Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2015 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
The infirmary of the castle of the royal family. It is equipped with the best medical technology of it's time, and has the best doctor in all of Arzla standing by with his assistants to aide those who are injured.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2015 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen was carried in by the Royal guards and placed on a bed. One of the guards quickly explained to the doctor exactly what happened, and the doctor quickly went to work with his assistants after asking the guards to step out of the room, going to work on Rowen. He first cut her dress of, then began to check her injuries, finally he began to rap bandages around her, and placed her arm in a sling, securing it to her body so she couldn't move it. Luckily Rowen still had her undergarments on, so she was still decent. The doctor after finishing his work covered her with a blanket so she could rest, which she would have to do any ways. While her ribs hadn't broken, they were majorly bruised, and she would have to stay off her feet for at least a couple of hours. Of course when she woke up there was still the matter of the blood letting he had to do so that she would remain healthy.
Jul 12, 2015 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas follows behind the two servants, carrying Lirael on a stretcher between them. They set her down on the bed and the doctor quickly begins to check her vitals, the servants explain what happened and he treats the fresh burn mark, that had saved her life, with some cream. He pulls the covers up over her, only rest would help now. Willas sits down next to her and notices Rowen is in the room.
Jul 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Her eyes fluttered open, and she went to sit up quickly, but fell back to the bed with a groan.

"Damn you Athalos. You always do thi-"

She noticed that Willas was in the room, and so was Lirael, and Lirael was in a bed just like Rowen, meaning she had been injured. The only question was, had she been treated, and what had happened? Had Rowen failed miserably in her duties to protect the Royal family? The girl had always been under careful watch by Rowen, and hadn't ever been injured before while she was under her watch. She struggled to sit up, finally succeeded, then cast her legs over the side of the bed, ignoring the fact that all she was wearing was her undergarments, she walked over to the bed Lirael was sleeping in, concerned.

"I've failed again......"

She whispered. Knowing that not only had she failed to defeat the shovel knight, but also she had failed to protect Lirael was more then just a moral loss to Rowen. It proved that she might not be fit for her job afterall. A tear dripped down her face, and onto the bed sheet, but no more then that. She straightened up, then walked over to her hospital bed, and sat down on the edge of it, and stared at the floor.
Jul 12, 2015 3:19 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas stared at Rowen, stunned. He never pictured the formidable woman crying. He got up and looked around, finding what he was looking for, he goes over to some robes hanging on a rack. He takes them off and hands them to Rowen, looking away from her bare skin and undergarments. Failed? he asked, sitting down, [b]From your injuries, I can tell you were otherwise too preoccupied to protect Lirael. I wouldn't say you failed in that regard...
Jul 12, 2015 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

She just kept staring at the floor. She did however, silently wrap the robe around herself, realizing that it may make Willas uncomfortable.

[b]"You wrong... these injuries are nothing... if only the Emperor hadn't of ordered what he did, maybe I would have realized her absence in time.... I was raised to do this job... the Emperor gave me an opportunity to live a better life, and all I had to do was pay him back by living in his service.... protecting the Royal family. I shadowed her for years while she snuck out, vowing never to allow her to be injured.... even if I was only a few years older then she was. I haven't let a single hair on any royal family members be touched before.... none of them ever to get injured. And now look at this..... I let my thoughts turn to anger too quickly. I completely forgot about Lirael... Even if I failed only once.... it was a large failure that nearly cost Lirael her life."
Jul 12, 2015 9:59 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

From what you've said, I think this is only a bump in your career, if you've only failed once... Then that means, to me, that you have done a pretty good job so far, he says with a small smile, he gestures to Lirael, who was snoring softly. She is alive, none of the Royal family have died, that means you're doing your job well, I'm sure the Emperor would not be displeased with you. He says, leaning back as he spoke, his ponytail swishing behind him.
Jul 12, 2015 10:25 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen looked at the boy a little bit.

[b]"So your the future Emperor then? You will be the one who I have to protect in the future?"
Jul 12, 2015 10:28 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Guess so, he smiles a little, pleased to meet you. I understand that Lirael is quite fond of you?
Jul 12, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

She nodded.

[b]"Lirael treats me as if I was her older sister, rather then her body guard."
Jul 15, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael was sat on a tree, she recognized it perfectly, it was in the tree that was in the courtyard, a big gigantic Oak tree, and Lirael was sat on a branch, with her feet dangling and swaying in the air. The breeze ruffled her hair and she was dressed in her usual slacks that she'd use when sneaking out since dresses were never good for climbing trees.

