Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2015 2:20 PM
Feb 2013
[ SPOILER ALERT - i just finished both films and just need to rant my frustration - AGAIN SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE ON OUT FOR BOTH MOVIE ONE AND TWO]

Chizuru is about the most useless character in this damn show - and unfortunately she is the main. Let me just break it down why she is the most frustrating female lead I have ever seen.

- She has been trained in defense yet never actually defends herself when she probably should. The amount of times I wanted to just shout at her for putting an arm up and closing her eyes instead of using her sword. Or doing something MILDLY EFFECTIVE. No she's lucky she got a lot of boys who love her and end up magically right behind the person about to slice her ass in half.

- She never tried to learn more than self defense, which she failed to use even then. I mean if I was around a bunch of sword experts in the mist of war that sounds like a damn good time to start learning. Wether it be just to improve her defense skills or what have you. Anything would be better than what she did which was making rice balls and warming up tea.

- She learns she's an Oni yet never really thinks it's important. She is probably the strongest character in the Shinsengumi just by default being an Oni. Yet she never questions it. She still continues to be the weakest character by choice. She doesn't even research about what a fucking Oni is. I get it she wouldn't technically have enough time to master the skills. She could at least figure out what the hell an Oni is. She takes no responsibility for that. I'd be curious as hell. I can heal magically? like what the fuck else could I do. Maybe I don't know be helpful for a change!!!

- If she would just fucking stop chasing after everyone wanting to be in the action when she really can't actually do shit is frustrating. Fine you decided you don't want to access your Oni powers, what a waste, or learn defensive things; then stay in the fucking head quarters. Stop following them everywhere. I get it they're cute. But FUCKING LET THEM FIGHT AND BE. Not be watching her ass every time. Her constantly saying 'I WANT TO BE BY YOUR SIDE' does nothing if she cant do shit.

- Can she please make more than just rice balls and tea? I dont know can she be utilized in a better way?

- ONE OF HER DEFENSE MECHANISM TO HELP ONE OF HER FRIENDS IS TO HUG THE ENEMY AND TELL HER FRIEND TO GET AWAY. THAT IS HER SOLUTION. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BREAK IT DOWN TO HER WHY THAT WAS EXTREMELY DUMB.

- I dont understand why everyone loves Chizuru in the story. Like as a person herself looking at her character it makes no sense. She is completely useless and void of most personality. Maybe besides persistency to be next to the hot boy. She really has no personality besides being submissive to EVERYTHING. She says yes and ok to EVERYTHING and she rarely ever gives any sort of heartfelt advice to any character. Most of the 'deep' characters are the guys. So not really getting how guys like those fall for a shallow girl like Chizuru who over all is useless.

But all in all I get it's based off a game. It's pretty obvious. But still. To make it a movie they should add more to it. Not take parts of the game and make it a movie; they have to fix the holes. I still watched both movies and the tv series. Other than Chizuru being completely frustrating it's a good show/movie. I'd still recommend it although be prepared to want to throw something at the screen when you see Chizuru.
Apr 19, 2017 7:26 PM
Jan 2015
izzadorkable said:
[ SPOILER ALERT - i just finished both films and just need to rant my frustration - AGAIN SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE ON OUT FOR BOTH MOVIE ONE AND TWO]

Chizuru is about the most useless character in this damn show - and unfortunately she is the main. Let me just break it down why she is the most frustrating female lead I have ever seen.

- She has been trained in defense yet never actually defends herself when she probably should. The amount of times I wanted to just shout at her for putting an arm up and closing her eyes instead of using her sword. Or doing something MILDLY EFFECTIVE. No she's lucky she got a lot of boys who love her and end up magically right behind the person about to slice her ass in half.

- She never tried to learn more than self defense, which she failed to use even then. I mean if I was around a bunch of sword experts in the mist of war that sounds like a damn good time to start learning. Wether it be just to improve her defense skills or what have you. Anything would be better than what she did which was making rice balls and warming up tea.

