Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2015 11:36 PM

Oct 2014
Where goods and produce are sold by hawkers to the residents of Kabul.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 27, 2015 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
In a closed off section of the market the Arch Priest stands on his cane with a few of his soldiers providing security as the various leaders of Kabul enter the area, soon Ishtar as well arrives. Greeting the rest, the Arch Priest clears his throat.

"Ahem...so shall we begin.." As the drone of the group goes through its normal minutes Amon pauses looking up from his staff. "Well..it seems we have a visitor come with an offer from a distant land." Amon says with a sigh and warry look to his face.

Ishtar herself knew any sort of talks would be a failure with the oldman here..but later if she could get the source alone..
Jun 27, 2015 1:40 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben slides past the guards and strides forward into the area, looking around at everyone in the room. He steps up next to the Arch Priest, So what we doin' in this here meetin'? He asks nonchalantly and with a smile on his face. He was interested in how this country ran their affairs so he figured he might as well check it out. He keeps his hands on the pommels of his swords, just resting them there as he looks around with his ice blue eyes.
Jun 27, 2015 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Most of the Merchants don not even bother to address the barbarian as they seen him, be it fear or snobbery. Amon while looking stern still decides to educate the man, as only through reaching out in his mind, could one be taught the fiath.

"This is a meeting my son...while the Sultan controls the state, we ease him of some trouble by collecting taxes setting up agreements..the day to day govenering of a state, It is an effective system you see." Though he did wonder why the guards let him pass.

Seemingly Ishtar paid him no mind, even with his hand resting atop his blade, she was still looking for the envoy. Giving the man a glance she goes back to talking on some other issues with those around her after the Arch Priest raises his hands. "It is rare to have an outsider in one of our meetings..you may stay, it is good you show a willingness to learn, the gods of Sand offer chances to those who will take them...to a point."
RedArmyShogunJun 27, 2015 8:11 AM
Jun 27, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben grinned slightly and took a seat, resting his calf muscle on his right leg on his left knee. He looked around and quietly observed the people in the room, he knew that most people in the room, if not all, thought of him as a stupid savage. His accent and lust for battle influenced this but it was something Ben had found quite useful, he was quite an intelligent man and if people underestimated him, then it worked in his favor. Their tongues were more lose around him with difficult problems, assuming he wouldn't understand, he grinned a little wider and listened to them all talk. He noticed Ishtar and recognized her as the one with the toothpick sword that she had drawn on him, shame she had such a hostile attitude towards him, she was not a bad looking gal he thought, and she had quite a decent bust size.
Jun 27, 2015 10:15 AM

Feb 2013
In the streets right in front of the building that was used to hold the Merchants Meeting, a convoy of horses and a carriage stopped. Following the stop, one of the men in horses jumped down and then made his way to the carriage, opening the door and kneeling down to the girl that would walk out of the car.

Ellen stepped down slowly as if to dramatize her arrival, much to game's discontent. She looked at the man who opened the door and smiled lightly. "Take the carriage out of the marketplace. Later today, I wish to speak with the Sultan." She said in a whisper as the man nodded, closed the door of the carriage and then made his way back to the horse.

It was still day and the daylight was shining brightly. Ellen had an exceeding hatred for the country, specially it's blazing sunlight, which was capable of finding it's way through even the thickest of walls. She moved her umbrella to keep the sunlight from meeting her pale skin, as she made her way to the door of the building. "I am here for the meeting. I'm sure the Arch Priest and the other Merchants mentioned the arrival of an outsider." She said. The two guards opened the way for her and she walked in, now officially starting off what she liked to call The Game.

She made sure to notice all that were inside the place, specially a very old man. This one Ellen wasn't expecting to be here, specially since he was far too buried underground dealing with the troubles of the country. If he was here, however, it meant that things weren't going perfectly fine for the Sultan and his people, she believed.

Ellen made her way to the center of the meeting before bobbing a brief curtsy and introducing herself. "My name is Ellen D'Arc Acelyne." She said, as if awaiting for them to allow her to continue to the deals or to lead the conversation down that path.
Through me the way is to the city dolent;
Through me the way is to eternal dole;
Through me the way among the people lost.
Justice incited my sublime Creator;
- Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto III.
Jun 27, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
Amon nodding in reply didn't really much care to see this girl. Negoiations would be short.

"Ah Child of the false gods of the east, what is it you wish of us?" He says with a scoff as most conversation dies down. He assumed the Mercenary had used the same like as she did..clever..this man may be of some use yet.. "I am Arch Priest Amon, out with it girl."

