Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2015 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
The Wedding Ceremony for Prince Elendere and Princess Benedict is taking place here. It is within the city walls and is heavily guarded by the City Watch and the Royal Guard.

(Con, this also means that your Royal Guard Commander is recovered.)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2015 7:23 PM

Oct 2014
Emperor Althalos Benedict

He stands to the side, next to his wife as he watches Lirael and Willas stand next to each other at the front. Four of the royal guard stood behind the monk that was to marry the two royal families together. The two other royal guard, one of which was the commander, stood with the Emperor and the Empress. King Elendere and his wife also stood with them as they watched the large crowd begin to make their way into the wedding ceremony.
Aug 2, 2015 9:13 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen watched as the wedding prepared to begin. Keeping quiet for the most part, and leaving her weapon in it's sheathe. She was in her armor today, as the Emperor had insisted it be so. She still had reservations about the marriage, but had said nothing to the Emperor, as it was Lirael's choice after all.

[b]King Elendere[/b]

King Elendere watched as the crowd filed into the marriage area. He was smiling, as he was happy for his son.
Aug 2, 2015 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
The following morning Tanin and Ishtar both enter the main palace, heading for where the wedding would take place. At first the guard attempts to stop her entry, untill she shows the royal seal of Kabul. The man deflating uneasily expected it would cause trouble to just turn her away afterall.

"I Introduce the Envoy of Kabul." While this causes a brieft stir the woman walks forward with Tanin to the side of her, with long purposeful strides, her typical sour face is on display.

"Oh great Kings, the Sultan sends me as his Envoy under normal circumstances we would wish this union well however..I bring an offical complaint and offer to mend our ties. And a Gift." With a single the guard follows carrying a flask of wine and a fine set of glasses, holding them in his hands he makes no move to open them however. "I also bid a warning for your own ears. May I speak aloud before your great hall of Lords?"

Playing her role of diplomat this was to be expected.
Aug 2, 2015 10:37 PM

Oct 2014

Althalos stares coldly at the envoys, how dare they interupt such an important moment! How dare they come to his city! How dare they have the gall to bring an "official complaint"! Althalos steps forward, Speak your words quickly before I order my guards to seize you. He says simply, he would have to hear them out, the words of his enemy were words that he must hear.
Aug 2, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2013
"Come now, would you seize an Envoy, and even kill them here? The small folk would just love that."

Bowing lightly she smiles thinly, pouring a single glass of the Wine. Swishing it around slightly in her hand she stops abruptly, motioning for the man to set the collection down. "The Finest in Kabul. The Sultan is worried that you intend War, I wish to inform you we started amassing out forces days ago, and are awaiting any...instabilities in this arrangement. To offer an olive branch of peace, the Sultan would like to offer the hand of one of his daughters of your choice to your son, King Elendere, while allowing you to keep your defense pact with the East. This will keep the peace."

As if you would take that offer. "But should you marry we must make it known, this alliance, we are not the only one to be against it, word has it the Army and some...high standing nobility very close to your home would sooner see the..prince dead, than allow him to set on the Arzlan throne. As I recall one of your sibilings may have a better claim..but that is not part of my warning...and we have warnings that some from the Fieldlands do not also approve of this arrangement..or rather do not approve of Arzla being allowed to exsist."

While she knew neither leader would buy it, some of the lords were mummering, and to her own credit, the Emperors Brother was not in attendance. Sowing the seeds of doubt, she awaits her expected demand to leave. There was still the Elves but..it would likely be best to make way back to the fortress before the Arzlan Army marched.
Aug 2, 2015 10:52 PM

Dec 2011
Yawning a bit as they approach the palace and enter it. The guard was... rightfully nervous, but that made Tanin rather unimpressed. Like he mentioned to Ishtar the day prior, only a couple of guards seemed to have some backbone when it came down to it... Still, he expected the ones here to hold their expressions a bit better.

Walking at Ishtar's side, once again Tanin planned to keep quiet unless necessary... or if he needed to bash some heads. He was nagged plenty about doing that exact thing yesterday... and a bit before they actually arrived, and he knew violence was not good here... but... The Emperor's reaction to them did seem a bit hostile... Though, Tanin, rather than showing much intimidation to this, folds his arms with a bored, blank look on his face. Obviously, the unknown prince was rather unimpressed, mainly as the Emperor seemed to hide behind his guards rather than deal with things himself... And as far as the Arzlans knew, the pair didn't even know how to fight.

However, Tanin's posture was not challenging or disrespectful, simply calm-looking. Likely Ishtar wouldn't appear much different. After the Emperor's rather pathetic threat, at least in the Warrior Prince's eyes, he simply eyed both his soon-to-be-wife as well as the Emperor himself, likely studying the two.
Aug 2, 2015 10:55 PM

Mar 2015
[b]King Elendere[/b]

King Elendere shook his head.

[b]"You would dare to offer one of his daughters for my son? For years nothing but ill has come to Arzla from Kabul, and in turn, Eqomer has suffered. I will not even think of it. In fact, the prince and princess are quite well suited for each other. And should Kabul be stirring up any insurrections within my own lands, they will be crushed without mercy, as will any ill bred assaults from Kabul."
Aug 2, 2015 10:57 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen quickly noticed the man's gaze, and spoke her mind of it, laying her hand on the hilt of her sword.

