Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2015 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
iSheep said:
Sick rides, man. Can't get enough of that S10 though, every angle still looking clean on that truck! The new owner must've been very lucky with that find.

I need to find the other interior pics, and the inside of the bed. I built the inside of the bed completely out of sheet metal so I didn't have to have huge wheel tubs or a useless raised bedfloor.
I got a pic somewhere after the guy bought it, he put baby moon's (rims if you didn't know) on it and it looked pretty sick. Then the transmission went out. Lol

Trucks are like babies. Especially when showing pics. You're like look at him! "oh he's so cute", then you're like well wait... wait a sec, look at this one! and look at this angle. Hahaha

Oh, and thanks man! Appreciate it. I have pics of other old rides I had, but after showing those 3 I don't think the others would quite compare. They were nice, but nowhere near my s10.
Aug 19, 2015 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Oh yeah I know what the moons are. I can't really picture them after getting the S10 fresh in my head so maybe you should post pics of those. Either way it's still a sick-ass ride. If I ever have to get a truck then I'll do it up like that. I may be Asian and we should be more into imports but I grew up in the hood so I'd love me a good lowrider. LOL.

You should show us anyways. We're a car club, might as well build on the car appreciation part of it. :P
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 19, 2015 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
Don't say that. Lol We get jealous at the quality of slammed trucks from Japan. They have some of the nicest rides I've ever seen. Like immaculate builds that look like they've never been driven. Look up a japan mini truck show!

Here's my bagged 95, on billets. (different then the other black truck I had) A leather and suede sub box I built for it, and my switchbox for the bags made out of an aluminum beer bottle.

Here is the s10 with the baby moons.

And a lifted truck I built, 6" lift on 35" tires, with a shit ton of speakers that I put in it. On the roof, the console had speakers, the radio, and an equalizer, and speakers in the door as well.

That's all the pics I got for now. Lol I'll have to really dig for all the others and find them.
And I agree, To be honest this is the last place I thought I would end up talking about my trucks.
Aug 19, 2015 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
The Japanese are crazy. You can't even bring them up when someone says "what country tunes the best?" without everyone just saying, "yeah, so true." You have to add "aside from Japan" at the end before you can get into a proper debate about it. I follow their tuning philosophy as well, but that's because when it comes to cars, they just really really know what they're doing, it's kind of no surprise that the best tuning companies and mods are found in Japan before they influence the rest of the world.

Well, those are the Japanese mini-trucks. I'm talking about lowriders and things that really don't fit into the Asian stereotype of ricer Hondas and snobby exotic drivers. The moment I have the money to DD one (and yes, I'm still keeping the Maxima), I'm just gonna buy a Mustang or a Camaro, the old '60s versions because those are golden. Who's the Asian ricer boy now?! xP

I love that S10, the moons look great too on it. Your first truck you posted though, that's pretty nice. For some reason that low just looks right for that car.

This is the last place I'd think to look for anything else. But now that MAL has an automotive club I can freely talk cars without getting judged for it in Casual Discussion so that's a plus.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 19, 2015 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah they are. Me and a buddy bought a tuning kit, and the software to learn how to tune. I can tune, but not good enough to where I would do anyones vehicle but mine. Haha He still does it, but the Japanese are bomb at it.

When I say mini-truck I don't mean an actual mini-truck. People in the hobby refer to bagged s10, blazer, Ford ranger, Mazda trucks, Nissan trucks, etc as Mini-Trucks. Pretty much any bagged truck that's not a full-size truck.

If I could have any truck back, I would pick my first truck, my red one. It still had ton of room for improvement. The s10, I literally had nothing left I could do.

I know, it's cool. I figured there would be more people in this club. I put it in my sig, and on my page to try to draw some traffic. But I'm pretty new here, so probably won't get seen much. Lol
Aug 19, 2015 8:33 PM
Jul 2018
Here's my current ride. 2011 Chevy Colorado, heated leather, touch screen radio, and a 5.3L v8. I lowered it a hair, plasti-dipped the rims, magnaflow exhaust w/ corsa tips, and it's tuned. Pretty damn quick. They didn't make very many of these trucks with the v8 in it. Hard to find. Found these pics on my FB.

Sorry for the double post. Lol I just found these pics.
Aug 19, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2014
hardhitta71194 said:
Here's my current ride. 2011 Chevy Colorado, heated leather, touch screen radio, and a 5.3L v8. I lowered it a hair, plasti-dipped the rims, magnaflow exhaust w/ corsa tips, and it's tuned. Pretty damn quick. They didn't make very many of these trucks with the v8 in it. Hard to find. Found these pics on my FB.

Sorry for the double post. Lol I just found these pics.

