Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2015 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
razor39999 said:
I'd like to have kids eventually, but I doubt I will. The whole marriage and kids setup is a bit too much for me. Most of my family members on my mother's side started families in their mid to late thirties or early forties, so who knows maybe I'll end up like that too.

yeah it is...but it's too boring not to get involved! ;)
Jul 20, 2015 8:17 AM

Dec 2008
razor39999 said:
I'd like to have kids eventually, but I doubt I will. The whole marriage and kids setup is a bit too much for me. Most of my family members on my mother's side started families in their mid to late thirties or early forties, so who knows maybe I'll end up like that too.

My parents got married in their early 30s only as well. And they're both from the early 50s. They wanted to conclude their studies first before getting married most likely.
Jul 20, 2015 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
I believe having kids is one way to make your life meaningful. I mean, if part of your DNA and your teachings stay on Earth after you die, you can objectively say your life had a meaning, no matter what you believe in, because had you not existed, your your descendants would not have either.

That's why I want kids xD
Jul 20, 2015 10:26 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
ISKIJN said:
I believe having kids is one way to make your life meaningful. I mean, if part of your DNA and your teachings stay on Earth after you die, you can objectively say your life had a meaning, no matter what you believe in, because had you not existed, your your descendants would not have either.

Deep. Perhaps some people like to become teachers rather than starting their own families. Their teachings will stay on Earth after they pass away.
Jul 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
Iskijn, same here. Those are in a way the theories of the old atomists. I have. to pass on all my greatness to my child, make it even better than I am (wich is almost impossible). I want to make sure, that at least one decent human being is there on earth, before I go ^^
Jul 20, 2015 12:50 PM
Sep 2010
highpriest2500 said:
ISKIJN said:

Deep. Perhaps some people like to become teachers rather than starting their own families. Their teachings will stay on Earth after they pass away.

Those two reasons are pretty much the only ones why I'm even considering kids at all and why I enjoy working in schools. Deep thoughts but that's pretty much it, being selfish and wanting to leave some imprint of yourself for the future.
Jul 20, 2015 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
I do not think it's selfish. I mean, every animal on the planet is trying to reproduce, so that their own genes are preserved. It's a basic instinct in all species. It's natural.

In fact, not wanting kids is something that became popular only in the last couple of decades xD
Jul 20, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2012
Oh course people don't really want kids these days. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS OUT THERE? They're becoming cocky and out right obnoxious these days. I will not allow my kids be like those. *Radiates power*
Jul 20, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
xD
Jul 20, 2015 2:52 PM

Jan 2015
ZTHero said:
Oh course people don't really want kids these days. HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS OUT THERE? They're becoming cocky and out right obnoxious these days. I will not allow my kids be like those. *Radiates power*

MY KID is not cocky or obnoxious.

Taking that aside, I agree fully with ISKIJN and Emile and also with razor for saying it's kinda of selfish. I believe it actually is very selfish. No child asks to be born, yet they are. And then they must live and take on life's shit all over their faces. I actually have asked for forgiveness countless times in my head for what i know my kid will have to go through. I hope he will enjoy living nonetheless. I will do everything in my power to help him have a good life. Forgive me for the long speech, but a mother is always thinking about these kinds of things.
Jul 20, 2015 3:05 PM

Dec 2008
I couldn't care less about the "passing my family name" thing. Not that I like or care much about my last name, anyway. So generic and uninteresting. As for "a part of DNA living", I don't care either. As for being accomplished, etc. I don't need a kid for that.

Never liked or cared about kids much and never had to deal with any. I've always been the youngest in my family, and none of my other relatives had kids of my age or younger when I was a kid. My older brother is in his 30s and doesn't have kids or a long term gf either.

Also, kids are expensive and I want to spend my money freely on action figures and vidya games for the rest of my life. And speaking of money, it's kinda funny how poor people are the ones breeding like rabbits. I mean come on now, if you're poor enough already alone why the hell are you gonna have a multitude of kids you can't most likely feed?
Jul 20, 2015 3:34 PM
Sep 2010
ISKIJN said:
I do not think it's selfish. I mean, every animal on the planet is trying to reproduce, so that their own genes are preserved. It's a basic instinct in all species. It's natural.

