Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2009
Hey guys, do you think there will be a third season for Darker Than Black? I really, really hope so! Because tbh, 12 episodes were not enough for me (that, along with the second season being not remotely good compared to the first season), and to tell you the truth, I can never have enough of Hei and his badassery. Hopefully, Bones decides one day to make a 3rd season. And to make it at least 24 to 26 episodes long. What do you think, guys?
OwnsinFeb 20, 2021 6:47 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2009 1:06 PM
May 2008
I agree. This second season is far too short.
Dec 6, 2009 3:37 PM

Mar 2008
there should be one. the 2nd one is good but is too cryptic.
Dec 6, 2009 8:28 PM

Sep 2009
I think there should be an additional season, or they should just extend the current one. They're definitely being too vague and not answering enough. Besides the plot at hand that has been unanswered, the basis of the world in DTB is pretty unexplained. Like, the world outside the gates and why the world became that way.

Either way, I call for another season! Or an extension.
Dec 6, 2009 9:19 PM
Nov 2009
I hope there is. If they leave me with just 2 seasons, I will DIE
Dec 7, 2009 6:52 AM

Dec 2009
I hope there is . Never enough DtB :>
Yuushin7Dec 7, 2009 8:58 AM
Dec 7, 2009 8:52 AM
Nov 2008
yeah i still hope that they extend the current episode and surprise us this way
Dec 7, 2009 12:35 PM

Nov 2008
I agree, definitely there should be 3rd season or an extension. This is too short and the story will be screwed if they rush it in the last few episodes.
Dec 7, 2009 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
Xinchou said:
JonathanDC said:
I think there should be an additional season, or they should just extend the current one. They're definitely being too vague and not answering enough. Besides the plot at hand that has been unanswered, the basis of the world in DTB is pretty unexplained. Like, the world outside the gates and why the world became that way.

Either way, I call for another season! Or an extension.

Completely the same thought as me :D

This is what I can say for now. One of these two things is going to happen:
1. A third season of DtB will come.
2. They will rush it the last episodes which will pretty much screw the plot and the story.

I vote for first option xD

There's just no way for them to pack all in three more episodes -______-
Dec 7, 2009 6:30 PM

Jul 2008
Here's another option... Movie? :D
Dec 8, 2009 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
Skanktard said:
I agree. This second season is far too short.

YES. I want season 3 now!!!
Dec 8, 2009 5:31 PM

Oct 2008
There will be. It's a good staple series and profitable. Japan will capitalize on it.

I've said this for any good series honestly, and there's always a new season.
Count on it.
Dec 10, 2009 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
Hope i dont have to wait another 2 years
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Dec 10, 2009 11:59 PM
Jun 2009
I agree. Season 2 has left me too unsatisfied. It doesn't even feel like a sequel.. more like a side-story. It feels too rushed and condensed and needs to be longer to explain its story better. I also felt it had too many filler-like episodes.

Gin-iro said:
Here's another option... Movie? :D

Yea.. that sounds good too... I personally wouldn't mind that.
Dec 11, 2009 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
I hope this season ends wiht some more questions that need to be answered ....
then i can look forward to the third season XP

Dec 11, 2009 2:57 AM

Feb 2009
Amm there's gonna be 4 OVA about the time when Hei and Yin were running away from the Syndicate...i doubt a third season is gonna start before the ova's end :?
So there's the possibility that we may have to wait about an year...depends on how fast the ova's go out.And even then nothing's sure :S
Well...it all depends on how this season end :/

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 11, 2009 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
tl;dr gief, 'nuff said, kthnxbai
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 13, 2009 1:18 PM

Nov 2009
Considering the pacing of the second season so far, I think we are only seeing Part one of the season. I'm hoping that after the OVA's they'll announce that there is another 13 episodes.
Dec 13, 2009 3:03 PM

Nov 2009
MadJustin7 said:
Considering the pacing of the second season so far, I think we are only seeing Part one of the season. I'm hoping that after the OVA's they'll announce that there is another 13 episodes.

