Forums

Manga/anime where the protagonist is the strongest in the series from the start

New
Dec 27, 2015 4:52 AM

Jun 2014
Eg: Noblesse
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
One Punch-man

I've watched and read more series that have an op protagonist than the ones i've mentioned but i want to make a point here so thats why i only mentioned those three.

I want action. A protagonist that has undeniable power and he doesn't have to meet some conditions to be able to activate his power(my friends are in danger, let me go in berkserk mode for only this once and then never have this kind of power again). No training part - maybe if it's as small as a montage in a movie.

So basically i'm looking for series that aren't very popular. Cause if they are even a bit then chances are i've already tried them or at least heard of them and didn't like it.
Dec 27, 2015 4:56 AM

May 2009
Did you try Overlord ?
Dec 27, 2015 4:58 AM

Jun 2014
Djidji said:
Did you try Overlord ?

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention overlord. Yeah...sadly i did watch it but it was fricking fenomenal.
Dec 27, 2015 5:03 AM

Jun 2014
jesssan said:
Bleach
I haven't completely finished it, but the main character, Ichigo, is pretty OP from the start.
Your description of what you don't want sounds a lot like Inuyasha, haha.

clearly you haven't watched enough anime yet if you think that my description of what i don't want only fits inuyasha.
and who hasn't watched bleach in this day and age? the Big three(Naruto, One Piece and Bleach) are the starters for almost everybody. What i mean is that the majority of people start watching anime with those three.
RecK96Dec 27, 2015 5:04 AM
Dec 27, 2015 6:37 AM
Oct 2015
Mondaiji taichi

and mirai nikki ( i promise you it will be what you're looking for but i can't say anything else without giving you spoiler.. you have to watch it until the end.)
Dec 27, 2015 6:47 AM
Apr 2014
Bleach?

Ichigo starts out super weak, he gets 10,000 times stronger later on, and he still gets stomped by some of the more powerful beings.

Mondaiji? MC got fkn curbstomped by one of the gods. (Though, this happens in the novel and not anime)

Absolute strongest means that there is no one in the entire manga/anime universe who can beat MC at any point.

But yea, if you want MC's who can defeat anyone in the universe at any time (meaning no time skips, power ups blablabla), then check out these:

Hellsing (I personally didn't like this, but it does meet what you want.)
Rain
Hareluya II Boy (Delinquent, also one of my personal favorites. MC stomps everyone, making it seem like the super strong villains are nothing more than ants.)

If you're okay with novels, then I'd recommend the first novel I ever read. This is what made me start reading, even though I used to hate the idea.

Arifureta. MC is super weak at the beginning, then after a couple of chapters he is betrayed by his own friends, and basically sent down to a place similar to hell. There he meets all sorts of demonic creatures capable of destroying mountains and so on.

His first encounter was with a bear (weak one) where he loses an arm, then he escapes and starts drinking from a special water source. He then starts eating flesh of the demon, and thanks to the special water that makes him practically invincible, he can survive the pain of eating demon flesh, something no one else can do. Then he proceeds to eat all the creatures in that hell hole, returns to normal grounds, where all the people are... And he's now super OP and just go around doing whatever he wants to do. Army of 100,000 wants to attack a city?

Gone in seconds.
Dec 27, 2015 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
the new gate
re monster
Battle through the heavens- he mostly fights kids his age he only loses when he fights like master level adults
Soul Land I and II
Mushoku no Tensei
Tower of God- techniquely not what you re looking for but post time skip he becomes super OP. best WITHIN HIS CLASS LEVEL. was strongest E rank now assumed to be top tier or strongest D rank
Dec 27, 2015 11:50 AM
Dec 2014
This isn't really a shounen manga, but Akumetsu is a pretty op character all around.
Dec 27, 2015 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
Hagura Yuusha no Aesthetica
Hellsing Ultimate

Since you've already mentioned Mahouka and OPM, and said you've seen Overlord, those two I just mentioned are the next ones that immediately come to mind.

To an extent, I suppose Darker Than Black would count. Hei, the MC is pretty strong right from the start, although I wasn't too impressed with that series as a whole.

Ben-To I guess could fit your criteria. It does have the "I get stronger when my friends are in danger" trope, but the MC is still pretty strong in his own regard. It's a light hearted battle shounen, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Seeing as you mentioned Mahouka, I guess I'll also mention Gakuen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry. The MCs are both OP from the start who don't lose a single fight / only lose 1 fight ever.
They're both mediocre anime though. Just your generic highschool battle harem.
For all the ones I elaborated a little on, they don't fit the criteria quite as well as the 3 in your OP, but I'd still say they all qualify, to some extent.
MazDec 27, 2015 12:19 PM
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 29, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
Manga:
Crows
Gokusen
--my heart's a hieroglyph, it speaks in tongues
Dec 29, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2015
Have you tried Hataraku Maou-sama?

The protagonist is litterally the devil himself.

It's quite the comedy/action anime.
Dec 29, 2015 3:11 PM

Jun 2015
Have you seen Nanatsu no Taizai? Might be what your looking for.

Also try:
Hellsing Ultimate
Mondajii
Gintama

and try reading Toriko.

Hope I helped :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Dec 29, 2015 4:05 PM

Jun 2014
I haven't watched s1 of Hamatora in a long time, but I *think* that Nice fit this, at least in s1.
Dec 29, 2015 4:28 PM

Aug 2014
Campione!! Shes just too op

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
47 minutes ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
58 minutes ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

9 by JoeChip »»
60 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

5 by JoeChip »»
1 hour ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

10 by JoeChip »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.