[b]"Do you dare to look upon the face of my Emperor without permission Kabulian dog?"
Aug 2, 2015 11:02 PM

Oct 2014

Althalos looks for his brother when he hears the woman's words, he doesn't see him but disregards the fact. He rarely saw his brother but he trusted him anyhow. Well, trusted might be a word too strong, faith would be a better one to use. He crosses his arms, this woman dared to offer one of the Sultan's daughters to Prince Elendere on the day of the latter's marriage? He decides that the best course of action would be to let King Elendere speak and hear what he had to say, after he heard him deny the offer he breathed out a small sigh of relief. The Sultan was a cunning man, he looked at the noblemen around the ceremony, he could already see the seeds of doubt beginning to bloom. He glares at the couple, he looks at the big man and his calm demeanor. May I ask for what your standings are in the Sultan's court? He asks them.
Aug 2, 2015 11:23 PM

Dec 2011
As Tanin watched the brief exchange, he then heard a woman's voice call out to him with what was just as pitiful an insult as the Emperor's threat. Glancing over to the girl in question, he stared at her blankly for a while, likely examining her too. "Girl, you're more of a dog than I'll ever be. Trust me on that," The Prince finally spoke matter-of-factly. It could be taken as an insult... but anyone more perceptive or mature could tell from the tone of voice that Tanin meant something else by that cryptic phrase. Honestly, Tanin could return that question to her. Did she dare to look upon the face of the Kabulian First Born, heir to the Sultan, without permission? The difference between them was, Tanin thought those kinds of courtesies as stupid, immature, trivial and for those with a need to inflate their ego. Needless to say, he didn't hold a very high opinion of Arzla or Eqomer when they left Kabul, and that opinion was dropping with each word that left their mouth.

Turning his attention back to the rulers, letting his eyes linger on the Emperor specifically, perhaps just to spite the girl a bit, he glances over to Ishtar for but a moment before replying. "Well, I'd say we're pretty close... Can't go a day without seeing'im, really." With another cryptic phrase, the secret Prince looks over to Ishtar once again as if waiting for her go in case she wanted to say anything else.
Aug 2, 2015 11:32 PM

Jul 2013
Lirael was in silence, observing all with what would seem feigned ignorance, as if she did not understand what was going on between the words, between the lines. She did. Most of it at least. But one thing she didn't. Why did they bring her uncle into this? That was the one thing she did not quite get.

She looked towards her father, then Rowen, then the King, her Lady Mother, and finally at the envoys, watching them intently. Like a hawk. She didn't like them. That was for sure. Yet she would not speak up her opinion. Instead she looked away to hopefully not draw attention while her hand searched for Willas' hand just like they would do when they were children... If that had ever happened of course, yet in her memory it was all as clear as day
Aug 2, 2015 11:32 PM

Oct 2014

Althalos looks back at Rowen and raises his hand to signal her to go no further, there was no honor in drawing steel at an envoy. He looks back at the couple, I will excuse the rudeness of your words, I will not detain you here if you cause us no trouble and go back to your precious sands. I will not dishonor by daughters wedding by killing during it. Please leave at once, he says, struggling to keep his rage bottled up. But he was a democratic expert and had practice in such matters, he would seem stoic and calm to the two envoys and anyone else watching. Those who knew him well however, would know he was on the threshold of self control. He keeps his eyes on the male, staring him down, the boy was still a child and did not know much. They would most likely seem weak to him, but Kabulians were not known for their honor and did not understand such things. It was strength that kept the Emperor from acting on the insults that the envoys had laid upon them, not weakness.
Aug 2, 2015 11:37 PM

Jan 2013
"Ah so your furniture can speak, Emperor. It is rude to speak before your betters. Such Manners in the court. I almost mistook this for a Tavern what with people speaking as they like. But what can one expect of peasants." With a scoff at the girls expense a knight was not an equal to a noble

Deciding to ignore the imputant wench. Looking at the king she chuckles lightly. "Oh? The only suffering I was aware of was from your own incompetence in refusing our trade, and your petty racial bigotry. Kabul does not intend to attack, but we shall respond to threats in kind. As to uprisings, well, if your people are treated correctly, they would not rise up, now would they?"

Turning her attention to the Emperor and Tanin she smiles lightly at his reply. He was learning somewhat. "My Lorrd, I am an Envoy entrusted with the Sultans words, as his personification. I could be the highest of merchants, or a beggar. Who I am does not matter. But I can see this exchange is pointless."

Pouring her wine out, as was a Kabulian Custom to single the end of a debate...and to also single any watches the Blood Cult had on hand that negoitations had failed, she bows her head in courtsy. "The rest of the Wine you may do with as you see fit. But I do implore you to be on guard, and that Kabul does not wish for a War. May your union..not bring ill will upon your nations."

Raising her head, her emotions are as unreadable as always. If they were to try anything it would likely be some form of duel, but she doubt they would go that far, while they had been rude to one another the responses were more restrained than normal.

"As you wish." Turning on her heel, and motioning for Talin to join it was time to leave...however a woman with two odd weapons passes through the area before entering a back alley. Keeping out of sight it was time to let time go by and see who came to take the bait.
RedArmyShogunAug 2, 2015 11:47 PM
Aug 2, 2015 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas had watched the exchange nervously, not knowing what would happened. It seemed that the Emperor had dealt with the threat for now, he is surprised when Lirael puts her hand in his. It must be because of her damaged memories, he thinks to himself. He doesn't tighten his grip but lets his hand hang loose in hers, it didn't feel right, it would feel like he was lying to her to keep up the act of having known her most of his life.