In fact, not wanting kids is something that became popular only in the last couple of decades xD

Yeah I didn't say selfish in a negative connotation, I meant it in a purely evolutionary way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT:
As a little sidenote, I recently bumped into an old colleague from primary school. She was a few years older than me and got married and had a kid at the end of high school and another one some years later. I've never bumped into men complaining about "biological clocks" but it really did piss me off a bit how much time I've wasted on shit like playing computer games, being dishonest with my feelings, and just generally derping around. Plus, her looking and seeming happy about her life even though she was "burdened" with two kids relatively early on kinda kicked it in. So yeah male "biological clock" situation right there. If you've never witnessed it before now you have. Not to mention she still looks absolutely freaking gorgeous after all these years. Fuck you genetics!
ErolnoJul 20, 2015 3:45 PM
Jul 20, 2015 4:38 PM

Jan 2015
razor39999 said:
ISKIJN said:

Yeah I didn't say selfish in a negative connotation, I meant it in a purely evolutionary way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT:
As a little sidenote, I recently bumped into an old colleague from primary school. She was a few years older than me and got married and had a kid at the end of high school and another one some years later. I've never bumped into men complaining about "biological clocks" but it really did piss me off a bit how much time I've wasted on shit like playing computer games, being dishonest with my feelings, and just generally derping around. Plus, her looking and seeming happy about her life even though she was "burdened" with two kids relatively early on kinda kicked it in. So yeah male "biological clock" situation right there. If you've never witnessed it before now you have. Not to mention she still looks absolutely freaking gorgeous after all these years. Fuck you genetics!

hum...from my experince it's absolutely normal for guys to want to have kids at some point! and kids are not exactly a burden, more like a big big cute responsability ^^
Jul 20, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2012
miyazawa_rin said:
ZTHero said:

Taking that aside, I agree fully with ISKIJN and Emile and also with razor for saying it's kinda of selfish. I believe it actually is very selfish. No child asks to be born, yet they are. And then they must live and take on life's shit all over their faces. I actually have asked for forgiveness countless times in my head for what i know my kid will have to go through. I hope he will enjoy living nonetheless. I will do everything in my power to help him have a good life. Forgive me for the long speech, but a mother is always thinking about these kinds of things.

Sorry. Didn't mean all kids. I'm sure your kid is amazing. Gomennasai

Though there are some parents that don't care at all about their kids even though they had them. And that is the one thing that pisses me off greatly. Last summer, I volunteered at a local summer school (not for failing regular school) as a student teacher with this one kid that had no manners whatsoever and obnoxious. His way of saying "can I have please" is "YO GIVE ME THAT". Summarizing the season, that kid was a bully to no bonds. I sent him to the principal's and director's office multiple times, didn't listen to any directions, etc. I myself tried to contact the parents after school and before. I even went up to the parents who were waiting downstairs in their car. They just ignored me as soon as a mentioned their kid. Like freaken really? I felt I would really punch through the windshield and yank him out of the car.

All and all... Last day of school the kid destroyed the room. Don't ask me how because I'll rant on it for hours. Thankfully no kids were in the room since it was an hour past end of school and all the kids left and I just got back from buying some snacks. 2 hours past end of school, parents finally came for their son (probably just remembered). As usually, daddy didn't want to go in (he might miss dinner, oh my. Dinner>son). In the end, teacher just said to let him go (I might have looked like I would destroy the dad).

I'm cute and fluffy. But don't poke the bear or I will maul and eat you. Respect each other and we'll have the best time. *Thumbs up, teeth shine*
Jul 20, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2015
ZTHero said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Though there are some parents that don't care at all about their kids even though they had them. And that is the one thing that pisses me off greatly. Last summer, I volunteered at a local summer school (not for failing regular school) as a student teacher with this one kid that had no manners whatsoever and obnoxious. His way of saying "can I have please" is "YO GIVE ME THAT". Summarizing the season, that kid was a bully to no bonds. I sent him to the principal's and director's office multiple times, didn't listen to any directions, etc. I myself tried to contact the parents after school and before. I even went up to the parents who were waiting downstairs in their car. They just ignored me as soon as a mentioned their kid. Like freaken really? I felt I would really punch through the windshield and yank him out of the car.

All and all... Last day of school the kid destroyed the room. Don't ask me how because I'll rant on it for hours. Thankfully no kids were in the room since it was an hour past end of school and all the kids left and I just got back from buying some snacks. 2 hours past end of school, parents finally came for their son (probably just remembered). As usually, daddy didn't want to go in (he might miss dinner, oh my. Dinner>son). In the end, teacher just said to let him go (I might have looked like I would destroy the dad).