Looking next to her there was a woman, who seemed only a few years older than her, who was she? She did know her, she knew all of the aristocracy by names and their banners, along with their colors and their banners and coats of arms, after all, she had to know them, and she recognized each member of each family more or less, but this woman, she couldn't pinpoint it.

Suddenly another person, another woman, but she recognized this woman: it was Rowen. She waved towards Rowen smiling and laughing trying to get Rowen to climb up and join her, maybe even discreetly whisper who the woman who was next to her was. Yet Rowens face was one of worry, something that was clearly etched in her face, yet Lirael simply thought that it was because she had climbed up the tree and she was quite high up, probably too high for Rowen's taste.

Still laughing she turned towards the woman to at least make small talk, maybe discreetly find out who she was, yet before she could open her mouth the woman had kissed her, the woman's arms having grabbed Lirael's shirt by the neck and was slowly pushing Lirael backwards.

Lirael's hands grappled the air; hands wide and scared, trying to hold on to anything, anything to stop her fall and help her regain her balance or even break the kiss, yet she could do neither.

When the woman finally broke the kiss and leaned back, Lirael's back was parallel to the ground, she was defenseless now, in the woman's hands, literally. The woman's eyes were now empty like tunnels, the gleam that had been in them at the beginning had long been engulfed by the vacuum.

Just like that, the woman's hands let go of her shirt, Lirael's body started to fall, her limbs grappling thin air, not gaining any footing. The tree branch that she had feel from was small in the horizon, yet why hadn't she hit the ground yet? Surely she was supposed to have hit the grass now, but why wasn't she?

Lirael scrunched her eyes shut, waiting for impact, but alas nothing came, why did the ground not hit her? Tentavely she opened one eye. Her surroundings were not pitch black, she couldn't see anything, except every now a glimmer of light. If se looked up and squinted she could see a small circle of light, but that was all. I must have fell from there.. And now I'm falling down the hole, she thought idly, just like that story books... What was it called again..?

There was only one thing she could be bothered to remember now, who was the woman who had kissed her and pushed her of the branch?...
Jul 15, 2015 5:45 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elenedere

Willas watched Lirael sleep, [b]Sisters huh... She's an interesting girl, I know that much.
Jul 15, 2015 5:49 AM

May 2015
It was at this point Two Castle Guards were carrying Aurelia into the room hastily, she was covered in blood, barely anything covering her body since her clothes were ripped to shreds, she looked fresh from a warzone. "The Hand Needs Help!" One of the soldiers shout out and help get her onto one of the free beds, Aurelia was still stone cold unconscious from exhaustion, it took all she had just to get back to the castle.
Jul 15, 2015 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen watched with an open mouth as Aurelia was carried into the room, her clothes torn and her body bloodied. She was shocked. She had no idea Aurelia had even gone anywhere, she had thought she was still in the arena. Meanwhile the doctor walked over and quickly began attending to the woman's wounds, and doing what he could for her.
Jul 15, 2015 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael whimpered slightly while sleeping, groaning and wriggling around on her bed. In her dream she was still falling, just falling down the hole. Surrounded by darkness and only darkness
Jul 15, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2015
Aurelia was stabilized, but was still unconscious, various wounds had been closed and stitched, she laid there lifeless like a discarded Doll, her blade was still outside in the courtyard since none of the guards picked it up, almost like a metaphor for her failing.
Jul 15, 2015 11:08 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen saw that now Aurelia was stabilized. She was still worried, but Lirael was now whimpering in her sleep. Rowen sat beside Lirael on the bed, and grabbed her hand, whispering softly.

[b]"I don't know what your dreaming about Princess, but know i'm here, always and forever at your side. As your royal body guard."
Jul 15, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He got up from where he sat, watching Rowen and Lirael. He looked over at where Aurellia was lying in bed being treated, he wondered where she had been. He looked back down at Lirael and her whimpering, Stay safe Lirael... he thinks before turning on his heel and leaving the room, give them their space. They needed it.
Jul 15, 2015 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
As if she'd felt Rowen taking her hand and her words, Lirael finally stopped whimpering, settling into an easier sleep. Slowly her grimace faded, leaving Lirael looking peaceful dead. The only thing that have her aliveness away was the slow movement of her chest while breathing, yet even that was only minimal
Jul 15, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen sat beside the bed, putting her back to the edge of it. She laid her head back, then sighed in relief. Lirael seemed safe enough for now. She could finally get back to doing her own resting. She closed her eyes, and quickly fell asleep.
Jul 16, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2015
In Aurelia's mind however she was not stable it was of fresh memories, a forest full of animals and various other life you would expect but also an Eire aura, its all a blur now but she swears she could remember a Knight in black armor, a large red cape and a crest she swears she had seen before.

