Jun 21, 2015 12:41 AM

Oct 2014
The hallways in the Palace of Kabul.

WymsicalJun 21, 2015 12:46 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 21, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami the Head of Whispers was speaking to a hooded figure standing in shadows. The man nodded and gestured with his hands, he was speaking extremely quietly. Itami nodded once and that was seemingly the signal for dismissal as the man disappeared directly after. Itami folded his arms into the long sleeves, covering his hands and any skin there. He begins to walk through the hallways of the palace, his feet making scuffing noises on the stone.

He was heading towards the Sultan, there was news that he needed to know. It seemed that Arzla had not been making any moves in the last month, not even preparing its army for an attack. It was curious, Kabul hadn't made any moves either, it seemed both sides were at a temporary peace and had no plans on attacking any time soon... Very curious Itami thought. Now would be an almost perfect time to launch an attack, if Arzla had grown lax, then the army of Kabul could easily swipe down and attack. Maybe they would finally be able to take that pesky Fort Kingslain, then they would be able to proceed and take the rest of the forts. It was only wisps of an idea, probably not one that would be initiated, but there was always the chance... He would have to talk to the Military Czar about it.

Itami unlocked a door and peeked in, this was where he would be meeting another of his informers, as he liked to call them. He sat in a chair and a small child stepped from the cupboard that was at the side of the room, Itami liked to use children as informers, they weren't as suspicious as a man or woman and could fit into the tiniest of spaces. Itami gestured at the seat in front of him, What news have you child? He asks in his unusually clear yet quiet voice. The boy sits, a little intimidated by the Head of Whispers, although Itami was known to be rewarding to good workers. The boy nodded and spoke quickly, Itami's eyes widened in surprise. Emperor Benedict had been contemplating a marriage between his daughter and the young and famous prince of Eqomer?!? Oh this was good news, Itami was absolutely befuddled at how the young boy had crept into Castle Arzla and gotten this news, according to the boy, Emperor Benedict had been thinking out loud in his study. You can never be too careful... Itami thought with a sneer. He gets up abruptly and passes the boy a bag heavy with gold. If he was smart he would guard it and keep it secret, if not someone would most likely kill the boy and take the coin. Itami quickly left the room, oh this was a joyous moment, it was a perfect opportunity to make their move. He exited the room and shuffled away.
Jun 21, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
Walking the halls of the Palace, the Sultan was not a man to set around doing nothing for long. Chiefly looking for..or perhapes out for the Czar with good reason in either case. She was his shinning jewel...and the cause of many headaches. Plus there was that...issue his idiot son had gotten himself..one if the gods were willing, would sort its self quickly, on that note he would also need to solve that issue as well. Plus there was the upcomming trade meeting which he, and if not, the Holy Father would attend..

Seeing Itami looking pleased with himself Hasan raises a had as if to stop the master spy, or at least call him over. "And what is it you look so pleased about on this day?"
Jun 21, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami hears the Sultan and bows deeply, some may call him a sycophant but his loyalty to the Sultan was genuine. My Sultan, I have received such good news that I cannot wipe this smile from my face. An informer of mine overheard Emperor Benedict talking to himself... He pauses for dramatic effect, Itami always had been one for suspense, It seems he is contemplating the marriage of his daughter to the prince of Eqomer. This would be a wondrous opportunity to strike, do you not think? However, it is not set in stone and may not be carried out. He says, his eyes meeting the Sultans as he talked. Many avoided the gaze of the Sultan as he had unwelcoming eyes, Itami was used to the look however and he deeply respected the man.
Jun 21, 2015 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
Hasan pauses a bit at the report and shrugs after considering it. Normally missing the finer points of it, he was a great warrior, and able enough of tactical command, but his head consort was more often than not the strategic brains of his other battles. "What you suggest we smear our good name by attacking there wedding? We arn't like the common curr to our East. They will taste Kabulian steel soon enough, but not by such a underhanded means."

Sighing a bit and finding the true meaning to the mans words, yet somehow missing it the Sultan scoffs. "Besides a good part of the soldiers will be in that out of the way city. It would be stupid to attack them then and there." In was in instances like these the Sultan could be intractable, which is likely why Itami was wanting to find the best source to get through to him though the man may or may not try reasoning regardless.
Jun 21, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami thinks for a second, of course he respected the Sultans words. But this was almost too good an opportunity to give up, his eyes light up as he gets an idea. Who said that we must be the ones to attack them? Have you heard of Blood Reverence? He asks, most people had heard of them, but merely as a myth and not as a real organization, it was a name parents used to scare their children into obedience, Don't be naughty or Blood Reverence will get you! Itami knew better though, as was expected of the Head of Whispers.
Jun 21, 2015 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
"Yes I have heard of them. The Holy Father brands them Heretics to be hunted down and killed to the last, what of it? If you mean to hire them it is best we do not do so directly." While the Sultan was head strong, he knew full to well not to directly agitate the old man..though he had been help to Hasan before, did not mean he would be so in the future.