I'm cute and fluffy. But don't poke the bear or I will maul and eat you. Respect each other and we'll have the best time. *Thumbs up, teeth shine*

Apologies accepted. Parents not giving a shit about their kids...i'm sure those people have their reasons but...it is a very sad thing indeed. Maybe those 3 are so frustrated any of them can't think straight and take appropriate action any more. Some situations are complex and i don't like judging. They all must feel miserable. This being a parent/son thing can be difficult sometimes.
Jul 20, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2012
miyazawa_rin said:
ZTHero said:

Apologies accepted. Parents not giving a shit about their kids...i'm sure those people have their reasons but...it is a very sad thing indeed. Maybe those 3 are so frustrated any of them can't think straight and take appropriate action any more. Some situations are complex and i don't like judging. They all must feel miserable. This being a parent/son thing can be difficult sometimes.

I know it's unfair to judge but who else is going to correct these behaviors? The police? Physiologist? They need to take an action at the very least. Why ignore me? Talk to me about it in the very least and not roll up the car window... Ima stop because I feel the rage again...

Must go back to cute and fluffy.

Jul 20, 2015 5:06 PM

Jan 2015
ZTHero said:
miyazawa_rin said:

I know it's unfair to judge but who else is going to correct these behaviors? The police? Physiologist? They need to take an action at the very least. Why ignore me? Talk to me about it in the very least and not roll up the car window... Ima stop because I feel the rage again...

Must go back to cute and fluffy.

it's ok...mommy miya's here. we don't have to talk about this anymore.

[spoiler]
Jul 20, 2015 6:09 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
miyazawa_rin is the best mom around here. Teach me your ways of being a great parent!
Jul 21, 2015 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
highpriest2500 said:
miyazawa_rin is the best mom around here. Teach me your ways of being a great parent!

ahah I'm probably the only one too!!

[spoiler]

my tricks are trying to remain calm (seriously try...!) in all situations, treating my child with respect and using no violence. I am an understanding mother (although if i get hit straight in the face with something heavy it might get to my nerves a little bit...). I'm kind of at this stage right now:
Jul 21, 2015 4:43 AM

Mar 2012
Vudis said:
Voted probably not.
Right now all I'm thinking is a kid is gonna take my life away from me.
It might be nice to have one some day but I'm not sure I wanna give up my free time for it.
Also having money is nice...

This
Jul 21, 2015 7:29 AM

May 2012
Ofc money is always problem, but now when I see some many ppl in my country didnt merry .... My late grandfather had 7 brothers and sister ... I have 3 brothers and ofc I would want to have 3+ children ... But I'm kind of person who wouldn't make kids so they can suffer horrible or poorish life so need cash first, home, than wife, than kind come ez
Jul 21, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2015
ashjoben said:
Ofc money is always problem, but now when I see some many ppl in my country didnt merry .... My late grandfather had 7 brothers and sister ... I have 3 brothers and ofc I would want to have 3+ children ... But I'm kind of person who wouldn't make kids so they can suffer horrible or poorish life so need cash first, home, than wife, than kind come ez

Work hard and save money! Rin-chan is rooting for you! ;) Gambatte!!

Jul 21, 2015 9:43 AM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
miyazawa_rin said:
highpriest2500 said:

[spoiler]

my tricks are trying to remain calm (seriously try...!) in all situations, treating my child with respect and using no violence. I am an understanding mother (although if i get hit straight in the face with something heavy it might get to my nerves a little bit...). I'm kind of at this stage right now:

[/quote]

Gosh! I can only imagine how hectic it gets. You employ a really good policy towards your children and I do hope they respect you not only as a mother but also as an authoritative figure. Though I'm not even near the age capable of being a father (heck, I'm just a poor student right now...), I am curious to know what the father can do to support the mother and also the children. What would your expectations be?
Jul 21, 2015 9:58 AM

Mar 2009
Do some people actually thing the education of their child will matter whether it becomes a decent human being?
Oh how wrong you are....
Jul 21, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
In this period in time, education is what drives the world. Care to explain/share your view vudis?
Jul 21, 2015 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Ofc I believe that, Vudis. If you don*t give your child rules it can go over, the possibility of good education (not in the meaning of elite university stuff) and being there to discuss problems, there is a high chance that it wil fail.

