Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2016 10:51 AM
Jun 2014
Are there any differences in story between the manga and the anime? Or is it just a retelling of the anime's story in a different format?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 23, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I will explain you:

The anime aproximately adapted the source material until the chapter 38 (end of the battle of Mine and Seryu), and the episode 19 (who adapted the chapter), also has some original content, like when Night Raid attacks the cathedral trying to kill the priest.

For starters, the attack of Night Raid to the cathedral happens after the fight of Mine and Seryu, when that battle happened, the rest of Night Raid was still trying to determine a plan to succesfully invade the cathedral.
After that fight and two chapters of build up, they start the invasion, with Leone, Susanoo, Najenda and Tatsumi fighting Esdeath and Kurome (who protects Bolic, the priest), while Akame, Mine and Lubbock travel in the air manta that Najenda rode during Stylish's invasion trying to reach the cathedral and are confronted by Wave and Run. Without telling many spoilers, I will say they escape alive of the cathedral... minus one.

Also, you remember the son of the prime Minister? The guy with the scar in the face and tanned skin? In the manga he has a more active role and after the arc of the assassination of the priest, he forms a group of Teigu users like the Jaegers and become the main antagonist during a few chapters. The man who have the electric Teigu (the one who kills Mine in the anime), also has bigger role in the manga.

For last, the battle of Akame and Kurome also happens in the manga, but has a different outcome. Also, some deaths happens differently of the anime's one, and are less rushed.

About the adaptation before the anime original ending, is mostly faithful. White Fox skipped a lot of scenes who were important for the characterization of some characters (like the Jaegers), but overall they adapted canon scenes well.
Jan 23, 2016 10:16 PM
Jun 2014
Illyricus- said:
Well, I will explain you:

The anime aproximately adapted the source material until the chapter 38...

Thank you very much for your detailed reply! I will have to check out the manga now.
Jan 30, 2016 7:38 PM
Aug 2014
Read it its actually really good in my opinion better then the anime.
Oct 3, 2018 8:51 PM
Jan 2015
Let me answer that, easily...NO! A qaudzillion times, no!!!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Game] Count to 1000 ( 1 2 )

Dead-Endd - Jan 30, 2016

92 by kepega »»
Jul 9, 2022 2:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite character

Vita- - Dec 15, 2012

48 by TyDrian »»
Dec 2, 2019 5:39 PM

Poll: » Favourite Teigu

Vita- - Jan 24, 2014

18 by -Akame-San »»
Jan 4, 2019 5:47 AM

» Why Wont Mein Just Die?

KapengBarako - Oct 22, 2014

11 by VJ87G »»
Oct 3, 2018 9:01 PM

» Akame Ga Kill image thread

Dead-Endd - Feb 27, 2016

11 by VJ87G »»
Apr 5, 2018 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.