Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Episode Details Now Open for User Submissions!

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2015 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
I think MAL could directly import some data from Wikipedia via the MediaWiki API by enumerating the pages under the Lists of anime episodes category (670 pages, thousands of episodes) and then parsing the source of their Japanese episode list template. This would save a lot of time and effort, compared to manually entering all the information.
May 27, 2015 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
Additionally I think a notification like "we're missing X episode data for this entry" would help a lot.
May 27, 2015 11:51 AM

Mar 2013
Great new feature
hope it will filled up soon :)
May 27, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
I don't know if its possible but a feature/function to keep track of episodes and arcs you may have left out (like fillers) but want to go back and watch at a later date.

Hope that makes sense.
May 27, 2015 5:26 PM

Jan 2010
I have noticed the episode list when I click on different anime and I have to say it looks great! Thank you for your hard work. Greatly appreciated.
May 28, 2015 5:00 PM

Nov 2011
10th_man_down said:
The episode "spam" on the anime page got annoying for me, don't need any more reason to scroll through even more stuff so I adblocked it. Though the episodes in the actual episode tab I have no problems with.

This.
Move it out of the anime main page please.
May 28, 2015 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
danann said:
10th_man_down said:
The episode "spam" on the anime page got annoying for me, don't need any more reason to scroll through even more stuff so I adblocked it. Though the episodes in the actual episode tab I have no problems with.

This.
What is this contempt from you guys?? I actually don't use many things in the Anime Pages, but I do not advocate taking away those information just because I DON"T USE IT. So If anyone has a middle ground or can compromise then I would accept it, rather than removing it completely.. because My EYES!!. Somethings can be better Compacted and restrained, like the Recs that take up more room than the episodes.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 28, 2015 5:44 PM

Mar 2014
Rasco said:
danann said:

This.
What is this contempt from you guys?? I actually don't use many things in the Anime Pages, but I do not advocate taking away those information just because I DON"T USE IT. So If anyone has a middle ground or can compromise then I would accept it, rather than removing it completely.. because My EYES!!. Somethings can be better Compacted and restrained, like the Recs that take up more room than the episodes.
He's just saying to move it out of there (i.e. there's a tab for it, leave it in the tab), not delete it.
May 28, 2015 5:44 PM

Mar 2010
Paulo27 said:
Rasco said:
He's just saying to move it out of there (i.e. there's a tab for it, leave it in the tab), not delete it.
Lol Did you miss the tabs For Practically everything else?? What is this babble?

controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 28, 2015 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
Rasco said:
Paulo27 said:
Lol Did you miss the tabs For Practically everything else?? What is this babble?
The fact that a semi-useless feature is taking up space in the main page? Not just that, it's on top of everything that might be considered useful?
May 28, 2015 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
Paulo27 said:
Rasco said:
The fact that a semi-useless feature is taking up space in the main page? Not just that, it's on top of everything that might be considered useful?
I DON"T see Recs as USEFUL so Just keep it in the TABS. Actually just put remove everything and leave them in the Tabs. Because I don't really use any of them and they are all Semi-useless for me. You agree?

And actually everything on the Main page is just for a Glimpse and preview. So your point is invalid for showcasing usefulness In its true Meaning.

But my feels.
May 28, 2015 6:12 PM

Mar 2014
Rasco said:
Paulo27 said:
I DON"T see Recs as USEFUL so Just keep it in the TABS. Actually just put remove everything and leave them in the Tabs. Because I don't really use any of them and they are all Semi-useless for me. You agree?

And actually everything on the Main page is just for a Glimpse and preview. So your point is invalid for showcasing usefulness In its true Meaning.
No, I don't agree and this won't be changed because you're asking it to be changed, like the episodes' list won't be moved to the tab because I'm asking for it, thing is, and this is what'll shock you, I'm not the only one asking for it.
May 28, 2015 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
Paulo27 said:
Rasco said:

No, I don't agree and this won't be changed because you're asking it to be changed, like the episodes' list won't be moved to the tab because I'm asking for it, thing is, and this is what'll shock you, I'm not the only one asking for it.
I was actually showing some sarcasm mixed with irony.. But whatever Like I said removing it out of the Main page Has No middle ground or compromise, so there is no good argument to remove it from the main page just because YOU see it as semi useless. And Also other Like this.

But my feels.
May 28, 2015 6:26 PM

Mar 2014
Rasco said:
I was actually showing some sarcasm mixed with irony.. But whatever Like I said removing it out of the Main page Has No middle ground or compromise, so there is no good argument to remove it from the main page just because YOU see it as semi useless. And Also other Like this.
I've yet to see an argument that supports them being on the main page, I can see the name of the first 5 episodes, in English and Japanese! And the date, too! Amazing!
Ironically, the only way to make the episodes not be useless on the main page would be to add the summaries under them, making the page even longer.
May 28, 2015 7:00 PM

Mar 2010
Paulo27 said:
Rasco said:
I've yet to see an argument that supports them being on the main page, I can see the name of the first 5 episodes, in English and Japanese! And the date, too! Amazing!
Ironically, the only way to make the episodes not be useless on the main page would be to add the summaries under them, making the page even longer.

How dense can you get? I told you the Main page is to only Preview content, one must click on "show more" "show all" in order to get all necessary and full usefulness for each feature.

