Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2015 9:45 PM

Oct 2014
This is where the Blood Reverence reside. If you are an assassin in this organization, you make your home thread in here.

YzmaelJun 20, 2015 9:58 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 21, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
On the lower levels above the bottom, the halls and walkways were lined with countless torches, their light flickering, battling the abyssal darkness of the depths. Like a maze all the walls and paths looked similar, except, for a large black square pocket of shadow that stuck out at an intersection where three halls met. Seemingly unimportant, behind the wall, where all halls ended, was a hidden room. Behind that, a hidden hallway, and beyond that the hidden residence of the Blood Pope. Resembling a castle the place had many rooms on different levels, built of stone it felt foreign to the rest of the slums of Arzla. It presented an old and sacred appearance, blood red banners draped on the walls without windows, candelabrums in corners and chandeliers illuminating the ceilings.

The place was so filled with light that it seemed darkness was an unwanted guest, as were the men seated beside a young man with red hair and a bored expression. Sitting at a square table with his associates to his right, Merek listened intently to their propositions and progress updates. While his head resting on his chin suggested he would rather be anywhere but there, it wasn't due to their presence, no, it was due to something else. Something which he had experienced a majority of his life and never failed to cease, success.

The men rambled on about how wonderful his advise and plans had went, without even a sliver of trouble or resistance. Of course the men were lying, he knew, as most his tactics were risky, but they had yet to fail which was something he hoped for. As they continued one after another a tanned gentleman in foreign clothing entered the room, approaching the left of the table. It was easy to assume he was from Kabul, except for his accent which didn't match his attire.

Raising his hand to the gentlemen at the table Merek turned his attention to his guest as he approached. "I return with good news your excellency." he spoke with joy. "I've managed to persuade them." ""Were there any doubts?"" "Yes, sire." the man said looking down glumly. Looking back up with an air of seriousness he stated "I dealt with them as you instructed." "Things should not go array, not after..." Looking to the men at the table he turned his gaze away in the opposite direction "I told them.. what you mentioned." "They complied immediately after that." he finished with a smile of confidence.

"Very well, you have my thanks." Merek said with a stoic expression and monotone voice. Shifting his gaze to the men at his side he said "You're dismissed." They shared quick glances and expressions of surprise in which Merek smiled lightly. As if he had given them a glare of death they quickly got up and left, muttering among each other. Looking back at the man, he spoke again in his joyous tone. "Is Ellen present?" ""Yes, she awaits you in her quarters"" "So, you approve?" The smile from earlier returned briefly sending a chill up the man's spine. ""Yes, she is yours to wed."" "Thank you sire!" the man said after a face of delight and a bow. ""Do keep the noise down."" Merek responded jokingly but without changing expression. Chuckling the man nodded and turned on his heel. With noticeable energy he left through the door he had come through, Merek's eyes following him until the door shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking through lit halls the man from Kabul arrived at the door of Ellen D'Arc Acelyne. Happy yet slightly nervous he checked himself over to be presentable before knocking on the door. There was no reply, only the dead silence of the hall filled with the crackling of flame. Resolving to knock again, this time harder, before he could start he heard the faint sound of a voice welcome him in. Filled with delight and butterflies he opened the door and proceeded in.
AstrosJun 21, 2015 11:49 AM
Jun 21, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
In one of the hallways of the fortress that was the residence of the Blood Pope, stood a single wooden door, reinforced with iron and strangely less bright up than the other areas of the castle. It much resembled a dark corner of secrets, one where someone would hide their little mystery and where they knew very few would reach out to look at.

It was the door to Ellen's room, a place dark and cold, much different from the other rooms of the place. It was strangely uncolored and it was lighted by blue flames which burned only to illuminate the corners and tables of the room. The girl, owner of the room, was on one of the desks of the large room, reading a book with her red eyes. She slightly raised her eyes to see the outside of the room, where she noticed the lines of red, intertwined and connected like a maze that much resembled this entire base. Except those weren't hallways and they weren't leading you anywhere except for someone's interior. He was still far.

"So this is the man he mentioned, huh... He looks slightly appetizing..." She mused herself as she licked her lips. Honestly, she detested drinking people's blood, although it was necessary from time to time. Unlike full vampires, it wasn't so desperate and she didn't have the need to constantly drink blood. Instead, it was much like something she would do every few weeks or so in order to keep her powers at least active.

She snickered as the man neared her door. At first, a timid knock, which she hadn't heard came through the door, something like someone afraid of what was inside. After that, another one, stronger and more convicted than the last one. She voiced out for him to come in and so he did, opening the door to the dark and obscure room, with only a girl with pink hair and red eyes. She had vested like this just to keep up the act. After all, she loved when her food didn't realize their imminent death. It was a much more preferable to see the look of surprise in their face as they didn't believe in what was just about to happen.