Althalos sighs and walks back up to where his wife was, now that the envoys had left. He waits for the ceremony to start as he had been doing before, yet this time, churning over what had just been said. If the envoys were here, did that mean an assassination attempt was now a more likely happening?
Aug 2, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

She went to draw her sword at the woman's words, but when Athalos held his hand up she stopped. She growled, then turned and walked off. While not a noble, nor a knight, she was something quite different. She was the king's personal captain. She was someone who had fought to earn her position in a society where men where men were better received for such things. She wanted to yell in frustation, and lop the woman and man's head off, for injuring her pride like they had, but instead was forced to leave the area, and pace, waiting until they left.
Aug 3, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 2013
Travelling down the alley in the disguise of an old woman was the assassin summoned from The Fiefdom of Eqomer. Concealing his bow and arrows in the process, he entered a family residence a good distance from the square. Ascending the steps in character he played the part of the elderly until he felt it was clear to break the ruse. Straightening his back he removed the clothing and produced his bow and arrows.

Ascending up the stairs to the second floor he perched himself by the window over looking the square. Slightly opening the shutters he made enough room to see through but not be noticeable. Peering out over the proceedings he sat down on the floor and produced a bottle. Unscrewing the cap it let out a fowl odor that could be smelled from a meter away. Selecting an arrow he dipped the tip of it in the strange fowl liquid and took care to wipe off any excess on the rim of the container.

Setting the arrow with the bow string he awaits the signal to confirm the assassination is approved. Watching the proceeds, when the wine is poured out the contract was set in stone. Waiting, he had to strike at the right time or risk missing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan, the Commander of the City Watch, was in the crowds surrounding the square and wedding ceremony. Patrolling diligently he was looking for any signs of foul play that might arise from the bystanders. While seemingly making his presence all the more important he paid little mind to the Kabul envoys message. He didn't need them to tell him how dangerous the whole event was. He had seen assassinations in his time to know the most common approaches.

Having his men scout out the buildings surrounding the square quarterly. He was in charge of making sure no one was armed and hiding among the crowd. Making his third round of the place he thought he spotted some unfamiliar looking guards off in the distance.
AstrosAug 3, 2015 12:13 AM
Aug 3, 2015 12:06 AM

Dec 2011
Turning as well, Tanin walked by her side, arms still folded, disappointed scowl still plastered to his face. "That went about as well as I expected it... Er rather I should say as disappointingly as expected..." Pausing at that, the Prince then finished and clarified exactly what he was disappointed about. "...Too reliant on their subordinates. Their actual skill I can't much judge yet... but their character's pathetic. Though I can tell they think about as low of us as we do of them." Sighing at that, Tanin moves from one disappointment to another. "An' then there's those courtesies... When we got our kid... 'er kids... don't nag'em too much on public appearance and noble courtesy... They'll turn into lapdog-relying arses. Only one with any gall in there was that female knight. 'N she had a pole up her arse too."

All in all, this visit had greatly disappointed Tanin. As they walked, he took note of a... peculiar woman passing them and into the alley. "Hm..." Moving on from that, he spoke once again. "There anything you wanna do? Frankly, I've almost completely lost hope that anything here will entertain me, so if there's something specific you want to do, let's hear it... Though, knowing you, you'll just want to go back to the tavern ya' damned woman."
Aug 3, 2015 12:14 AM

Oct 2014
(Permission to fire granted Astros >:) )

Prince Willas Elendere

Willas looked at Lirael and the monk, waiting for the wedding to start as well. This was it, the beginning to a new phase in his life. He would become the Emperor, he would father children and watch them grow and learn, he would have to remain faithful to Lirael and not take any other woman. This was the beginning to something he had never imagined, he was nervous yet also excited about the prospect. Although, he was still a bit iffy about having to marry a girl he had only met and there was something else... A gut feeling, like something bad was about to happen. But he just blamed it on the butterflies in his stomach.

(Heh heh, the irony practically drenches this post)
Aug 3, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
Grave watching the display smiles, so it was one of the old guard that was staunchly against this. Though she was ignorant of the fact, the noble in question was a supporter and friend of the Emperor's brother..which would likely carry some trouble, for now all she could do was wait on the wedding to start, as soon as the archer made a move to fire, then she could act. Making note of the Wine the Kabulians brought being pushed to the end of the table, far from the wedding she notices people muttering not wanting it. Taking the bottle for herself she takes a sip. "...this is good! Ehehehe Its mine now yah bastards."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Lads, Listen up, shut yer gobs, and stand up straight, Lord Edmund paid us well for this, all we gotta do is rile up the wedding, leave the Arzlan boys alone if yah can, but we'll just go about loot'n and steal'n shit once they wed." With that one of the other false guards looks ahead at the Captain looking at them. "Eh boss I tink he's look'n at us yah know."