CHildren need Heroes, obv the parents have to be. If the parents are not, the child will go rabid or search for other heroes. I see so many parents ot there, I want to shake or drown somewhere. They just don*t give a shit. So bullshit parents do bullshit kids and that will lead the world to a bitter end...
Jul 21, 2015 12:00 PM
Sep 2010
Education is the only thing you can do to have any chance of your child becoming a decent human being. There's literally nothing else, even your love and purely emotional connection to him/her is just another form of education.
Jul 21, 2015 2:14 PM
Always yours.

Apr 2015
I think vudis' opinion rests on nature vs. nurture (do correct me if I am wrong). So maybe some kids are born a certain way that regardless of an education, they can't be trained in such a manner?

However, I firmly believe that an education is important for the child to understand how the world revolves and how they can find a place for themselves.
Jul 21, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
highpriest2500 said:
I think vudis' opinion rests on nature vs. nurture (do correct me if I am wrong). So maybe some kids are born a certain way that regardless of an education, they can't be trained in such a manner?

However, I firmly believe that an education is important for the child to understand how the world revolves and how they can find a place for themselves.

Aye. I agree with you on education. People need education these days in order to make a decent living.
I believe nurture has more depth than nature because knowledge is what keeps us alive.
For example, if you put some poisionous berries in with a bunch of others, you will die without proper knowledge. And I'm sure that was the case in the past. You learn that you shouldn't eat those berries once someone dies from it. I'm sure you aren't born learning that.
It is quite the same in this period. If you don't have enough knowledge, you won't make a decent living. Like in all jobs, there are plenty of other people that can replace you. That's why you must show them something that makes you unique, which is what you experienced. Perhaps you can make an expectation if you have 4 arms in a job that requires much handy work.
Jul 21, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2015
highpriest2500 said:
miyazawa_rin said:

[spoiler]

Gosh! I can only imagine how hectic it gets. You employ a really good policy towards your children and I do hope they respect you not only as a mother but also as an authoritative figure. Though I'm not even near the age capable of being a father (heck, I'm just a poor student right now...), I am curious to know what the father can do to support the mother and also the children. What would your expectations be?[/quote]

yeah, it can be a little exhausting sometimes...but it's worth it. these are the best days of my life!! nowadays the trend is that both parents should play an equivalent role in a child's life. I agree with it. For instance, my hb always helped me look after the baby except from brestfeeding for the obvious reasons. changing him, bathing, everything. My expectations right now if I was looking for a good father for my child: a capable man, hardworker, employed, preferably steady job. someone i love and with whom i interact well in daily life without too much trouble assotiated. someone with the same kind of ethical and moral values as me. someone who shares the same vision for the future. a caring person who truly wants to be a parent. I think this is it! ;) i hope to have answered your question!
Jul 21, 2015 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
Vudis said:
Do some people actually thing the education of their child will matter whether it becomes a decent human being?
Oh how wrong you are....

About this subject i totally disagree with you. Every child is born just a human being, not good nor bad. They start observing your behaviour the second they open their eyes and will react exactly the same way as you in the same situations. I never thought it would be exactly the same but it is!! I truly believe in leading by giving the example. If you want to raise a caring, honest nice person, just be honest, nice and caring. if you want to raise an asswhole just treat the child badly and your probabilities of succeeding highly increase. Ofc a parent can only do so much. There are many other events that will influence a person's life and that a parent cannot control. That is something you just have to try to accept. Even the way you treat others and your relationship with your partner and relatives will highly influence the child's choices in the future. Some people don't realize this. I'm used to discussing these matters with my mother, who is a pshychologist, and also read a few things. I don't know how my kid will turn out to be, I just hope he lives a good life, even when i'm not around anymore. :)
Jul 22, 2015 1:40 AM

Jan 2012
I don't have problem with children, but the only time I'd ever consider raising my own was if something entered my life that I felt I had to pass onto someone else.
Jul 22, 2015 2:57 AM

Mar 2009
I should probably elaborate on my views:

Of course parental education is important, if you neglect your children no one can know how they will turn out.
But even if you do try your best to educate your children about becoming decent human beings there is no telling what might happen to change that.
With day schools on the rise in pretty much every first world country and parents who more often than not both work full time, it can be quite hard to keep reminding kids about the dos and don'ts. Teachers can't handle this sort of education, being understaffed as is, and even then every teacher would atleast have 10+ students.
Kids need a daily reminder about important things, otherwise it won't stick in their heads.