Ellen laid the book aside and got up from her bed. She once more giggled as she looked at the man from head to foot and then back, as if studying him. She licked her lips once more and then spoke softly and happily. "Hello, Mister. It's been some time since I last saw you. I believe you have finished your accomplishment and we can go one step ahead?" She had already heard from Merek about the offer he had given the man. Overall, however, it was naught but a trap, carefully laid to the man so that she would be able to feast once more on someone's blood.

She moved her hand forward and then signaled for him to come closer. "Come over here, let me take a good look at you." She said, applying a slightly more romantic tone to her voice, much like a tease.
Through me the way is to the city dolent;
Through me the way is to eternal dole;
Through me the way among the people lost.
Justice incited my sublime Creator;
- Divine Comedy, Inferno, Canto III.
Jun 21, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2013
Removing his turban he obeyed and walked closer to her beside the bed. "Yes, it has, you're as beautiful as ever." he said with confidence. The swelling feeling in his heart from seeing her once again had given him courage and calmed his nerves. Staring at her eyes he was entranced before letting them wander to her head full of hair. Following them down her body his eyes wandered across it sheepishly. Carnal desires had taken root in his mind but he tried his best to dismiss them. "How have you been?" he asked finally returning her gaze with a yearning one of his own.
Jun 21, 2015 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
As the man returned her gaze, looking at her the same way she had to him, but with different intentions, Ellen giggled again and then moved slightly closer to him. "I've been waiting. You can't look at me lustfully, however, not yet..." She said as she placed a finger on his lips, as if telling him to stay quiet. She moved further closer to him and then she sat on his lap, much to continue her teasing. "After all, we're not wife and husband yet." She added as she looked him directly in his eyes. "Tell me, Mister, why have you chosen me as your prize for the services you have given my father?" She asked. She wondered for how long she would keep the act up until he discovered. Perhaps she should start giving him tips here and there...
Jun 21, 2015 1:31 PM

Dec 2013
Casting his eyes down with shame at her mention of his wandering eyes "I'm terribly sorry." he said in apology. Upon her placing a finger on his lips he returned his gaze to her bright clear eyes. His heart leapt when she sat down onto his lap, and with a flushed faced listened to her question his motives. Chuckling slightly and looking down he gazed at her hands while speaking "I thought it obvious." he said placing his own near the ends of her fingers, not daring to grasp it completely. "It is because I love you." he said raising his head and returning her stare with a passionate one of his own. "Since I laid eyes on you, there has never been anything so persistent on my mind." "In my daily thought, on my wayward travels, even in my dreams." "You have always managed to be there." he said professing his love as if it were a reoccurring nightmare that would never let him rest.
Jun 21, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen attempted to hold in her snicker and keep the seriousness of the act, but the way he had claimed to love her was far too funny for her to just ignore and keep on going with the act. She let out a soft giggle, hesitant and reluctant, before she then once more looked directly in his eyes. She placed both her hands on his cheeks and spoke once more. "You're sweet, I'll give you that. You'll be led back to the original Blood with kindness." She said, smiling largely. Of course, she was just laying this here with care, as if to say that, when he died, he would be led carefully. "Until then, though... You're all mine."

She moved her face closer as if to kiss him. However, when their lips were inches away from each other, she revealed her teeth and moved her head down to his neck, delivering a very strong bite to it as she held his shoulders for him not to struggle. As she bit on and applied the strength to her hands, he fell down on the bed. Her canines were sunk deep on his veins, draining his blood and his strength at an impressive pace. It was as if his life energy was being sucked very quickly. She didn't let go of him, even though he struggled with all his strength. He tried to push her, but it had no effect. He tried to turn, but her hold on his shoulders was too strong. He tried to scream and call for help, but no one came.

After a few seconds of her sucking onto his neck, she placed her hand on his chin and then forced it, successfully breaking his neck and causing immediate death. After that, Ellen continued to consume his blood until it was void and dry. The man's dark skin turned pale and there was blood everywhere on the sheets. After that, she got up to her feet and closed her eyes. Her breathing was heavy, her mind was blank. This was what she called the Blood Frenzy, an after-effect of drinking blood. Outside battles, she could control it by concentrating, but if she was fighting for her life here, she would've already killed anything in sight. After she had finished calming herself down, she took a deep breath and turned to a nearby table. She found a nearby napkin and took it to clean her mouth from the blood. She once more looked at the man on the bed, now dead. "May you return to the nature of all things." She mused as she turned her back to it and walked to the door. She opened it and a few servants awaited outside. "Clean the mess." She ordered as she made her way through the hallways.

She was now starting to feel weak. Once again, an after-effect of drinking blood cursed her. However, she didn't mind for now. She could still walk, talk and her appearance changed little. She just wouldn't be able to fight against someone for the next couple of days.