Smiling at that, the man nodslightly. "Just smile and Wave boys, smile and wave, if he talks ta yah, say you were brought in from the border posts to help bolster security, if he asks ta speak with your officer, send em to me..other than that mix in with the other units and keep out of the way." While he wasn't sure what the sign would be, he was ready to act on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isthar laughs lightly popping Tanin upside the head as seemed to be her custom. "They arn't fighters for the most...they are fairly knowing on war, but not economics, a shame. And oh they hate us for sure. But that is how all leadership is..and hmph our kids won't need to be nagged as I will instruct them." Taking note of his staring at a woman with blonde hair and red eyes, she had a small frame but something about her..made Ishtar uncomfortable.

Slapping Tanin this time hard upside the back of his head she glares. "Tanin..One set of Red eyes is enough for now..once I am with your child then maybe that small woman could be considerd...Hmph though I am more than enough for you so far..and no we should leave here now like they asked, I want to be far from the city..lets ride for the border...or no, lets leave here by ship, we can land a bit of the ways from the fort, and will not take as long or be as dangerous as by land." With that Ishtar grabs him by the arm, still slightly jealous of his looking at her, though she seemed at least open to him having others..so long as she remained number one.

(hmm not sure to make a Ship thread, no point I guess unless you want)
Aug 3, 2015 12:29 AM

Oct 2014
(This ain't some magical, dainty high school rp RAS!!! Fuck your ship thread :P)

The guests were now seated and ready for the ceremony, the monk that was one of the representatives to the gods and would marry Lirael and Willas, began to speak. Setting down Vows, praising the gods and what not. (Don't blame me, I don't know wedding stuffs >.<) Eventually the Monk reached the point where Willas and Lirael needed to say "I do" and kiss to tie up the actual marriage itself.

(Umm, I'm going to make it so that the custom of Arzla is that consummation of the marriage happens the night of the wedding and they don't get carried off straight away. Which is what the North does in GoT. Just clarifying, but one of them will be dead before then anyway xD)
Aug 3, 2015 12:29 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael had a giddy smile on her face, one she tried to conceal to no end et still showed. How many years had she been waiting for this day to come? Since she was what? 6? 5? 7? 4? Too long. Finally Willas' would be hers, and she would be his. Feeling his hand loose around her own she looked towards him now, quiZzically. Was he rrying cold feet? Or had all these years just been a lie to him? He was probably just nervous, she reasoned, it was a big day, maybe she was just better and hiding her nerves? Yes, surely that was the reason. Such were he butterflies in her gut and the excitement in her arteries, she was oblivious to everything else but herself and Willas.

"I do" she said solemly without hesitating, turning her head to Willas and looking up slightly

(Technically they get carried off after the dinner party sigh, get your facts right Wym xD)
Aug 3, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas nods, I do, he says. The monk looks at them and says the words "You may now kiss the bride", with to which Willas leans in and does so. The nobles clap and whistle, yelling out congratulations as the music begins.
Aug 3, 2015 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
As they kissed, the assassin perched upon the second floor seized his moment. Leaning out the window he slowly pushed the shutter out of the way with his shoulder as he took aim. As the prince and princess now connected in matrimony separated from their embrace he let the arrow fly. Soaring over the crowd, unknown to all, it flew true to its target. Depending on the whim of the wind it would either land in her chest or shoulder, but either meant an early death for the princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While it would have been more simple to paint Arzla as the aggressors and kill the prince. To do the opposite was the more interesting decision. Mainly as it left the prince a possible heir to the throne and made The Fiefdom of Eqomer all the more cunning. While it might not immediately lead to a break in the cooperation between the two nations. It would insure so later on as the Eqomer would seemingly inherent the kingdom if not a new heir was produced.

Pondering all of this, the man who was the direct cause of it sat drinking his tea with his usual stoic expression. He was far from the event itself, but was waiting to hear from his scouts on how things played out. Particularly the extra assignment he had assigned his noble assassin to attempt after successfully killing the princess. Taking another sip of the tea, his mind then shifted to other matters.

Having fired the arrow to finish his first target, the assassin from The Fiefdom of Eqomer wasn't finished. Quickly, while still possessing the element of surprise, he pulled another arrow from his quiver and set it on his finger. Pulling back the bow he directed the weapon away from the newly weds and aimed it at the king who sat vulnerable in the open. Letting the arrow fly just as he did the first, he aimed for the man's throat.

Down in the crowd Rowan had slowly walked over to the guards that seemed out of place. Thinking on the glimpse of one of their faces he had gotten from afar, he tried to remember where he had seen it before. Coming up from behind them he placed his hand on one of their shoulders. Turning them around to get a better look, he was surprised to see that the man was a bandit he had run into months previous holding up a caravan. "You!" he exclaimed before quickly letting go. Retreating back a few steps he readied his polearm.
AstrosAug 3, 2015 1:24 AM
Aug 3, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael had separated with a happy smile, a very happy smile which slowly started to vanish when she saw that Willas wasn't really there, in time, she thought to herself when she felt a prick, Nothing more than a needle. As she looked towards her right shoulder, just there, A widen shaft had pierced her major pectoral, right on mark. Her mouth gauked like a fish out of water, trying to speak, yet no sound came out. She could feel an intense burning spread from her upper major pectoral towards her heart, slowlt, oh so slowly, until it reached her heart and was pumped around her body at high pressure through her arteries and diffused from her capillaries into her organs. It burned, yet the poison had not yet reached her heart. Either way, the agony she felt with it, she was as good as dead, tittering on the edge. Her white gown which she had been able to choose herself was Crimson now, and under the plazas lighting it looked Crimson and gold. Gold and Crimson...
UlteaAug 3, 2015 4:05 AM
Aug 3, 2015 4:10 AM