That was I'm hoping for too. But the preview of episode 11 makes me think this might not happened because they say that
Dec 13, 2009 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
I really hope that they make a new season, and hopefully in the style of season one (ditch the godawful techno beats!). This second season doesn't get me like the first one did. In the first season I pretty much liked every character, and in this one they are kind of bland... many people hated the two episode story archs, but they gave some time to flesh out the characters, I still feel like Suou, for example, can use a lot more background. anyways, if there is a season 3 they should not rush it.
Dec 13, 2009 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
Skies said:
MadJustin7 said:

That was I'm hoping for too. But the preview of episode 11 makes me think this might not happened because they say that

Although
occured in the first season too if I'm not mistaken, right?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 16, 2009 9:51 PM

Nov 2009
Skies said:
MadJustin7 said:

Right, but consider the pacing of the show. Although several weeks has passed for us, with the episodes coming one every week, the events in the story have come fairly quickly.
may still be a ways away. Or maybe it will just end in a cliff hanger that leaves us all going WTF just happened?, then we get the OVA's that give us some level of explanation followed by the second part of the season.
Dec 19, 2009 3:51 AM

Apr 2009
man the second season is kinda very bad..
no explanations and more stuff added -_-
Dec 25, 2009 2:27 PM
Dec 2009
i must admit, I am ready to wait a year or two for a new season. As long as it is well explained and structured like the first one, with similar action or even improvements, i won't mind waiting.
This anime is such a success, i believe it will be one of the top in a close future
Dec 25, 2009 3:06 PM

Aug 2009
If they do they need to do allot of explaining in the first few episodes then get on with it,
Dec 25, 2009 8:17 PM

Jan 2008
i want season 3!!
i dont need some fun like worlds end or anything, i just want darker than black!!!
some random daily things are okay!!! just gimme darker than black!!!!!
yeah my bad english!!
Dec 26, 2009 2:35 AM
Jul 2009
Bones really struck gold with this series. DtB was a sleeper hit and DtB2 was even bigger, especially in Japan. There's probably no question of a sequel to the show--I just hope we can keep away from sequelitis.

I doubt that's any more danger than a sudden demand for the suspension of disbelief, though; from the way they've been setting it up, the DtB universe definitely has the future and time-travelling, and even possibly aliens. Why? Who else could set up the gates and block out the sky, and write prophecies for the past to read? Good show, but it takes a lot to make viewers swallow that kind of stuff down without at least a snigger.
Dec 26, 2009 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
After seeing the last episode of DtB2... I DEMAND MORE щ(゚Д゚щ)
Can't have it ending like that D:
New season kthnx, with lot's of Yin and Hei, no Suou at all, and .. Well I don't care what else there is, I just want Hei and Yin~
Hopefully, the OVA's will deliver a good watch : /
Dec 26, 2009 3:16 AM

Dec 2008
hey hey...Suou is nice...more romance between Hei and Suou in season 3 would be awesome!

Well...the last episode of season 2 was not that great..looking forward to the OVAs and hopefully to season 3.
Dec 26, 2009 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
They should make Suou more grown up or something in season 3, then she'll take Misaki's role: "THS or The Hei Stalker", and the bad guys would Misaki's new team or the "Syndicate" and ,of course, Yin isn't going to be in this season xD (since it appears that BONES love her..)
Hazuki will be in this season too, but not sure what her role would be though...

Oh yeah, Hei won't be drinking this time, but smoking weed and the OST will be either rap (50 cent style) or deathmetal xD

SEASON 3 WILL BE EPIC!!! ^^ lol
Dec 26, 2009 4:06 AM
Jul 2008
I agree, there should definitely be a 3rd season.
Dec 26, 2009 4:32 AM

Aug 2009
There are too much unanswered questions, season 3 is the must.
Dec 26, 2009 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
And make it episodic like season 1. I know people hates episodic shows, but I actually loved it that way.
-Fixing-
Dec 26, 2009 10:07 AM

Apr 2009
I think there is going to be another season or at least a movie becuz Bk-201's (Hei) star is back which means he is still alive and i think has his powers back. He has his powers back because when they were taken away, it looked like they were being sucked into Suou's necklace and then when Suous neclace broke, his shining star was back. Well anyways, in the end of ep. 12 from the second season, Suou felt that she would meet Hei, July and or Mao again and Kirihara also said that no, this is only the begining of things, therefore i am pretty sure there might be another sequel of some sort.
Dec 26, 2009 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
iCupcake said:
I think there is going to be another season or at least a movie becuz Bk-201's (Hei) star is back which means he is still alive and i think has his powers back. He has his powers back because when they were taken away, it looked like they were being sucked into Suou's necklace and then when Suous neclace broke, his shining star was back. Well anyways, in the end of ep. 12 from the second season, Suou felt that she would meet Hei, July and or Mao again and Kirihara also said that no, this is only the begining of things, therefore i am pretty sure there might be another sequel of some sort.
Hopefully, you're right. I'll remember that and give you a hug if they announce a season 3 sometime : >
Dec 26, 2009 12:32 PM
Dec 2009
I can't imagine they will leave the series where it is considering what the twin dolls said at the end of season 2.

