Forums

Heaven & Hell Mafia | Resurrection - Game Over

New
Pages (50) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 31, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Cigarette said:
Considering that this is my first ever participation in a mafia fg thread, it is indeed tempting..

But I dunnoe, I think it'd be fun to play by myself and learn everything one by one. I'm not sure what entails what, really. I'm still really confused-- especially with all this mafia jargon.

But I think that's what'll make it fun. I think.

I have a sneaking suspicion this isn't your first ever mafia forum game~
:D
It really is, lol. You could ask Yoro, Joa, Itachi, or any other frequent fgers. I was a CD goer before even looking in fg / mafia play. <_<

That and what would even arouse suspicion in the first place? I am innocent. Promise.
May 31, 2016 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
VoteCount said:

Jupiter (1) - SympathyDolphin
Saturn (2) - LucianRoy, SightlessReality
Neptune (5) - SoulEaterQUEEN, Jackrito, Oltiken, Bee-Boy, jiyoan
Mercury (3) - PTYamin, Cigarette, Itachi

Not Voting - Suzune-chan, Smurphinator, laep, grrr, EndofSummer, coromandel, cruzateu, Crossbell, strider98, TexasPete, Cody_Abbott, Caesar, TheDragonsChild, Soren

With 25 players alive, it takes 13 votes to choose a universe.
Deadline: June 1, 10:00 PM EST
May 31, 2016 9:20 PM

Aug 2013
Rock em' Sock em' Townie Block em'
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
May 31, 2016 9:20 PM

Dec 2012
Bee-Boy said:
It is nice to know I am not the only person who is a newbie to mafia :)
hi5
May 31, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
I take back my previous words. I no longer think this has to do with factional kills. Fo's too crafty to do the exact same thing twice in a row, and yes, I'm playing a little out-guess-the-mod when I say that the four gods/planets we're voting for have something to do with abilities based around the four seasons.
May 31, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
I take back my previous words. I no longer think this has to do with factional kills. Fo's too crafty to do the exact same thing twice in a row, and yes, I'm playing a little out-guess-the-mod when I say that the four gods/planets we're voting for have something to do with abilities based around the four seasons.

ding ding, I think we are getting somewhere now!
May 31, 2016 9:29 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
jiyoan said:
town block? how does this works? lol

it works by encouraging a mini mass claim so that they can smash their brains in to help mafias pick them off 1 by 1...

Not at all what crossed my mind. Imo, the entire idea of a town block would serve little to no purpose unless by "town block" you mean "voting block." I aint about that life, and I'd much rather maintain independence with my vote.
May 31, 2016 9:31 PM

Jan 2014
You smart.
You loyal.
You grateful.

I appreciate you.

May 31, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

it works by encouraging a mini mass claim so that they can smash their brains in to help mafias pick them off 1 by 1...

Not at all what crossed my mind. Imo, the entire idea of a town block would serve little to no purpose unless by "town block" you mean "voting block." I aint about that life, and I'd much rather maintain independence with my vote.

oh, independence is a tasty word.

Aug 2013
Go buy your whole family a house.

Dec 2012
Another one
May 31, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2013
Wait a second.. are we in Day 1 or Day 0?
May 31, 2016 9:36 PM

May 2016
The idea of a town block is a group of people you think are town and you can comfortably bounce ideas off of them.

It isn't necessarily a voting block but it is helpful if you can agree on one lynch and as a result they can successfully achieve that lynch rather then some rando mislynch.

Although maybe my understanding is different from Caesar's which is fine because I like friends as I am a loner in real life.
May 31, 2016 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Wait, we can actually form alliances and band together and stuff? I thought you people were just rping..
May 31, 2016 9:37 PM

May 2016
Ya want to join our town block?
May 31, 2016 9:38 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
LucianRoy said:

Isn't it now? It would be a disappointment to see this "town block" degrade into a gross sort of hive mind where everyone is playing yes-men to themselves and the people in the block. What I'm getting at is a townie's decisions should stem from their own logic, not someone else's.
May 31, 2016 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
^
Bee-Boy said:
The idea of a town block is a group of people you think are town and you can comfortably bounce ideas off of them.