Oct 2014

Prince Willas Elendere

He stared at Lirael, the arrow shaft, then back at Lirael. Then at the colors that were so pretty, spreading out over her gown. He grabbed her as she fell to the ground, keeping her from hitting her head, like it mattered. He holds her there, in complete shock, nothing around was there, like the world was black, white and frozen. All there was in this current moment was Lirael and himself. Hey, Lirael... You okay? He asks stupidly, just staring at her, not knowing what to do. She was going to be okay right? He had saved her before right? What was the point if she died now? What was the... Suddenly, everything became much more real, time resumed its normal speed, he didn't turn from Lirael though. He held her, he could do that much in her last moments. He ignored the screams, the sounds of running, guards yelling, then a slight twinge as another arrow sped away. He hears the arrow thud, but doesn't look to see whether or not it met its target. He just held Lirael as silent tears dripped down his face.

Althalos watched as an arrow found its mark on his daughter, his only child, the daughter he had finally managed to be a father to. His only heir, his only child, everything he did, he realized it was for her, it wasn't for Arzla. Fuck the country, let it burn, his daughter was what he had been trying to protect. The Kabulian Empire was the cause of this, he just knew it, somehow they were linked to this. A pure black hatred slowly crept up into him. There was no doubt about it, there was going to be war. Nothing would change his mind, no amount of begging, diplomacy, gifts, money, council. He was the Emperor, he was the ruler of the mighty country Arzla. He would watch the sand kingdom burn. The other arrow slammed into his hand, it could be poisoned, so he would not take any risk. He would live to see those fuckers die, their women raped, their children slaughtered like sheep, their fake gods destroyed, he would kill that country, nothing would live there after he was done with it. He pulls the sword from Rowen's sheath and slices into his wrist, severing it from his body. Taking the poison away with it as it fell to the ground. A fire lit in his eyes, the fire of madness...
WymsicalAug 3, 2015 4:14 AM
Aug 3, 2015 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
(Keep using Wyms music haha)

Lirael stared up blankly at Willas, her eyes already starting to fade as the burning reached her heart and the left ventricle and atrium pumped the blood towards her lungs, to oxidise the blood, to keep her living, which only made it more painful, as the blood traveled towards her lungs it destroyed her cells, burn the vein and the artery, ate at the lung, burning. Her strength left her, totally gone. The poison having eaten it away, just like the very cells in her body that it was starting to feast on. Returning to her heart the right ventricles and atrium pumped the blood, down her arteries, to her stomach, to her arms, to her legs, to her stomach, to her muscles, to her kidneys, to her brain. Everything was on fire. as fi she was being dipped into lava only to be kept alive, but not being diped into lava, it was more like lava inside her, destroying her, burning her, sizzling in the marrow of her bones.

Blood gurgled out from her parted lips, which were in a tight grimace, she was in agony, it was torture. It hurt. It hurt. It hurt. Her body spasmed, it didnt stop, wracking as the poison took control of her being, mutilating her on the inside.

She could see Willas's face, she could see her fathers hand. she was no longer in her body though. She was outside now, floating like a spectre, scared, seeing her fathers rage, the madness eating away at his eyes, at his soul. It reeked of madness, the whole plaza reeked of madness, pain and blood. Blood would be shred. This day would be remembered for eternity. The crimson wedding, the first and hopefull the last, the last tragedy that would happen that had the power to lead the world to the brink of destruction.

Loral's face was sickly white, not the lively white it usually was, her lips had turned a ghastly yellow, tears of blood had dripped from her dead eyes, just like that. Every movement had stopped, the convulsing and spasms had come to a deathlike stop. only the blood leaking from her eyes, dripping down her lips was the only sound that came from Lirael as she lay there in death. She was not smiling, there was no last words. in death, Lirael showed pain, how agonzingly slow her last few seconds had been, it was not peaceful, she was not pretty. She no longer even looked like Lirael.

After all, the only thing that was left of Lirael was her bloody corpse.

Even her memory would surely be despised now, after all, what she most despised was about to come, about to destroy, about to kill.

War
UlteaAug 3, 2015 5:40 AM
Aug 3, 2015 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
Laughing like a mad woman, the shovel knight jumps atop the banquet table, running at speed the shovel knight glares with a wide grin. Running to the far end kicking everything in her way, and landing in front of the royals, she readies the Harpoon. And in a surprise move doesn't kill them all...or attempt to.

"WITH HELLS FURY I STAB AT THEE YEE DAMNABLE ARCHER!" Clearly having a as of yet unknown and deep rooted hatred of Archers She readiies for her throw as the bowman readies his next shot, lossening it towars the royals. At the momment of her throw, a horse bumps into her, casuing her to throw lower.

What would have been a quick death by harpoon into the assassins chest ends up hitting a bit lower, stabbing into the guts...promising a slow horrible death.

"GODDAMNIT!" Punching the horse in the face with her steel guantlet coverd right hand, she then upon noticing the beast was laid flat out with a broken face and horrid screams, she swings her shovel Halberd down apon the Creatures neck. "HAAHAHAHA!" Taking off before anyone can stop her, ask her anything, or even thank her should they be inclind, she makes way for the guards, Captain Rowan. The one man she somewhat knew.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The False unit commander Smiles warrily at the others approach. "Oi Yah Rememba me sir Guardsman? Well We can't have that, plus I gave up me banditry ways..I'mm a bonified house guard now..so would yah kindla.." Drawing his blade with a frenzied look to his face, pure chaos and madness on par with Grave's comes upon all of the men as they bare steel. "SODDING DIE!" Charging headlong he swings his blade in a furious arc.