- She learns she's an Oni yet never really thinks it's important. She is probably the strongest character in the Shinsengumi just by default being an Oni. Yet she never questions it. She still continues to be the weakest character by choice. She doesn't even research about what a fucking Oni is. I get it she wouldn't technically have enough time to master the skills. She could at least figure out what the hell an Oni is. She takes no responsibility for that. I'd be curious as hell. I can heal magically? like what the fuck else could I do. Maybe I don't know be helpful for a change!!!

- If she would just fucking stop chasing after everyone wanting to be in the action when she really can't actually do shit is frustrating. Fine you decided you don't want to access your Oni powers, what a waste, or learn defensive things; then stay in the fucking head quarters. Stop following them everywhere. I get it they're cute. But FUCKING LET THEM FIGHT AND BE. Not be watching her ass every time. Her constantly saying 'I WANT TO BE BY YOUR SIDE' does nothing if she cant do shit.

- Can she please make more than just rice balls and tea? I dont know can she be utilized in a better way?

- ONE OF HER DEFENSE MECHANISM TO HELP ONE OF HER FRIENDS IS TO HUG THE ENEMY AND TELL HER FRIEND TO GET AWAY. THAT IS HER SOLUTION. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE BREAK IT DOWN TO HER WHY THAT WAS EXTREMELY DUMB.

- I dont understand why everyone loves Chizuru in the story. Like as a person herself looking at her character it makes no sense. She is completely useless and void of most personality. Maybe besides persistency to be next to the hot boy. She really has no personality besides being submissive to EVERYTHING. She says yes and ok to EVERYTHING and she rarely ever gives any sort of heartfelt advice to any character. Most of the 'deep' characters are the guys. So not really getting how guys like those fall for a shallow girl like Chizuru who over all is useless.

But all in all I get it's based off a game. It's pretty obvious. But still. To make it a movie they should add more to it. Not take parts of the game and make it a movie; they have to fix the holes. I still watched both movies and the tv series. Other than Chizuru being completely frustrating it's a good show/movie. I'd still recommend it although be prepared to want to throw something at the screen when you see Chizuru.

1)in a sense, Chizuru is useless. She’s useless because it’s realistic.
2) She’s not a trained female samurai, she’s just an average girl who was not expected to be capable of such things. In some routes, she develops differently, but it doesn’t change the fact that she’s clearly not the type suited for that sort of combat.
3)she’s not properly trained in any of the sword styles. Chizuru is not there for combat. She's not a member of the Shinsengumi by any technical standards. In fact, it’s the opposite. She’s not permitted to train with the soldiers because she’d be found out, and one of the most explicit rules of the Shinsengumi is that no women are permitted to become members.Training combat would have her found out, and as a result, the Shinsengumi would be destroyed – that’s what happens when your captains, vice-commanders and commanders break the code, after all.
4) Hakuouki is set in the 1800’s.Not a lot of women knew self-defense and how to use swords.
5)a female character’s worth/strength isn’t measured by whether or not she fights with a weapon. Chizuru is a strong character and does not need to be physically strong or be good at wielding a blade to be a strong character.
6)She doesn’t “need” to use her demon blood. She doesn’t “need” to be able to fight. She doesn’t “need” to be as physically strong as the male demons are shown. She is their emotional strength.
Finally 7) Usefulness comes in many colors, shapes and sizes, and it doesn’t necessarily mean doing what everyone else considers “useful” within the context of a wartime story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Movie 1: Kyoto Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion

TheHollowShrine - Mar 2, 2014

24 by KylaNyx »»
Mar 12, 2021 5:21 PM

» Do I have to watch the show before watching this?

laraes - Feb 22, 2015

2 by laraes »»
Feb 24, 2015 10:07 AM

» What is this about

Starlet79 - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Reyna »»
Feb 15, 2015 3:04 PM

» BD release date and sub

TheHollowShrine - Dec 31, 2013

1 by tsubasalover »»
Feb 3, 2014 5:47 PM

» PV @ Comiket 84

tsubasalover - Aug 12, 2013

0 by tsubasalover »»
Aug 12, 2013 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.