
I'm not sure but didn't they say he was able to see the right path in sinbad no bokuen??

More topics from this board

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 28 Discussion

9 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.