Forum Settings
Forums

How did you find out about/get into Rokka and what made you stay?

New
May 2, 2016 8:36 AM

Feb 2011
Were you an original light noveler or did you watch it in summer of 2015 as it was airing?

For me, it was during summer 2015. I had just recently got into anime again thanks to Toradora so I wanted suggestions. I used Reddit's AnimeSuggest subreddit and browsed into a post about trickster heroes/clever heroes. One person (who I am eternally grateful toward, bless you anonymous stranger) described Rokka no Yuusha's protagonist as someone who uses clever tricks and clever weaponry to defeat his opponents. This intrigued me and I think I had also seen it available on Crunchyroll, so I gave it a try. And within the first six minutes, I saw Adlet walk in, challenge two semifinalists of a tournament, and win, and that was something I had never even closely seen before in a show. I also just loved the opening legend and setup for the show.

Another thing that helped was that I didnt know this was a show about 7 braves and that it was a mystery (one of my fave genres). I had thought the 7 in the opening meant an extra person would tag along for the ride. And I loved all the episodes, from 1-4 but the surprise of a mysterious 7th was quite the pleasant surprise!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 4, 2016 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
I watch anime seasonally and pick up anything that seems interesting, so i followed Rokka on summer 2015 season. The very first thing that attracted my attention was the lovely Aztec inspired aesthetic. I haven't seen those used before, usually it's just that boring medieval England stuff. The first episode was very fun and i liked Adlet. Going forward, i still liked what i saw, aside from the awkward CGI that the fiends had.

Then, instead of the heroes simply gathering to go defeat the big evil villain, it became a mystery. While the fans of the very basic fantasy were disappointed, i was hooked.
removed-userMay 4, 2016 4:12 AM
May 4, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
Well, watched the anime, like the building, mystery, mindgame. read the books and trguneu makes me hook up, cant help it, his role is to fuck out mind everytime, here and there and i happen to be a mindrape masochist, so there you go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 5, 2016 1:29 AM

Mar 2009
Found the fan translation some time before the anime was even announced and read it for a pleasant surprise.
Only during the anime I became really hooked up on it though :p
May 28, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
Summer 2015 was like 2nd in a row season I started watching anime seasonally and Rokka was the one on the list that that strongly caught my attention: liked key visual, charas' design, synopsis...
Amusing how in advance I knew I gonna enjoy it so much. Kinda surprised and in the same time not surprised that it end up my favorite. Presentiment that came true, haha.
I find it thoroughly well-written mystery altough I'm not a fan of the genre. Love when something takes its time to tell a story loud and clear. Several episodes were enough to make me start reading the light novel later on. Rokka is the first LN I read in my life. Ok, I doubt I'll read another one ever again lol
Jan 14, 2017 10:50 PM

Jan 2014
I watched the show recently, maybe within a month from today? I was really impressed by this show despite some of its flaws. I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it actually ended up being. The music was really good, execution was done really well also. Some of the character designs were really bad though, some characters super generic, setting of the story was generic and the art wasn't amazing by any means. Even despite all of these flaws I still found this show really enjoyable which I guess a lot of credit should be given to the studio that handled the show. Decided to write a review about it, and joined the club on a whim. Hopefully there will be a S2 someday.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Introduce yourself!

Remu_Ramu - Sep 28, 2016

3 by Mortalo »»
Sep 29, 2019 2:31 PM

» Rokka no Yuusha licensed for Yen Press - official English LN and manga coming in the future!!!!!!

Dragon - Jul 1, 2016

2 by Dragon »»
Jul 12, 2016 8:28 AM

» If you could have one, which Saint power would you want to be blessed with?

Dragon - May 20, 2016

0 by Dragon »»
May 20, 2016 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favorite Brave and why?

Dragon - Apr 29, 2016

15 by Winter_Firefly »»
May 5, 2016 1:33 AM

» Predictions for the Braves in the future? Think anyone in particular will die?

Dragon - Apr 30, 2016

2 by Winter_Firefly »»
May 5, 2016 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.