Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2015 8:37 AM
Aug 2015
I'm seriously sick of thick head MC's. I was just watching 'Rosario to Vampire' to kill some time and the MC is so dense that I felt like breaking my laptop.
Please suggest a good harem/romance anime with a MC who at least understands his surroundings.
Oct 18, 2015 8:52 AM
Aug 2015
Not even a single reply, seriously? Come on... I really need some recs.
Oct 18, 2015 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
Although it is not your typical Romance and certainly not your typical Harem Show, you could take a look at the Monogatari Series (starting at Bakemonogatari).
Oct 18, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2015
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai I guess.. He's more arrogant than intelligent I think.
Oct 18, 2015 9:06 AM
Aug 2015
JustArsan said:
Although it is not your typical Romance and certainly not your typical Harem Show, you could take a look at the Monogatari Series (starting at Bakemonogatari).

Wait, it says Nekomonogatari: Kuro' is the prequel. I'm really confused as to what order I need to watch it in. Could you state the proper order, below?
Oct 18, 2015 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
+ I found Grisaia no Rakuen and Kajitsu on your List. Kajitsu may be exactly what you're looking for. Besides that I'd HIGHLY recommend reading the Novel instead of watching the show. Squishing 60+ hours of readin into 12 episodes did not work out quite as good.
Oct 18, 2015 9:10 AM
Aug 2015
I actually dropped kajitsu after watching one episode. I might give it another chance now. I don't really like reading... so nope, I won't read the light novel. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Oct 18, 2015 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Aere said:
JustArsan said:

Wait, it says Nekomonogatari: Kuro' is the prequel. I'm really confused as to what order I need to watch it in. Could you state the proper order, below?

I wouldn't advise you to watch a 4-episode Special instead of the actual first season :D I'd advise you to start with Bake, since it basically introduces all the important characters in small 1-3 episode Arc's. If you liked it you can watch some of the OVA's or the other 2 seasons that came out until now. (With Owarimonogatari airing right now)

So:
Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Second Season -> (OVA's and Specials) -> Owarimonogatari

This if of course not the strictly chronological order. But the show doesn't really require you to watch it that way.
Oct 18, 2015 9:14 AM
Aug 2015
JustArsan said:
Aere said:

I wouldn't advise you to watch a 4-episode Special instead of the actual first season :D I'd advise you to start with Bake, since it basically introduces all the important characters in small 1-3 episode Arc's. If you liked it you can watch some of the OVA's or the other 2 seasons that came out until now. (With Owarimonogatari airing right now)

So:
Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Second Season -> (OVA's and Specials) -> Owarimonogatari

This if of course not the strictly chronological order. But the show doesn't really require you to watch it that way.

Alrighty, I will start it right now. Thanks again!
Oct 18, 2015 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
Aere said:
I'm seriously sick of thick head MC's. I was just watching 'Rosario to Vampire' to kill some time and the MC is so dense that I felt like breaking my laptop.
Please suggest a good harem/romance anime with a MC who at least understands his surroundings.
Aere said:
Not even a single reply, seriously? Come on... I really need some recs.

you just said harem with intelligent mc.
you dug yer own grave
Oct 18, 2015 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
No problem. Let me know how you liked the show when you're through :)
Oct 18, 2015 9:16 AM
Aug 2015
you just said harem with intelligent mc.
you dug yer own grave

Well, I wasn't strictly looking for a harem. Romance would have worked too. At any rate, after posting it I realized that as well.
...Couldn't really expect the MC's of harem to be any intelligent.
Oct 18, 2015 9:17 AM
Aug 2015
JustArsan said:
No problem. Let me know how you liked the show when you're through :)

Sure!
Oct 18, 2015 9:17 AM
Nov 2014
[i]The World God Only Knows[/i]

Try this out too:
[i]Umi no Misaki[/i] (Manga)
Oct 18, 2015 9:20 AM
Aug 2015
TheLostAgent said:
The World God Only Knows

Try this out too:
Umi no Misaki (Manga)

Well, I don't really like manga. I prefer anime over it;
'The world God only knows' I have been hearing about it a lot. I'm probably going to try it. But, right now I will probably try completing Bake and kuroko no basket. Thanks for the rec!
Oct 18, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
Brynhildr in the Darkness - MC is smart :)
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 18, 2015 9:26 AM
Aug 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I just checked it, it claims to be of different genre than what I was looking for. You sure there are harem or romance elements in it?
Oct 18, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
Have you seen ouran koukou host club? The mc sure is intelligent
Oct 18, 2015 9:31 AM
Aug 2015
cinnamii said:

'MC is a girl', knowing that, I don't really want to watch it anymore.
Oct 18, 2015 9:34 AM

Mar 2014
Aere said:
cinnamii said:

Well actually she doesn't see herself as a girl, neither a boy hehe
Oct 18, 2015 9:36 AM
Aug 2015
cinnamii said:
Aere said:

That makes it even harder for me watch it. What exactly does she consider herse... itself, then?
Oct 18, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2014
Aere said:
cinnamii said:

That makes it even harder for me watch it. What exactly does she consider herse... itself, then?

Agender i guess? idk she said she doesnt care about gender. And the other characters thought she was a boy because of her appearance. That club she has to join is for boys so people just see her as a boy i guess. idk its hard to explain
Oct 19, 2015 11:45 AM
Sep 2015
Uh the irregular at magic high school has a genius hareem Mc.
Oct 19, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
Aere said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

I just checked it, it claims to be of different genre than what I was looking for. You sure there are harem or romance elements in it?

100% guarantee you there is those elements.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 19, 2015 5:06 PM
Aug 2015
TheCritic1170 said:
Uh the irregular at magic high school has a genius hareem Mc.

Thanks, but I have already watched it.
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Aere said:

100% guarantee you there is those elements.

Alright, I'll definitely check it out. Thank you for the recommendation!
Oct 19, 2015 5:50 PM
Nov 2010
Aere said:
I actually dropped kajitsu after watching one episode. I might give it another chance now. I don't really like reading... so nope, I won't read the light novel. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kajitsu is not a light novel. It's a visual novel.
And I really hope you do give Kajitsu, Meikyuu and Rakuen a chance. Because the plot does get better with each episode. The male MC, at any rate, is not the typical clueless MC. He's, in fact, pretty badass.
eplipswichOct 19, 2015 5:55 PM
Oct 5, 2016 6:04 AM
Oct 2016
I would recommend Trinity Seven the mc is smart but at the same time can be idiotic and is always perverted but has his heart in the right place!

More topics from this board

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - May 10

10 by M2zC »»
40 minutes ago

» Pure comedy anime with no drama, suggestions?

JustSomeone15 - 3 hours ago

3 by MeguSae38 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

19 by CautiousShadow »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

10 by Khashishi »»
5 hours ago

» Romance anime where couples live together

aizen_sosuke3162 - May 9

7 by DON_QUIXTON »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.