This is a new feature and I expect more relevance for it in the future. So far it helps with/ potentially for those who seek further information for finding episodes or something in that nature.

But my feels.
May 28, 2015 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
Rasco said:
Paulo27 said:

How dense can you get? I told you the Main page is to only Preview content, one must click on "show more" "show all" in order to get all necessary and full usefulness for each feature.

This is a new feature and I expect more relevance for it in the future. So far it helps with/ potentially for those who seek further information for finding episodes or something in that nature.
What the hell is the point of previewing episode titles by themselves? Other parts are also previews but still stand by themselves, unlike this one which is completely useless on the main page, it's like having reviews only showing the score and the user or only having what is shown before the "show more" and said button taking you to the tab, or recommendations only showing the anime, or staff or characters without saying who they are or do. And you know why reviews and recommendations were expanded to 4 entries? So you didn't have to click the "more reviews" button.
Look, I don't even care that it's there, it's just too high up, staff, characters, reviews, recommendations are all a lot more important to your average user than episode titles.
May 28, 2015 7:50 PM

Mar 2010
Paulo27 said:
Rasco said:

What the hell is the point of previewing episode titles by themselves? Other parts are also previews but still stand by themselves, unlike this one which is completely useless on the main page, it's like having reviews only showing the score and the user or only having what is shown before the "show more" and said button taking you to the tab, or recommendations only showing the anime, or staff or characters without saying who they are or do. And you know why reviews and recommendations were expanded to 4 entries? So you didn't have to click the "more reviews" button.
Look, I don't even care that it's there, it's just too high up, staff, characters, reviews, recommendations are all a lot more important to your average user than episode titles.
The point is to have a type of "table of contents" It keeps everything consistent. It could even help with reviews if you refer to certain episodes.

And no you Still need to click The "more reviews" button, Unless your totatally bias and only read the ones on the Main page. This is why I advocate for reviews to rotate randomly to not have the same reviews on the top. And also no thats not the reason they added more reviews and Recs, it was to display more user content.

And did you seriously say it was useless? Now your just being contradictive.

Lol You still need click on "show more" for staff and characters unless your highly uninterested for the other characters. In which case that's a self defeating argument.
RascoMay 28, 2015 7:53 PM

But my feels.
Jun 2, 2015 6:05 AM
Jul 2011
j0x said:
i think removing the episodes details on the details page should be done to lessen redundancy and a lot of people hate even a small spoiler the title gives

I am one of these people. I can think of examples where the episode name is a massive spoiler. I've never felt the need to post on these forums, but please remove the episode list from the Details tab. I will be blocking this element, but I really shouldn't have to. No one should have to. It is both clutter and spoilers and shouldn't be there to begin with.
Jun 2, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
you finally repositioned the thing, thank you!
:3
Jun 2, 2015 6:56 PM

Feb 2008
Kuma-Kuma said:
Please move Episodes on the Detail tab to below Staff and right above Reviews. I think that would be the perfect place for it.
holy crap. i never thought he would take my suggestion seriously lol
i'm probably not the only one who wanted it moved there tho LOL
Jun 3, 2015 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
I barely look at that but I do when an anime has episode 0 and I'm like huh 0?! O_o

It's a nice feature don't get me wrong.
Jun 3, 2015 9:15 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Nice new placement. I wonder how many users even noticed it got moved, lol. Not seeing any complaints, so it's probably all good. ^^ I like it.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jun 4, 2015 1:41 AM

Mar 2014
Toarujisuru said:
Nice new placement. I wonder how many users even noticed it got moved, lol. Not seeing any complaints, so it's probably all good. ^^ I like it.
Complain too much and they'll move it back to where it was, just take what you can get.
Jun 4, 2015 5:34 AM

Jun 2008
The problem is that now while we are in anime forums we have a big link that says "episode information" but it leads to nothing, is like broken or something.
I think it would be better if it just linked to the normal page about the anime. Besides the episodes are listed in details and you can click to see them all.

Also when you actually click on an episode it would be good that other than only getting the summary for the episode you also had a link to the episode discussion. That will be convenient for users that are looking for an episode discussion and are annoyed having to look for it threw a tone of pages in the anime forums. Especially if the series has many chapters episodes and many threads about all kind of conversations about the show.
MonadJun 4, 2015 5:59 AM
Jun 5, 2015 12:32 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Monad said:
Also when you actually click on an episode it would be good that other than only getting the summary for the episode you also had a link to the episode discussion. That will be convenient for users that are looking for an episode discussion and are annoyed having to look for it threw a tone of pages in the anime forums. Especially if the series has many chapters episodes and many threads about all kind of conversations about the show.

Omg, that would be a really neat! Really useful.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jun 5, 2015 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
Toarujisuru said:
Monad said:

Omg, that would be a really neat! Really useful.
Yes that's a good idea for a type of integration. SO allow us to also submit forum links to each title; As in adding a official Box in the Episode Detail submissions.

But my feels.
Jun 17, 2015 1:01 PM

Mar 2014
So you went ahead and moved the Clubs section to it's own tab... just wow, really useful change, no doubt.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

236 by shadowZ390 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» List Title Toggle: Main Title, English, and more ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

109 by RED-clover12 »»
May 17, 5:06 PM

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

424 by nothing_ness »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

» Moderators Wanted! Accepting applications for all positions

Kineta - Apr 26

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 26, 6:46 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.