The girl made her way through long hallways and eventually emerged on the main hall, where the Blood Pope awaited her. "You have sent me a rather interesting one this time, Merek. The man was so blind with love and passion he didn't even see it coming." She said in a mock tone as she smiled and giggled.
Jun 21, 2015 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
Having dinner set out on the table while the man was away. Above ground the sun was beginning to set on the horizon. Unnoticeable underground, the meal serve more than sustenance, it acted as a clock as well. Looking as his partially touched meal Merek was lost in thought as Ellen entered the room. When she began taking a seat he replied "Well, love is blind as it is strong.", diverting his gaze to her momentarily to seemingly suggest something. Looking down at his food again he took a bite before speaking again. "So, did you learn anything from him?" he asked.
Jun 21, 2015 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen made her way to one of the seats that was on the opposite side of the table, sitting down and looking down at her food with a rather strange stare. For her, food was slightly tasteless. It was a fountain of nutrition, like Blood, but much less effective. Specially after she had just had a feast, she wouldn't eat.

She looked towards Merek and spoke. "He was an important member of the Kubalian's Merchant Guild. They're going to have a meeting this month. I believe we should send some people to inspect their meeting." She said as she saw a glass of wine standing near the food plates. She took a sip and then continued to speak. This time, her tone was emotionless, almost like a monologue of her own thoughts, but without any sort of personal addition to it. "You know, it takes some time for me to adapt to the new information. It'll take some hours before I can fully absorb his memories." She said as she took one of the forks and dug it into the meat. "So, what're we going to do next, Master?" She asked as she twisted the meat and played with it.
Jun 21, 2015 3:52 PM

Dec 2013
*sigh* "There's not much to do, at this point." he said resting his jaw on his fist. "He was tasked with swaying the meeting in our favor. There are many heads of the Kubal trade expected to be there. A few who aren't doing so well." he stated after a moment, hinting at an opportunity to gain another advantage. Taking a morsel of food and staring at it on the tip of his fork he spun it as he poke again. "I know it takes time for you to collect their memories, I just grow tired of this necessitate waiting." he said before taking a bite.
Jun 21, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
As the pair set eating at the old entrance an amount of dust starts to gather as a metalic clink can slowly be heard. Bit by bit gravel falls..bits of stone small as pebbles..then rocks, untill a whole section collapses. From the otherside a well dressed arm reaches its way through, patting the wall. "Ah found it!" Pulling her arm back in, the source of the voice begins ramming the wall, with metalic clanks and umph's being heard. Finally breaking a large enough section to climb through a strange looking shovel followed be a red eyed woman climbs through the whole.

With a bit of a scowl Grave stares at the pair. "Hey Mister Pope, Why did yah have to change the entrances, it was a pain going around in those dark caves, your people said there would be a body for me to take care of later today ehehehehe..." Stopping with a serious look on her face, she stares at the food then back at the man.

"...so where is the guy I need to take out?" As if oblivious to disrupting the evening or the fact she had likely spent some time hammering away at that wall, Grave hums to herself waiting for an answer.
Jun 21, 2015 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen giggled lightly at his disappointment. She twisted the meat more and more, and slowly it was becoming much like a paste of meat. "That's untrue. There are some options we have." With that, she stopped moving her hands and then acquired a serious look in her face. "I heard that there will be a serious festival on a Kubal. In his memories, I can see he was doing business with one of the caravans who were supposed to supply the festival. I guess he won't be anymore now, will he?" She asked rhetorically as she meant that they could now make the caravan.

"The caravan was supposed to be sent to the Merchants Guild VIP area, as it possessed some very high quality products that were made the man's slaves. We may make use of this to our favor and to infiltrate the Guild before the meeting." Saying that, the girl smiled mischievously. "And I can be the daughter of the most important merchant of Arzla, there to offer them a deal they can't refuse." She said with her happy tone, inquiring the Game.

After she finished saying that, however, the sound of metal tearing through stone could be heard and Ellen instinctively sighed. "She's back again?" She mused to herself in a mutter as the wall broke down and revealed the girl with the shovel.

Ellen immediately got up and turned her back to the Blood Pope, but taking the wine glass with her. "I shall take a walk through Hightown and see if I can meet some nobles who attempt to court me. Nighttime is the best to find the unrighteous, after all." As she mused that, she started to make her way to the exit... And not the exit that the shovel knight had created.
Jun 21, 2015 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
Thinking over the proposition he didn't need to go in person as things should have been mostly handled by his former associate, but upon realizing it would mean more waiting around he thought it couldn't hurt. This train of mind was cut at the sound of metal hitting stone. Chuckling lightly at Ellen's remark he knew as well who it was and had expected as much from the woman. "Be careful." he told Ellen as she left, more so of her actions than her well being.