It isn't necessarily a voting block but it is helpful if you can agree on one lynch and as a result they can successfully achieve that lynch rather then some rando mislynch.

Although maybe my understanding is different from Caesar's which is fine because I like friends as I am a loner in real life.

see above
May 31, 2016 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know. I think I'll stay solo until I get an idea how of how a mafia game works first. If anything, I'd just be a hindrance to others
May 31, 2016 9:41 PM

May 2016
LucianRoy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

Isn't it now? It would be a disappointment to see this "town block" degrade into a gross sort of hive mind where everyone is playing yes-men to themselves and the people in the block. What I'm getting at is a townie's decisions should stem from their own logic, not someone else's.

I will then come to the conclusion the people in my town block are not town and as a result my town block successfully achieved its goal of finding scum.

It also just makes the game a bit more fun.
May 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:

Town unification is essential for town's survival, but to buddy up this early in the game = no go. Trusting anyone now is just a fool's errand
May 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
Cigarette said:
I don't know. I think I'll stay solo until I get an idea how of how a mafia game works first. If anything, I'd just be a hindrance to others

Your choice is a-ok, and no one is a hindrance if you pitch in on the thread.
May 31, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:
LucianRoy said:

I will then come to the conclusion the people in my town block are not town and as a result my town block successfully achieved its goal of finding scum.

or it can turn into lazy town sheep central, "baaahh"
May 31, 2016 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
Bee-Boy said:

That's the thing. If it does come down to that, will it be feasible to distinguish the bad town play from the scum in the group? How will there be a difference in their play to make that kind of judgement?

That aside, if you're doing it for fun, then go for it.

May 2016
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Bee-Boy said:

Town unification is essential for town's survival, but to buddy up this early in the game = no go. Trusting anyone now is just a fool's errand

I'd have an easier time reading anyone I buddy up this earlier as I will be paying a lot more attention to them.

Anyway I like the idea of a town block and this topic will just keep going around in circles so let's stop :P

May 2016
LucianRoy said:
Bee-Boy said:

That's the thing. If it does come down to that, will it be feasible to distinguish the bad town play from the scum in the group? How will there be a difference in their play to make that kind of judgement?

That aside, if you're doing it for fun, then go for it.

Yes I do this 99% for the fun of it.
I just don't think strategically it is a terrible idea as well.
May 31, 2016 9:50 PM

May 2016
I distinguish bad town play from scum play the same way I would do it in someone I am not buddied up with.

(Ok I swear I will drop this topic now)
May 31, 2016 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:
I guess this can't be helped because I am a newbie but I read the opening post 2 times and I have no idea what these planets are for.
>_>

Newbie you say?
May 31, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:
I distinguish bad town play from scum play the same way I would do it in someone I am not buddied up with.

Sounds like you have the experience to back this up.
May 31, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
LucianRoy said:
Cigarette said:

Your choice is a-ok, and no one is a hindrance if you pitch in on the thread.

^This. Don't worry so much about it if it's your first time. You'll get better by playing more games, and the more you post, the better you'll get each game, too. Besides, mafia members always like active players, noobs or veterans.
May 31, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2016
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Bee-Boy said:

I am a quick learner :)
May 31, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2013
Smurph is back!
May 31, 2016 9:57 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:
SoulEaterQUEEN said:

I am also tripped out by the fact that it shows you have 0 posts still on my end.
May 31, 2016 9:57 PM

Aug 2013
Bee-Boy said:
Anyway I like the idea of a town block and this topic will just keep going around in circles so let's stop :P

Why do you want the topic dropped after Soul brought up it's validity? You've got me all intrigued about why you're doing this.

This is pregame btw, we can waste all the time in the world talking about this stuff, and it might even be better to get the speculation, etc. out of the way now rather than later. because it will happen
May 31, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
LucianRoy said:
Smurph is back!