Assume you do all that, there are times in your kids life you can't influence. Their school life, their freetime they spend with other kids their age who might influence them in a bad way, etc.
You might educate the nicest kid until highschool and then it just so happens that they get influenced in a bad way.

Even if all these negative things don't happen until adulthood you have no guarantee how your kid turns out as an adult. They might even change their views when they are 30+.
Fact of the matter is: you can try all you want you have no guarantee how your kid turns out as an adult. You might/will most likely be able to raise a good kid. Those are just my experiences.

All in all it's just as Rin says.
Jul 22, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
It turns out I absolutely agree with you! I'm glad we agree! It's scary but ... got no choice now! Just gotta do the best I can! I have a person's life in my hands. This tiny cute person ^^ In conclusion I think everyone should do their best to influence others in a positive way!! Let's all be nice considerate people so I don't have to worry so much!! ^^

Jul 22, 2015 4:07 AM
Sep 2010
@Vudis

If you do some or most of the things Rin mentioned earlier, the probability (and that's the key word here) of your child growing up as a respectful member of society is higher. Yes, other outside factors do come into play, but if you've put enough work into the initial upbringing of your child (especially during the very early childhood from birth til about 5 years old) those factors are more likely to not affect the child long term. Sometimes they do, but mostly not. Which is why teaching kids with an open mind for suggestion and improvement is probably one of the more important qualities of a modern parent.

For example it's very important to use the childs' learning capacities as soon as they open up. By that I mean things like practicing verbal skills with your 1-3 year olds, since that is the time when our brains are naturally most recipient to phonetics, or to be more exact the time when gene combinations responsible for auditory and verbal skills get activated. Also listen to your child and observe her/him, their behaviours will tell you what the child is interested in and if it's possible to start imparting some knowledge, skill or emotional reaction that will enrich the natural inquisitiveness of the human brain.
Jul 22, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2015
intresting razor, i'd like to read more about that. i haven't studied about early learning physiology. do u have any references u would reccomend?
Jul 22, 2015 4:30 AM

Mar 2009
miyazawa_rin said:
It turns out I absolutely agree with you! I'm glad we agree! It's scary but ... got no choice now! Just gotta do the best I can! I have a person's life in my hands. This tiny cute person ^^ In conclusion I think everyone should do their best to influence others in a positive way!! Let's all be nice considerate people so I don't have to worry so much!! ^^

Well I havent really looked into child upbringing at all, thats just things I believe through what Ive observed throughout my life.
To begin with I dont care about it since I dont plan to have a child of my own.

I do plan to study social pedagogy at one time so we'll see how that goes...
Jul 22, 2015 5:20 AM
Sep 2010
miyazawa_rin said:
intresting razor, i'd like to read more about that. i haven't studied about early learning physiology. do u have any references u would reccomend?

This is a pretty nice checklist of expected behaviours for kids since birth to about 5 years old, that end up being the basis for skills, abilities and traits later in life.

http://files.acecqa.gov.au/files/ACECQA/2014/developmental-milestonesDevelopmental%20Milestones%20and%20the%20EYLF%20and%20the%20NQS.pdf
Jul 22, 2015 6:39 AM

Jan 2015
razor39999 said:
miyazawa_rin said:

This is a pretty nice checklist of expected behaviours for kids since birth to about 5 years old, that end up being the basis for skills, abilities and traits later in life.

http://files.acecqa.gov.au/files/ACECQA/2014/developmental-milestonesDevelopmental%20Milestones%20and%20the%20EYLF%20and%20the%20NQS.pdf

ah yes, i always take these kind of references into account, they are quite easy and practical. I use a more detailed one, for instance, it discriminates actions within the 12-18 and 18-24 mth period. But it's intresting to see another one nonetheless.

Vudis said:
miyazawa_rin said:

Well I havent really looked into child upbringing at all, thats just things I believe through what Ive observed throughout my life.
To begin with I dont care about it since I dont plan to have a child of my own.