"Unfortunately someone couldn't keep a secret." he said in reply to Grave's question. Standing up from his seat he went to a door to the side of the room. Knocking once it opened slightly and he said "Our guest is here for her package, see her outside.", with a nod the person closed the door and Merek returned to his seat. "He's on his way." "How's business been?" he asked before shortly two men bring out the body of the Kudal.
Jun 21, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Watching the girl leave Grave hesitates briefly then walks over to plate of food the girl left mostly untouched. Looking at it for a bit she noticed a few seafood items mostly a crab and some fish, rather than cutting the head or shell off, she simply pockets the crap, and bites a portion of the fish's head off.

While chewing she swallows to answer the Blood Popes question. "So you want me to chop him up, or build him a box? Ehehehehe.. And work is work..always someone that needs to be burried, some of them just don't seem to know they are already dead though..but thats what mamma's shovel is for." Going back to taking another bite of her fish she doesn't seem to botherd by this talk at all..if she even was.
Jun 21, 2015 5:36 PM

Dec 2013
Watching the girl pocket the food, Merek can't help but wonder how she was raised. "Please, help yourself." he says, encouraging her to eat her fill. "I'd like him buried under traveler." "I'm sure you've seen it before, they wander into the city and meet their unfortunate end." Reaching for his wine he takes a drink before setting it down and showcasing his generosity. "Would you like a change of attire?" "It seems those have gotten rather filthy."
Jun 21, 2015 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
"Ah thanks! Never let anything go to waste! Ehehehe...and don't bother poisoning me..its been tried..my old teacher she used to do it all the time to toughen me up." Thinking on his offer for a dress she pauses from eating as if considering it. "Nah, tis fine ser, I would have to pay you back somehow then, I have plenty others, good at fixing em unless they get slashed."

Thinking on his other remark she giggles lightly. "But of course, I do it all the time Ser."
Jun 22, 2015 10:36 AM

Dec 2013
"Sounds like a caring woman." Merek said with a straight face. Picking up a knife he begins cutting his food meticulously before taking another bite. "Very well, your fee will arrive at your residence, like before, please do be discreet in burying him, I'd hate to be the cause of unrest." he said after wiping his mouth.
AstrosJun 22, 2015 10:40 AM
Jun 22, 2015 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
"Aww but ser! So you don't want me to chop him up." Sighing heavily with a Huff the woman walks off, squeezing back through the hole she had made, with a umph sound followed by a cry of Ouch, as she smacks the wall on the otherside, being gone long enough for Merek to mostly finish his meal, a number of painted 1x4's, a long strand of rope, and the girl her self all fall back through the same hole. It also happend the body was there.

Whistling to herself, she uses the boards, and already exsisting nails to build a coffin, slapping the sections together with her shovel as she works happily. Having finished her project unaware of if Merek was still eating or had stopped given her disruption she stands to her feet, streatching her left leg and right arm out with a yawn, Grave then cracks her neck liglthly, before standing stright.

Grabbing the man by his legs, she drags him into the box, smiling pleases with her work...though his feet and a little of his leg would not fit. Humming aloud Grave starts to sing. "Knee goes in, knee goes out, turn it left, if he shouts, hit him on the head.." With that she grabs his right leg, twisting the lower untill a loud snap and cracking can be heard. Repeating the Process with the other leg, she checks the body with a scan of her eyes.

"Oh I see...hmm I'll have to take care of that, hey hey Popeman, mind if I eat first..cause when I'm done I'm gonna have to stab him in the chest with my shovel..don't want him rising up and digging out..just in case yah know. Also got anymore work for me, or want me to get it over with now?" She asks from where she currently was in the room, although talking to him, she was now pulling out the crab from earlier, snacking on it..even crunching the shell to bits.
Jun 22, 2015 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Taking care to thoroughly wipe his mouth clean with his napkin Merek crumpled it up and set it down. "Help yourself to as much as you want." he said gesturing to the food left on the table. Rising from his seat and pushing it back he stood to address her further. "That should be all for now, I'll send word if I need you again." Turning to leave he stopped and looked over his shoulder. "Oh, and no need to mutilate the body, it's been taken care of." with this he meant the giant hole she has overlooked where the man's heart use to be.

Without further words Merek left the girl and headed toward a door behind where he had been sitting. It lead a short distance to a small square room with another door and a guard out front. Upon seeing him the guard stood up from leaning against the wall and opened the door. Proceeding through, Merek walked down a long narrow declining flight of stairs. As the door shut behind him the light from it disappeared and he was in almost completely darkness. As he walked further down the ceiling got higher and it began to get faintly brighter as a blue light climbed up from the bottom.

The faint sound of chanting was now clearly audible as he was a dozen steps from the bottom. Arriving there he was greeted by the sight of a fairly large circular room with many people in red robes. There was a patch of barren ground in the middle of the room which took up two thirds of it, in a circle there stood many high members of Blood Reverence chanting.