Meanwhile adding to the worsening situation the other guards start attacking the wedding guests from Eqomer. While also making a right mess of the whole arena. "THE ASSASSIN WAS OF EGOMER! FOR THE PRINCESS! BLOOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" One of the men yells as he burries his axe into a serving girl. All the while the actual troops of Arzla seemed to not know what to do in this situation as twelve others begin following suit with the Bandits.

The Kabulian Sultana would likely have a steep price to pay the Blood Pope for this, though unless a cool head gained control of the situation, it would likely turn into a bloody free for all.

Though unexpectidly, Grave was now helping the situation for a Change, these men were with Lord Edmund, so they had to die...as did he..and everyone else in his house. No one would know about Mister Pope...though it was rather Ironic that a simple Kabulian Plot was used by the Emperors own Spy Master to such effect, while she wanted an assassin to attack the proceadings, the fact a local lord would go as far as to hire bandits as a house guard, then to attack the Emperor himself of his own violation outside of the plan made one wonder if the event was purely of Kabulian doings.
RedArmyShogunAug 3, 2015 8:37 AM
Aug 3, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
Watching as the arrow pierced the king's hand and not his throat, a pain of disappointment hit the archer assassin as he had failed his extra objective. Shaking it off, he began to retreat when a harpoon from the crowd impaled him in the stomach. Letting out a yelp of pain he fell back and grimaced. "How!?", was all he thought as he looked down at the protruding wood sticking out of his stomach in disbelieve, and horror. Acting swiftly he mustered all his strength and broke the end of it off. Letting out a scream in the process he was breathing heavily from the pain before he got to his feet. Breaking it once more to as short as he could get it while not removing it, he proceeded down the steps to the first floor.

Side stepping the wild swing Rowan quickly swings the bunt of his polearm into the bandit's skull. Holding back just enough not to kill him outright he knocks him to the ground unconscious. He needed someone to interrogate later on the matter after all. Seeing the chaos unfold he quickly puts his fingers in his mouth and lets out a screeching whistle heard even over the fighting. Echoing, as if having a mind of its own, it can be heard all around the square one position after another.

While seemingly an illusion it was in fact his trusted city watch mimicking the whistle one after another. He had designated it especially as a call to arms and every watchman to hear it was to repeat it and move to the location. One could quickly amass on any one location in this fashion and that's what the watch did. Running in from the back streets they appeared in numbers to come and put an end to the madness. Those closest to the ceremony climbed to shield and protect the emperor along with the royal guard. They had been given orders previously if something were to happen to subdue or kill the aggressors if need be.

Pulling air in for another whistle, Rowan gave another signal to his nearby watch. As the previous one they all followed suit in mimicking it but this one called for those not directly at the scene to scout the alleyways and to blockade the exits of the city. With his plans set in motion Rowan tilts down his helmet and charges through the crowd, as it dispersed, toward the man who had shouted, and planted an axe in the innocent serving girl.

Having left the house, and passed through a few alleyways. The city watch was quick to mobilize, and start patrolling the area. Hiding behind an empty vendor the assassin held his wound, and tried not to yell out in pain. With a contorted face he held his breath, and waited for the men to pass. When they did he bolted out, and for his horse stowed away behind a wall of goods. With difficulty he hopped up on it, grimacing before flicking the reins.

Taking to the back alleys he followed the path illustrated in the map given to him by the blood pope. Said to guarantee his safety, and escape he relaxed a bit as he passed down the various roads. Upon passing a blacksmith a watchman walked out in front of him. Not stopping he intended to trample the man but as luck would have it he managed to dodge the ill fate. Immediately after spotting him the watchman stood, and blew his familiar whistle.

Similar whistles began popping up all over the place as the assassin made his stead take off into a full sprint. Following him as if by magic, every time he would get away from one another would appear, and so would a watchman. As the pursuit ensued he began to feel light on his feet. Slumping over the neck of the horse he kept a firm hand on his wound which was leaking droplets wherever he went.

Realizing that his efforts were futile he resolved to his fate. It was now clear that he had been designated a martyr for the pope's use. Imagining his cold face before him the assassin felt the heat of rage in his body but was too weak to do anything about it as his horse raced through the streets of its own free will. Many guards tried to stop it but failed until they began attacking it with their polearms. Nearing the exit the assassin could just barely make out the entrance pathway, and his thoughts went to home.

Collapsing under the weight of its wounds, the horse face planted into the dirt flinging its rider forward. The assassin landed with a thud and rolled a few times before coming to a stop on the ground. As the watchman stormed his position, polearms readied, he ceased to move and was spread eagle. With glossed over eyes he stared with a blank expression toward the sky.
AstrosAug 3, 2015 10:06 AM
Aug 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen watched Lirael, a faint smile touching her lips, then suddenly an arrow sprouted from the princess's upper pectoral, and the smile faded. She drew her weapon, and shoved her way towards the pair, moving panicked guests out of the way, and killing anyone who tried to stop her.

