Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 20, 2016 3:53 PM

May 2015
I want to know your reasoning Brotherhood fans, especially since I consider FMA 2003 to be a true masterpiece.

every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 20, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
I only watched the first 5 episodes of the original FMA way back in 2007 or something but from what I can tell it's because better animation and faster pacing. As well as the obvious, didn't follow the source material at the end.
Mar 20, 2016 4:07 PM

Apr 2015
A daring move, fellow fanatic; may your flesh and bones be offered on the alter of our gods when the dogs have teared the flesh from your body.
Mar 20, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2008
I hate the ending of FMA 2003 but love FMAB's latter half....well, most of it.

But yeah, 03 could never be a masterpiece because of that stupid ending....

Mar 20, 2016 4:52 PM

May 2015
Jerkhov said:
I only watched the first 5 episodes of the original FMA way back in 2007 or something but from what I can tell it's because better animation and faster pacing. As well as the obvious, didn't follow the source material at the end.

Reasons like this are why I can't take 80% of Brohood fans seriously though.
Tylaen said:
A daring move, fellow fanatic; may your flesh and bones be offered on the alter of our gods when the dogs have teared the flesh from your body.

tbh Bradley carried the villains in FMA:B
Chiibi said:

Why do you think 2003 had a stupid ending?
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Mar 20, 2016 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
RainyRai said:

Chiibi said:

Separation endings make me angry and sad....and it also didn't make a lot of sense.
It's been years since I watched 03's ending but I was extremely UNhappy afterwards. That's what I remember. I'm not likely to change my mind if I watch it a second time either.

Mar 20, 2016 4:58 PM

Apr 2015
RainyRai said:

tbh Bradley carried the villains in FMA:B

I'd give second place to Father, with every other henchman/villain receiving nothing.
Mar 20, 2016 4:58 PM

May 2015
Chiibi said:
RainyRai said:

Separation endings make me angry and sad....and it also didn't make a lot of sense.
It's been years since I watched 03's ending but I was extremely UNhappy afterwards. That's what I remember. I'm not likely to change my mind if I watch it a second time either.

So it was because it made you unhappy? I can understand disliking it because it was unhappy, but did you think it was actually bad?
Mar 20, 2016 5:01 PM

Jan 2016
Simply because it adapted the original material. Doesnt mean the 2003 version is bad at all. In fact, I always recommend both versions to those curious of the show.
Mar 20, 2016 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
RainyRai said:
Chiibi said:

So it was because it made you unhappy? I can understand disliking it because it was unhappy, but did you think it was actually bad?

Lol, it's been so long....I need to rewatch it to give a proper (and fair) answer to that, if you mean "writing wise".

Doesnt mean the 2003 version is bad at all. In fact, I always recommend both versions to those curious of the show.

Same here. If someone asked me "what version should I watch?" I would tell them "Watch both" without hesitation.

Mar 20, 2016 5:12 PM
Mar 2015
2003 had a better start and scenes like the glasses guy's death and the chimera girl scene were far better in the 2003 version. However overall I liked brotherhood better. The world of brotherhood seemed a lot bigger than the one in 2003 (ice fort, more cities etc). I also liked some of the characters form FMA:B that were not in the 2003 version like ling and wrath (bradley was so much better in FMA:B). Father was a better villain than that lady and the last few episodes of FMA:B were better than that of the 2003 version. It also had better pacing and animation imo.
Mar 20, 2016 5:21 PM

Apr 2015
lequack said:
2003 had a better start and scenes like the glasses guy's death and the chimera girl scene were far better in the 2003 version.

Even though, I, myself am In agreement with this statement; the common question arises. How come? Can you, yourself give reason why this is true for you specifically, or Is it merely a saying you picked up and didn't question?

lequack said:
. The world of brotherhood seemed a lot bigger than the one in 2003 (ice fort, more cities etc).

Do you know the saying "It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean."? How exactly does this make anything better?

lequack said:
Father was a better villain than that lady
Why?
lequack said:
. It also had better pacing and animation imo.
Please be more specific In when using the word "pacing", as the word by itself does not describe anything and helps no one understand the cause of why you think this.

The animation Is a given and generally not the point of contest between the two fandoms.
Mar 20, 2016 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
I didn't watch 2003 FMA, so I don't know. But FMAB follow the manga story so is the Brotherhood is the original one, the 2003 is filler.
Mar 20, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2015
HiatusXHiatus said:
I didn't watch 2003 FMA, so I don't know. But FMAB follow the manga story so is the Brotherhood is the original one, the 2003 is original content.

I corrected this grievous error for you. Original content Is not always filler, but filler Is always original content.
Mar 20, 2016 5:35 PM
Mar 2015
Tylaen said:
lequack said:
2003 had a better start and scenes like the glasses guy's death and the chimera girl scene were far better in the 2003 version.

Even though, I, myself am In agreement with this statement; the common question arises. How come? Can you, yourself give reason why this is true for you specifically, or Is it merely a saying you picked up and didn't question?

lequack said:
. The world of brotherhood seemed a lot bigger than the one in 2003 (ice fort, more cities etc).

Do you know the saying "It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean."? How exactly does this make anything better?

lequack said:
Father was a better villain than that lady
Why?
lequack said:
. It also had better pacing and animation imo.
Please be more specific In when using the word "pacing", as the word by itself does not describe anything and helps no one understand the cause of why you think this.

The animation Is a given and generally not the point of contest between the two fandoms.

By pacing I what I mean to say is that I like my shounen anime to be a bit fast - I want to see things happening quickly unless it is an emotional scene. FMA 2003 was a bit slow imo. This worked well for the death of the glasses guy and the chimera girl but overall I did not like it since it made the show a bit depressing and at times even boring for me. FMA:B was faster and it made the action scenes so much better. It did not work so well at the start of the show though since the emotional scenes should have been a bit slow.

As for the world of brotherhood, I liked it bigger because it gave you an idea about the kingdom as a whole and the fight seemed like an actual war. In the original FMA it did not feel like a kingdom. To me it was like the brothers were going from one place to the other and encountering the villains in their journey. Because of the way they depicted the world of FMA:B, I felt the war was so much better and more entertaining to watch.

As for the villains I don't remember anything about the lady and I watched the original FMA just before I watched brotherhood. She just was not memorable for me which is why she fails as a villain. Tbh even father is not a good villain. I liked the homunculi in FMA:B more than father but at least I remember father and what he did.
Mar 20, 2016 6:28 PM

May 2015
HiatusXHiatus said:
I didn't watch 2003 FMA, so I don't know. But FMAB follow the manga story so is the Brotherhood is the original one, the 2003 is filler.

Brotherhood still changed plot line elements around and had anime original content. The original will always be the manga in the FMA franchise, and FMA 2003 is the oldest and therefore the original anime to be made.
Apr 23, 2017 11:59 PM
Jan 2017
You know this question has been repeated many times. Does it matter? Arakawa and Bones are receiving royalties from both. I bet they are happy with both?

So I am not sure what are you trying to achieve by asking this question? So what if people disagree with you? So what if people agree with you? Does it matter? If so, why does it matter to you?

My point of view is I am glad that there are people who loves FMA more than FMAB. I am also happy that FMAB has its own fair share of fans. It is fantastic that a lot like both. It is unfortunate that some proclaim that they like neither.

But that's how the world is. We all have our own likes and dislikes. Maybe that is what makes you unique.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.