With circular columns to their backs an upper level lay above them with a void equal to the ground underneath them. It allowed what little moonlight that could penetrate the dense levels of the slums to fall upon them. In the background on the upper level was the faint shrills and yells of gagged voices. Aligned in a circle, not allowing wasted space, there were people in stocks and chains naked, beside them were men wearing red cloaks with knives. On the ground level near the walls and behind the columns were people with drums and instruments, singing along with those in the middle.

With him arriving they ceased as the second highest of the order turned and flipped down his hood. "Finally, you're here, we've been anxiously awaiting." "Everyone is eager to begin the Reciprocity." With this he motioned to the circle of members as two men came up to Merek, one from each side. The one on his right knelled presenting a gilded blade, the one of his left held his hands flat ready to take his clothes. Uttering not a single word he started to undress before them until he was completely naked. Taking the blade into his hand he walked forward and joined the human ring in the middle.

Smiling at him for the entire time the second highest undid his robe and too became naked. Following suit the remaining members of the ring stripped naked until everyone was as such. "Let us begin!" the man said again with a tone of joy as he raised his hands to the sky along with a few of others as the chanting picked up again. Above the noise increased as they realized what was next to come.

As the singing picked up again and was different than before the men above got to work. Slicing the bound peoples ankles, wrists and throats, blood began to spill on the ground above them. Collecting into a circle indented into the floor the angle of it guided the blood down narrow channels converging at the middle. Running over the edge of the void it rained down upon Merek and the surrounding members.

Some looked up in delight as they were bathed in the liquid, others kept their head down as it flowed over their faces and down their backs. Merek simply stood solid, unchanging, as he emotionlessly chanted along. After awhile the flow began to ebb, then with many thuds and the sound of flesh hitting the floor, the executioners made the final cuts to bleed their assassination targets dry. With the chanting nearing its end the members raised their hands to the sky, taking their blades and slitting their wrists. Merek squeezed and watched as his blood ran down his forearm and fell to the ground, joining the large pool that was covering the earth beneath him. With this final gesture it had ended, the bi-annual group Reciprocity and show of faith regarded the highest in the Blood Reverence.
AstrosJun 22, 2015 10:37 PM
Jun 22, 2015 10:08 PM

Oct 2014
(O.O Lol that is bloody dark as xD)
Jun 22, 2015 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm Okay I'll take care of it." Grave says with a smile. As soon as the man leaves however, she drives her shovel into the dead mans chest, to be sure no matter what he wouldn't be coming back..she wasn't given to counting on the words of others..

With that out of the way she sighs heavily..where was blood on her dress now..the very thing she wanted to avoid so she could eat. With a sad slump to her shoulders the woman starts to hammer the casket together nail by nail, sealing the man up inside. Taking her length of rope and making a makeshift harness, the woman whistles a tune as she carries the body out on her back. This time using the correct exit as a number of servents begin to pester her over the wall and there attempts to fix it.

"Well lets burry him..then just look around town for work ehh.." She says to no one at all.
Jul 28, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
Ishtar having enterd the city two days later under the cover of darkness sends the rider and Tanin ahead she would meet up with them for the morning without difficulty, while just a show, an envoy being sent to a wedding wasn't so strange, more so when it was to lobby against it before it happend. Though her true purpose was to sow doubt, find alternative leavers of power, and to render the war into a crashing Halt, eventually Kabul would have to rise up,but for now a status quo was not a bad thing. More so if Kabul could meet the designs she had in mind..but those thoughts were reserver for later.

Having decoded the book, or rather the passage in reguards to here, there was little doubt in her mind that the vampire..or what she assumed the girl was, had already been here. While she had the chance to meet a number of minor stop overs, she decided her goals could only be answerd by the man that ran the show so to speak.. The Kabulian enters deeper through the tunnels and comes apon a lighted area, guarded by two men in robes. "Informer your leader a Traveler from the West comes wishing to speak with and employ your sect." Reaching under her cloak, the red eyed woman holds a book of the order up. "And return this to its owner.."
Jul 28, 2015 8:41 PM

Dec 2013
The man on the left looked to his friend with the torch who tilted his head in an order to fetch a guide. "We've been waiting. Come!" he called in a raspy voice up to the Kabulian as his friend disappeared behind him. Upon meeting with them, the man's friend returned with a man in red robes who looked to be in his 40s. "Welcome! The pope has been waiting." he said with a smile warmly before gesturing to lead. As they downed the hall and turned a corner the men guarding could be heard whispering briefly off in the distance at their post.