"What plots are you weaving spymaster..we may speak openly in these halls..if not then elsewhere."
Jun 21, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami nods, and twiddles his thumbs underneath his robes, a habit he realized was becoming more predominant as he aged. He stopped it, annoyed at himself, habit were not a good thing to get into. I can take care of any... arrangements... that would be necessary, and do so without them realizing you are the client. He says, his eyes flitting about, he was a cautious man and having network of informers heightened his caution, as he knew what a danger being overheard was. This was the main reason he spoke so quietly, he begins to speak again, almost inaudibly, My Sultan, if we were to strike while the Arzlanians are lax and are not expecting an attack, we would have a very high chance of success. We could get rid of the heirs to two of the most powerful families in Farem. When they are mourning the loss of their children, their judgement would be clouded and could lead to hasty... decisions.
Jun 21, 2015 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
"And if they meet us at the border in force?" Shaking his head no the Sultan narrows his eyes. "With each passing day our armies grow larger, our coffers fuller. I plan to Strike out and seize the rest of the lands my friend, I..ah Arch Priest Amon. Welcome." Giving a head nod towards the oldman who seemingly showed up from nowhere, walking the halls, he bids his guard to wait at the end of the hall as he hurrriedly walks toward the Sultan, staff in hand. Reaching the pair, the Arch Preist bows to the Sultan lightly, straitening and staring at Itami, the pair had gotten along at times, at odds on others. Turning his attention back the Hasan it was clear this was one of the later.

"Should we disgrace the gods so..I may be old but I hear the conversation well enough..also why should we not let them wed..our people would view such things as a betryal..however should the marraige happen..technically Eqomer is a Puppet on the crossroads for the wealth the Arzlanians survive on.in exchange for us not raizing them to the ground they do not join in any wars..however should they wed..the Eqomer will side with the Arzlan..in which case, the truce is over..and we can take it as they mean to invade us." The old man says while stroking his beard.

"Therefore your Highness this humble old man..suggest you give them your blessing..then raise them to the ground when our people can see the threat before them. Plus Can we truely trust those damnable heavens to not only fail, but to get caught and scream, telling directly who hired them? His Highness must not have his hands anywhere near this...plus his Majesty does have a number of daughters, we could simply make a counter offer and make use of the ignorant to carry out the will of the Sand." The old man seemed dead set against the plot all together, that much was sure.

Hearing the Oldman's words the Sultan nods with a grunt. "What you both say has merit..perhapes we should convey later in the Throne room with Nal..no my Czar and go over the plan again then. And whatever options we have." Hasan says simply. "Besides there is the issue of the Merchants and Nobles meeting to attend to sooner or later." Turning on his heels the Sultan tilts his head slightly in a bow. "I will think on what you both have said, we will hold talks again this afternoon." With that the Sultan walks off at a brisky pace, leaving Itami with the Arch Priest.

"Hmmph he thinks too highly of that Savage woman..the children are born of victory, and she has earned merit that is sure..as well as becoming a willing convert..but Regardless, Itami my son, why do you seek to smother our Masters good name with such vile plots? More so when this disgusting plot can be carried out in another means." Amon says crypticly while stroking his beard.
RedArmyShogunJun 21, 2015 7:32 PM
Jun 21, 2015 7:44 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami watched the Sultan go before turning his gaze on the Arch Priest, he respected the man, albeit not nearly as much as the Sultan. He had a certain air about him that spoke authority and of course he was one of the wisest men that Itami had ever met. Itami shifted a little under his robes, his thumbs beginning to twiddle again, I follow very simple rules Arch Priest, I am frail and old, I cannot wield a sword as I once use to, my bones fail me. When a man cannot hold a sword up and challenge his enemy, a small and near weightless knife in the back is swifter, easier and more efficient. He says with a slight shrug, not breaking eye contact with the man.

The day was quite cool compared to most in the harsh land of Kabul, winter was on them yet Kabul resisted its cold embrace, as it always had. The only time winter was felt was when the sun fell and the moon rose, Your method will cause our people to bleed much more than necessary, my method will deliver only the bloodshed of our enemies. The world isn't as fruitless to not show that dirty and shadowed tactics pay off. The Head of Whispers gestures for the Arch Priest to follow, Come, walk with me.
Jun 21, 2015 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
"Old you say?" Laughing at that Amon follows the man slightly slower. "When you are my age, then you can speak of being old..though I must ask..who told you these things..surely not a sparrow..how would they reach beyond the border?" As the pair walks on the old man sighs slight. "We are born of the sand and we return..but to murder on a sacred day in a scared event?...where as what will the knights do..even if they make it across the fields, the forts, and the river, they will never cross the desert."
RedArmyShogunJun 21, 2015 8:13 PM
Jun 21, 2015 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami laughs at the mans comment, he was indeed old. My... network, act exactly like that, a network. One informer tells one, that one that tells another, it goes on until the news reaches me. Some say the news would get distorted and fallacy will infect it, they are fools who do not know the reliability of children. Of course, other factors influence their reliability, but those are best not discussed. He says with a slightly amused tone. He wasn't a cruel man by any means, just one who always did things efficiently. Tell me, how fairs the gods favor? I know our summer and spring harvest were plentiful, will they grant us enough time for a final harvest before winter hits us at her full strength? The nights had been getting colder, but not so cold as to halt the growth of crops. Most of the time, winter would come and the crops would freeze and die during the night.
Jun 21, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
"We have stored supplies during the good years in case favor turns." Amon says blankly as if guessing what the man was aiming at. "The River lands the sultan took early on have provided us ample supply. In the case of War supplies will not be a problem. But Distance will. I also caution any grand plans, should we be unable to cross half the land mass after crully murdering two to be wed, they will not make peace. Nor does eitherside have the manpower to decisively beat the other..if we take a couple years more as the Sultan wishes, our number of troops can only rise."