Damn, that thing is nice. I would have been caught between the exhaust or leaving it asleep to fuck with people, haha.
Aug 19, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks homie. And yeah I kinda was, but then I heard one on youtube with a nice exhaust setup and had too. It's not very loud at idle, but when you step on it, it screams. (got a 3" y-pipe, w/ true duals)
People still don't expect it to be that fast.
I love it, living in Oklahoma everyone has their huge diesel trucks, with tunes and blowing black smoke.
They really get surprised when I leave them. Lol
Aug 19, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
Haha it's not everyday you get smoked by dad's pickup truck, of course people ought to be shocked.

But yeah, I think the shock value is enough to justify keeping it a sleeper. That's what I would've done only because people's jaws drop more often. xD
Aug 19, 2015 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
Haha it's priceless to see their faces. I'm still undecided on what I'm gonna do to it. I really want to bag it, but then again I want to make it faster. The problem is with making it fast, eventually it won't be able to be a DD.
Think I might just lower it a hair more, and make it a quick little street truck.
Not something to take to the drags.

I outran a '12 Camaro SS w/ a Tune in a 1/4 mile.
Best part was, it was some douche bag guy in his gf's car. Lmao
Sep 3, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2013
Just bought a 2015 Lancer Evo MR
Sep 11, 2015 1:14 PM

Dec 2014
Ice-Cube said:
Just bought a 2015 Lancer Evo MR

Nice. Isn't that one of the final editions?
Sep 29, 2015 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
Should be. Evo's pretty much out of the market now.
Apr 13, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2012
Greatest said:
i drive a skyline B)

Doh I thought you meant like Godzilla. What mods do you have? I have a G37. I'll finish paying it off in a year then it's a R32 GT-R now that it's finally legal in the US woooo
May 1, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
Just a random volkswagen is popping up ^^

This is my car!
A Volkswagen Golf GL MK2 1.8 90HP from 1989.

May 31, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2015
steyn1001 said:
Just a random volkswagen is popping up ^^

This is my car!
A Volkswagen Golf GL MK2 1.8 90HP from 1989.

Good to see the club is still alive. Ha.
Making a shit ton of progress on the Supra. Car has been street tuned as of late March making 650WHP@18 PSI on Shell VPower 91 octane.

The car:

Engine bay:

Since the last time I've posted:
- VOLK LE37 18x8.5+40/18x9.5+40 mounted
- 90 degree -10 A/N fittings welded into valve covers
- Removed old -8 fitting from intake pipe and patched it up
- 3 point catch can with -10 A/N lines installed
- HKS EVC replaced by 3 port boost solenoid with -6 A/N lines
- Stainless steel atmospheric dump tube made and installed. Removed old tube from downpipe and patched it up

- Intake pipe and upper cool side charge pipe chromed
- Hatch stripped raw
- Battery mount fabricated
- TEIN EDFC rewired and cleaned up
- Wiring cleaned up significantly
- Replaced junk 3.5 bar MAP sensor with an AEM 5 bar
- New brake master cylinder
- Old black sludge flushed out of brake and clutch master cylinders and replaced with new brake fluid
- Perforated plywood cargo space cover finished with Black Automotive EZ-Flex Carpet made for hatch cargo space (really brings back that new car smell for a while lol)

Well yeah, that's about it. Wish it took as much time to do all that shit on the car as it took me to compose this, but alas, the car building game is truly the ultimate test of patience. Had the car down for a solid two months just getting it to where it would run again, and that's maybe just half the list of stuff I mentioned.

As of now, I'm in the process of fixing the power steering pump for the THIRD TIME and am planning to go built motor/ethanol soon with further supporting mods. 1000 WHP or bust!!! Figured now would be the best time to do so as the car has been pushing coolant. Not bad though for a stock motor that has seen 20+ years of hard driving. Gotta hand it to you, 2JZ.

Hope all is well with you guys.
- Nate
NWSJun 1, 2016 12:19 PM
Jun 5, 2016 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Nice ride you got there !
I have a 2011 Passat tdi at the moment.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's the first mod you do?

removed-user - Sep 3, 2015

8 by Kirito-Dragneel »»
Apr 13, 2016 8:50 AM

» First car you ever drove

LeveQ - Aug 20, 2015

29 by Kirito-Dragneel »»
Apr 13, 2016 8:49 AM

» Tryna get a Bimmer, E46

iSheep - Sep 7, 2015

8 by iSheep »»
Sep 20, 2015 12:03 AM

» Using iPhones as brake pads.

MidnightLPA - Aug 28, 2015

6 by MidnightLPA »»
Sep 3, 2015 11:44 AM

» What got you into automotives?

removed-user - Aug 18, 2015

17 by removed-user »»
Aug 19, 2015 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.