They continued down various hallways of complexity, which without consciously trying to memorize, would leave one lost. Upon stopping at a door the man lightly knocked with pattern before muttering "Your visitor is here." which was responded swiftly with "Let her in.". Opening the door the Kabulian was greeted to a rather out of place room. The floor was moderately covered with rugs of foreign design. Vases populated a corner and various sections of the room, but seemed out of place. On the walls hung odd paintings, mostly depicting human sacrifice, and scattered between them were shelves of books, all varying in color and size. In the middle of the room were placed two tables accompanied by 4 chairs.

All of this made for a rather odd looking library, one that obviously tried to appear refined but failed due to location. Seated at a third table farther behind the other two was a man in his 30s with short red hair and a goatee. He sported a scar on his right eye and showed signs of not aging well. Behind him was a giant mirror that reached to the ceiling and seemed to have little purpose. Choosing to allow the Kabulian to state her business he simply stared silently and looked over her features as the man in red closed the door and left them.
AstrosJul 28, 2015 10:15 PM
Jul 28, 2015 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
Could he be.. pondering if he was another person she sets the thought aside. Glancing at the room with her yes, Ishtar's head remains firmly fixed on the man before her as she approaches with no hesitation.

"I Met a sparrow of yours, you have my compliments on your decore." Nowing lightly at the waist, the woman straightens herself. "Yes, though it may be past your power or interests.."

Not taking a seat, she gazes at the other two men in the room and decides to wait to see if its safe to speak. "I Seek the groundwork to Overthrow the King of Arzland and the seperation of the third kingdom, in order to keep the status quo, my contract will likely carry risk and take time to play out...there is also likely another person I may need killed for my own safety at a later date. But for now I need information, and time to speak with you..shall we begin, or should I take my leave?" Ishtar asks staring at the man eye to eye. Unlike most she didn't seem afraid or in the least bit guilty in trying to hire this man.
RedArmyShogunJul 28, 2015 9:07 PM
Jul 28, 2015 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen stood in one of the corners of the room, amidst the many book shelves. She sat there and quietly observed the people inside. Obviously, she was the second-in-command in case anything went down, so she had to see what the woman was going to say to Merek.

The girl was sitting on a chair while hearing the conversation. Behind her stood a large red box and the book she was reading seemed more like a tome than anything. "I see you didn't waste time in making your way here." She mused as she didn't look up. Right now, she was with her white robes and the blond hair. Her red eyes moved up to see the woman and Merek. "Not bad. I was worried you might've gotten lost." Ellen added before she looked back to the book.

Though she was interested in Merek's answer, her reason to be in this library was not their meeting. Instead, she was researching on old books of history about the music box she had found on her way back to Arzla. Though she didn't told Merek anything about it, she really didn't intend on it.
YzmaelJul 28, 2015 9:16 PM
Jul 28, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
As the words "Overthrow the King of Arzland" left the woman's mouth, both men in the room looked up from their books and abruptly stood up from their seats. Rushing out of the room, before they knew too much, they left only Merek, Ellen, and the Kabulian. Smirking as they did so, but keeping gaze on his visitor, Merek met the woman's stare briefly before responding. "Straight to business I see." "Predictable, with a stance like that." he said, sharing a bit of his observational insight. Leaning back in his chair Merek laid his ankle atop his left knee. "It's possibly within my interests, and well within my power to attain what you seek. But who do I have the honors of helping carrying out such a plan?" he asked.
Jul 28, 2015 10:10 PM

Jan 2013
Pondering his works she smiles a bit at that. "Hmm..Ishtar Kalhan Kashime, Kabul. Sultana to the Next Sultan. My family is a branch to the main." She says with a slight bow once more. "Well shall I take a seat and we begin? I should mention I am not after a killing alone so much as that a message is sent."

Pausing a bit at that she places her left hand in a balled up fist, under her chin, with her left palm under the rights elbow. "Well...that might not be compleatly true, there is that other issue."
Jul 28, 2015 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
"Oh? I bet your family is proud of that fact." Merek said picking lightly for information from the woman. Saying nothing in response to taking a seat he merely gestured to the many in front of him for her to choose one. "Either can equally be done." he said as she made her decision on where to sit. "What may that be?"
Jul 28, 2015 11:01 PM

Jan 2013
"It doesn't matter what my family thinks. I do what I was is my nature to do, just as you do...or maybe trained to do.."

Sitting down she crosses her arms keeping a rigid posture. "My intial plan is for an assassination attempt on the Wedding tomorrow, barring that they take my offer, which they will not. I nor the Sultan wants a war, but so long as those two are joined in union...minus the idiots in the room, I know neither side has the manpower to hold down the other, it will be pointless destruction...but I am getting side tracked, my pardon." Clearing her throat she continues.

"First I wish to know if any in Arzla would have the political support or cause to be against the kingdom being handed over to the other. 2ndly be it a purposely failed attempt or not, I wish to arrange an attempt orchistrated by local parties to attack the ceremony. While they will suspect my hand in this, I must cause doubt in the small folk..only with that can we have a peace. Thirdly any information I might be able to use to slander the procession would be welcomed."

