Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 12, 2015 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
^If you think DxD is a masterpiece I won't waste my time arguing with you.
Jun 12, 2015 7:59 AM
Aug 2012
1 thing. Only 1 thing almost killed the season for me.
I'm okay with Loki, I'm okay with JD vs JD and the missing song (to be honest I prefer that way), but one thing is unforgivable. And that is "TAHT" rating game. If they at least animated it, this season would be 10/10 and better than New.
Jun 12, 2015 2:48 PM
Dec 2012
AverageFanboy said:

DxD is a masterpiece, probably the best anime series adapted from a light novel. It has the balance between ecchi and story. I bet the series will have 5 more seasons of anime. The story is that good. It's probably the best Harem anime/light novel series ever made.

All the seasons are actually great. Maybe people bashing this series are plain stupid who don't know what anime is. Seriously, the anime are fine. Sure, the light novel is better but few anime is better than its source material (like Seto No Hanayome, it was a masterpiece on how it was turned into an anime). Does who think that the anime is a bad adaptation should just watch the anime. Do people know what an adaptation means? Because according to your standards, and all adapted anime sucks and the only good anime are originals. Also, those watching DxD, why are you watching this anime? Are you fan of the series or just someone wasting their time watching on a show they don't enjoy. Hell are you critics actually watching this show?

This new NTR plot is very good.

Highschool Dxd will get more seasons and will probably be an anime that will be remake and remake in the future.

No Harem anime is as successful as High School DxD in recent years. Also haters will be haters.
ryuixyuiJun 12, 2015 2:57 PM
Jun 12, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
I wouldn't have never cared a thing about what Loki would do.....

Destroy the world : Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Try take Rias: OMG!! FKKRRR

By the way people are reacting, the studios got what they want....
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jun 12, 2015 5:23 PM

Dec 2014
fear80 said:

No, this will cost them BD sales. Discussion and debate is fine and all, but this is the third season, that won't draw in very many new viewers. The split at this point is just going to lessen the money they're able to bring in.
Jun 12, 2015 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
TheHonestThief said:
fear80 said:

No, this will cost them BD sales. Discussion and debate is fine and all, but this is the third season, that won't draw in very many new viewers. The split at this point is just going to lessen the money they're able to bring in.

Up to now sales seems to be fine. Stalker points indicates 5k-7.5k who h is about what NEW was predicted to sell. And it sold more.

From the start, the Japanese viewers seems to have accepted the changes far more positively than the western fandom.
Jun 13, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2008
After seeing what they did in episode 11 the changes are bad. IRREVOCABLY bad
Jun 13, 2015 8:37 AM

Aug 2014
AverageFanboy said:

Up to now sales seems to be fine. Stalker points indicates 5k-7.5k who h is about what NEW was predicted to sell. And it sold more.

From the start, the Japanese viewers seems to have accepted the changes far more positively than the western fandom.

Can you give source of this info? It is still on TV so what sales is this about?

Anyway people will buy it because of love to DxD LN/season1&2 not because they like/dislike season 3. If this would be season 1 changed so badly then sales would drop dead and that would be over for DxD anime
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 13, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
AverageFanboy said:
TheHonestThief said:

Link? I haven't seen anything on pre-orders yet. I jumped the gun a small bit to say it would cost them sales, but they most definitely won't bring in more than previous seasons which is always the goal, keep raising the sales. If they had done this season right that most definitely would've happened. I'll be surprised if they reach the sales of NEW, but I am not going to say it's beyond the realm of possibility.
Jun 13, 2015 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
TheHonestThief said:
AverageFanboy said:

Link? I haven't seen anything on pre-orders yet. I jumped the gun a small bit to say it would cost them sales, but they most definitely won't bring in more than previous seasons which is always the goal, keep raising the sales. If they had done this season right that most definitely would've happened. I'll be surprised if they reach the sales of NEW, but I am not going to say it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Sorry, I don't check them myself, there are people on the animesuki sub-forum who tells me from time to time when I ask.

I actually doubt it'll sell as much as NEW. My bet is that 8k is the maximum it'll reach. It's really rare for an anime keep selling well season after season, the norm is that sales drop by each season. Aldnoah.Zero had a difference of 2.5-3k between cours, and even DxD NEW sold 1k less than DxD S1. Durarara had a severe drop in sales too, apparently the second season only sold 1/3 of the first.