Yup. It's been a while! Nice to be back.

LucianRoy said:
Bee-Boy said:

Why do you want the topic dropped after Soul brought up it's validity? You've got me all intrigued about why you're doing this.

This is pregame btw, we can waste all the time in the world talking about this stuff, and it might even be better to get the speculation, etc. out of the way now rather than later. because it will happen

Speaking of, did we every come up with a plausible theory for the planets thing?
May 31, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2016
LucianRoy said:
Bee-Boy said:

Ok then let's keep going I thought I answered all the questions directed at me.
I just didn't want to make this thread long as that results in people not being able to catch up which is pretty anti town.
May 31, 2016 10:00 PM

May 2016
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Bee-Boy said:

I am also tripped out by the fact that it shows you have 0 posts still on my end.

If forum game posts do not count then I will be at 0 posts for awhile.
May 31, 2016 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, it will only get longer unfortunately.
May 31, 2016 10:02 PM

Nov 2013
LucianRoy said:
Bee-Boy said:

Can you link me to the original thread, pretty please with maple syrup on top?

Jan 2014

Haha... Long... Don't worry about it. These games easily go into the double digits.

Nov 2013
Smurphinator said:
LucianRoy said:
Smurph is back!

Yup. It's been a while! Nice to be back.

LucianRoy said:

Speaking of, did we every come up with a plausible theory for the planets thing?

I was thinking seasons.
May 31, 2016 10:04 PM

Nov 2013
Bee-Boy said:
LucianRoy said:

I just didn't want to make this thread long as that results in people not being able to catch up which is pretty anti town.

eh the fact that I am playing will ensure this from happening so it will make no difference what/how much you post.

May 2016
I feel like all the questions on this topic will degrade to "what if town just start sheeping me"

I won't let that happen, I don't plan on using a town block to simply rally votes so that literally isn't a problem and I am running out of ways of saying your concerns will not happen :/

Jan 2014

Fo already said that regardless the game would be starting in the fall, I thought. Unless I misunderstood the masterpost.

Nov 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
Bee-Boy said:

eh the fact that I am playing will ensure this from happening so it will make no difference what/how much you post.

no edit: ensure this is happening
(I love to post when I am in the mood to)
May 31, 2016 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
SoulEaterQUEEN said:
LucianRoy said:

Can you link me to the original thread, pretty please with maple syrup on top?

Grade A dark amber only, and give me a moment. I'm expecting the old game to come up in thread multiple times, so we might as well cut to the chase.
May 31, 2016 10:06 PM

May 2016
If I had mafia experiance I would be a poster that takes up a large portion of the thread. But I don't so I guess only time will tell how active I am.
May 31, 2016 10:06 PM

Jan 2014

Huh, they really don't count. Do you know why that is? It doesn't seem as though it would make sense for forum game posts not to count towards the post count, when people play games in clubs and their posts get counted for doing pretty much the same thing.
May 31, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2016
I am taking Cigarette wanting to remain independent like that as a major town tell.
(although I don't know what town tells are)

Nov 2013
Smurphinator said:

Fo already said that regardless the game would be starting in the fall, I thought. Unless I misunderstood the masterpost.

The order of seasons was given, but I wouldn't assume we would have to start at the very left of the queue.
to me 4 planets, 4 choices, 4 seasons, but eh what do I know, I wasn't in the original game :/

Aug 2013
Ta da! The old game: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1255907&show=0
Now the references have a reference.
Pages (50) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

3995 by Luchipher-Zen »»
43 seconds ago

» What would make the user above angry?

SnipeStrike - 3 hours ago

18 by Deyuko »»
1 minute ago

» What anime do you wanna watch the most in the Completed List of the user above you? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

julyan - Oct 27, 2014

6180 by Eleben »»
2 minutes ago

» Harshly judge the user above you based on their Last List Updates v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Apr 9, 2023

7969 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» Can Your Forum avatar get along with Above user Forum Avatar? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PrideRoyalIvy - Jun 28, 2019

3265 by AdamBirch »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.