Spending some time outlining he idea Ishtar pauses. "..as you can see the objective isn't so much to kill them as to cause a friction in the houses. As to my other matter, I may already be, or am soon to be carrying the Sultans Child, given overturns I made towards your Daughter among other issues, I would request your orders assistance in dealing with an old man that has lived too long..though I have other means of dealing with him..So shall we discuss and make counter offers, and come to terms on a price, should this be carried out?" She asks of the blood pope.
Jul 29, 2015 3:42 PM

Dec 2013
Having let her speak freely without much of an interruption Merek listened with unchanging expression until she wanted to discuss payment. "Considering the method to sow the seed of distrust and your willingness to trade with us. There will be no price needed, other than a respected favor." he said nonchalantly. "Your safety will be regarded as a means to an end. So there will be no need for you to worry about it. Though I'm surprised you don't have more faith in the Sultan's protection. You would think with that army he's amassed that he could spare men to protect you, what with no need for a war. I'm surprised he let you come here alone, it's as if he doesn't know you're here." With this he showed a slight expression of surprise, one of obvious mock, which quickly faded back to his regular stoic demeanor before he continued.

"The only thing I'll need from you is whether you want the assassination to succeed or fail." With this he leaned forward setting his elbows on the table with his hands interlocked. "Everything else can already be handled."
Jul 29, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm..perceptive, and he doesn't know, or rather he does, but knows enough to not know..in a manner I am meant to take the fall with the minister should it sour. Plus the one I have angerd is the High Priest, he has his own forces and assassins of his own. For obvoius reasons not even the Sultan dares move against that relic."

Turning her attention back to his counter she pauses a bit. Speaking she raises her right brow slightly "Favors come in many shapes and sizes, while I have no objections to repayment I wish to lay down grounds on what that may, or rather may not be..for example, slaves, trade, gold..some leeway to your sect is possible..kin for the slaughter is not. A person that promises to owe another without knowing they can pay the debt is more than just a fool."

Thinking on the next bit, she is sure of who this mans other persona was, but that wasn't important, setting the issue aside grins slightly, albit not a friendly one. "Either way my objective is compleated. Should they die the resulting civilwar leaves them at odds, should the assassination fail, then with the plan to kill a noble or two, plus finding other parties who may want the crown, my objectives are still fullfilled. Though I can think of much and more work for your group..though I am not vain enough to attempt buying an assassin order."
Jul 29, 2015 4:25 PM

Dec 2013
"Yes, that priest is a man of many connections, but old age is prone to losing of the mind. There are ways to deal with him." Merek said in response to Ishtar's concern.

"I cannot elude to the details as I don't know them yet myself. But I assure you they will not be unreasonable. As much as my followers would enjoy taking your criminals for their purposes, I shall respect your kinship." he answered with a nod. While it was true he didn't know what he wanted, if he proposed anything it would more than likely cause her to decline the deal. After all, he knew, people were more prone to giving into unsavory demands when loyalty was in question.

"Very well. I'll see to things and that we might be an heir shorter or two. I expect you to follow through with our soon to be trade agreements." with this he looked briefly at Ellen before continuing. "Knowing the Kalhan's I'm sure I have no need to worry though."
Jul 29, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Ishtar pondering that smiles dimmly. "Oh its true..more so if one isn't careful for what they eat." Leaning back in the chair slighly she muses over how to deal with that man.

"I mean me and mine..I care less for the rabble. The nobility leads and they follow..but there are ways to gain control that is not through war alone. But a deal is a Deal, should the terms be reasonable and of value, they will be kept, of that you have the word of the Sultana...well provided I and my husband survive this war. I am sorry to say the dead cannot keep promises." While she could back out on the deal, she had enough business sense to know if they could attack them, they could attack her, given this she would keep her end of the deal.

"Very well, should they turn down my offer, the single that we are in agreement, shall be me pouring a goblet of wine out on the ground as a final insult. The timing of the attack from then shall be on you to decide."

Narrowing her eyes she stands to her feet, but pauses, while not hostile in her gaze, it seems she was interested in what he last said. "Oh? You know of my family? I am sorry to say I am all that is left of that line. Though being wedded to the Sultan to be, you could say that line is dead...so how do you know of us?"
Jul 29, 2015 6:08 PM

Dec 2013
"Yes, that is true for the most part. Though I'm sure you and the Sultan shall be fine." Merek answered oddly but reassuringly. Nodding at the information on a signal he had already an idea of when to strike.