Awaking in a sitting up position her eyes wide open as a scream of terror came out of her mouth, it was like she had only just felt all that pain in one go.
Jul 17, 2015 1:33 AM

Mar 2015
Hearing the scream, the doctor and several nurses came running into the room. fearful of Aurelia hurting herself more then she already was, four nurses forcefully pushed Aurelia back onto the bed, while another attempted to speak to her in a soft soothing voice.

[b]"Ms.Aurelia, please, you must calm down, your fine, your safe here in the castle."
Jul 17, 2015 4:21 PM

May 2015
Aurelia's eyes darting around the room at all the various people in there, holding her down and patients. Her mouth wide open with nothing coming out. She had no idea where she was or how she got here, it was like the last hour or two of her life vanished out of memory, she didnt even know what happened to her.
Jul 17, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
The nurse continued to speak soothingly to her. Hoping to calm her down.
Jul 18, 2015 12:38 AM

Oct 2014
Emperor Althalos Benedict

The door swings open and Althalos walks in, he sees Rowen, Aurelia and his daughter. He already knew that his daughter and Rowen were hurt but a servant had told him of Aurelia and he wanted to get to the bottom of why she was hurt. He nods to Rowen and studies his daughter, he had had a gut feeling she would survive, he also couldn't bare to see her in so much pain and he felt sick after burning her wound shut. The reason he hadn't visited yet, he apporaches the foot of the bed Aurelia is in, [b]Aurelia, calm down, you are safe now.
Jul 18, 2015 6:58 AM

May 2015
Aurelia's eyes hooked onto Althalos as she breathed heavily "How....did i get here?....what happened to me Althalos?...." She asked, her face of a terrified woman that had no idea what happened.
Jul 18, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2014

He dismissed the nurses and doctors in the room, it was fine now. They left hurriedly, all who were left was Rowen, Lirael and Aurelia. He sat down on the bed she was in, honestly Aurelia we have no idea, a servant told me you rode through the gates wounded.
Jul 18, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2015
Aurelia kept on glaring at Althalos in disbelief "a-are you serious?....i dont ...remember any of that.....or much of anything from the last few hours...where did i go? did i tell you?"
Jul 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Oct 2014

He shook his head and sighed, currently, both Rowen and Aurelia were injured. He would be hard pressed to send an envoy to the Elves now, his two most trusted were hurt. [b]How are you feeling?
Jul 18, 2015 5:36 PM

May 2015
Aurelia looked down to her arms that were covered in bandages, red marks all over due to the blood "Weak.....but it wont harm my duties......Im sorry My Lord.....I fucked up.....i dont know what happened but if im like this then i fucked up"
Jul 18, 2015 5:50 PM

Oct 2014

He was reluctant to send her but she said she would do it and Aurelia never lied to him. He smiled a little at "fucked up", Aurelia never was one for formalities. He nodded, [b]Good, I need an envoy to go to the Elves, you are one of my two most trusted in court, do you believe that you can carry out this mission?
Jul 18, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2015
Nodding slowly Aurelia looked on up to Althalos "Although one request?....I believe i need some new clothing...and armor...and...my sword.. i seem to have misplaced it" A small smile crossed her lips seeing Althalos smile, She did of course see him as a friend not just an Emperor, course she couldnt act like that in public eyes.
Jul 18, 2015 6:00 PM

Oct 2014

He nods, I'll see to it that you get these items, for now rest well Aurelia, he says with a small smile.
Jul 18, 2015 6:06 PM

May 2015
Aurelia Nodded once more and laid back slowly and carefully "oh and one last thing, Thanks Althalos" She closed her eyes to try and maybe catch some sleep, yet soon as her eyes were shut there was an image, a blurry yet familiar Image.
Jul 18, 2015 6:16 PM

Oct 2014

Thank you Aurelia, he says. He was truly blessed to have a hand like her, he looks at Lirael and Rowen, [b]How fair your wounds Rowen?
Jul 18, 2015 8:35 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen opened one eye at the sound of her name, then saw the Emperor, and she tried to stand up, possibly to go to attention, but fell back to her sitting position by the bed. She put on a brave smile, trying to cover up the wounds that were on her arms and hide the fact that her broken wrist did hurt quite a bit.