For her Part Ishtar simply smiles, and tries to draw the girls favor, or at least attention. This meetings outcome would be predictable with the hardheaded old man. "Now, now Holy father..is that a way to treat a guest?..even if a heritic her gold is still gold, is it not?" With a slight smile she bows lightly towards her.

Amon for his part scoffs. "Gold will not buy one favor with the gods." He says blankly with a hostile glare. In turn Ishtar laughs deciding to bait him a little. "Yet that doesn't keep you from asking for donations.."

With a hostile glare, the old priest slowly turns his attention back to Ellen with the same look of contempt as when she had arrived..
Jun 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Feb 2013
Ellen hears the commotion and feels hostile way the Arch Priest retorted to her words. Much to her distaste, the men even dared to mention her as a follower of the false Gods of the East, which she pretty much believed to be just as false as his stupid Sand Gods. However, none of this appeared on her, as she simply smiled and giggled. They didn't need to know her true opinion for her to participate of the Game. The Old Man had no information about her, but she had a lot of information on him. His fervent belief could be very well one of his weaknesses.

"Now, Arch Priest, I bow my head to you. Just because I am from the East does not mean I follow their Gods." With that, she looks towards Ishtar briefly before continuing to speak. "We, me and my father, believe that all forms of religion must be appreciated and that every belief counts. As a shown of that, we come here with an offer for the event." With that, she continues with a sparking smile. "The people from the West do not have the same luxury of the East when it comes to farming and other very... Rare goods that our people can offer you. Ranging from wine to fresh fruits that are not available to you. We come here to offer a donation for the festival the Kabulian Empire will undertake on the following days. These are obviously meant to be aimed towards your most rich noblemen and merchants. Why not even the Sultan himself?" Of course, her offer wasn't very refutable. The merchant she killed was the only one who made these deals with Arzlian people for these luxury goods. They now had no person who made these offers to them, much less at the price she was offering. "And all that we ask is that we, me and my father, get a seat at the Merchant Area in order to enjoy this cultural festival that will happen here and to see the wits of the Kabulian gladiators." The girl was hiding something, but only someone with a very keen eye would notice it. Someone as experienced as she was in the game, had already planned with some other Merchants and told them about how she and her father valued cultural festivals.

Although she had said it to the other merchants, the truth wasn't very far from it. Merek was a cult man, and she was his daughter so it only made sense she'd wish to follow him in these important events. Her offer seemed as symbolic as it seemed generous.
Jun 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
"Hmph...they could show some piousness and do without these heritic gifts." While some of the Merchants did infact seem keen on her deal, with the Arch Priest there, none of them dared speak up. "It is well and good you come this way, but all religions having value? That borders on..no it is Heresy. But you are not from here so it shall be overlooked. I will not allow for the Kings coin to be spent on such triffals...though as is our hospitality, you may have your seat as a guest provided the festives are held.." Not going into detail with his last remark the old man runs a hand through his beard. For now it seemed to deal was ended by his religious rulling.

Untill Ishtar speaks up with a cough. "Pardon me you Eminance..you said the Kings coin correct..I for one think contact with other peoples is not such a bad thing..but if the kings gold cannot be spent..what of my own? Afterall the Church cannot influence a basic Merchant. These are items bought with my own gold, than I can then resell to the other merchants..unless any of the others with to also join the deal?"

In that instant the Arch Priest casts his glare down upon her, likely if not for the current situation, and his age, he would have struck her down then and there. "You would consort with several races..if not for your arrangement..Very well I shall consent to a private transfer.." Amon displeased with this womans turn of events stares at her briefly then hits his staff on the ground three times. I'll see you dead soon enough..but not before you give our next sultan his son..then I'll see that the both of them.. not finishing his thoughts and breathing deeply the old man starts to walk away. "This meeting is over.." The other Merchants still cowed, and a bit shamed by the fact they were outdone by that woman caused very few of them to linger around.

Looking at the Girl Ishtar smiles thinly while being overly helpful it would seem a price would be asked for it. "So..Ellen was it..shall we make a deal and have a little talk? I will be going to the palace, I assume you may wish to see the Sultan?" Casually noting the guards, she had overplayed her hand angering the old man..luckly his memory might be short..or victory in her schemes might pay off..so far she was sure this girl was who she was searching for.
Jun 27, 2015 11:44 AM

Feb 2013
Ellen sighed as the man made his way out of the meeting. His reluctance was clear and the fact that the woman had been overly helpful was also clear. Ellen wondered why she helped, though. It seemed like the cost had been high. Honestly, Ellen didn't expect the Arch Priest to be as hardheaded as people said him to be. Her sigh was very quiet, quiet enough so that the man wouldn't hear it.