"Your father. He was a remarkable tradesman during his time. Had large ambitions, wanted to see peace between the nations through trade. I of course only knew bits and pieces before a man of the Head of Whispers requested he be removed. I assumed he was stepping on some toes with his trading. We of course refused as he was valuable to our business back then and the most reliable. However, as you know, bandits caught up to him. We had actually been watching over him before he returned to Kabul territory." Merek said as if recalling it happened years ago. While partially the case he had not been involved with it at all.
AstrosJul 29, 2015 6:17 PM
Jul 29, 2015 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
"Very well. I shall not pretend to tell you your jobs, I know nothing of such manners."

Litening to him going on about her father, she pauses with a bit of a venomous stare. "And..if I were to ask who this man was..do not worry I may deal with this myself.." She says a bit darkly. Ishtar awaits what information the man may have, the other issue seemed to move on from her plots to a bit of revenge.
Jul 29, 2015 6:38 PM

Dec 2013
"That I do not know. We had sent scouts to find out, but along the trip back he disappeared. We have not heard nor seen of a man similar since. I assume he was removed due to his connection with the Head of Whispers. While I have no proof, the man was quite persistent in his requests. I believe he knew of his fate before even we did." Merek said looking down as if in thought over the matter.
Jul 29, 2015 6:45 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm..I will look into it further more on my end.." Having some idea of who and why, only time would know for sure. Bowing lightly she turns on her heels.

"May we speak again..blood pope. I would offer a means of communication, but somehow I sense that is not an issue." Bowing lightly towards the girl, Ishtar is escourted out by the two guards from before, once she knocks on the door.
Jul 29, 2015 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
"May blood guide you." Merek said fittingly as she departed. Sitting there in silence for a short moment he ran over everything he noticed about her. While he had heard from his informants in Kabul about this woman who recently wedded the Sultan he did not have a face or personality to attach to it. After this brief pause he stood up and turned to face the mirror behind him. Looking over his disguise with his own eyes he spoke a few sentences in the fake tone he had been using before ditching it. "I'll need to employ the shovel. Do you know her location?" he asked Ellen in his regular tone of voice before turning toward her.
Jul 29, 2015 7:23 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen closed the book upon hearing his words. "No, but I can locate her." She said as she got up. She grabbed the box that was placed behind her and then made her way towards Merek. "Tell me, did you find anything unusual in the woman? I do find her reasons strange. Why would she be in favor of peace when her husband is likely to be a warmonger?" As she thought about it, Ellen found it strange for the woman to want peace instead of a direct war between Kabul and Arzla. In the end, there would be a war.

"Do you wish for me to undertake the mission of assassinating the old man, Master?" She asked. In truth, she wanted to kill the man herself. Since she met him on the Kabulian lands, she had thought of the man as a trouble that would, sooner or later, be a stone in their path. One way or another, they would have to act.
Jul 29, 2015 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Overhearing his masters words, one of the guards from before pokes his head back into the room. "Beg your pardon Ser..but you did not look like you were in the mood to be disturbed..She's been in the Dungeon three days now...ehh she set a comotion in the arena, threw a weapon at the nobles, bit of a rant..figured I'ld give her time to cool down..I forgot she was there till now." The man says with a slight grimmace, being the Captain from before, he however ignores the other part of the conversation, nor voices his own opinions on the visitor.
Jul 29, 2015 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
"Very well." Merek says to the captain without turning around. "Nothing unusual to me or you, but I learned many things nonetheless." he said as the man left the room once more. "Her nature is that of a snake. Not too unlike you or me. Her fangs are coin and deceit her venom. With her method of becoming the Sultana I believe she plans to conquer the realm. Though instead of steel and blood she'll use coin and black works." he said not turning away from the mirror.

Upon her asking to assassinate the old man he turned to face her. "If you wish. Be careful however. He's lived as long as he has for a reason." with this he turned and headed for the door. "Summon one of our assassins from Eqomer as well. We'll need an actor to play the martyr."
Jul 30, 2015 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
Ellen narrowed her eyes as she heard Merek's words. "We have met many like her, but I get the feeling that this one won't stop at nothing." She said as she expressed her disgust in her facial features. It was clear that, though she had dealt with the woman, she didn't really like her.

Turning around, Ellen prepared to leave the room and to leave the city as well, again. "Very well, Master. I will be very careful." She said as she quickly turned around to glance at Merek. The girl then turned back and made her way out of the room and to the surface, where he carriage was waiting.

"Where to, m'lady?" A guard asked. "Eqomer. And as quick as you can. No stops this time, we're going straight." She said as she walked in and the man closed the door. Ellen once more took a look at the box in her hands. It was a music box, one that she had found on her way here. She had found it on the same village where she woke up many years ago. On her way here, she had decided that it was about time to go there and see it for herself. The box was the only thing she found upon exploring the small village.

"What secrets do you hold..." She murmured to herself before she had made a decision. "After Eqomer, quickly move to Utopia." She ordered from the front of the carriage to the man who was driving it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.