The series is also very popular, I am sure there is ample intensive for bones to make another series.
Dec 26, 2009 1:04 PM
Feb 2008
I've watched episode 12 of season 2 and to be honest, IT'S INCOMPLETE! season 3 is a must! Many questions unanswered!
eyeksDec 26, 2009 1:52 PM
Dec 26, 2009 2:46 PM

Feb 2009
There is no Darker Than Black Season 2 so there is no need for a third season.

Hei_And_Ed_Lover said:
Oh yeah, Hei won't be drinking this time, but smoking weed and the OST will be either rap (50 cent style) or deathmetal xD

This made me lol. ^^
Dec 26, 2009 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
There is no Darker Than Black Season 2 so there is no need for a third season.
Well I sure hope they come with a second season soon then, since it doesn't exist ; D
Dec 26, 2009 5:10 PM
Aug 2009
First Season - Amber
OVA - Yin
Second Season - Suou
* Third Season - Misaki
Dec 26, 2009 5:37 PM
Dec 2009
True, there was no season 2.
It's more like:
Darker Than Black
Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor
Darker Than Black: Season 2 - when they release it.

SPOILERS AHOY!!!

One thing is for certain, I can't wait!
Dec 26, 2009 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
Technically, the whole Ryuusei no Gemini part was a long OVA, which wasn't really needed, a'ight? Just, as ThisIsFate just said, it's a prologue into the second season.
And now we're waiting for 1. the OVA that is the prologue to to this prologue, and then 2. for the second season : >
OosranDec 26, 2009 5:44 PM
Dec 26, 2009 5:44 PM

Aug 2008
So, I take it I should have actually watched the OVAs?
Dec 26, 2009 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
babler said:
So, I take it I should have actually watched the OVAs?
Huh?
The only OVA that's out so far is the one for season 1, and that one was completely pointless. So no, clearly not needed.
Although the coming OVA(s), out in.. 22th January or something, must be watched.. Most likely : p
Dec 26, 2009 6:06 PM

Dec 2007
I hope there won't be any season 3, because the second one is a total crap. I quite liked the first season, but thanks to the 2nd season I forgot what I actually liked in it :P
Dec 26, 2009 8:58 PM
Dec 2009
Qrko said:
I hope there won't be any season 3, because the second one is a total crap. I quite liked the first season, but thanks to the 2nd season I forgot what I actually liked in it :P
Dam right! 2nd season was crap! imagine 3rd season Hei has to buy food for the cleaning lady that will destroy the world if he doesnt. Hei is old enough(probably not) he should die I MEAN I LOVE HIM( im not gay hes just awesome) But seriously, sheesh,

Season 1 was Awesome Though! just great , Hei with POWERS and with his attitude WOOT! Btw in season 1 he talks about Being Human and a contractor and that if he did the Syndicate would chase him forever, they shoulda made season 2 about that!!!!

i want Season 3 but i dont want it cuz i know its gonna be crap.

The Good Old Darker Than Black : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX2j_0oKg5E
Dec 26, 2009 10:52 PM
Sep 2009
>.< I hope there's a S3! I want more Hei... actually it could probably be a season about Hei buying groceries and i think i might watch =_=;;; =P No but seriously, i really want to kno more about the Darker than Black world and such. I want all my questions answered T__T
Dec 27, 2009 3:42 AM

Jan 2009
At jenreifu: Yup, wouldn't mind if it was a season filled with "normal" stuff, as long as there's answers + YinXHei : D
Dec 27, 2009 11:54 AM

Feb 2009
Oosran said:
as long as there's answers + YinXHei : D

Well Yin's a boy now, so that sucks. DAMN IT BONES, what have you done? ><

Anyway, I see that I'm not the only one here who thinks s2 was crap. :D I'm sure it would've been good if it spanned over 2 seasons.
Dec 27, 2009 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
Alexstratz said:
Oosran said:
as long as there's answers + YinXHei : D
Well Yin's a boy now, so that sucks. DAMN IT BONES, what have you done? ><
We could hope that's just some bogus prank they pulled? >.>
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

672 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 22, 2009

315 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.