As everyone left, the woman made her way to talk with Ellen, who smiled in response. "Ah, yes. I would speak with the Sultan had my deal with the Arch Priest been successful, now though, I believe I must, instead, speak only to you." Ellen responded. "My carriage should be arriving on the next few seconds, do you wish to speak for the time being or would you like for us to converse inside it?" Ellen asked. The woman seemed secretive and careful with her acts as she was with diplomacy. "Also, I wish to thank you. Had you not intervened, the Arch Priest wouldn't have even allowed me to begin my wordings." She said as she, once more, sighed.
Jun 27, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
"Think nothing of it..tell me you spoke of other religions..I care not for any of them as long as they don't go around chopping off heads. I like to see heads attachted to bodies, only way they can spend and earn gold, so what one do you favor?" Considering the girls offer of where to speak, the technically next Sultana notes the Mercenary, bowing her head to him lightly as if to bid farewell she also does the same towards the Arch Priest, what good it would do.

Hmm..let us talk in your Carriage.as to the Sultan, I could still arrange that, I am betrothed to his eldest son...though there is a curious riddle I've ran across you might be able to help me with..but that can wait till we are inside. Though there is also our business matter to discuss.."

As the pair wait the Carriage surprisingly isn't long in comming. Entering one side herself, she waits for Ellen before posing her so called riddle.
Jun 27, 2015 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen giggles lightly at her question. "Didn't I say there? I like to thing that all are equal... The same thing that gets in the way of business, as usual from them." She says before she follows the woman. She responded that they should speak inside the carriage, so Ellen quickly shut her mouth for the time being and awaited for the carriage. Once it had arrived, Ellen made her way in soon after Ishtar.

"Ishtar, right? I saw your name when I was on my way here." Ellen said as soon as she sat down, facing Ishtar right in front of her. Behind Ellen were multiple books, some of them including a red-marked star and others apparently being hand-written. "So, why help me? What are your intentions by going against the Arch Priest, just to grant me a chance of finishing my deal?" Ellen asked. It was, to say the least, strange that the woman had extended out a hand to help her in this case. She wondered if the woman was taking guesses at who she was and who she worked to. Or even if she was a member of the Blood Reverence. People were learning fast nowadays, apparently.
Jun 27, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm...let us say a man that listens to birds told me an interesting tail.." Recalling the information the minister had passed to her, she nods her head once in confirmation of her name. "Indeed..but as to helping you, I have a bit of a pest problem that you might be able to help with..ot at least know one who does."

Stretching slightly the woman continues. "..a comfy ride. But there are three families of birds..the three being at odds helps keep the tree nice and safe. However the two nests on one side are starting to ponder building together, and throw the thrid nest out. One bird in the nest wants to kick over the new nest and kill its younglings, while then taking the credit..I find this most unwise..why would it not be better to arrange it so both nests look at one another uneasily?..Nevermind the gophers and squirrles." Smiling lightly, she half wished there was some wine but that could wait..she still had another issue to take care of.

"Regardless of my trouble with birds, I have to say your offer was a good one. and I intend to mark up the prices slightly to sell to those that stayed. So why would I turn you away for being from elsewhere?" Wondering if the girl would get what she meant by the bird nests being the kingdoms and her request, she would respond in detail if she was correct.
Jun 27, 2015 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen quietly stood still as she heard what the woman was saying. She came up talking about birds, which were an analogy for the current situation of the Kingdoms, and about how her trouble would turn up in a good investment later on. Of course, anyone with business eyes could understand what the results of receiving these luxury products would be.

