Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 6, 2016 8:13 AM
May 2015
Feb 6, 2016 8:33 AM

Oct 2014
The anime follows the manga up to episode 19, then it diverges to become it's own thing
I heard they skipped an arc called 'Wild Hunt' somewhere, it might've took place after episode 19 or before that, not sure.
Feb 6, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I will explain you:

The anime aproximately adapted the source material until the chapter 38, and the episode 19 (who adapted the chapter), also has some original content. The anime skipped an arc and rushed a lot of things.

About the adaptation before the anime original ending, is mostly faithful. White Fox skipped a lot of scenes who were important for the characterization of some characters (like the Jaegers), but overall they adapted canon scenes well. I recommend you to watch it first to later enjoy the manga better.
Feb 28, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2013
Illyricus said:
About the adaptation before the anime original ending, is mostly faithful. White Fox skipped a lot of scenes who were important for the characterization of some characters (like the Jaegers), but overall they adapted canon scenes well. I recommend you to watch it first to later enjoy the manga better.

I agree, the anime was great until they decided they had to finish the story in a single season even though the manga wasn't finished yet.
Feb 28, 2016 1:30 PM

Sep 2009
They're both like "ehhh"
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 28, 2016 4:06 PM
Feb 2016
The anime is pretty good on its own in all honesty.

I mean its no Baccano but its still done fairly well, as for it changing things i would recommend treating it like the original Fullmetal Alchemist which although differing greatly from the original source material was done very well.
Feb 28, 2016 5:13 PM

Feb 2016
the manga is like the the anime but the anime had to improvise it's ending because the manga is still going

I would watch the anime over reading the manga see if you like the characters and plot then read the manga with it's added arcs like wild hunt witch was nice
Aug 2, 2016 7:37 AM
Aug 2015
Illyricus said:

The anime aproximately adapted the source material until the chapter 38, and the episode 19 (who adapted the chapter), also has some original content. The anime skipped an arc and rushed a lot of things.

So the manga does contain cringeworthy out-of-place "comedy" scenes as well?
Aug 2, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
On_the_Lam said:
Illyricus said:

Yep, it has those scenes.
Aug 2, 2016 12:36 PM
Aug 2015
Illyricus said:
On_the_Lam said:

How the fuck do people like this series, and even dare comparing it to Game of Thrones?
Aug 2, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
On_the_Lam said:
Illyricus said:

How the fuck do people like this series, and even dare comparing it to Game of Thrones?
People's taste varíes depending of the person, you know. Respecting the Game of Thrones comparisson, people these days like to compare any work when a lot of people die with the series (even when the authors confirmed Akame ga Kill is not based in Game of Thrones at all).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.