[b]King Elendere[/b]

King Elendere was busy enjoying the wedding ceremony, and had moved away from the Emperor when the fighting had started. He was pulled back by one of the royal guardsmen, and pushed into an enclosed ring of guards with the Emperor. He wasn't quite sure what was going on, until he spotted Willas, and the Emperor's face. Then he spotted the body of Lirael.... He was at a loss, after hearing the shout that an assassin from Eqomer was here. Which was odd, he hadn't given an order for any sort of assassination attempt, and he definitely hadn't given the order for an attack on the Emperor, or his daughter. But one thing was for sure, the Emperor had just taken one step to close towards the edge of insanity, which was not good.
Aug 3, 2015 12:18 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Chaos was everywhere, people slaughtering each other, people screaming out random accusations. "Eqomere!" He hears, he stood up then, leaving the corpse of Lirael, it was just a corpse now anyway. He picked a sword up off the ground and strode forward through the chaos, men tried to slash at him but ended up with a foot of steel parting bits of limb and flesh from their body. His eyes were cold, he joined the fray of death, killing, killing, killing. Hurting, hurting, hurting, he realized he was sobbing as he killed. As the blood sprayed up and soaked him, the tears made pretty swirling patterns as they dripped down his face and into the puddles of blood.
Aug 3, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen finally reached the body of Lirael, dead, and unmoving. She fell to her knees, the sword clattering to her side. Lirael really was dead now. She had failed. She contemplated just killing herself then and there, but instead decided that it would be best for her to just let the Emperor let loose his wrath upon her, like he surely would for this failure. She sobbed openly, letting herself cry for the second time this week. She yelled in anguish, then grabbed up her sword. She would not let this go unpunished. She quickly spotted members of those from Eqomer. One of the kings brother's own men had shouted that the assassin was from Eqomer had they not? Surely then that meant the Eqomer people were to blame? She Sheathed her sword, then gently picked Lirael's corpse up in a bridal carry, moving towards where the Emperor was. She placed the body within the ring of guards holding back the frenzied crowd, and then turned and charged back into it, putting the sword through any who came from Eqomer, just as the bandit's were, her body on auto pilot.
Aug 3, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2013
Grave simply laughs at all the slaughter around her, this was what she meant by all the pointless talk of honor. She someone knew the truth of events this day, however if she understood them was another matter in all. Attacking the guards..or rather the false ones. Running one of the screaming men through she points towards the mansion. "The Men are from there! I shall Assist!" By assist she meant kill everyone inside. Which with halbred in hand, it now became a race, to see if she could kill the Baron, or if someone would manage to arrest him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi Yah bastard that was close!" Looking around, while confussion and slaughter was running wild, the city guard was unlike its professional military counterpart, actually killing the correct men, and anyone foolish enough to draw on them..just who all was fighting here or had axes to grind and Agenda's of their own. Shaking his head he knows now it was a set up. "Well Sodd'n hell looks like we been played by the Good Ole Baron...but I'm gonna take your head lad...then I'm gonna take that lil daughter of yours and rape her..yeah that sounds wonderful!"
Aug 3, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2014

Althalos clutched his now severed wrist, clenching it tightly to try and slow the blood loss. His royal guard form up around him and his wife, killing any that approached them. They made their way across the center to his daughters body, one of them pick up the body and they leave, heading towards the castle, killing indiscriminately along the way, any that approached them.
Aug 3, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
While the bandit ran his mouth Rowan slowed his pace and tightened his grip. Spearing forward with his polearm the young lad was agile enough to side step it. However, that was Rowan's intention. Twisting the handle he redirected the blades edge toward the bandit's left flank. As the man advanced Rowan pulled the polearm briskly back toward him as if pulling a length of rope. Turning slightly with his heel he directed the blade horizontally and swiftly against the bandit's torso. Ripping him open, the poor mans intestines spilled out over the ground.

Hearing a war cry to his rear flank, Rowan turned to see another bandit playing guard charge him with an overhead swing. Spearing the man clean through his armor, the tip of the polearm stuck out behind him. Staggered, blood dripped from his mouth before he donned a face of anger. Pole in his stomach, the bandit raised his arms for a diagonal strike against Rowan. Raising his left forearm Rowan took the brunt of the strike as the sword embedded itself into his armor.

Quickly grabbing his sword with his free hand he unsheathed it and sliced the mans neck. Blood poured from it slightly staining his armor as the body fell forward. Looking up from the corpse Rowan observed the mess things had evolved into. While his men had subdued or killed at least half the fake guard. The people of the square and most notably the royalty were going mad with blood rage. Spotting Rowen of the Royal Guard chasing a Eqomer citizen down with murderous intent he ran toward them to put a stop to it.

Channeling his momentum and strength into his shoulder. Rowan slammed into Rowen as she raised her sword to deliver a killing blow and wasn't paying attention. Knocking her to the ground he stared down at her and said "What the hell are you doing." with a muffled voice through his helmet.
Aug 3, 2015 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen looked at the commander of the watch, and growled.

[b]"What am I doing? What am I doing? What the bloody hell are you doing! The assassin was from Eqomer fool! This is war now, and it's obvious who the enemy is! They killed the princess, and none from that country deserve to live anymore!"
Aug 4, 2015 9:52 AM

Dec 2013
"You believe the word of a bandit do you now." "My have the royal guard fallen." Rowan said shaking his head. "I guess all that pride amounts to killing unarmed commoners."he said referring to the man on the ground to his side. Holding a wound he had gotten while fleeing he was shaking in fear with tears running down his eyes.