[b]"I-Im fine my Emperor, I'll be back to work tomorrow! I-I promise!"
Jul 18, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2014

He walks over to Rowen and places a gentle hand on her shoulder, Rowen, I'm ordering you to heal and get some rest. You need it by the looks of things. I'm sure my five other specially trained royal guard will be sufficient, don't beat yourself up Rowen, I would be hard pressed to find another guard like you, he says, smiling through his beard, everything he said was true.
Jul 18, 2015 11:07 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen really didn't want to have to trust that the other guards could handle it all by themselves.

"Im fine Emperor! Really I am! I-I don't need rest! Just let me return to work please!"

She was desperate to prove she was fine. At this point, she'd even take something like only guarding one member of the royal family, just so long as he would believe she could still work.
Jul 19, 2015 12:25 AM

Oct 2014

He raised an eyebrow, Rowen... That was an order, you wouldn't disobey my order would you? He asks, knowing full well that this would probably be the only thing that would stop her from her duty.
Jul 19, 2015 12:46 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen got a pitiful defeated look on her face.

"N-no, I wouldn't Emperor.... Wait no don't do this please! This isn't anything serious! just a broken wrist! And a few scratches, and some bruised ribs! Nothing serious! Come one I can still guard you! If the entire royal family at least let me guard Lirael! Please! I hate being like this.... it makes me feel helpless..."
Jul 19, 2015 12:54 AM

Jul 2013
As if one cue, Lirael moaned anew in pain, her arm that had been burnt spasming slight, as her head moved from side to side, grimacing in her sleep. Small beads of perspiration had appeared on her forehead and cheeks, along the rest of her body.

In the dream she was now becoming one with the darkness that was her subconscious. She didnt want to become a shadow, she couldnt, at least thats what she thought trying to shake the black wispy tendrils that had latched themselves onto her wrist. Slowly more and more attached themselves onto her now, and she could not shake half of them no more
Jul 19, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2014

He sighed, he supposed Lirael was in the infirmary. Fine, you can guard Lirael, but make sure you rest as well. He wets a towel and puts it on Lirael's brow, hoping to cool her.
Jul 19, 2015 1:34 AM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen nodded, but grumbled her next few words out.

"Yes my Emperor."

She figured Lirael was fine, so she decided that it couldn't hurt to get some sleep. She leaned her head back against the bed, and closed her eyes.
Jul 19, 2015 11:18 PM

Jul 2013
A few hours had passed now, with the cold flannel on her forehead, Lirael's perspiration had calmed down quite a lot now and she was just sleeping. The black tensrs of smoke had disapeared with the cool flannel on her forehead. Slowly, her eye-lids twitched, and started to open, only to be quickly closed because it was so bright.

She sat up, one hand covering her eyes while the other held the flannel against her forehead
Jul 19, 2015 11:26 PM

Oct 2014

He watched her ris, letting her get her bearings before speaking.
Jul 19, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen woke with a start from some bad dream. It was one of those that had been terrifying for some unknown reason. She looked around for a moment, then realized that Lirael was awake.

[b]Lirael?"
Jul 19, 2015 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
Opening her eyes she saw she was in the infirmary, the full throb in her elbow told her everything that happened, "how long have I been out?" She asked in a small, raspy voice
Jul 19, 2015 11:33 PM

Oct 2014

He sits on a chair next to her, A few hours, he says simply, studying her for any signs of distress.
Jul 19, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
"Yeah, it's me" she answered Rowens question, for some strange reason she was so calm, too calm even, " few hours huh.." She murmured to herself, or hadn't felt like a few hours, more like days, just trapped in that void of darkness, she smiled slightly at her father and turned to look at Rowen. Her eyes widened in shock, "rowen.." She whispered audibly for them both to hear not knowing what else to say, " are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?" She asked finally realizing what was the obvious questions
Jul 19, 2015 11:50 PM

Oct 2014

He simply studies his daughter, she didn't seem troubled at all, she seemed tranquil, unnaturally so.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.