Fun fact: Apparently ep 11 made the numbers go up. lol The japanese sure are different from the western fans.

And those numbers not always are correct, in the last Fall and Winter season there were a couple animes that were promising to sell well but flopped. So until the first BD volume comes out and the first week numbers are out, I'm skeptical it sells more than 5k.

Just as a comparison, that OVA that came out some time ago, which was just 100% Fanservice Comedy, sold 6.5k. So unless the japanese LN readers are extremelly pissed, sales should be at least acceptable.
removed-userJun 13, 2015 8:00 PM
Jun 13, 2015 8:14 PM
Apr 2015
ryuixyui said:
AverageFanboy said:

DxD is a masterpiece, probably the best anime series adapted from a light novel. It has the balance between ecchi and story. I bet the series will have 5 more seasons of anime. The story is that good. It's probably the best Harem anime/light novel series ever made.

All the seasons are actually great. Maybe people bashing this series are plain stupid who don't know what anime is. Seriously, the anime are fine. Sure, the light novel is better but few anime is better than its source material (like Seto No Hanayome, it was a masterpiece on how it was turned into an anime). Does who think that the anime is a bad adaptation should just watch the anime. Do people know what an adaptation means? Because according to your standards, and all adapted anime sucks and the only good anime are originals. Also, those watching DxD, why are you watching this anime? Are you fan of the series or just someone wasting their time watching on a show they don't enjoy. Hell are you critics actually watching this show?

Highschool Dxd will get more seasons and will probably be an anime that will be remake and remake in the future.

No Harem anime is as successful as High School DxD in recent years. Also haters will be haters.

I watch it for the PLOT (as intended, this show has some of the hottest girls ever imho)
The actual story and characters are pretty terrible though
Jun 13, 2015 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
Rias being controlled is getting into my nerves... I know it's not NTR yet... but I guess these script writers had fetishes for almost NTR plots
oh btw... i hate the change... fuck it
DeadZeroSourceJun 13, 2015 8:33 PM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 14, 2015 12:16 AM

Aug 2010
DeadZeroSource said:
Rias being controlled is getting into my nerves... I know it's not NTR yet... but I guess these script writers had fetishes for almost NTR plots

Good Sir, I think you're too emotionally attached to a cartoon character.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 14, 2015 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
LegendarySoldier said:
DeadZeroSource said:

yes and it's not cartoon btw...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 14, 2015 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
DeadZeroSource said:
LegendarySoldier said:

Are you sure about that? we are literally on a fucking site that is based around cartoons and comics.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 14, 2015 3:53 AM

Apr 2008
LegendarySoldier said:
DeadZeroSource said:

Are you sure about that? we are literally on a fucking site that is based around cartoons and comics.

Cartoon and anime are not the same thing. Learn your definitions
Jun 14, 2015 3:58 AM

Aug 2010
Darklight0303 said:
LegendarySoldier said:

I can iterally say the latter part right back at you. Don't even see why people get offended by stupid shit like this, anime is a cartoon so what.

Jun 14, 2015 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
LegendarySoldier said:
Darklight0303 said:

I can iterally say the latter part right back at you. Don't even see why people get offended by stupid shit like this, anime is a cartoon so what.

Cartoon is shitty American kid story with awful cartoon graphics without any good message to kids - like spongebob
anime - if for kids got some nice values like friendship, setting up goals/dreams and never give up to complete them or just simple ideas for playing with friends ("I will be Goku!" "Then I'll be Frieza and.." etc)
for adults to fill up the holes that people are missing in their lives (ecchi) or show other possibilities for life (slice of life) or that simply it could always be worse (drama)
and many many more but please if you still don't see difference then u are simply stupid :|
It is same as Americans call their rugby - football and they only touch ball with foot in 1% of game time ;)
so please don't call anime a cartoon or football - soccer.