I do plan to study social pedagogy at one time so we'll see how that goes...

u say u don't care but it actually feels like u do ;) kawaii yo ^^

[spoiler]
Jul 22, 2015 6:56 AM
Sep 2010
Ok, so I can go a bit more hardcore then, wasn't sure where to start. One of the important facts about our cognitive functioning, including short term memory and the categorization and transformation of information into long term memory is the effect of sleeping and dreaming. Here's some articles about that:
http://www.med.upenn.edu/uep/user_documents/VanDongen_etal_Sleep_26_2_2003.pdf
http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Roar_Fosse/publication/11662185_Sleep_learning_and_dreams_off-line_memory_reprocessing/links/09e415098e14ea4b9d000000.pdf
Jul 22, 2015 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
Not right now. After college, and have money saved up after marriage.
Jul 22, 2015 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Impossible. Love is just a lie
Jul 22, 2015 3:47 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
Cowabunga said:
I couldn't care less about the "passing my family name" thing. Not that I like or care much about my last name, anyway. So generic and uninteresting. As for "a part of DNA living", I don't care either. As for being accomplished, etc. I don't need a kid for that.

Never liked or cared about kids much and never had to deal with any. I've always been the youngest in my family, and none of my other relatives had kids of my age or younger when I was a kid. My older brother is in his 30s and doesn't have kids or a long term gf either.

Also, kids are expensive and I want to spend my money freely on action figures and vidya games for the rest of my life. And speaking of money, it's kinda funny how poor people are the ones breeding like rabbits. I mean come on now, if you're poor enough already alone why the hell are you gonna have a multitude of kids you can't most likely feed?

So basically you will be your own child:P jk jk

I am the youngest as well. Though 4 of my 5 sisters had 2 children each before I reached the age of 18. I helped in taking care of them and grew up with some of them being less than 5 years younger than me. I out grew the reproduction phase long before I was even old enough to procreate (at a legal age).

I am broken anyways. I have PCOS. So my ability to produce offspring is less than sufficient without medical help. I refuse to take drugs to become pregnant. Why would I want to pass on this crappy medical condition anyways??

I have come to the conclusion that if you cannot get pregnant the natural way, adopt a child, it helps both parties and you do not have to pass on less than optimal genes but still get the chance to be a mother/father.

Sorry for the rant. I just had to put that out there.

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Jul 22, 2015 3:48 PM

Aug 2012
RedTie47 said:

But your signature says otherwise.
Jul 22, 2015 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
ZTHero said:
RedTie47 said:

But your signature says otherwise.

The funny quote or the sig pic? Anime is one thing. Real life is another.

You put your heart out there only to have it shattered to pieces. Not worth it.
Jan 3, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
I don't want to have any. Babies are painful to birth, messy to look after and expensive to provide for.
Jan 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
Cowabunga said:

Children are a good investment for the poor. When they are babies it opens doors to help programs not available to the childless poor (like myself) and if they become homeless it's more likely a shelter will take you in if you have a kid. Plus poor folks without children have no one to help them or look after them in old age because there won't be any money for in-home care or a decent nursing home. I have no idea what will happen to me and that's terrifying. I don't blame my peers for making what they feel is the safest investment for their future but the path to parenthood isn't for me.
Jan 3, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2015
AnnaSartin said:
I don't want to have any. Babies are painful to birth, messy to look after and expensive to provide for.

Oh, this is so true...
Jan 3, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
Is this question about RIGHT NOW or EVENTUALLY. 11 people said no so I guess the first?
Jan 3, 2016 2:57 PM

Jan 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Cowabunga said:

Children are a good investment for the poor. When they are babies it opens doors to help programs not available to the childless poor (like myself) and if they become homeless it's more likely a shelter will take you in if you have a kid. Plus poor folks without children have no one to help them or look after them in old age because there won't be any money for in-home care or a decent nursing home. I have no idea what will happen to me and that's terrifying. I don't blame my peers for making what they feel is the safest investment for their future but the path to parenthood isn't for me.

Anna idk what country you live in...but where I live (cowa I think you agree with me) having kids is most certainly not such a good investment especially if you're hoping from some kind of help from the government!!
Gab_Martins said:
AnnaSartin said:

Oh, this is so true...

But they are pretty funny too... and sweet ^^
grrr said:
Is this question about RIGHT NOW or EVENTUALLY. 11 people said no so I guess the first?

grr it's the eventually..some people don't really want to be parents ever...that's it.

Me, I say (for experience) kids are troublesome some times, but i laugh far more often now than before I had my kid. Without kids life is peaceful and simple. With kids it's kind of crazy and funny. I've always wanted the second kind of life ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.