Ellen giggled lightly as she talked about the birds. "Well, those birds seem quite agitated. There's one thing, though. Not all birds are as subtle as a hawk, whose attack can be seen from a mile away. Some birds prefer to stalk their prey before finally attacking." She said as she smiled, but then continued. "This new nest, it will be formed by the unison of the two other nests, so one would need to attack the nest from the inside, if they are to break the trust between the two other bird races. It's not that hard... Just requires someone who's as against it as the older nest is. There are these little special birds, whose fur is tainted in red and blood. They could be quite useful for what you're saying..." With that, she leaned back on her seat and watched the woman carefully.
Jun 27, 2015 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
"...hmm..I know of a white dove that would hate those birds..provided they don't go rabid I don't mind where the poor red things nest..Of course a desert hawk I've seen may feel diffrently..though indeed I would rather the Hawk is not to blame..though the hawk should protect his neighbors nest if there is need..the red bird could look blue and cause such a fuss..not that I would have the nest dumped out..after all the other animals who live around the tree may want to play..but allas.." Ishtar says with a bit of a smile.

"So lets talk pricing..for the goods, and for the bird watching advice. Also would you still like to see the Sultan?"

In general while slightly deviating from the plan, the whisper master had wanted, this would be a bit cleaner..just an attempt with the foe in question, with her own diplomatic ploys with the Dwarves and Elves, it should be possible to neutralize the alliance..or at least cause distrust..even as they march together in one boot each would have his hand on his own blade..coupled with what the Mercenary had offerd. With a grim smile she would leave her husband in a rather nice position..though the military aspect was truely out of her hands, she could lay the ground work for it.

Umming to herself as she waits for some answers or to set up more details on what they wished to do.
Jun 27, 2015 5:10 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen, for a minute, seemed to possess a much different aspect as her smile turned to a small sick smirk. "Red birds tend to only be red after they are dirtied with their prey's blood." As she said that, she then finished with a small click of her tongue and then she looked away. She looked backwards and placed her hands on one of the books that had a red star on it. She then gave it to Ishtar. "I will not be meeting the Sultan today, as I must continue my travel with the convoy and make my way back to Eqomer and then back to the capital. However, that does not mean we cannot converse. On the book I'm giving you are certain locations that we can meet on and names that you can try to search for, if you wish for us to continue the dealings. The deals will be made mostly by a messenger of my father, as he is the one that will plan out prices of the luxury goods." With that, the carriage stopped and someone opened the door to Ishtar's side. Two knights made their way down the horses and looked towards Ellen, who had motioned for them to come over. "Give the noble woman a... Generous amount of gold and a box of jewels. The latter is my gift to the next to be Sultana." With that, she smirked. "You see, I have friendly birds in many nests." With that, she motioned for the knight to help her out.

When she walked out, Ellen looked outside. "I will tell a friend of mine to pay you a friendly visit by the night. You don't need to tell me where you will be. She will talk with you about the price of any other... Trivial conversations you might want to have." With that, the door of the carriage closed and the knights went back to their horses. The carriage had stopped directly in front of the palace. After the knights made their way up the horses, the carriage once more started moving.
Jun 27, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
"hmm..a smart policy." Admiring the gifts, they would sell rather well..though for now it would not hurt to keep them..but for now what to do with them.. Smiling a bit at and idea she had, Isthar gives the girl a slight bow in respect. It was good to conduct such business. "Very well I shall speak with this messager at night..though they should be warry..as you would likely understand, a future Sultana must bare her Sultan's Sultan. "It is a shame we could not speak longer however..I look forward to our next exchange."

Taking the box of jewels in tow she smiles a bit..peace was the key more than royal honors and land..while everyone wanted to play war, the cult of blood if modernized..coupled with economic dominace would make Kabul a major power by default..her husband would rule supream, and she would be there next to him..while a grand plot for now it was better to take small steps.
Jun 27, 2015 6:48 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben had simply watched the exchange with a bored expression, hearing the honeyed words come from their mouths was a rather tedious task. Say what needed to be said and be done with it, you could hide things from others without the metaphors and fancy words, Ben knew their meanings of course, he just thought it was stupid to use them in speech. He sighed, You tell me t'stab shit, I'll stab shit. He says bluntly, he was bored and wanted some action. He watched the two get in the carriage and looked at the Arch Priest, he stands up and walks over to the man, I'd be wary o' tha' un' mate, she don't seem to friendly. He then takes his leave, striding out of the are with his hands on the pommels of his swords.
Jun 27, 2015 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
"Oh..I plan to my son..I plan to..and to take care of another issue soon enough..very much soon enough.." Amon says with a slight look of malice then a soft smile. "If you and your men need food, our service feeds the poor and those who are willing to listen to the sermon on the gods." Bowing politely the oldman and his guard make way for the temple grounds..it was madness to hold a festival with all this talk of war..more so what to even host in the first place..though whith luck they could get away with just the games in the arena..that wouldn't cost the budget..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.