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

Jun 14, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2014
Just came to say these recent episodes are s**t. The confession that everyone is talking about in Volume 10 was pretty mature in my opinion. It also established the Harem and also made Rias as the Main Girl or in this case wife.. Anyways, we didnt have this mind-controlling crap, plus Loki did not have an impact on future chapters. If you think that this adaption puts it way ahead than the LN.. You are definitely wrong, the LN took its chapters to build characters, explain settings, it had a good plot, push the romance, and it even gave ecchi description scenes. Sure, the "reconciliation" in this anime involves fighting, but the way the situation in the LN was handled was great.. So, honestly.. I dont know what the fuck are you people on, when this is being announced that it surpasses the LN in every aspect. Sure, the female designs are amazing, but since episode 10.. Even that didnt stop me from dropping this show....

Also, I know he will not see this, but "Fuck you TNK"
Jun 14, 2015 7:15 PM
Jul 2018
ElectricRed said:
Just came to say these recent episodes are s**t. The confession that everyone is talking about in Volume 10 was pretty mature in my opinion. It also established the Harem and also made Rias as the Main Girl or in this case wife.. Anyways, we didnt have this mind-controlling crap, plus Loki did not have an impact on future chapters. If you think that this adaption puts it way ahead than the LN.. You are definitely wrong, the LN took its chapters to build characters, explain settings, it had a good plot, push the romance, and it even gave ecchi description scenes. Sure, the "reconciliation" in this anime involves fighting, but the way the situation in the LN was handled was great.. So, honestly.. I dont know what the fuck are you people on, when this is being announced that it surpasses the LN in every aspect. Sure, the female designs are amazing, but since episode 10.. Even that didnt stop me from dropping this show....

When did anyone say that it surpasses the LN in every way possible? Loki and JD were far better here than in the LN, but that's it for things that were done better, at least IMO.

And there was no confession so I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
Jun 14, 2015 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
AverageFanboy said:
ElectricRed said:

When did anyone say that it surpasses the LN in every way possible? Loki and JD were far better here than in the LN, but that's it for things that were done better, at least IMO.

And there was no confession so I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

When I was scrolling through this thread, some one said that this anime surpassed the LN.. Anyways, I expected a lot more from JD (It is supposed to be an epic/scary device) and honestly, I didnt care about loki whether he was on the LN or anime.

Really? Well, it is time to read again because the last episode will probably portray the legendary confession from Volume 10 Chapter 2.. Because in the Beginning of Volume 10, Rias has doubts between her and Ise, but in chapter 2.. It is handled where mindcontrol was not necessary at all
Jun 14, 2015 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
ElectricRed said:
AverageFanboy said:

When I was scrolling through this thread, some one said that this anime surpassed the LN.. Anyways, I expected a lot more from JD (It is supposed to be an epic/scary device) and honestly, I didnt care about loki whether he was on the LN or anime.

Really? Well, it is time to read again because the last episode will probably portray the legendary confession from Volume 10 Chapter 2.. Because in the Beginning of Volume 10, Rias has doubts between her and Ise, but in chapter 2.. It is handled where mindcontrol was not necessary at all

It was as epic as it could be. This is TNK, not motherfucking Madhouse.

Loki is one of my two major gripes in the series, he was completely awful in the LN, at least he was a little bit decent in the anime instead of full-blown retard. So it's more about my own opinion regarding him.

And why do you think they need to make the confession now? This isn't a substitute for v10, it's just content Ishibumi decided to add in the anime.
Jun 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2014
AverageFanboy said:
ElectricRed said:

It was as epic as it could be. This is TNK, not motherfucking Madhouse.

Loki is one of my two major gripes in the series, he was completely awful in the LN, at least he was a little bit decent in the anime instead of full-blown retard. So it's more about my own opinion regarding him.

And why do you think they need to make the confession now? This isn't a substitute for v10, it's just content Ishibumi decided to add in the anime.

I know but in the Novel, I felt that it was over the top with all those descriptions, but anyways did I say the animation was bad to say Madhouse should have animated this shit, if the answer is no, then it is no

Well, it is your opinion.. We'll leave it at that

It is a freaking special which takes between volume 7 to volume 8.. Well, that is how it always ends doesnt it?
Jun 14, 2015 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
ElectricRed said:

It is a freaking special which takes between volume 7 to volume 8.. Well, that is how it always ends doesnt it?

You mean the ceremony in the Extra Life of v8? How is that out of question to being animated as an OVA or at the start of a possible S4?
Jun 14, 2015 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
AverageFanboy said:
ElectricRed said:

You mean the ceremony in the Extra Life of v8? How is that out of question to being animated as an OVA or at the start of a possible S4?