"Commander! The Prince has joined the fighting." said a watchman as he ran up behind Rowan. "Gather some men and talk some sense into him. If you have to subdue him." Rowan commanded turning his head. "But Commander!" the man protested before he was cut off. "Go." Rowan barked before returning his attention to the captain of the royal guard.
AstrosAug 4, 2015 10:30 AM
Aug 4, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]
Rowen settled for a defensive stance.

[b]"What do you mean, bandit?"
Aug 4, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
"The bloody sod over there." he said motioning with his head to the guard who had yelled bloody murder, and was now on the ground in a puddle of his own blood. "Talked of raping my daughter and killed that poor servant lady over there." he said motioning to her body in the distance through the crowd. "That don't sound like any guard to me." Rowan said shaking his head. "If that don't convince you, look at their fighting. A bunch of barbarians the way they swing those swords."
Aug 4, 2015 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Grave for her part, can't help but to be amussed by all of this. Now was the time for Lord Edmund to die, though he seemed to have been acting on his own or for another power with his bandits..the Blood Pope would likely give her even more for this service.

Simply running back down the alley and into the central courtyard of where several of the more well off lords lived, Charging the front door, with the Lord having acted on his own, no one could be spared, to be sure..

Swinging her halberd through the door greeter, and ramming said door down with a shoulder ram, cleaving her way though any others, the Baron tries to escape the slaughter, using guards and servants as shields to block her advance..he knew why she was here..he had little doubts as to it..but he had information that might be worth his life..maybe..
Aug 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen watched for a moment as the bandits disguised as guards fought, then realized the man was right. She dropped her sword, the weapon clattering to the ground.

[b]"I've played the part of a fool. No person is above the law..... you must take me in commander..... Heaven's help me, I was going to murder that man...."
Aug 4, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas's sword rose and fell countless times, spilling blood of commoners, bandits, nobles and even the guards of Arzla and Eqomer. He didn't care, he just needed to kill, as if he could wash away the memory of Lirael's death with a tidal wave of blood. He spots Rowan and Rowen so he strides over to them, and raises his sword up high, to fell the royal guard commander from behind.
Aug 4, 2015 1:15 PM

Dec 2013
"Later. Now that you've got your wits about you we need to..." before he finished his statement Rowan sprinted forward and raised his sword. With tip in hand he blocked the swing by the young prince which drove the blade slightly into his palm. Paying it little attention he delivered a quick kick to the mans stomach to try and knock some sense into him. If words and reason weren't enough to keep him from controlling himself then pain and fatigue would need to, he thought.
Aug 4, 2015 1:23 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He fell to the floor, curled up around the pain of the kick. He was still sobbing, laying in the blood of others. It isn't fair, she didn't do anything... Why must we always fight? Why can their not be peace? He thinks to himself, as he lays there, hating the world for its cruelness.
Aug 4, 2015 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
As the man fell Rowan kicked the sword out of his hand and into the dirt some distance away. He didn't want the prince getting back up and killing again. Turning around to face the captain he continued where he left off. "We need to stop this bloody mess." he said looking around briefly at the fighting between city folk and city watch. "If you won't help at least look after the prince." he said before walking off to stop another brawl.
Aug 4, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2013
As Grave goes about her whole sale slaughter, the noble lord flees out of his home, going as far as to jump from a window. Rolling in a tuck and roll as he exits his new doorway, the man hurridly scampers to his feet. "You there!" He yells out at Rowan. "I-I surrender! Help me! Take me away from here now! Before that grave digger gets me! I can name names, money anything! Just get me away from here you oaf!" With a frenzed look of Terrow, the shovel knight exits the door..the actual back door.

In her blood soaked dress, which was a deep scarlet red, carrying her pole arm, she notices the man and heads for him at once.
Aug 4, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2013
"Names of who?" Rowan asks confused as the man paws at his shoulder. Upon spotting the shovel girl and her attire he pushes the man behind him to stand as a wall between her and him. 'What's your agenda digger." Rowan asks as she closes in on them.
Aug 4, 2015 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
"I can tell you who was behind the assassination! Its important! I can even prove my claims with other contacts! A person that is among the-Protect me!" Noticing the woman, he doesn't have the time to spill what he knows, as Grave rushes in.

"Ehehehe Rowan..just walk away..he's dead..can't you see it...he just has to remember..I've burried many people Rowan, and I rather not kill you. So just..walk away, just walk away." Bradishing her polearm, Grave rushes forward clearly not intent on stoping now. And it was unlikely the guardsman could keep her at bay..for long.
Aug 4, 2015 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
Choosing silence to be his answer. Rowan pushes the noble behind him away as he prepares to take on the girl. Adopting a defensive stance he contemplates to dodge or block the blow. Thinking back, he had heard stories from his men that she was more powerful than she seemed.
Aug 4, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
"Okay Mister..gonna have ta smash yah now.." sighing a bit, she rushes forward at speed, swining her polearm down on Rowan, fighting one handed, it seemed she was either testing him, or waiting on something.. Thought regardless of the fact she put alot of power behind the blow, it was unlikely to harm the Captain, but it might likely stun him with surprise.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.