Amon states, though there was truth to this, time was with them, because of how the nobility could have large numbers of children, the peasantry and slaves were generally not treated baddly, and the in compairison cheaper troops they had to field lead to them winning a mathmatics game.

"Tell me Itami, do you truely believe we can take the Heathens in a matter of days? I do ot, and I wish to see the whole land reunified as it was in ancient history, but can the hands of the rightous be tainted with crimes..regardless I do not believe we should chase this dragon..or if we do it must not have his Highness hands on it what so ever..if a minister were to act on his own and fail..the king could just offer that ministers head in apology to the grieving family..regardless if we do strike them, it should be after the wedding as then we are the just ones. Before or during, that I cannot approve." The oldman says as the pair walk onwards.

"We will have to attack them at some point, as our population grows it is only a question of time."
RedArmyShogunJun 21, 2015 9:01 PM
Jun 21, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami lets out a tsk, even though what the man had said was true, there was also something wrong with it. And as our country grows, so does Arzla's. Winter is just beginning to plague the lands of Farem, if we wait, some of the passes will be blocked with snow. Thus limiting our means of attack, it also gives Emperor Althalos time to solidify the ties with Eqomer and add a considerable amount of forces to his army. They reached the door to his chambers, he stops and turns to the Arch Priest, If we were to strike, they will be infuriated. Our troops will be able to set up numerous ambushes along the passes and borders, and when they hastily attack, it will be around mid-winter and they will be warming their hands around fires. With one deft and unexpected swoop, we can leap down and crush them as they try to pass. I doubt he would send only a meager amount of troops to attack us, so we would be able to destroy maybe half of their strength. From their we can attack straight away or even wait out the winter. He finishes speaking his thumbs twiddling the whole time he spoke. Gods be good, we don't even have to kill the couple. A simple attempt on their lives will send their nations into an uproar. If we do not do this, then we best pray that King Elendere remains impartial to the war.
Jun 21, 2015 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
"We will debate this with the Sultan." Amon says flatly with a sigh, then smiles lightly. "And who cares about the fools of Eqomer..when we have been making overturns to the elfs and dwarves..let him get his horses..if our talks with those go well, even at least the dwarves who we can attack if they say no, we have the same..though I would prefer we built up..as you said winter is coming, and I seen one too many fools that attempted to end a war in a few months..if that fool Athalos attacks his men will drown in the rivers, die upon our walls, and die in the desert. Not a single heretic will reach us..then we will cast down the false idols and take there women and sons as our own..not a single mercy will be shown."

Scoffing at the last bit the Arch Priest laughts, "Elendere is a war mongering savage like the rest of his pitifful people, they spend more time laying with there horses than the women..we quite fully expect them to attempt an attack, and unlike them we are not getting drunk with glory and parties. We fight for the Sand. If you wish to make an attempt, do you really need the Sultans say? All I can say my friend is attempt to sway the woman in the meeting, she is a warmonger as well.." Shaking his head with a sad sigh Amon walks off, while he DID want to spread his faith by any means and united the land, he did not much like war unless cause was just..likely as he had to look at the orphans and poor more than any that were among the leaders of both sides ever had.
Jun 21, 2015 9:34 PM

Oct 2014
Itami

Itami bows slightly as the Arch Priest walks off, Farewell for now than, we will as you say meet with the Sultan. He turns on his heel and withdraws a key from his robes, he then swiftly unlocks the door to his chambers and steps inside, closing the door behind him and letting out a sigh. That man relied on faith to much, Itami only put faith into himself and the Sultan, no gods helped him when he was a slave.
Jun 27, 2015 1:33 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben had left his men to take care of the supplies, he had heard rumors of a Merchants meeting and was interested. He has both his hands on the pommels of his dual swords, he was itching for a fight, despite his recent escapade in the Kabulian town. He starts to whistle quietly as he walks through the halls, he had cleansed the blood from his armor and face an hour or so ago to make himself presentable.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.