Ajuka adjusted Issei's Evil Pieces in ep 11 and therefore TNK will go with the excuse that nothing else is needed from that whole short story. I guess it doesn't matter because this adaptation will end on volume 12 almost surely.
Jun 14, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
LegendarySoldier said:

Cartoon is shitty American kid story with awful cartoon graphics without any good message to kids - like spongebob
anime - if for kids got some nice values like friendship, setting up goals/dreams and never give up to complete them or just simple ideas for playing with friends ("I will be Goku!" "Then I'll be Frieza and.." etc)
for adults to fill up the holes that people are missing in their lives (ecchi) or show other possibilities for life (slice of life) or that simply it could always be worse (drama)
and many many more but please if you still don't see difference then u are simply stupid :|
It is same as Americans call their rugby - football and they only touch ball with foot in 1% of game time ;)

I mean you can keep deluding yourself like that but in the end of the day you are watching cartoons no matter how you sugar coat it and like I said, don't see why people even take the word cartoon as a insult, it's not a derogatory term. What you're saying is because anime has "deeper" impact and better animation it's not a cartoon......

Anime = Japanese Cartoons/Animation. The only distinctive quality is that they are animated in Japan.

Jun 15, 2015 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
Ophis said:
AverageFanboy said:

Ajuka adjusted Issei's Evil Pieces in ep 11 and therefore TNK will go with the excuse that nothing else is needed from that whole short story. I guess it doesn't matter because this adaptation will end on volume 12 almost surely.

Not really, they already announced an OVA for December that will adapt one of the SS so they can still make that one too. But I agree they probably won't go past v12.
Jun 15, 2015 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
11 episode is out and I gonna say it's bad.
They didn't just rearrange the event sequence but they gave it a new tone that doesn't fit highschool DxD at all.
THey're biggest mistake is the JD scene and removing Sitri match, the event with Loki and all still not that bad imo.
Jun 15, 2015 7:57 PM

Feb 2010
ryuixyui said:
AverageFanboy said:

idk toaru majutsu no index was successful only problem is that jcstaff is sitting on season 3 right now :|
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 17, 2015 5:18 AM

Aug 2014
LegendarySoldier said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

I mean you can keep deluding yourself like that but in the end of the day you are watching cartoons no matter how you sugar coat it and like I said, don't see why people even take the word cartoon as a insult, it's not a derogatory term. What you're saying is because anime has "deeper" impact and better animation it's not a cartoon......

Anime = Japanese Cartoons/Animation. The only distinctive quality is that they are animated in Japan.

Yeah you are ignorant, still You cannot prove what you say...
Just so You know in my country we don't call our productions of kids stories - cartoons. Only Americans call anime and other country culture kid stories a cartoon, unfortunately it is spreading to some other countries infected by American culture. That is why I said about football, but u didn't get it... Are you American? I only seen uneducated Americans be so ignorant and stubborn in their beliefs, but mostly in political or historical issues.

So yeah I am offended and cartoon is derogatory term as it is the worst shit for kids that teach them nothing only fills their brains with shit making American population stupid. You can even read about that from articles made by some smart American people.

You probably still won't get it so make use of this advice:
Darklight0303 said:

and google it
no use talking to you anymore about this topic...

Jun 18, 2015 11:27 AM

Jun 2014
after watching the two first seasons i started to read the LN and after i finished vol 7 i found out there is gonna be season 3!
but i must admit i was disappointed/
they cut down a lot of part like sona vs rias rating game or the oppai dragon song
and im not taking about the filler ending they doing for no reason.
I personally think that this season was very average i think i'll give it 7 or 6 and just continue to read the LN.

anime/manga/gaming/Arui43
Nov 17, 2015 10:38 AM

Nov 2013
The last three episodes made me cringe, and the shuffling of the order was pretty sloppy. Felt like there was no proper pacing.
The LN's pacing on the other hand was far superior, should have sticked with it, like the other 2 seasons.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

» The last three episodes are filler

5hyguy - Feb 24

16 by adityakush_477 »»
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

341 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2015

175 by DoryWinter »»
Nov 22, 2023 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.