Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2015 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
Hello, for some time know I've been a fan of shonen-ai, BUT I've never watched any anime (I just read fanfictions) so I would like to know what anime I should start this 'new' genre with? Something light, with a good plot, character development, and can put me hooked from the beggining to the end.

Nov 25, 2015 2:08 PM
Sep 2015
Let's see if you want something light try death Note Mc is named light.

Steins gate is good serious with light jokes to place off humor.

GTO is funny a bike gang leader becomes a teacher.

Really check the top anime series lis on site and just go down and read about them and try them if you want.
Nov 25, 2015 2:19 PM

Oct 2007
TheCritic1170 said:

Really check the top anime series lis on site and just go down and read about them and try them if you want.

Not sure if joking or srs.

Start with the OVA Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita. It's really sweet. Loveless is brilliant too, but the story is quite dark (particularly the manga).

In my opinion you should avoid Junjou Romantica like the plague. It basically gives forced sex and affection a great big thumbs up, which is never OK, and the characters are really quite detestable.
Nov 25, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita.
Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu.

nb : you should also add Doukyuusei on your plan to wach list. It has yet to be release but trust me.

edit : i totally agree with what Kuromii just said about Junjou Romantica.
Nov 25, 2015 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
aemiliuz said:

nb : you should also add Doukyuusei on your plan to wach list. It has yet to be release but trust me.

+1
Nov 25, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
Gakuen Heaven
Nov 25, 2015 3:35 PM

Dec 2012
No. 6

I don't give a meow about what others think.
Nov 26, 2015 4:13 AM
Nov 2014
Nabari no Ou
Pandora Hearts
Black Butler
Karneval
Seraph of The End
Hakkenden
Nov 26, 2015 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
TheCritic1170 said:
Let's see if you want something light try death Note Mc is named light.

I dont know if that is supposed to be a joke or not, but I had a very good laugh. If you were serious, well that means you dont know what Shonen-ai is and I would gladly tell you ;)
Thanks anyway!

Kuromii said:
TheCritic1170 said:

Start with the OVA Kono Danshi, Ningyo Hiroimashita. It's really sweet. Loveless is brilliant too, but the story is quite dark (particularly the manga).

In my opinion you should avoid Junjou Romantica like the plague. It basically gives forced sex and affection a great big thumbs up, which is never OK, and the characters are really quite detestable.

Thanks for the rec! I already put them in my Plan-to-watch list! Also I will hear your advice and stay the hell way from Junjou Romantica!

Thanks again!

aemiliuz said:

Thanks for the Rec, I already put them on my Plan-to-watch list!

Nothingness39 said:
Gakuen Heaven

Thanks for the Rec! I will definitly watch it!

SarahNara said:
No. 6

No 6, I already know of this anime and was planning on watching it for sometime know, My sister did and she absolutly loved it, so I WILL watch it!

Thanks for the Rec!

Anyeris said:
Nabari no Ou
Pandora Hearts
Black Butler
Karneval
Seraph of The End
Hakkenden

... How can I say, I already watched Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, Seraph of The End and Hakkenden, and I can say that none of those are Shounen-ai, though they surely have a feeling to it, but well, Thanks anyway!
Nov 26, 2015 1:36 PM
May 2015
Tight-rope is short and sweet. Everything else "light"has already been recommended.
Nov 26, 2015 9:53 PM
Sep 2015
Kuromii said:
TheCritic1170 said:

yeah tbh Idk what I was thinking when I made that post( other than death notes Mc is named light and he wanted light) I must've not read the request well because I was tired or sething...none of those are even shounen... Try Kenichi the mightiest disciple. OK now that is made up for.
TheCritic1170Nov 26, 2015 9:56 PM
Nov 26, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2011
xxxholic

clamp is bunch of fujoshis

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 6 hours ago

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
1 hour ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
3 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

9 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.